Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

ook, I'm very new to this and probably retarded, but I need some help.

I have a Lenovo S10 (the tiny netbook), and a samsung external DVD player.

I've downloaded generic.iso as well as the kabyl-bumby.iso and neither boot.

My dvd player whirs for a few seconds after I tell the computer to boot to it, and then nothing; it says "operating system not found."

As a note, I replaced the hard drive with a totally blank one...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

First of all thanks to Elastic, to ~Galaxy, and to newmacky!

I successfully installed my Leopard DVD on my PC using the Elastic ISO and some tips from newmacky... after the install I was so happy that I decided to perform the update from Apple to the 10.5.5 and after booting ...

.... BAD NEWS nothing works, the OSX hangs during boot.

My configuration is the following:

intel q6600

GigaByte EP35-DS4

Gigabyte (nvidia) 8400 GS

4 GB memory

Did somebody experience the same problem?

After update first boot with -v -f . Your system will restart once.

After that boot with -x (your system hangs probably because of GPU). Than add GPU strings with EFI studio and restart normally.

Ciao sampledi,

thanks for your reply, but at the time I have already formatted the partition.

Now 'I have a bigger problen, because I cannot install OSX from Retail disk anymore:

I tried everything!!

- My bios settings are those used by ls8 (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77165)

- My DVDROM is SATA

- I have 2 SATA and 1 IDE HDD (I tried also to detach the IDE)

- I have also a gigabyte 8400 GS NVIDIA

I got always the kernel-panic unable to find drivers for this platform \"ACPI\" , pointing to the file ACPIPlatformExpert.cpp

Do you have any glue ?

this question has been crossposted to

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...id=962079

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...877&st=140#

Sorry for that, but I wanted to get some visibility among the people working with this method.

thanks a lot,

Dustin

Ok so I am not sure where to continue now with my attempt to load Leopard on my pc. First off my specs are

Gigabyte ep45 ds3r mobo

intel e8400 cpu

4gb ocz sli ram

2 500gb wd sata hd

1 lg sata cd/dvd burner

MSI ati hd3850 512mb pci express video card

and i think thats about it.

The problem i am having is after chameleon install.

I boot from the modified iso, then switch to OS X disk, then install. I install onto a single partition guid, the install completes but will not reboot. So I manually power down my pc. Next i boot again with the iso and do -v -f and install chameleon. From there everything works great except when it boots it says that errors were found and I still have to select my HD for the boot device. But it will boot into OS X without the iso disk which I guess is a good sign. My problem is first that I only have 1024x768 resolution which is no good and also if i update from 10.5 to 10.5.5 it will no longer boot. It gives me a jumbles screen when I boot. I have also tried to DL the 10.5.4 update and install it but when my dl completes it says that the image is not a recognizable type and it wont let me run the 10.5.4 update. I have just freshly installed again and am working in low res and with no updates. It is leopard 10.5 but I just don't know what my next step should be to make this work properly. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance.

hello folks

I have laptop hp pavillion dv6000 product no dv6700 model no dv6907 with the following hardware:

HDD:FUJITSU MHZ2 160 BH G2

HDD: 160 GB (5400)

CPU: 2.00 GHz Intel Core2 Duo processor T57500 featuring Intel Centrino Duo mobile processor technology

Cache:L1 64,L2 2.048

RAM: 2048 (2 x 1024 MB) 4GB

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS refresh rate 60hz

Video Memory: Up to 1023 MB (256 MB dedicated)

CD-ROM: SuperMulti DVD+R/RW Double Layer

Display: 15.4" WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Fax/Modem: Motorola High speed 56K modem

Network Card: Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface

Wireless Connectivity: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABGNetwork Connection

Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI-E fast ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Sound: Realtek high definition audio

the problem is i will like to install retail leopard dvd to my laptop and i am really desperate to find the way to install i have been looking over all the topics already post it and there is so many different way to do this i am not really sure that how to do so i am seeking your help please can you show me the way that i can do this with the clean english because my english is not that good

do anyone willing to help me with this

thanks

Hi, I've managed to install Leopard from retail DVD.First of all my sound did not work, so I patched it Taruga's style 

But today the other problem appeared... 

I can't mount my USB drive ... no matter - with or without restart anyone knows how to fix this ?

EDIT: Should I do anything except installing Leo using boot-132 disk and then using it to boot ??

Yesterday I took the step to create a Boot-132 CD. It worked very nice, I installed with the retail DVD and finished the installation. 10.5.0 was installed. Now I tried to update to 10.5.5 via Software Update, updating went fine, but after the first reboot I got a "still waiting for root device" error. Shouldn't the Boot-132 procedure work flawlessly with "Software Update"?

edit: my bad, had to boot with -v -x

edit: OSX not booting correctly, need to investigate further :D

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning to all of you :wacko:

I've got a Samsung R560 Notebook and i'm trying to install MacOSX to it, using 132 Bootloader-CD.

My problem is, no matter which iso i'm trying it starts loading initrd.img and then stops with the Erorr: "/libery/preferences/system configuration/com.apple.boot.plist not found"

I've not even got the slightest idea what might cause it. I'm using generic, basic, what ever i can find, even an iso created by a german member which worked for his R560, but always the same error. When i enter the retail nontheless, it prompts the same error and thats it.

I've got my drive GPT formated using the kalyway distro and installed Vista 32bit SP1 on it already. Might this be responsible for this error?

AHCI on/off doesn't change a thing

Bios is not up to date, but i'm reluctant to flash the bios of a notebook without knowing for sure whether it'll help. (currently asking for infos about the successors' biosversion)

Hardware:

Intel P8400 2,26ghz, 1066 FSB

4gb DDR3 1066 Ram

PM45 and ICH9-M

Geforce 9600M GT 512MB

320gb SATA HDD

TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A <-- SATA, right?

I hope somebody is able to help me out with this,

Aranius

EDIT:

Managed to install Retail Leopard on the drive using an external USBdrive with Kalyway 10.5.2, now i made a bootable USB-Stick, everything works finde... except there is the same error and so nothing works T.T

Hi there!

I'm trying to install a Retail DVD (Leopard 10.5.4) using this Boot-132 method (Hack #1 in my sig.), but there's a strange video bug (I suppose)

The Boot-132CD loads ok, then I put the Retail DVD and try to boot. There's a "EBIOS errror" at the begining, but the process moves on. After a while seeing the Apple's gray screen, my screen gets "confused"... I see that when I try moving the mouse, something happens there, but it's impossible to do anything. The only modification I did was to insert the JMicron patched boot file inside "generic.iso".

I'm kind of noob at this, I hope someone knows... look at the attached pics!!!!!!

Thanks and sorry for the bad english.

The EBIOS READ ERROR is due to a wrong burn, as far as i know, try burning slower. Whether it has something to do with you other problem, i don't know did you try booting in -v -x mode?

Hi Aranius!

Good tip! I could boot and install the Retail DVD using the -x (safe mode). The problem is that ONLY USING this mode is possible to boot... otherwise, I get the same bug screen...

What should I do? And what kexts should I insert on my system?

Thanks

Hi , use the Boot-132CD, tried the 80, 81 all the way to 99, but still does not load the retail dvd from my sata driver, It does read the boot 132 cd, I don't have the option to change the sata in the bios to achp

thanks for the help

All the way up to 99? It is a hexadecimal number :thumbsup_anim:

The DVD should be 9f, which is also the default value BTW.

The EBIOS READ ERROR is due to a wrong burn, as far as i know, try burning slower. Whether it has something to do with you other problem, i don't know did you try booting in -v -x mode?
Actually, no. It's not necessarily a burn error. I had these messages with both original retail and downloaded retail images. The installation still worked fine.

It is, of course, advisable to burn your DVD media with the SLOWEST possible speed to avoid reading problems.

ok, now it's working, i changed the default-boot option :)

Another thing: Is it possible to implement modified DSDTfiles in the 132 Method? Actually i like the idea very much to boot with it but i'd still like to boot using both of my CPUs, which seems not to be possible without DSDTpatch.

GFX-strings would be nice to, but when dsdt works it's not necessary^^

Any idea if it's possible and if, how? :)

looks like it's caused by your videocard, did you already implement it? For the HOW i can't help ya sry, go for a search :) GFXstrings looks like a good method but i don't know how to do that with 132 ;(

Aranius,

I still did "nothing" on my System. Just installed and got this bug screen.

Maybe I'll try boot in safe mode and install some ATI packages...

BTW: does GFX strings works ok for a ATI RADEON HD 3850? I thought it was for Geforces only... good to know!!!

Thanks.

All the way up to 99? It is a hexadecimal number :)

The DVD should be 9f, which is also the default value BTW.

Actually, no. It's not necessarily a burn error. I had these messages with both original retail and downloaded retail images. The installation still worked fine.

It is, of course, advisable to burn your DVD media with the SLOWEST possible speed to avoid reading problems.

thanks for the help, I will try tomorrow

Hey there... Im using a gigabyte ga-965p-dq6 mainboard and already bought a sata dvd und sata HDD. I have a radeon x1950pro and i read a thread which said i have to use the 965p-ds3 Boot-CD. Now i put it in, the bootloader worked then i put in the retail dvd and i dont know which number i have to put in to boot my DVD-drive. How can i find out which number it is (81,82...). which CD would you recommend and do i have to put in any kexts?? which kexts would i need??

I now tried the two digits in the () which was fe at my computer. then there was an error which said ebios read error at sector 0 block 64. Which does that mean? It doenst even really read the DVD i think. it not even a second between pressing enter and the error??

Thanks a lot...

Greez,

Mat

Guys, I downloaded generic.iso and burnt on CD as it is from Vista using Nero. And when I restarted with it, following happened.

1) Normal loading screen (I guess its normal, is it ? )

3095349742_3a0f143514.jpg

2) Darwin prompt appeared.

3095349754_e25980fe97.jpg

3) Here I removed the Cd and inserted Retail DVD. Then I typed "-v" and following screen came.

3095349746_74e5d31834.jpg

What Im gonna do now ? First HDD [80] is the 1Tb and Vista is installed on it. 81 (Second HDD) is the 250GB on which I wish to install Retail Leo. What Im going to do now ? How do I boot from Retail DVD ?

My mobo is P5Q Pro. I know there is thread on it but I want to install Retail from DVD only and so I first need to boot it. So what to do now ??

Thanks already. ;)

Guys, I downloaded generic.iso and burnt on CD as it is from Vista using Nero. And when I restarted with it, following happened.

1) Normal loading screen (I guess its normal, is it ? )

3095349742_3a0f143514.jpg

2) Darwin prompt appeared.

3095349754_e25980fe97.jpg

3) Here I removed the Cd and inserted Retail DVD. Then I typed "-v" and following screen came.

3095349746_74e5d31834.jpg

What Im gonna do now ? First HDD [80] is the 1Tb and Vista is installed on it. 81 (Second HDD) is the 250GB on which I wish to install Retail Leo. What Im going to do now ? How do I boot from Retail DVD ?

My mobo is P5Q Pro. I know there is thread on it but I want to install Retail from DVD only and so I first need to boot it. So what to do now ??

Thanks already. :D

You need to read the instructions.

What you have to do when you boot the CD is to press ESC and then swap the retail DVD. After that press enter (f9 must be selected, but it usually is as default) and input your retail disk's UUID into the darwin prompt.

You need to read the instructions.

What you have to do when you boot the CD is to press ESC and then swap the retail DVD. After that press enter (f9 must be selected, but it usually is as default) and input your retail disk's UUID into the darwin prompt.

Done ! the code was ef :)