Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

You can't use a dvd from a Macbook, Macbook-Pro or Macbook Air. You MUST use a retail Leo dvd. Buy one or download one from the usual places.

Chevy

so i am also trying to install leopard on my dell and using the disc 1 of the two discs that came with my macbook air..... and getting the same

EBIOS read error: Error 0×32. Block 1627264 Sectors 64

i read somewhere that these errors are from a possible scratched bad burn... but as they are original and not at all scratched... your point kinda makes sense...

so if i just get one retail one from somewhere then i'll b fine right...??

just out of curiosity... can you please tell me what exactly is the difference between the retail discs and the ones that came with the macbook air...???

ne information will be much appreciated....

• 2 weeks later...

hy guys i have an 945GCT-M2 (v1.0) ,

Processor: Celeron D

Ram :2 GB

Hdd:250 sata

i've tried to install retail leopard on my pc but i'm stuck at boot ...i burnt a cd with boot123 it boot up but when i insert the retail dvd i wait to stop the led blinkin and press enter and shows me the white screen with the grey logo and frezze ..i wait for about 2 hours but nothing ...can sombody help me ? a guy told me to modify the bios .

hi guys

Where can i find latest version for boot 132 that include AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext new one (include ICH9M support)

- ICH9M 0x29298086

- ICH9M 0x292c8086.

P.S: this one for Hp DV5 laptop.

thanks

BR

who can create for me bootable cd/flash for:

m.board: a-bit fatal1ty fp in9 sli (north bridge nforce 650i sli chipset / south bridge nForce 430i (MCP51) )

proc: core 2 duo e6750 , 2.66ghz

video: nvidia 8800 GTS / 640mb / 320bit / sparkle

ram: 4x1gb / 800mhz / kingston

hdd #1: wd / 500gb / sata / aaks series

hdd #2: wd / 500gb / sata / aaks series

hdd #3: wd / 40gb / ide

dvd-rom: teac / ide

i dont have preinstalled mac, or hackmac , i cant do it , i want to try install retail version , but without bootloader with those preload kext cant do it.

thanks anyone , anyway

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to install Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Retail DVD from my 24" iMac) using BOOT-132 on a AOpen miniPC MP945-VXR (http://usa.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?Auno=2165) which is similar to the following device: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=176323

I downloaded a initrd.img that someone putted online, merged it with the BOOT-132 ISO and I'm able to boot to the Mac OS X (10.5.6) installer with it. But... the installer let me know: "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer".

I also tried using -v -f boot options, which doesn't seem to change anything except for the fact that booting takes a lot more time...

Any suggestions?

I added the export of the System Profiler so you can see my hardware and extensions.

Greetings,

l:x

Hardware_Overview.rtf

Hardware_Overview.txt

I'm trying to install Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Retail DVD from my 24" iMac) using BOOT-132 on a AOpen miniPC MP945-VXR (http://usa.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?Auno=2165) which is similar to the following device: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=176323

The DVD that came with your iMac is not a "retail" DVD. You can't even install OS X on a macbook with that DVD; it'll give you the same message you're getting now. Retail means the disc you get all by itself for $130 from Apple. Sorry. :D

I'm having trouble here... after i put my Retail DVD in the drive at the darwin screen and press enter, the computer just tells me to press any key to boot from the DVD drive, and then just starts up in Windows XP, even if i don't press anything. I'm using the boot 132 generic ISO, do I maybe need to modify it in some way to get it to work?

I believe you ´re skipping one step here you should type ef to get to/tell the computer to boot from the retail dvd. Then when it has skipped over to the Leo dvd just follow the instructions.

If you have Win XP on a separate drive unplug it just to be sure.

I believe you ´re skipping one step here you should type ef to get to/tell the computer to boot from the retail dvd. Then when it has skipped over to the Leo dvd just follow the instructions.

If you have Win XP on a separate drive unplug it just to be sure.

Thanks, when exactly am i supposed to type ef? also i can't very well unplug the drive with XP on it since that's the drive i intend to install leopard on as well (on a seperate partition of course).

When the 132 bootloader has finnished loading it says something about first hardrive is 80 next is 81 but before that on that same line it says (ef) that´s when you swap the discs and drop in the retail Leo in your dvd. Then type ef and if you have compatible enough hardware and your bios settings are ok and you haven´t mixed Sata and IDE drives in your computer ((not even the dvd drive) just to avoid any problems cause anything could go wrong here) it will take you to the retail Leo dvd.

If you can´t get it to work but you still have compatible hardware (check out the wiki) if I where you I´d skip over and go for LTLs method.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86167

You might not have the same hardware so the kexts you need to be able to make it happend using his method I´m afraid you´ll have to search for yourself.

Dualboot on the same harddrive is another story so if you wanna do that check out that speciffic part of the forum. If I where you I´d skip the dualboot, but if there´s no way to add another harddrive (maby you have a laptop) on the computer I was going to intsall osx on I´d use an external usb harddrive instead.

I have retail osx running on two computers

first:

GA Ep45-DS3

Q6600 cpu

two noname 7300gs pcie 512 mb videocards (four displays)

Sata2 drives and Sata dvd

second:

GA P35-DS3R

the rest is the same as on the above computer

I have Kalys 10.5.1 running on four computers, two old Asus P4P800se mobos with P4 3Ghz cpus and on the new Intel D945GCLF and the D945GCLF2 mobos with onboard atom cpus and video. These two later Intelmobos are really cool, cheap stuff and run really good.

I don't have dsmos.kext, so i get a spinning beach ball of death each time i try to install. Where can I download it?

Never mind. I have os x now. :(;):D everything works except for the mic. using an msi wind and have workarounds for some problems

• 2 weeks later...

guys plz help me out i m in dire need

i m trying to install the mac from the retail disc using the method stated i boot using the generic.iso file in the MAC OSX Patch, when i insert the retail disc when it is stated to insert and click enter the boot screen of mac setup appears, and the circle keeps on rotating and rotating and the setup hangs there.

can someone plz tell me what to do ??

the system config i have i s:-

Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3.40 GHz + Thermalright Ultra 120A + Silverstone 120MM @ 110CFM | Corsair 2GB*2 RAM 800 MHz | Palit 8600GT 512MB GFX | GigaByte G31 ES2L | Creative T6060 5.1 Speakers | iBall Piano 27 Cabinet | iBall SMPS 450W | Western Digital WD6400AACS 640GB |

------------------

i would appreciate the help

Need help, just a noob so need help.

When I load the OSX x86 go through the steps from the other site,

works fine untill I need to put in the code for the Darwin bootloader; -v -f

I cant get to the loader.

how do I get in to that?

When it restarts it has two options, one start from disk, or the hard drive.

Nothing that has the terminal commands. like the screens suggest.

Please help me load in to the bootloader! Thanx.

http://tgrounds.blogspot.com/2009/04/leopa...on-your-pc.html

Scroll down past the actual setup and where you put it the code. 3/4 the way down.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys this is more of a question than a problem. I want to buy asus g51vx (the specs r mentioned below), and it's a bit costly. so before buying i want to be sure that this laptop will run the iso nicely (if not perfectly). so, any help or advice is highly appreciated.

the specs are :(direct from asus site)

Processor - Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9000 : 2.0 GHz

OR

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9600/T9550/T9400/ P8800/ P8700/ P8600/ P8400/ P7450/ P7350/ T6600 : 2.8 GHz - 2.2 GHz,

Chipset - Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset +ICH9M

RAm - DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM might be 4GB

video card - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M with 1GB GDDR3 VRAM (i'm a little worried about this part).

HDD - 2.5" 9.5mm SATA

LAN - Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100 ABGN

if you have time you can even check out the site -

ASUS G51VX

Cheers.

it wont work for me :thumbsup_anim:

i have a leopard dvd from a mac computer

i downloaded the: "Download .ISO Original with project kexts (all your need is here - noobs try this first):" http://www.mediafire.com/?uwd9dtttjfk

but when i boot the boot-132 and chose the -v mode, after some few txt lines it stops

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4646/img0037ju.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Pc Specs

motherboard: asrock p43d1600twins-1394

CPU: Intel Core 2 Dou E8400

Ram: 3100 mb

HDD: 50 gb free space (partition) (sata2)

Also needing help here.

I followed the f41qu3 tutorial to make boot-132 and made a disk with .ISO original with project kexts, but I changed the boot file for the patched one and added the dsmos.kext and NVkush.kext.

Now when I try to boot, after loading Darwin/x86 with a vanilla mac OSX DVD, I receive the msg:

Attempting to determine CPU Multiplier. If system reboots, RDMSR 198h causes a fault.

Determined CPU:FSB multiplier to be 0

CPU says its multiplier is 0 wich makes no sense. The kernel as shipped by apple will not support this and will cause the machine to reboot immediately.

Press 'y' to continue or use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to reboot

As expected by the msg, when I press 'y' the system reset. Anyone knows any kext recommended for me or anything else that could help me?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Del Optiplex GX620. I tried the generic and patched bootloader iso's but I am getting stuck after I swap to the retail DVD. It comes up with the Gray Apple logo, but freezes. What the hell?

Kalyway can install fine , but this just isnt working. I believe the chipset for my PC is an Intel 945 board which is what the intel Macs use, so i should be Vanilla. But it is a Dell of course.

Can you guys help me out please?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

First off all I'm used iPC OS x86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 Final and it was everything ok. But now I want to use Retail version. So my pc spec are:

Intel E8400 @ 3GHz (default)

Asus Maximus Formula X38 1302 BIOS.

Nvidia GF 8800 GT 512MB TOP

Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7,2k RPM 32MB SATA

Pioneer DVD-ROM IDE ! (JMicron ATA)

BIOS settings: (I'm already try with these and default) on 10.5.6 and 10.6:

HDD S.M.A.R.T Compability [Enabled]

SATA RAID/AHCI Mode [AHCI]

C1E Support [Disabled]

Max CPUID Value Limit [Disabled]

CPU TM Function [Disabled]

Execute Disable Bit [Disabled]

Intel SpeedStep â„¢ Tech. [Disabled]

With iPC edition with these drivers everything was be ok:

Intel ICHx SATA drivers

NVdarwin 512MB (with NVinject 0.2.1 512MB VRAM it was black window, I think don't work for me)

AD1988B - audio

Marvel Yukon 88E8056.

So here is my problems:

1. I burn BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.ISO on CD

2. Loaded on startup

3. When get menu, eject CD

4. Insert Retail MAC OS X 10.5.6 DL DVD

So then I can't select DVD, look screen:

csc1683.th.jpg

If I tipe 80 I get this selections, If I tipe 81 I get to standart boot menu. If I hit enter, I move to 80,81 selections. So where is the problem ?

Another one problem:

I take some instructions from this topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=186856.

1. I burn SL Boot CD - Chameleon RC3.ISO on CD

2. Loaded on startup

3. When get menu, eject CD

4. Insert Retail MAC OS X 10.6 DL DVD

5. And I get: Still waiting for root device, look screen:

csc1681.th.jpg

So, someone can help me ? :thumbsdown_anim:

Sorry for my English.

I'm a total noob at this and have been banging my head against the desk for 2 days now. I tried Kalaway(sp?), Deneb ISOs without any luck so I went ahead and purchased a MAC OSX Leopard 10.5 DVD (full version, 130$).

I've now burned the generic.iso (aka boot-132) image to a CD. Here are the steps I follow.

Insert the boot-132 CD and restart the computer.

At boot, hit enter (but for good measure, I also tried -v -f)

When it asks me for the 2 digit hex, I swap the CD with the MAC OS X Original DVD and hit enter (also tried -v -f for good measure again later).

I get a bunch of scrolling text where it's successfully loading the kexts but then boom, system restarts. I've tried this repeatedly and I get the same problem every time. Here are my system specs.

Windows Vista 64 bit (not that it matters, but still).

Dell Studio XPS 435MT

6.00 GB RAM

Intel Core i7 CPU 920 (2.67 GHZ)

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Samsung HD642JJ hard drive (640 GB)

Intel® X58 Chipset (I believe).

Anything else I'm missing? My guess would be a missing or incompatible graphics driver... but as I said, I'm a total noob to this. Help will be truly appreciated. I'm at my wit's end after shelling out roughly 1,000$ and still not being able to run the config I want (Vista / Mac dual boot).

I've got a problem using the 132 boot. When I change the bootCD and put in the SL retail 64bit DVD he want a devicenumber like 80 but I press enter and all I get is a blackscreen :thumbsup_anim: . Actually he doesn't read the disk, is there some trouble with the boot.iso?

my system:

c2d 6420

nvidia geForce 8800Gt

GA-P35-DS4

Intel SSD G2 - Win 7 64bit

some HDD's (all on AHCI)

S-ATA DVD drive

6Gb of RAM 2x1GB + 2x2GB

please give me a tip, I will able to boot the dvd ^^

I also tried a modified version for gigabyte boards... the same problem. Are there other changes to make like BIOSsettings?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having an issue with a Jas 10.4.8 DVD which loads the installation fine; however, when it comes to selecting the drive for installation it displays no drive at all. Keep in mind this is all being done in Vmware Workstation 5, so im not sure if anyone has experience with virtualization. The base operating system that Vmware functions on is Windows & Ultimate Edition OEM 64 Bit. Enlighten me with your thoughts please and I am still going to figure out a way to mess around with the vmware partition in the mean time.

Thank you

Sphynx

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Not the DVD - the boot-132 cd. You need to insert it into the intird.dmg which holds all the patched kexts your system needs to run the DVD.

My boot-132 cd original worked fine, I press enter and swap the boot-132 cd for my retail Leo (version 10.5.6). Then the gray screen with the apple turns up and then the screen would either turn blue or goes to the Leo wallpaper and stays loading.....I've tried 5 times and the same thing.

computer specs is

Centrino Core2dou support SSSE2, SSSE3

Intel chipset

HP laptop.