Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

ok this is frustrating

i currently have kalyway 10.5.1 upgraded to 10.5.4 on my system on my gigibyte p35 ds3l board

i have 2 harddrives, both sata and formatted to mac extended journaled

here is the problem

i boot into the iso file (generic and ds4 ones, they both did this) and the prompt asks me for boot volume

i put in my retail leopard disc and select the empty mac formatted hd (which is 80)

it then gives me a message saying startup.plist can not be found or something. wont even start loading up leopard from the disk at all

any idea whats going on?

many thanks!

ok this is frustrating

here is the problem

i put in my retail leopard disc and select the empty mac formatted hd (which is 80)

it then gives me a message saying startup.plist can not be found or something. wont even start loading up leopard from the disk at all

any idea whats going on?

many thanks!

pls. clarify

my boot from cd command was ef. However, the boot screen gave me that option. It was in brackets. Took me forever to figure it out.

indeed. when u use boot-132 DISC, default option is your optical drive since it just loaded from a cd. u just got to press enter then. but be sure to wait for a while after putting-in your retail leopard dvd installer.

I have an HP dc7700 small form factor.

Intel c2d e6400 (2.13ghz)

Q965 motherboard (if I'm not mistaken)

4gb ram

MSI nx8400gs

PCI Realtek 8169s

What kext will I need to load or which ISO do I need to get a good bootloader for my system?

Can you please help me out?

indeed. when u use boot-132 DISC, default option is your optical drive since it just loaded from a cd. u just got to press enter then. but be sure to wait for a while after putting-in your retail leopard dvd installer.

Correct! I have a simple tutorial here. I hope that can help.

Btw, unlike with other hack OS X distributions, updating to OS X 10.5.5 from Apple is pretty straightforward when using retail DVD with Boot-132. Just install, reboot with -v -f (on first boot only) and everything works perfect.

I cant get the retail disc to load...

I tried 3 different bootloaders (elastic, Generic and the standard one for n00bs).

Getting to the bootscreen, press enter, swap disc to retail and enter again.

Apple screen comes up and after 10-15 seconds I get the little stop sign...

Any idea?

It halts at: NVkush guesses your card is a Geforce 8400gs whit Generic ISO.

MY card is idd a 8400gs but it does not boot any further...

I have a 10.5.4 retail install DVD

I cant get the retail disc to load...

I tried 3 different bootloaders (elastic, Generic and the standard one for n00bs).

Getting to the bootscreen, press enter, swap disc to retail and enter again.

Apple screen comes up and after 10-15 seconds I get the little stop sign...

Any idea?

It halts at: NVkush guesses your card is a Geforce 8400gs whit Generic ISO.

MY card is idd a 8400gs but it does not boot any further...

I have a 10.5.4 retail install DVD

Make sure you are booting to the right (clean!) install disk.

Hi everybody;

Sorry if its asked before but i'm lost in the threads -_-

I have a boot-132 system working well on an Asus P5B but it doesn't see my second HDD.

My conf are:

SATA1: Seagate 500 GB (GUID, boot-132 one)

SATA2: Asus DVD-RW

SATA3: Seagate 250 GB (MBR, 1st partition-Win XP, 2nd partition-iDeneb)

I'm seeing all my HDDs on iDeneb side, so there must be solution.

Any ideas?

I am!

It's a retail disc, 1 on 1 copy.

It also says: Mac OS x Install DVD

Not upgrade or anything. :censored2:

I'm now trying some different kext in my boot iso.

But I dont know where to start...

try removing nvkush.kext first or any other graphics/display injectors. if u get to successfully install your retail 10.5.4, on reboot, u can try putting back nvkush in your boot-132.

good luck.

Thanks mate!

I tried removing nvkush but it did not fix my problem.

After that I added/replaced a few kext with the following:

AppleACPIPlatform latest Buid 178(Ver 1.2.1) for restart Fix

AppleAHCIPort.Kext Build 60 (ver 1.5.1)

IOAHCIFamily.kext Build 58 (ver 1.0.4) shows SATA drive as internal

I found these in this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404

I can boot the dvd and install it.

But I always need to have the boot is cd in place otherwise it wont boot.

I installed cameleon on my HD but it does not boot from HD...

How do I know which kext files I exactly need? So I can inplement them in my boot iso....

If I knew which kext to use it would be great...

Thanks mate!

I tried removing nvkush but it did not fix my problem.

After that I added/replaced a few kext with the following:

AppleACPIPlatform latest Buid 178(Ver 1.2.1) for restart Fix

AppleAHCIPort.Kext Build 60 (ver 1.5.1)

IOAHCIFamily.kext Build 58 (ver 1.0.4) shows SATA drive as internal

I found these in this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404

I can boot the dvd and install it.

But I always need to have the boot is cd in place otherwise it wont boot.

I installed cameleon on my HD but it does not boot from HD...

How do I know which kext files I exactly need? So I can inplement them in my boot iso....

If I knew which kext to use it would be great...

the kexts in the boot-132 disc that u recently used to successfully install retail leopard are exactly the ones u need.

u just need the initrd.img (where ur needed kexts are) & u can boot to your retail leopard install either via usb flashdrive or from a partition of ur harddisk.

Again, thanks for your answer.

Can't I boot from my (normal) harddisk after installing chameleon?

I thought the story was like this:

* Boot 132 iso with kexts.

* swap to leo retail dvd and install

* boot 132 iso again and type 80 to boot from harddisk

* do the configuration (keyboard layout, personal info, creating account etc) after config you are in Leopard

* extract kexts from the 132 boot CD

* open chameleon install and put kexts in the extra content folder and install chameleon after that

What am I doing wrong?

Or can't I boot from my installed partition?

had the same problem using chameleon. installed both chameleon & the chameleon_for_hard_disk. these chameleons should already allow u to automatically boot to your retail leopard install but don't know why i can't get it to work too.

that's why i resorted to boot-132 all the way & leaving my retail leopard install "untouched". boot-132 is residing in a very small partition of my hdd. :)

I just ditched my perfectly running Kalyway 10.5.4. I have decided that I should try the Boot132 Generic ISO install. The install went smoothly. I got my Kext files transfered over and everything seems to be running well. However my graphics card drivers are not taking with 10.5.5. I am running an ATI X1900GT, Chameleon with the boot file from the ISO swapped into the root folder as well as the Extras folder. My motherboard is a p5k-vm. Any suggestions on what I should do to try to get my graphics card working. I cloned a drive with my entire working 10.5.4. However when I copy over all the ATI Kext files nothing changes.

Ahhh ok...

Pity!

Would be a lot better if I dont need any CD or different partition...

Hope this will be fixed :(

might have been just "confused" by having multiple partitions or hdd. u may want to try to manually fdisk to make sure that the partition for your retail leopard install is the one active.

Again, thanks for your answer.

Can't I boot from my (normal) harddisk after installing chameleon?

I thought the story was like this:

* Boot 132 iso with kexts.

* swap to leo retail dvd and install

* boot 132 iso again and type 80 to boot from harddisk

* do the configuration (keyboard layout, personal info, creating account etc) after config you are in Leopard

* extract kexts from the 132 boot CD

* open chameleon install and put kexts in the extra content folder and install chameleon after that

What am I doing wrong?

Or can't I boot from my installed partition?

Try to replace the file "/boot" on your Leopard partition by the one from generic.iso (which may appear as "BOOT" in uppercase but you should copy it as "boot" lowercase in your root directory).

If I understand what you did, you ended by installing chameleon which should have overwritten your /boot file. The one put by chameleon wont load your /Extra extensions, that's why you should copy back the one from generic.iso.

Pity... It didn't work...

I copied the BOOT file from the 132 iso to a memory renamed it to boot (lowercase) and than copied it to the root of my install.

I could not override the file so I needed to delete the old BOOT file and than copied the boot (lowercase) file.

Restarted but without luck...