Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

Please help!...

Dell Optiplex 620 (Intel 945 Express)...

I've tried several different boot-132 images, they boot, leopart starts to boot but then just sits at the Grey Apple screen indefinitely which no spinning progress wheeel.

Dell Optiplex 755 (Intel Q35)...

I've tried several different boot-132 images to boot the leopard disk but as leopard install disk starts to boot it just reboots the PC - every time and with every boot-132 image I've tried.

Are there any boot-132 images known to work easily with either of the above machines? Are there any boot switches I should use, such as -v -f. I've tried both of those, still same results.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi all could I get some help with a Sony Vaio TZ 370 please? I have tried both Bumby and the generic iso's. With both I can boot into osx installer but it gets to a blue screen after the gray apple logo screen and just sits there. I was able to install osx using kalyway 10.5.2 on the same laptop so I know it is possible. I also know my osx dvd is good because I installed osx on my shuttle kpc 45 using the same dvd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay folks, I need some help. :wacko:

I have a Dell 1420, 1.73Ghz with Intel Crestline Graphics.

The harddrive choked on it, so I purchased a new one. I don't have a copy of Windows to install, I was using Ubuntu.. but, since I'm a Mac user, I decided to install OS X on it. :) Problem is, I don't know how to find out what's in this thing without running Windows.

I've tried almost all of the ISO's that are available and none of them will allow me to boot the Retail DVD without going into safe mode to do so. But, then all hell breaks loose when I start adding kexts.

I was wondering if anyone could shed light on the situation? Maybe some of you are using a 1420? Or, know of a way to get the specs of this machine without Windows? I know that Crestline is almost positively the X3100, not the Nvidia Mobile card.

Thanks in advance from a complete OSx86 Newbie!

(WARNING: TOTALLY NOOB POST)

Okay, here's the deal. I have a custom built PC with the specs:

E6700 Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz

XFX Alpha Dog Edition 8800GT XXX using DVI

1X250GB Maxtor Diamondmax 7200rpm on primary SATA. This is split into 2 partitions each about 112 GB NTFS, one for XP, one for Vista.

1X80GB Maxtor on secondary SATA. This is NTFS and is filled with games.

Samsung writemaster SH S183L on third SATA.

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe motherboard

I have burned the kabyl boot cd, and this boots. Then I swap it for the Leopard DVD, and enter -v, etc. The boot process starts, and I see all the kexts being loaded. THen i begin to get read errors. Sector (a lot of numbers go here) could not be read. Device 64 drive or controller error. It does this for some files, then it stops reading any files, and I get a very long list of errors reading files. Does the problem lie in my configuration, or my Leopard disc.

Also in the beginning, when loading the disc, for a split second it says something on the boot loader: something/somethign/something/apple.boot.com.plist not found. Is this bad?

If I try this in Virtual Machine 2007 or VirtualBox, it loads well, then it gets stuck after loading IOFirewire something.

I tried the generic.iso (two separate d/ls) and get a checksum error when I try to boot. Is there a particular way I'm supposed to d/l and burn?

EDIT: found the answer here

BUT, better yet can someone point me to a pre-made boot-132 ISO for a BadAxe2?

EDIT: found one that works, search for K.I.S.S. iso

Hi all could I get some help with a Sony Vaio TZ 370 please? I have tried both Bumby and the generic iso's. With both I can boot into osx installer but it gets to a blue screen after the gray apple logo screen and just sits there. I was able to install osx using kalyway 10.5.2 on the same laptop so I know it is possible. I also know my osx dvd is good because I installed osx on my shuttle kpc 45 using the same dvd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Another TZ user here. TZ90 with intel 945. Booting using DVD drive. Takes hella long time to load everything up, goes to grey apple screen, then freezes at the blue screen with no cursor. Using the bumby boot 132 iso and leopard 10.5.4 retail. Currently on a uphuck 10.4 release that is quite stable.

Anyone any ideas why it's freezing at the blue screen???

i successfuly installed retail leopard 10.5.4 on my system using Boot-132 and its working great except for shutdown, restart and sleep. My system profiler detects my system as "SomeModel" and my boot rom version as as "XXXXXX". Is replacing vanilla smbios can break my system? i installed mac.nub SMBIOS-27 and nothing changes in my profiler? what can i do to edit my system profiler correctly?

Hello everybody, I have a problem! I'm a Mac-user since a couple of years, and therefore I have never had the need to install OSX86, but now I'm trying to install Leopard on my girlfriends laptop (Dell D630 2,2GHz C2D), and can't get it working!

I'm able to get as far as to the installler, but when it's going to install the system it says that Mac OS X can't be installed on that computer (and yes, I'm using an retail version of Leopard, not restore). What can I do to get it working?

Hi folks , I followed the tutorials, I tried everything.I spent hours of reading but I have no luck installing 10.5 retail on SSE2 Centrino M725 Dothan Tecra Notebook. After loading the .ddl black screen appears.

What is the perfect bootloader 132 , which Kernel patch might work.?? Does anybody allready made an ISO.??

Thank you very very 10000 much .

regards

Hello all... I'm running into the following issue...

"EBIOS read error: controller or device error"

"block 16432736 sectors 64"

I've previously installed Kalyway 10.5.2 with success on this same hardware. I went out and purchased the retail version of Leopard 10.5.4 thinking that I could use the DFE-132 cd. I've had no luck. I've used the Bumpy and Generic iso to boot with but the problem remains the same. Any help or suggestions would be great.

My specs are listed in my signature block...

~Peanut

Boot 132 loads mac install disk OK, however, when I try to use the disk utility it cannot see my second hard drive so I can't format a Mac partition on it.

Kalyway sees the second disk drive fine.

How can I get Disk utility to see my second hard drive?

how is the 2nd disc connected? sata? usb? raid controller? what motherboard do you have? what boot disc did you use? what file system is the 2nd disc? if its on an ide controller do you have it set to ahci?

Boot 132 loads mac install disk OK, however, when I try to use the disk utility it cannot see my second hard drive so I can't format a Mac partition on it.

Kalyway sees the second disk drive fine.

How can I get Disk utility to see my second hard drive?

1st & 2nd hard drives connected Sata without AHCI. Mobo is Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L. 2nd hard drive is standard mac formatted. Not on ide controler. Don't know version of boot disk.

Thanks for help. Can you recommend a vrsion for boot disk?

http://rapidshare.com/files/130047075/p35.iso.html

that boot disk is for your motherboard, see if that one loads the sata drive...

also try turning ahci on

1st & 2nd hard drives connected Sata without AHCI. Mobo is Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L. 2nd hard drive is standard mac formatted. Not on ide controler. Don't know version of boot disk.

Thanks for help. Can you recommend a vrsion for boot disk?

are you using 10.5.4 or above? nvkush will not work, none of the injectors work anymore, you need to download efistudio, a google search should do you well, pick your video card model, and patch it, its rather straight forward., make sure you remove nvkush from starting up or it won't work.

Anyone got QE/CI enable for NVidia cards? I'm using NVkush into my INITRD.IMG and that works BUT no QE/CI

Hi All

Got an acer aspire 4710 that works well with Leo4allv3 updated to 10.5.5

Mobile Intel® 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Chipsets or Intel® 945GT Express Chipset

Chipset Components

Memory Controller:

82945GM/GMS/82940GML or 82945GT

I/O Controller:

Intel® 82801GBM/GHM I/O controller hub (ICH7M/ICH7MDH) SATA Controller found in AHCI mode

Integrated Graphics:

Intel GMA 950

Using both the generic and the modified downloads would allow me to boot the retail install dvd, but then would hang on blue screen. tried the external monitor with no luck. Is there another disc i should try?

Thanks

http://rapidshare.com/files/130047075/p35.iso.html

that boot disk is for your motherboard, see if that one loads the sata drive...

also try turning ahci on

are you using 10.5.4 or above? nvkush will not work, none of the injectors work anymore, you need to download efistudio, a google search should do you well, pick your video card model, and patch it, its rather straight forward., make sure you remove nvkush from starting up or it won't work.

I'm using 10.5.1, and will try 10.5.4 when I can. p35.iso booter seemed to work OK. Can't tell for sure until I try 10.5.4. Thanks again for your help. Will try efistudio when I can.

the original posts for boot 132 have very clear instructions for p5w dh boards

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry811773

use the boot cd for that link to install from the retail disc

when you reach the step, post install, for moving the mkext from the boot disc to the chameleon folder, use the following link

http://rapidshare.com/files/152082806/mkex...raphic.zip.html

that contains the exact same kexts as the other boot 132 disc except without the nvkush kext because the injectors don't work anymore

it is now recommended to use efi studio which should be easy to find on netkas.org forums, efi studio will allow you to use efi strings placed in your com.apple.boot.plist to allow os x to recognize your nvidia or ati card, the network card for the p5w dh is automatically working as it is the same chip as the actual macs, thats for wired ethernet, for wireless there is a seperate driver for that.

you have to make sure your bios is updated to the latest release which i think is 2704

and that your bios settings match exactly what macita has posted in the first link

this isn't just a "pop this boot disc in, then OH WTF it doesn't work" it does work and you have to follow the instructions exactly.

peanuts, I have EXACTLY the same problem as what you said.

Help is apprecieated

wait a sec, it has to be the P5W DH. I have the same mobo, and the same problem!

Okay, here's a funny one...

Fresh install full leopard using Boot 132.

booted in -v mode as I always do, and the first restart right after installing leopard (the one time you have the use the disc again) I get kernel panic before I even get into the system? with the normal generic.iso disc that has worked countless times before!

and this is RIGHT after a leopard install following an all-zero format GUID of the hard drive...

anyone got any ideas?

the error is not very specific...

but here's a pic:

p2010081558co7.jpg

PLEASE HELP!

Hey I try to install the retail leopard 10.5, bellow is what I did

#1 - Burn .iso on a CD; (BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY)

#2 - Boot this CD; (BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY)

note: BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY is the onlyone the allow me to install retail 10.5 DVD.

while BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY loadin I get an error message below.

system config file'/com.apple.boot.s/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

after that error I can still install the retail 10.5 DVD, but the installation fail at last.

I restart type -v get into leopard 10.5 installation, update to 10.5.5 after restart type -v -f computer restart but cannot get back to leopard installation.

Oh and I have install kalyway 10.5.2 and also able to update it to 10.5.5 .

my motherboard is a P5K-E with E8400 CPU.

okay earlier panic fixed.

Now one FINAL issue I'm having!

I have an ATi 4870 graphics card. I'm aware no kexts or drivers etc officially exist for mac, but is it possible to kind of trick it a little? like loading on 3870 drivers so it will at least work BETTER then what it is now? I dont get any system effects without some lag here n the transparency is gone and not even an option...

any ideas people?

also one final thing, I'm slowly installing the system upgrades offline one by one to make sure i know which one messes things up if something goes wrong, but can you uninstall a system patch once its been applied?

Thanks!

Hi guys!

I really love what u're doin here!

I got it working (almost) with the retail dvd and the generic iso, however.....

1 Must I boot with the generic iso everytime I start the computer?

2 There seems to be no sound

3 Harddrives doesn't seem to be "caching" so they work a bit everytime I start some new app. Maybe that's normal ? I don't know how OSX works in that way.

I would really appreciate some tips here...and also if there are any kext that should be loaded and how.

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (EP-DS3 according to "about Mac"), Intel E7300, Corsair 4G 800 memory

Thanks!

/pedjoh

Hi.

I have a Lenovo Intel Pentium Dual Core and I'm trying to install Osx retail dvd after starting the system with Boot-132.

I always have this error:

EBIOS read error: Controller or device error

Block 16432736 Sectors 64

The installation goes on but all I got is the screen with the apple and nothing happens.

If I type cpus=1 before starting the installation I got the same screen as before but with a symbol below the apple but nothing happens even this time.

Any suggestion?

I tried to use a iMac installation dvd but I had the same results.

Giovanni

First of all thanks to Elastic, to ~Galaxy, and to newmacky!

I successfully installed my Leopard DVD on my PC using the Elastic ISO and some tips from newmacky... after the install I was so happy that I decided to perform the update from Apple to the 10.5.5 and after booting ...

.... BAD NEWS nothing works, the OSX hangs during boot.

My configuration is the following:

intel q6600

GigaByte EP35-DS4

Gigabyte (nvidia) 8400 GS

4 GB memory

Did somebody experience the same problem?

Hi guys!

I really love what u're doin here!

I got it working (almost) with the retail dvd and the generic iso, however.....

1 Must I boot with the generic iso everytime I start the computer?

2 There seems to be no sound

3 Harddrives doesn't seem to be "caching" so they work a bit everytime I start some new app. Maybe that's normal ? I don't know how OSX works in that way.

I would really appreciate some tips here...and also if there are any kext that should be loaded and how.

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (EP-DS3 according to "about Mac"), Intel E7300, Corsair 4G 800 memory

Thanks!

/pedjoh

To install the kexts for your motherboard, you can use the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3x Control Center here. As for booting with the generic iso, you can create a small partition on your HD and boot from that. Check chameleon.