GeForce 200 series support

EGOvoruhk

638 posts in this topic

Basically, from a stock install I downloaded the gtx 285 for mac drivers from evga/nvidia, then go to netkas.org and get ATY_Init.kext and install that with osx86tools (or kexthelper, either one I think)

all works great except for the shutdown/restart issue. It works until I put the computer to s3 sleep. Then, when I resume from sleep (which works great) if I need to restart it just sits at a black screen prompting me to use the reset button. Not a huge issue as it restarts normally, and the disks are unmounted and all.. just a bit of a bother because it "doesn't work"

Basically, from a stock install I downloaded the gtx 285 for mac drivers from evga/nvidia, then go to netkas.org and get ATY_Init.kext and install that with osx86tools (or kexthelper, either one I think)

all works great except for the shutdown/restart issue. It works until I put the computer to s3 sleep. Then, when I resume from sleep (which works great) if I need to restart it just sits at a black screen prompting me to use the reset button. Not a huge issue as it restarts normally, and the disks are unmounted and all.. just a bit of a bother because it "doesn't work"

i've disabled sleep in energy saver as i don't need it, never used in 15 years.

Shutdown works properly, i mean first it shutdown the monitor and disks, then after 30 seconds it shuts completely.

a bit slow, but who really cares about it ?

Hi guys.

I want to ask you about the GTX 285 driver.

My OS is Leopard 10.5.2 ( Kalyway ).

Please tell me which driver is compatible for my graphic card,and where can i download it from.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Thanks in advance.

hello.

i got my sparkle geforce gtx 260 workin with evag drivers and efi string.

(followed instructions at page 10 post 198 in this thread)

but sometimes after reboot, my dock is suddenly in the center of my desktop.

it looks like this:

Bild Hosted bei ImagesUp.de

then i go to system prefs and reposition it and everything is running fine again.

im running osx on EP45-DS3L, core2quad 9550, geforce gtx260. retail dvd install with chameleon. graphics mode in chameleons settings is set to 1680x1050x32, same as the used resolution in leopard.

any idea whats wrong with my system?

I tried installing again this time using what you guys are saying is working. Updated to 10.5.8 first. Got my GTX 275 working I think =) Core Image and Quartz Extreme show up as Supported =) EP45-UD3P motherboard following weaksauce's guide for most of it.

I've got GTX280 working with two dvi monitor, all acceleration enabled, working like a charm on intel D5400XS. Tried first with the modified GTX285 EVGA driver and I got a black screen when loading.

I made this steps:

1. Installed iPC 10.5.6 with no extra drivers. Just clean. (booted with -x -F)

2. Upgraded to 10.5.7 following instruccions from here. (booted with -x after reboot)

3. installed the GT200 package from the irc.osx86.hu (irc server, use an irc app!) #gt200 (enter this topic and you'll see the link), didn't restart.

4. installed the last injector from netkas (I love u man), be careful becouse there is more than one. Mine is 248K and the name is Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg

5. Repaired permissions and deleted ext cache (dont know if this is really necesary) with OSx86Tools

6. Booted with no flags and worked!

sorry for my english mistakes and thank you so much for the posts!

good luck!

Hey everyone, check out:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1164771

and

http://netkas.org/?p=105

Thanks to netkas for the heads up!

Original title: Is GeForce GTX 260/280 support possible?

Original post: I was looking at picking up a new card soon. Before the card came out, I read it was based on G92. I don't know if that was a rumor or not. Does anyone have one, or know what it's based on?

Where the hell do you download this?!?!?!

GTX260 Fully working finally - Full QE/CI Enabled

How did I do it? After 15 hours of reading tutorials and help, and I had it all along. I installed the nVidia drivers and the Enabler from Netkas. I tried adding the GFI string but could not get it to go. Until it finally dawned on me. For Chameleon boot loader, you need to change com.apple.boot.plist in the /Extras folder. If you use OSX86 tools, it won't update the right one. Make sure you change the one in the /Extras folder. Now my vanilla install on the i7 is fully functing. Everything looks perfect and I will put it to the test.... after I get some sleep.

i have problem.

installed an original vanilla kernel, chameleon rc2 on asus p6t-se and a gainward gtx 260

after installing the driver package and the added efi-string into my /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist with the description from Kasakka post 196 in this topic (efi-string via OSx86Tools) everything works like a charm. hardware acceleration etc. but my sounddriver didn't worked.

so i've restared into my kaly installation and deleted my audio-kexts and updated my kext_cache with the x_58_mobo_patch_installer. after reboot the system hangs at the moment the graphic-driver will be loaded

last message is: /usr/bin/ocspd[82]: starting

the first time the system tried to load the NVDANV50Hal.kext. so again i've went into kaly and deleted my nvdan...kext files and the NVDAResman.kext.

then os x startet again but without Core Image hardware-acceleration.

someone in this topic posted, that he need the NVDAResman.kext to get the hardware-acceleration back. so i've added it again. when i add the NVDAResman.kext again, the system wont boot up. message again: ocspd starting

only way to start into my original os x is to delete the efi-string in the com.apple.boot.plist or to delete the NVDAResman.kext

but last night both, kext and efi-string worked.

and now? can someone help me? please

____

update:

bootet into original os x only with my efi-string, reinstalled the gt200 pakage-driver (with the removed macporbliblablub) restart - everything ok now :(

GTX260 Fully working finally - Full QE/CI Enabled

How did I do it? After 15 hours of reading tutorials and help, and I had it all along. I installed the nVidia drivers and the Enabler from Netkas. I tried adding the GFI string but could not get it to go. Until it finally dawned on me. For Chameleon boot loader, you need to change com.apple.boot.plist in the /Extras folder. If you use OSX86 tools, it won't update the right one. Make sure you change the one in the /Extras folder. Now my vanilla install on the i7 is fully functing. Everything looks perfect and I will put it to the test.... after I get some sleep.

I think That I have tried just about everything to get my 260 to work. Nothing is doing, would you guys recommened i do a fresh reinstall? Perhaps I have to many things at work to get my card working? if not can some one give me a play by play on how they got theirs working (With enabler preferably) but any other way is fine too.

I think That I have tried just about everything to get my 260 to work. Nothing is doing, would you guys recommened i do a fresh reinstall? Perhaps I have to many things at work to get my card working? if not can some one give me a play by play on how they got theirs working (With enabler preferably) but any other way is fine too.

I would to know as well. It seems that the old way still works. But does sleep work? You still need strings for sleep i assume?

I will test when i get back in town in a week or so. But it maybe in vain since snow is coming so soon.

try this:

1. delete all your injects, driver etc.

just vesa-mode... (like a fresh system)

2. boot into safe mode

3. repair permissions

4. reboot into os x with vesa mode

5. install the gt200 driver package, there's a link to rapidshare to download the version without the mac check! a few pages back

6. you need to reboot again - you will get a dark or blue screen at startup

6.a.1 reboot into vesa mode of your installation and add your efi-string to the /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist (a detail how-to can be found on page 10 i think in this thread!)

6.a.2 reboot and cross fingers that everything works

6.b.1 reboot into your second installation and add your efit-string to the /Volumes/xxx/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist (xxx for your first installation)

6.b.2 reboot and cross fingers that everything works

I'm having trouble getting my GTX 275 to work in my 10.5.7 retail install. I've tried the enabler built into Chameleon RC2, netkas' enabler (ATY_Init.kext), NVEnabler.kext as well as the EFI string method. They all allow the OS to identify the card and detect the correct amount of VRAM but even after installing the EVGA drivers (2F16 with modified installer), I'm still locked down to 1024x768 with no CI/QE.

I have a seperate iAtkos 10.5.7 install using NVEnabler.kext and the same driver package that works perfectly. What am I doing wrong? I've tried different setups with fresh installs in between.

Thanks

Skyfluff - thanks for the GTS250 nvinject.kext! it worked for me. I tried to put it on my /EFI/Extras/Extensions folder but it didnt seem to load. do you know if it should work there? right now it's working for me in /S/L/E

thanks again.

3d-modus gtx260 does not work with efi-string?

did anyone has problems with the 3d modus of your gtx 260 graphic-card?

my graphics: gainward gtx 260 - added via efi-string and the driver package without the mac check.

everytime i start a game (and the gtx should speed up the memory and gpu-core frequence) my display turns black. the game starts (sound is there) but i see nothing.

normal 2d modus works fine

post-465461-1250083291_thumb.png

update

reinstalled the official drivers for quadro and not the EVGA one fixed the problem.

the url was posted before. but here again: http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...rs_pkg.pkg.html

i can't get my new Zotac 260 gtx Synergy to work with my Asrock-DualSata2 (939).

The old Geforce 8600 GT worked fine with newest driver and the nkush injector.

1. i tried to remove all video drivers and injector, then installed the newest nvidia driver and the injector from netkas -> when i boot without flags, something strange happen. After the apple logo the monitor turns off for 3-4 seconds then turns on and show me the background image of leopard and my mouse. i can move the mouse but every 5-10 seconds it change from mouse lag to no mouse lag!!?? i cant see the dock or other things, only background. 3 minutes later a bluescreen with my mouse appeared. When i start with safeboot i can login and see the dock, finder... but i've got a crazy mouselag there and no quartz extreme. I can change to all resolutions. the system-profiler shows everything right of the graphic card (only quartz extreme unsopported).

2. So i removed all injectors and video drivers again, installed latest nvidia drivers and used the efi string method from kasakka. with this i can boot with no flags and see all of leopard (dock, finder...) but the mouse lag and no quarz extreme support is there too.

Please help me, i've got no ideas to solve this.

Here is what system-profiler shows me:

picture1vcp.th.png picture2bht.th.png

my specifications:

Mainboard: Asrock DualSata2 (939 Socket)

Graphic: Zotac 260 GTX Synergy (65nm 192, 896 ram)

Ram: 2 GB DDR1 200 mhz

CPU: AMD 4200 X2 (2x2,8 Ghz)

ok i will try this. i hope you're right :)

///not working. monitor turns off after the grey apple boot. same with normal boot. when i install a efi-string before rebooting i can start up and theres quarz supported and no mouse lag for a few seconds. but suddenly the monitor gets a little bit darker and mouse lag and no quarz is there again :D is my efi string wrong? or maybe i have to wait for better drivers??

I followed these steps only doing the injector, and then manually installing the 3 packages I found using pacifist. My gtx 295 is now showing up in system profiler, gl ext viewer tests all pass, my display shows up correctly, BUT my mouse is jumpy and laggy, is this normal behavior? Any solutions available?

update: I did a fresh install due to other issues, but I noticed that I only get the laggy / jumpy mouse if I enable quartz gl from osx86tools. I'll just have to do without until someone smarter posts how to resolve this.

Hey guys!

I have a 250-card, and I'm trying to understand how to use the netkas-way, but when I download the geforce driver and use pacifist, i get driver.pkg-files, not kexts, and when I download and run the injector, it only loads a kext onto my system, is that correct? what do I do with the pkgs from the geforce driver after I have run the injector installer?