Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

But, will this happen to every Leopard DVD, or this is just because this one if made for a MACBOOK?

I mean, If I manage to find another Leopard DVD Retail, will this work without any further changes?

Thank you

I already got this some time before (on 10.5 release, not 10.5.5), but it seems it can have various causes.

Can you see other errors before ?

In my case I had also "*ACPI*" errors, which lead me to check ACPI kexts. I could resolve it by adding a right "IOACPIFamily.kext" in my extra extensions folder.

The "Error 35" is a quite common one, don't care about it. If you want to avoid this, follow this link :

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,83.0.html

For your installation problem, you should be able to go through it but with some manipulations. If you're interrested in, I could explain it more precisely. Basically, you have to extract the content of your retail DVD on a partition, then modify (under your Leo4all) the content of one file (OSInstall.mpkg) in order to bypass the machine type test, and finally launch the installation of your new system from your Leo4all one, using the modified OSInstall file.

Look at the wiki page to find guides on how to install Vista and OS X at the same time.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...allation_Guides

I tried that post, as well as many other tutorials. Ive even tried kalyway instead of my retail. the problem is, every time i get into os x to install, and go to disk utilities to erase the partition, it ends up erasing my entire hard drive, including my windows partition. it won't just erase the partition i set aside for osx. then i have to reinstall vista again.

how do i get around this so that I can install osx with my vista?

I tried that post, as well as many other tutorials. Ive even tried kalyway instead of my retail. the problem is, every time i get into os x to install, and go to disk utilities to erase the partition, it ends up erasing my entire hard drive, including my windows partition. it won't just erase the partition i set aside for osx. then i have to reinstall vista again.

u may try this guide.

not really sure but i believe vista can be installed in gpt. if u do can install vista in gpt, ignore step 5 of the guide (retail leopard dvd installer for mbr).

good luck.

I have 2 hdd one vista and one leopard

I can switch os by use boot-132 cd menu(80 or 81)

but I can't use usb for boot-132

if I have on'y one hdd I can

anyone can help?

MACinized Posted Today, 09:12 AM

QUOTE(anujpuri85 @ Sep 22 2008, 05:15 AM)

u may try this guide.

not really sure but i believe vista can be installed in gpt. if u do can install vista in gpt, ignore step 5 of the guide (retail leopard dvd installer for mbr).

good luck.

u may try this guide.

good luck.

Thanks a lot I will try tonight

by the way

I use EP35-DS3P and P35.iso for boot-132 everything ok except shutdown

but If I use elastic iso shutdown ok but can't install audio

Please help

Thanks a lot I will try tonight

by the way

I use EP35-DS3P and P35.iso for boot-132 everything ok except shutdown

but If I use elastic iso shutdown ok but can't install audio

Please help

i'd recommend u use elastic's boot-132 & just add the specific audio kext coming from the ep35-ds3p & p35 iso(s). or vice versa, just get the shutdown fix (kext) from elastic's boot-132.

good luck.

I've tried everything mentioned here but I still had problems with the retail install.

So I've switched back to Kalyway.

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2, Mysticus 10.5.3 combo, Mysticus 10.5.4 delta and after that, delta update to 10.5.5 using this method.

All is done on a GUID partitioned harddisk using the latest Chameleon boot (Chameleon 1.0.11).

Pity it didn't work out with the retail install but I'm happy with my Kalyway install now! :D

I would like to thank all for helping me out, trying to get my retail install to work!

Especially Chevy and MACinized.

Cheers

Yes, I never had much luck using the build in utilities. I always use third party partitioning tools, like gpart for instance.

OK. Now I have a boot CD working and the Retail Leopard DVD. Into my HD I have Vista x64 and iATKOS (MBR disk). I would like to know what is the best approach to replace my iATKOS installation for the Retail one and keep my Vista untouched!

Another issue is that I can boot from Reatil Leopard DVD but the trackpad doesn't work! If I attach an USB mouse it works fine...

Here is the list of the kexts I'm using in INITRD.IMG:

screencapturesl8.png

TIA,

i'd recommend u use elastic's boot-132 & just add the specific audio kext coming from the ep35-ds3p & p35 iso(s). or vice versa, just get the shutdown fix (kext) from elastic's boot-132.

good luck.

I'm no luck

for now I know the problem

elastic iso has audio kext but it can't use and I can't load any kext if that kext is on boot cd try touse EFI string but no luck

ep35-ds3p & p35 has no audio problem is the same but i have no audio kext I can' use EFI string or load audio kext but it can not shut down

after I try many time

I can't make ANY my custom boot CD it doesn't boot I don't no why

Same as USB boot I use you usb Image and it the same

can you make ep35-ds3p that mix file from both iso, I think it will be great ep35-ds3p iso :)

or if I can successfully to make use usb I will make it my self

Thanks a lot

soory for my pour English

I have installed Leopard 10.5.2 (and upgraded to 10.5.5) using Boot-132. It's really quite amazing. When you then install Chamelion on the drive you get the Extra folder at the root. Everything works on my system but I couldn't get the audio to work by placing the 2 usual kexts into Extra. I had to put them into Extensions which means I have a non-Apple kext in Extensions (ALCinject.kext) and an older version of AppleHD.kext -version 1.2.4a21. I moved the original AppleHD.kext (ver 1.5.7a24) to a backup folder. Why wouldn't these work in Extra? Do the kexts in Extra get loaded first so that any duplicate named ones in Extensions are ignored? I have also had to put an older AppleACPIPlatform.kext into Extensions in the System/Library/Extensions. With these 2 modifications I have sound, perfect sleep/restart/shutdown, but it would be nice to have those kexts in /Extra/Extensions

If you put a kext into Extra/Extensions must you remove it from /System/Library/Extensions?

Great approach, quite magical.

ls

But, will this happen to every Leopard DVD, or this is just because this one if made for a MACBOOK?

I mean, If I manage to find another Leopard DVD Retail, will this work without any further changes?

Thank you

It shouldn't happen on a retail Leopard DVD, you can use it without any changes, unless you want to install on a MBR partition.

Hi All,

I am relatively new to this forum but have some questions concerning this installation method and would appreciate some quick answers.

I have kalyway 10.5.2 installed and it works. I downloaded some drivers (or whatever I should call them) for my onboard soundcard and it enabled some stuff, I use the spdif out now.

After reading some topics I got the Idear that installing from retail might work but updating to 10.5.5 is a bit of a mistery (I tried that from kalyway but it hanged at the grey apple screen and showed a little square picture with a circle and a cros in there). In -v mode it hanged on waiting for primary system drive or something? Don't remember atm.

Here some questions (assumptions) for wich I like confirmation:

1) Using this method means using a boot CD every time I reboot and want to load OSX. Loading Windows does not need the CD.

2) A geforce eVGA 8800GT 512MB card will not allow me to install 10.5.2 from retail and upgrade from apple (without doing something with kexts) because the 10.5.2 version does not fully support my videcard

3) I currently have the sleeper kernel in Kalyway. Should I try changing this to vanilla to make the update work?

Below my system specifications:

Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7203S (48x 48x/16x, SATA-150, dual-layer, OEM, Zilver) (Works)

Floppy Drive - NEC 3,5" Diskette Drive 1,44MB (Zilver) (not tested)

Hard Disk - Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 HDS721010KLA330, 1TB SATA-300, 32MB, 7200rpm (Works, 3 primary partitions, 1 XP home. 1 Kalyway, 1 NTFS backup/downloads)

Motherboard - Asus P5E3 Deluxe, Intel X38 (775, PCI, PCI-e 1x, PCI-e2.0 16x, PCI-e 16x, ATX, Firewire 400, USB 2.0, LAN 1Gbps, Audio, PS/2, PATA-133, SATA-300) (Onboard has line in, mic and spdif working, usb works and WD elements 1 TB external ntfs HD works)

Processor - Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 (775, Quad, 3GHz, 12MB, 4x333MHz FSB, Boxed (Works, I think I saw 4 cores detected somewhere but not tested it)

Soundcard (besides onboard) - Terratec DMX 6Fire 24/96 (Doesn't work)

Mouse - Logitech G7 Laser Mouse (USB) (Basic functionality works, left right and scroll, more functions not tested)

Keyboard - Logitech Internet Navigator (PS/2) (Basics work but not everything tested)

Videocard - EVGA e-Geforce 8800GT 512MB, GeForce 8800 GT 512MB DDR3 (, Actieve koeling, PCI-e 16x, 2x DVI-I DL, S-Video) (Basics work, able to change resolution and refresh rate, not tested everything yet)

I installed Cubase and logic and they both function OK, though the onboard soundcard is not very suitable and does not have midi ports.

I need your help guys :)

I can't go pass the screen that asks me to select my drives. I choose 80 or 81, then I press ENTER.

The prompt takes me to the "boot:" again, I press ENTER and takes me back to the previous drive selection menu.

I insert the Retail Leopard 10.5.4 into the drive and it never even spins to load !!

I restart the computer hoping that it'd boot from the DVD but no go..

What am I doing wrong ?

Do the HDDs have to be formatted in HFS+ ? Mine are NTFS !! Does that matter ? I have no other way of loading an operating system to format them as HFS+ !

Is there something that I'm not doing right ?

The booloader loads fine (the modified one), while the original one never loads !

I need your help guys

I can't go pass the screen that asks me to select my drives. I choose 80 or 81, then I press ENTER.

The prompt takes me to the "boot:" again, I press ENTER and takes me back to the previous drive selection menu.

I insert the Retail Leopard 10.5.4 into the drive and it never even spins to load !!

I restart the computer hoping that it'd boot from the DVD but no go..

What am I doing wrong ?

Do the HDDs have to be formatted in HFS+ ? Mine are NTFS !! Does that matter ? I have no other way of loading an operating system to format them as HFS+ !

Is there something that I'm not doing right ?

The booloader loads fine (the modified one), while the original one never loads !

Thanks

OK, so what you need to do is....... and I'm assuming you have put in the boot cd and let it boot to the darwin boot prompt, correct? If so you now remove boot cd and put in retail leo dvd and wait for your dvd drives LED to go out. Once LED is out you hit the enter key and then hit it again a second time. If you want to make sure there are no errors while booting hit the F8 key right after you hit the enter key the second time. You then type -v at the prompt. This will boot the dvd in verbose mode. If for some reason the boot up gets stuck you will at least know where it's stuck and can ask for help as to what to do next. Hopefully it went well and you now see the language screen. You pretty much there. Follow the on screen prompts and eventually you will get to the screen where it asks which drive you want to install OSX on. Now since you say the drive you want ti install on is NTFS, OSX might not see it, so you now have to go up to the menu bar and click on utilities and then disk utility. You should now see your drive and what you want to do is partition, if you want more than one, or just erase it. So click on your drive on the left and then choose the partition tab on the top right side. You then choose Volume Scheme and then choose how many partitions you want, 1,2, or 3. Then click the options button near the bottom and choose GUID. Now name the partition and make sure your are formatting to Mac OS Extended(Journaled). Now hit the apply button near the bottom and let it format. Once done you can exit out of disk utility and now you should see your drive. Choose it for the install and then hit install. A checking disc box will pop up, you can skip it. Once the install is done you will need that same boot132 cd to boot up your new install, and once in OSX you can get, if you don't have it already, Chameleon for hard drive. Once installed you will no longer need to boot cd to boot your new install. I hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

Chevy

Hey Chevy,

Thanks for your help mate. I have a MacBook Pro so I know the installation process, your explanation is very much appreciated :(

My only problem is the booting process. What I did was:

1) Downloaded the generic.iso ( the modified iso) from the BOOT-132 thread.

2) Burnt the *.iso file into a CD

3) Booted from the CD where the BIOS goes through the files inside the CD ( I can't recall their names, but the last one has *.img extension), 4 lines of dots appear, then the screen switches to the darwin prompt where it has "boot:", I chose 80 because that's the only drive in the computer, I put Leopard's retail DVD in the optical drive and nothing happens :)

I'd be grateful if someone suggests any solution for this problem! I've downloaded BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso and it didn't even boot !!

I'm burning the CD using Toast, is that okay ?

Hey Chevy,

Thanks for your help mate. I have a MacBook Pro so I know the installation process, your explanation is very much appreciated :(

My only problem is the booting process. What I did was:

1) Downloaded the generic.iso ( the modified iso) from the BOOT-132 thread.

2) Burnt the *.iso file into a CD

3) Booted from the CD where the BIOS goes through the files inside the CD ( I can't recall their names, but the last one has *.img extension), 4 lines of dots appear, then the screen switches to the darwin prompt where it has "boot:", I chose 80 because that's the only drive in the computer, I put Leopard's retail DVD in the optical drive and nothing happens :)

I'd be grateful if someone suggests any solution for this problem! I've downloaded BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso and it didn't even boot !!

I'm burning the CD using Toast, is that okay ?

at darwin prompt [boot: ], just press enter. remove boot-132 disc then put in the retail leopard dvd installer. wait 'til the led light stops blinking then just press enter & u should be good to go w/ the installation.

Okay guys,

Here's what I'm doing:

1) After placing the CD in the optical drive and leaving it for few minutes, I get this :

20080925-8myfymu5m6q7dc19ha4eyry9um.jpg

2) Then after, I get to the Darwin prompt

20080925-mbdnc71ihs4cy6k1hrxcid5tfs.jpg

3) I press ENTER, when the screen switches to the this prompt

20080925-tfjd2md6qyrxie9p59g74ipu7t.jpg

4) I put the retail Leopard DVD in, wait for it to stop blinking (only a couple of seconds), then I put 80 since this is the No. 1 HDD I in the computer (81 would take me to the Vista HDD), and this is what I get after choosing 80 and then pressing ENTER.

You could see that choosing 80 would give me (0,2)Macintosh which is my HFS+ HDD that has the JaS Mac OS X in it.

20080925-nxj8wjnbht7eh3cesjaj2m2ecm.jpg

5) Pressing ENTER again would take me into the following screen (Mac's BSOD)

20080925-1ytu6wm8an2a8njgd8emx7kccb.jpg

And when I type -v, that's what I get

20080925-x5yx9ede2jh78th8iympbtfihc.jpg

I hope that you, Pros, can help me out overcome this initial problem as I'm the only one who seems to have such a problem.

NOTE: I noticed that when the screen changes from initd.img ....... to the Darwin promt, a quick writing appears on the monitor that says "Can not find apple.boot.com, etc ) ..

Ok, you don't need to type 80 at the boot prompt. You didn't read may previous post carefully enough. You want to boot the leo dvd and not the hard drive. It's just what MACinized said, just hit enter after the cd boots and then enter again after the you put the Leo dvd in and the led stops blinking. In your pics, the one with the prompt, do you see the "fe"? That's your dvd drive. No need to change it to 80 or anything else. The pic right under it is not saying it will boot the Leo dvd, it's saying I will boot the hard drive with Leo already installed. If you do what MACinized and I said before " hit enter twice" you will now see it say MAC OS INSTALL DVD or disc. Also are you using a retail dvd or the one from the Macbook you have?

NOTE: I noticed that when the screen changes from initd.img ....... to the Darwin promt, a quick writing appears on the monitor that says "Can not find apple.boot.com, etc ) ..

Don't worry about that message. It looking for the apple.boot list on that hard drive you are trying to boot and it can't find it, because there isn't one. Slow down, take a breathe and start again.

Chevy

hello,

how can i find out which version i am using of the kext? and how can i change the version number or find out which is the newest one!

i found nothig in the search about this, perhaps someone can give me a link to this!

or where can i find he latest kexts for the /extra/extensions folder.

my problem is that not every kext get started

thanks

relaxer

Ok, you don't need to type 80 at the boot prompt. You didn't read may previous post carefully enough. You want to boot the leo dvd and not the hard drive. It's just what MACinized said, just hit enter after the cd boots and then enter again after the you put the Leo dvd in and the led stops blinking. In your pics, the one with the prompt, do you see the "fe"? That's your dvd drive. No need to change it to 80 or anything else. The pic right under it is not saying it will boot the Leo dvd, it's saying I will boot the hard drive with Leo already installed. If you do what MACinized and I said before " hit enter twice" you will now see it say MAC OS INSTALL DVD or disc. Also are you using a retail dvd or the one from the Macbook you have?

Don't worry about that message. It looking for the apple.boot list on that hard drive you are trying to boot and it can't find it, because there isn't one. Slow down, take a breathe and start again.

Chevy

Thanks Chevy,

It seems that the problem was with my Leopard DVD. I wasted 4 DL DVDs until I got a good working copy.

There are, however, few other issues now.

1) After completing the installation, then restarting, then booting from the Boot CD, I chose 80 to boot from my Macintosh HD and it did. The problem is that, if I restart again, the computer will not boot at all unless I put the Boot CD again!! What am I doing wrong ? Is there anything I have to install from the Boot CD after completing Leopard installation ?

I found out that I need to install Chameleon to get my computer rebooting fine. I downloaded the Chameleon package, then I added some of the KEXT files into what the package asked me to do, then I ran the Installer, rebooted, and I got the Kernel Panic :wacko: . I read somewhere that because I didn't delete the AppleIntelCPU xxx .kext. I booted from the DVD and deleted it from the Terminal and the system freezes and never boots ..

Have I installed the drivers the right way ?

2) Computer Profile keeps crashing when I want to launch it (this never used to happen with Kalyway)

3) The computer doesn't restart anymore (it used to with Kalyway)

4) My Graphic card is 9800GT which can be installed fine using a package called nvInstaller.pkg. Now, how do I go about finding the appropriate driver (or the kext file) from within this package for my video card ? If I find it, where do I place them in the Boot CD ? and How do I install them in the computer ?

I've been very pushy but answering these questions will get me to prepare to write a very decent and easy-to-follow tutorial using Boot-132.