Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

i prefer boot-132-(chameleon) in a usb-flashdisk or in a small partition of your hdd. this way, u won't need to change (i.e. install kexts - add/remove, install chameleon) anything in the partition where you installed retail leopard (atm, w/ the exception of applehda.kext).

but if u want to do the hack direct to the retail leopard partition, u need to have Chameleon _v1.0.11, Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk, & the kexts that are inside the initrd.img of your boot-132 disc loader.

after successfull install of retail leopard, boot again w/ your boot-132-disc. install Chameleon _v1.0.11. then install Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk where u would be needing already the kexts in your boot-132-disc. reboot.

Another Laptop hang in blue screen before installation starts

I have try the paper clip trick, external monitor, but both don't work. This laptop don't allow the switch of external monitor (FN+F4) until in some sort of GUI... so Can't do anything on that department

If I use the simple BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY iso I get to the blue screen,

If I use the generic.iso I am frozen at the apple grey screen

The laptop works with Kalyway 10.5.1

My laptop is a HP DV6854ca, 965GM, X3100 GPU.

I am currently booting off a USB Drive.

Anyway know whats kext I needed to inject to get this past blue screen

Hey iRule,

My Graphic card is 9800GT which can be installed fine using a package called nvInstaller.pkg. Now, how do I go about finding the appropriate driver (or the kext file) from within this package for my video card ? If I find it, where do I place them in the Boot CD ? and How do I install them in the computer ?

I don't think that 9800GT is supported yet. I don't think any of the 9000 series Nvidia cards are, but I could be wrong. I know the 6, 7 and 8000 series cards are. You could use EFI studio and create graphic strings for you vid card and see if that will work. Again I don't think that card is supported though.

Computer Profile keeps crashing when I want to launch it (this never used to happen with Kalyway)

Now are you referring to the "about this Mac" keeps crashing? If so you can add a modded smbios.kext file or smbios enabler.kext to the extentions folder or the chameleon extras folder.

The computer doesn't restart anymore (it used to with Kalyway)

If you haven't installed Chameleon the right way your comp won't start right. Like MACinized said

if u want to do the hack direct to the retail leopard partition, u need to have Chameleon _v1.0.11, Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk, & the kexts that are inside the initrd.img of your boot-132 disc loader.

after successfull install of retail leopard, boot again w/ your boot-132-disc. install Chameleon _v1.0.11. then install Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk where u would be needing already the kexts in your boot-132-disc. reboot.

I read somewhere that because I didn't delete the AppleIntelCPU xxx .kext. I booted from the DVD and deleted it from the Terminal and the system freezes and never boots ..

Yes you need to delete the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for your system to boot.

Chevy

Everything went fine until ,I guess, the installer came to Select language and there the infamous HD2600xt fuzzy screen appeared. Is there a way to come around this problem with the boot-132 generic iso. I also tried the P5K iso with the same result. i am pretty sure it is the graphic card fault. The computer doesn´t hang or so, just this snow fuzzy screen... Any suggestions would be really great! I have the HD2600pro card in another town. Is it the same problem with that card? I used to run Leo4all without problem but Boot 132 seems way cooler!

Ok, this is really annoying and I've read (if you can call it that after about 8 hours of tinkering with this {censored}) all 16 pages of this post as well as about 6 other topics in their entirety trying to get this to work. I used the generic.iso and dropped in my dsmos.kext, burned to disc and booted from it--swapped cd with RETAIL dvd (put that in caps so you guys don't ask if its the retail version ;)) typed 82... blah blah

the problem is: after the extensions load where the grey boot screen would come up (if not in verbose mode) just sits there, never get the spinning circle and with -v flag the screen just stays black. I've tried -v -f -legacy cpus=1 all of that. about to throw this pile out the window and go back to power computing with a calculator. I'm thinking it may have something to do with using a usb dvd drive to install?? any takers?

Why would you type 82 if you are trying to install RETAIL OSX? Just hit enter twice in row. When you put the Leo dvd in wait till the LED stops blinking and then hit enter twice. If you want to know what's going on hit F8 right after you hit the enter button for the second time. Then type -v. That get you verbose mode.

i prefer boot-132-(chameleon) in a usb-flashdisk or in a small partition of your hdd. this way, u won't need to change (i.e. install kexts - add/remove, install chameleon) anything in the partition where you installed retail leopard (atm, w/ the exception of applehda.kext).

but if u want to do the hack direct to the retail leopard partition, u need to have Chameleon _v1.0.11, Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk, & the kexts that are inside the initrd.img of your boot-132 disc loader.

after successfull install of retail leopard, boot again w/ your boot-132-disc. install Chameleon _v1.0.11. then install Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk where u would be needing already the kexts in your boot-132-disc. reboot.

I have no idea how to do that !! :P

All of what I did was, burnt the ISO into CD, booted from the CD after completing the installation, the using Chameleon installer to make the HDD bootable. Period :D

If what you said is an efficient of way of installing Leopard and not worrying about future updates, then plase enlighten me because you see to be knowledgeable about it :)

Note: I'm scared now to install the Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk after installing the Chameleon Installer because I kept getting Kernel Panics when I used to do it the wrong way. Do you think it's safe now to install Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk AFTER installing the Chameleon Installer ?

so... I decided I'd try something thats probably really dumb but I got sick of wasting cd-r's on boot-132 cds that didn't boot...

I used my macbook to install the retail version on a usb hd then updated to 10.5.5 after reboot. then I hooked up to the dell and booted with the boot-132 cd ("generic.iso" version)... pressed enter, 80, then the -v and -f flags (also tried cpus=1 and -x)... nothing. just a black screen after the extensions load.

so I used osx86 tools to place the mach_kernel file from my working 10.5.2 install onto the retail install drive. rebooted and at least got further (with flags -v -f) but I'm wondering...

what does this mean? (see attached)

and please tell me something like "man, you're retarded, that kernel doesn't work with 10.5.5" not something like "dude you're {censored}ed cuz your cpu is pre-core." I've seen success stories with pre-core cpus and would like to at least see a welcome screen lol

post-143504-1222512610_thumb.jpg

Another Laptop hang in blue screen before installation starts

I have try the paper clip trick, external monitor, but both don't work. This laptop don't allow the switch of external monitor (FN+F4) until in some sort of GUI... so Can't do anything on that department

If I use the simple BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY iso I get to the blue screen,

If I use the generic.iso I am frozen at the apple grey screen

The laptop works with Kalyway 10.5.1

My laptop is a HP DV6854ca, 965GM, X3100 GPU.

I am currently booting off a USB Drive.

Anyway know whats kext I needed to inject to get this past blue screen

so no one could help me on this topic?

Note: I'm scared now to install the Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk after installing the Chameleon Installer because I kept getting Kernel Panics when I used to do it the wrong way. Do you think it's safe now to install Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk AFTER installing the Chameleon Installer ?

iRule,

So you just installed the reg. Chameleon and not the Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk? That's your issue right there I would say. Now can you install Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk after regular Chameleon........ well I've never done it and I would guess it would just overwrite the regular Chameleon and you should be fine. I suppose it can't hurt to try. You've come this far.If it doesn't, then you reinstall and give it a go again.

noted. I am anxious to hear more... in the mean time I'm giving up on the "near-vanilla" installs and just going with updating iAtkos v2i through the method here.

thanks for pointing me to that too! (both of you guys)

Omakayd,

I'm sorry I never looked at your sig as to what type of system you're running. You can't install retail leo dvd the way it's describe here. You have a pre-core2duo cpu. If you want to install retail dvd you will need to follow the link that MACinized gave you. By going that way it will work.

Chevy

Omakayd,

I'm sorry I never looked at your sig as to what type of system you're running. You can't install retail leo dvd the way it's describe here. You have a pre-core2duo cpu. If you want to install retail dvd you will need to follow the link that MACinized gave you. By going that way it will work.

Chevy

don't worry about it. I've actually been trying to boot using the method in the link that MACinized gave me... (that STLVNUB chose to quote and modify lol) I have a feeling that munky's method would work but I got tired of wasting cd-rs (don't have any rw's :D) trying to add the modded kernel to the .iso

Thanks

Can anyone help me get this working on a:

Intel Quad Core 2.8 GhZ

Nvidia 790i Motherboard

Nvidia 280 Video card

My Problem while using boot 132 bootloader is the computer loads, I swap the disk however it acts like it's booting then the computer reboot's itself.. Am I missing kexts or somthing?

thanks!

I don't think your vid card is supported at this time.

Ok even if thats the case, I have an old 8800 here that from I saw works... So how can I get this CD to boot, because it Act's like its gonna boot the retail disk I get the loading dawinx86 and everything then the computer just reboot. Your help is appreciated!

Hey, i tried booting a 10.5 RetailDVD using several images (generic.iso, BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso, BURNME.iso).

It always freezes at the apple screen, see attached files for -v screenshots of two attempts, no appearant (at least to me) error is shown.

I tried both -f and -vanilla, no change.

Chipset: intel G35 Express, Core 2 Quad CPU, 8 GB Ram

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

thx

post-238006-1222548611_thumb.jpg

post-238006-1222548629_thumb.jpg

Hey, i tried booting a 10.5 RetailDVD using several images (generic.iso, BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso, BURNME.iso).

It always freezes at the apple screen, see attached files for -v screenshots of two attempts, no appearant (at least to me) error is shown.

I tried both -f and -vanilla, no change.

Chipset: intel G35 Express, Core 2 Quad CPU, 8 GB Ram

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

thx

try booting with -x

Ok even if thats the case, I have an old 8800 here that from I saw works... So how can I get this CD to boot, because it Act's like its gonna boot the retail disk I get the loading dawinx86 and everything then the computer just reboot. Your help is appreciated!

Did you try it with the 8800GT in it yet? It is a supported card. If so what happens?

Chevy

Hey guys,

I used the Boot-132 ISO provided by Elastic and got it to boot. The only problem I have is that my GF 8600GT is not recognized. I get the 14MB line when darwin boots up. Is there some kext I need? Because then I could add it to the Boot-132 ISO and then copy everything to my Boot-132 partition. My hardware is in my sig. Thanks!

Hey guys,

I used the Boot-132 ISO provided by Elastic and got it to boot. The only problem I have is that my GF 8600GT is not recognized. I get the 14MB line when darwin boots up. Is there some kext I need? Because then I could add it to the Boot-132 ISO and then copy everything to my Boot-132 partition. My hardware is in my sig. Thanks!

u can use EFI Studio. it provides an efi-string though so u can't add it w/ the boot-132-disc. w/c then u can use w/ the Boot-132-Chameleon w/ EFI-strings Loader. ;)

Anyone got QE/CI enable for NVidia cards? I'm using NVkush into my INITRD.IMG and that works BUT no QE/CI

u can also use EFI Studio.

tried that, no change, any other ideas?

Chris(dw)

It may be an issue with the G35 chipset. I tried the same thing with a buddies comp, he has a G33 chipset, and after putting in the Leo dvd it reboots as well. Now granted he has an HP and not a hand built. You never listed if your comp as being prebuilt or hand built.

Chevy