Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

(I apologize for not reading the whole thread, but I get the feeling a fair amount has changed over time, especially as it relates to the bootloader.)

Currently I have an iDeneb system running with a vanilla kernel and a vanilla Boot.plist, and using Chameleon 1.0.12 and a patched DSDT. I'd like to move to a cleaner, more easily supported Boot-132 system. I've identified the various kernel extensions I need (both from experience and from essentially running a diff between my hackintosh and a real Mac) and created a working Boot-132 ISO for my hardware (damn, but that "hit ESC twice" thing tripped me up as well). The kexts are as follows:

• AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • AppleIntelGMA950.kext
  • AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
  • AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext
  • AppleSMBIOS.kext
  • ClamshellDisplay.kext
  • dsmos.kext
  • IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext
  • lspcidrv.kext
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext
  • RealtekR1000.kext
  • SMBIOSEnabler.kext

Although I have yet to actually install Leopard (that comes tomorrow when my new SSD arrives), I assume that much will work fine.

My big question is this - given the support present in Chameleon 1.0.12 and my very vanilla system, can I simply do the following?

1. Boot from Boot-132 CD; install Leopard from retail DVD
  2. Copy my Extensions.mkext from the ISO to /Extra/Extensions
  3. Create my DSDT patch
  4. Install Chameleon 1.0.12
  5. Install Mac OS X 10.5.6 Combo

Is that it? Really?

I also assume that I can migrate to the EFI partition when support is built into Chameleon for using files located there.

I'm having a simple but ridiculous problem - I can't eject the Boot 132 CD!!

Everything seems to be working fine, then I get to the darwin prompt. The CD spins down as the prompt sits there idle, but it won't let me eject the CD. No combination of button pushing, prying, or cursing has yielded any success. I've even checked the BIOS. What could it be?

Same problem here. I know I'm doing something dumb - please help!

Retail DVD launching problem here... the boot 132 will launch but when swapping to retail DVD nothing happens, 80 is my harddisc but the default ( fe ) will not work... Why o Why.. Actually I went through all 256 hexadecimals...

Running Skulltrail and had successful install with XxX 10.5.5 but I wanna reinstall using boot 132 and running 10.5.4 instead...

Hi there! Excelent work everyone!

I have a problem with boot-132.

Ik have the leopard install dvd(copy of a original(10.5.4) and burnt the generic.iso to a dvd.(didn't had a cd:)

I get the following message, and cannot find anything about this problem.

Leopard kalwai is working fine!

I made 3 screenfotos of it!

img0221bg7.th.jpg

img0222vz9.th.jpg

img0223as3.th.jpg

I have an sony vaio fz31m.

Core 2 duo/2gb/8400m

Tyall!

I have a badaxe2 motherboard and when I try to use the boot-132 bootloader I get an isolinux checksum error and am asked to press any key to retry. Has anyone else experienced this problem and have any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

I had the same problem and gave up on the badaxe2 and moved to a D945GCNL, it also would not boot some of the 132 iso's. But I found that the "BOOT KABYL-BUMPY" and one for the D945GCNL worked ok.

I was puting CD's in the trash then decided to attempt on some other PC's and they booted just fine. I placed several messages around the forum and did not get any answers. By the way my badaxe2 works just fine with the Kalyway 10.5.2.

Hi problem :

after instal retail 10.5.4 and update to 10.5.6, try install Lan RTL8139 .

after install kext for RTL 8139 , device present in network pref. , but have status "not plug cabel "

lan card work only in -f mode.

what im doing ?

Asus P5B-E

Ati x1950 Pro

C2D

P.S. try install lan on a bord Atlantic and too staus "not plug cabel"

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to use the boot-132 for my Intel X58so motherboard running an i7. The bootloader disk seems to work but when I go to put the leopard retail in I don't see it any where. I get the screen to select a device and they give me the examples 80 for first hd and 81 for second.

I tried typing 9f, fe, 90, 91 and a bunch of other numbers to try to get it going but nothing. Do I need a different bootloader or am I just not typing the right number in for the boot device.

My dvd drive is SATA if that means anything and I have tried disabling and enabling AHCI

Hi,

I am looking for advice on how to get a boot-132 cd working. I have tried a few time to get this going and I always seem to get ebios error.

my dvd drive is ef at least I think it is and I have burnt the cd on a very slow setting but I am no getting anywhere extremely fast.

I have been at it for a few days.

My board is P5K/EPU and I am not sure if it is issue. I also have an nvida card attached to the system that works with nvkush.

Any advice on what may be wrong and how to fix it would be great.

I am using linux right now and can get access to a mac if I need one and ask my friend very nicely.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Edit: forgot to mention that my dvd is using the ide interface

I'm a noobie to the OSX86 installation l and am having a heck of a time trying to get past the Darwin boot loader and boot from my retail leopard dvd. I've got about 10 hours of reading, etc into this and I'm still having a problem.

Here's my config:

Asus P5N-E SLI with intel E2160 overclocked to 3.0Ghz with the latest BIOS update

4GB RAM

LG 20x DVD r/rw SATA

120 GB internal IDE drive

Geforce 8600gt with 1GB RAM, 128 bit PCI-E

I've been trying to use the iso's referenced in this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ic=113288...but have had no luck.

I'm getting the following error prior to the Darwin prompt:

System config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I'm getting to the same place as hecker in post #728 but then I press ESC and it shows me 9f as the default. I swap in the retail leopard dvd and nothing happens. It keeps taking back to the screen where it says "Press enter to start up Darwin..."

Any assistance is appreciated.

Hi,

do i need a retail, or does it also works with a kalyway 10.5.2?

My specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0GHz)

Mainboard GF7050VT-M

Northbridge Nvidia Geforce 7050

Southbridge nForce 610i

2GB Kingston DDR2 RAM

I tried it with the Kalyway edition, but after the installation, i only get a gray screen with the apple logo. dats it

thanks

I'm having problems getting started, I'm using the original iso image suggested for the first try.

The system hangs up at the info line:

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers.

The system is new and is:

Asus P5Q SE/R which has the ICH10R chipset and Atheros L1E LAN

E8400 core 2 duo

4GB 1066 memory

EVGA 512-p3-n871 video

plextor 708A IDE DVD

WD 1TB SATA HD bare no OS

Thanks,

Bill

So I managed to get an retail install working by first installing from Leo4allv3 (10.5.2) then installing from the retail install disc, update to 10.5.6, then using Universal OSX86 installer's OSX86 essentials, and the AppleIntelIntergratedFramebuffer.kext from iPC (10.5.6) I am now trying to find a way to get the retail install working using the boot 132 method. I have tried all the .ISOs I have found (generic, original, and so on) with no success. I even tried adding the 4 .kexts that I need to get the initrd.img myself and using that too boot, but no luck. I keep on getting the following kernel panic.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x4B8CBDAE): "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::buildCPUsPSSArray - got _PSS data for cpu index, 1 but expected index\
n"@/SourceCache/IOPlatformPluginFamily/IOPlatformPluginFamily-316.0.0/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlui
Debugger called: <panic>
Bactrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
{{{bunch of hex values}}}
Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0
   Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
			com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin(3.1.6d0)@0x4b8c9000->0x4b8d4ffff
				   dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.4.1)@0x4455a000
				   dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleSMC(2.0.1d2)@0x4b8b2000
				   dependency: com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily(3.1.6d0)@0x4b8bb000
				   dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.2.0)@0x44570000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Mac OS version:
9E25

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 9.4.0: Mon Jun 9 19:30:53 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.5.20~/RELEASE_I386
System model name: R1F					   (R1F					)

Any suggestions? My hardware is in the sig

Anyone got a solution?

Hi there! Excelent work everyone!

I have a problem with boot-132.

Ik have the leopard install dvd(copy of a original(10.5.4) and burnt the generic.iso to a dvd.(didn't had a cd:)

I get the following message, and cannot find anything about this problem.

Leopard kalwai is working fine!

I made 3 screenfotos of it!

img0221bg7.th.jpg

img0222vz9.th.jpg

img0223as3.th.jpg

I have an sony vaio fz31m.

Core 2 duo/2gb/8400m

Tyall!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Excellent guide on using Boot 132 with retail DVD

I was wondering how to add kexts in the DVD so that it installs with the ISO.. because when i run the ISO on my HP laptop.. it does not detect inbuilt keyboard or mouse. I have to use the USB ones.. Please help

Also what is a DFE image??

please help in adding kexts and running them before installation starts and how to add them in customize options during installation (in the Mac OS X installation page for drivers like nvidia / sound etc )

has anyone tried doing this with the dell inpiron 9300?

i only get to where the white screen with the apple appears and then that circle it keeps spinning....wouldn't go past that.

i need help

i had that same issue.. cause it is not detecting you keyboard / mouse.. connect a USB one and it will go ahead..

see my post above i m trying to resolve that itself..

post-374007-1234293858_thumb.jpg

here's pic of my laptop, just standing and spinning on one place. almost seems like its not happy with it.

what can i do to resolve this? Will i need a different bootloader or is that not relevant?

post-374007-1234293858_thumb.jpg

here's pic of my laptop, just standing and spinning on one place. almost seems like its not happy with it.

what can i do to resolve this? Will i need a different bootloader or is that not relevant?

"Still waiting for root device"

What is it looking for? what does that mean?

You wont need all of those to boot the DVD. But that's what I'm currently experimenting with, to find the perfect set of kext's for the GA-965P-DS3.

The patched JMicronATA.kext and IOATAFamily.kext are important. You must also boot with -v -f, otherwise it won't load all the kext's.

Hi, I also have this motherboard version 1.0. What's the exact procedure for making it work using boot-132, the perfect one you've found so far? I've downloaded all the files from the New Modified Boot-132 thread. Should I modify the generic.iso or the BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso and how do I modify them? Any changes to the BIOS (mine is F13). I'm using Nvidia 7900 GS planning to upgrade to a 9800 GT 1GB or one of those 4800 series from ATI (still a long way for that). Thanks in advance.

*Is there anyway to make the bootloader read to a hardisk where the .dmg of the retail DVD was "cloned" or this strictly reads to a dual layer DVD? I have to burn the retail DVD's .dmg to a dual layer?

• 2 weeks later...

im trying to install on my gateway e4100 pc which is a p4 3.2ghz

i burned the boot disk booted to it followed the instructions then put in the retail osx disk and it attempts to boot but hangs at the grey apple logo on a white background and doesnt get any further.

any ideas?