GeForce 200 series support

EGOvoruhk

638 posts in this topic

ok i will try this. i hope you're right :(

///not working. monitor turns off after the grey apple boot. same with normal boot. when i install a efi-string before rebooting i can start up and theres quarz supported and no mouse lag for a few seconds. but suddenly the monitor gets a little bit darker and mouse lag and no quarz is there again :( is my efi string wrong? or maybe i have to wait for better drivers??

ceddi I'm having the same issue as you... some things ive been trying a fresh install updating to 10.5.7 then installing the newest drivers from the manufacture, also the newest injector from Netkas. Noting that i only had one monitor attached the port closest to the mobo... Getting booted up off of the card, the apple logo would come up then turn blank and not come back. After wracking my brain, I switched ports to the one that is furtherst away from mobo and it comes up fine...? But when i put two monitors i get the same symptoms you described Blue screen mouse popping up every 5 seconds moving then disappearing.. But While these symptoms were happening unplugging one monitor will allow the dock and finder to come up.. :/ Im lost ive tried the efi strings also same issues... Another thing is that when im plugged into the port furthest away from the mobo and only one monitor plugged in everything comes up jusssst fine.... brain fart any ideas?

ceddi I'm having the same issue as you... some things ive been trying a fresh install updating to 10.5.7 then installing the newest drivers from the manufacture, also the newest injector from Netkas. Noting that i only had one monitor attached the port closest to the mobo... Getting booted up off of the card, the apple logo would come up then turn blank and not come back. After wracking my brain, I switched ports to the one that is furtherst away from mobo and it comes up fine...? But when i put two monitors i get the same symptoms you described Blue screen mouse popping up every 5 seconds moving then disappearing.. But While these symptoms were happening unplugging one monitor will allow the dock and finder to come up.. :/ Im lost ive tried the efi strings also same issues... Another thing is that when im plugged into the port furthest away from the mobo and only one monitor plugged in everything comes up jusssst fine.... brain fart any ideas?

you're right. i tried the same with two monitors and the same happened to me. when i use the port which is furtherst away it comes up fine when i boot up in vesa mode. i have got no mouse lag but there is no quartz extreme support. i dont know what to do. maybe we have to wait for better driver support or better injectors...

you're right. i tried the same with two monitors and the same happened to me. when i use the port which is furtherst away it comes up fine when i boot up in vesa mode. i have got no mouse lag but there is no quartz extreme support. i dont know what to do. maybe we have to wait for better driver support or better injectors...

yea man.. few more hours of tinkering... I got it to go full support and dual monitors... I was using the chameleon 2 efi and looked at those kexts in the /Volumes/EFI/Extensions folder deleted them since my kexts were in the /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions folder due to using 2.0 chameleon.. These kexts were recommended for my board, anywho i noticed the kext called NVKush from the /Extra/Extensions, got rid of her deleted the mkext in the /System/Library and then booted with -f to clear caches and POOF she was real sekci...

Hi lads,

I am tired of messing with my 4850 and I am planning to buy a GTS 250 instead for OSX86 tomorrow. But before I do I have to be sure that the card is fully supported. And by that I mean that I also need dual screen from:

1xDVI->DVI monitor (1680x1050) + 1xDVI->VGA converter->VGA projector (1280x720). (Projector VGA cable is 20m long so I can not switch to HDMI cable - too expensive).

On my current 4850 I get full support except of dual screen on that setup - and as I use my computer 50% for movies, I can not go to OSX86 because of that.

I would very much appreciate if You could confirm that GTS 250 (or even any other card in that price range) has the functionality I need. Of course I also need QE/CI/OpenGL etc working - suggest best card that has full support as I am going to buy new card specially for that.

PS. Also you could note the producer/brand of the hard you have working/are suggesting. At the moment I am facing a PALIT GTS 250 as it is a lot cheaper than others here.

PS2. The PALIT GTS 250 I am interested in may have DVI+VGA+HDMI port (instead of default DVI+DVI+S-video) - have to make sure. But if it is that way, will it be supported by OSX86? (Dual screen, which ports working etc)

Picture

Link to card

Thank you in advance,

mustiCas

Hi lads,

I am tired of messing with my 4850 and I am planning to buy a GTS 250 instead for OSX86 tomorrow. But before I do I have to be sure that the card is fully supported. And by that I mean that I also need dual screen from:

1xDVI->DVI monitor (1680x1050) + 1xDVI->VGA converter->VGA projector (1280x720). (Projector VGA cable is 20m long so I can not switch to HDMI cable - too expensive).

On my current 4850 I get full support except of dual screen on that setup - and as I use my computer 50% for movies, I can not go to OSX86 because of that.

I would very much appreciate if You could confirm that GTS 250 (or even any other card in that price range) has the functionality I need. Of course I also need QE/CI/OpenGL etc working - suggest best card that has full support as I am going to buy new card specially for that.

PS. Also you could note the producer/brand of the hard you have working/are suggesting. At the moment I am facing a PALIT GTS 250 as it is a lot cheaper than others here.

PS2. The PALIT GTS 250 I am interested in may have DVI+VGA+HDMI port (instead of default DVI+DVI+S-video) - have to make sure. But if it is that way, will it be supported by OSX86? (Dual screen, which ports working etc)

Picture

Link to card

Thank you in advance,

mustiCas

HDMI-DVI and HDMI cables at 25ft aren't that expensive.

25ft HDMI-DVI: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2

20ft HDMI: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2

I've got a GTX 275 with QE/CI/OpenGL and dual monitor (DVI / DVI) working just fine.

HDMI-DVI and HDMI cables at 25ft aren't that expensive.

25ft HDMI-DVI: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2

20ft HDMI: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2

I've got a GTX 275 with QE/CI/OpenGL and dual monitor (DVI / DVI) working just fine.

25 feet = 7,5 meters. I need 16.8 meters minimum, so a 20meter (67 feet) cable. And that is more expensive than a new card, at least here in Europe, Estonia.

Do you also get DVI / DVI-VGA working?

Retail install or distro? I'm desperately trying to get my 275 working in a retail install with no success (see my post in previous page).

May I ask how you've set it up?

Thanks

Retail install or distro? I'm desperately trying to get my 275 working in a retail install with no success (see my post in previous page).

May I ask how you've set it up?

Thanks

Mmmmm, I've found one of your posts here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1223240

I'll try following that and see what I can get from it...

The motherboard I'm using is the GA-EP45-UD3P for reference.

But could you please do it for me? Or anyone else? I don't want to buy the card and find out it myself.

Thank you.

Alright. Booted into OSX 10.5.8. DVI to 22" Samsung Monitor (DVI) and 32" Acer TV (DVI-VGA adapter to VGA cable to VGA extension cable to reach the TV) and it works fine:

wui4hz.png

I just had to open Displays from System Preferences and click "Detect Displays"

Mmmmm, I've found one of your posts here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1223240

I'll try following that and see what I can get from it...

Yeah, my install is retail. See if that works for ya.

Yeah, my install is retail. See if that works for ya.

Hey Firestorm88. I still can't get it to work. Tried that exact method for EFI string. I now remember that it's the same method that I used previously. Just for the heck of it, I tried it again with no success.

Here's the order of the steps i usually follow to install the drivers. Maybe there's something wrong here?

1-Install Leopard 10.5.0 with retail DVD using boot cd

2-Boot into 10.5.0 using boot CD

3-Install Chameleon v2 RC2 via installer to system partiton (not EFI partition)

(tried with Graphic Enabler ON (no EFI string) and OFF (with EFI string) , no dice)

4-Install kexts in /Extra/Extensions and smbios.plist as well as com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra

5-Boot into retail install using Chameleon and update to 10.5.7 (since i know it works with my driver) using combo updater

6-Making sure GFX enabler is ON or EFI string is present, I install the EVGA driver, not in safe mode or single user mode (is this a problem?). I installed it in regular mode in my iAtkos v7 setup and it works fine.

After all this, I'm still stuck at 1024x768 with no CI/QE.

Try updating to 10.5.7 before even installing Chameleon.

1. Install Leopard 10.5.0 (I used 10.5.6) with retail DVD using boot cd

2. Boot into 10.5.0 using boot CD

3. Install Leopard 10.5.7 (I used 10.5.8) using combo update

4. Reboot

5. Boot into Leopard using boot CD (boot with the HDD option, not the DVD Drive like when installing Leopard)

6. Do your kext work and then do not reboot

7. Install GTX2xx drivers (use rapidshare link in this topic to grab them as they have the mac pro check taken out)

8. Now reboot again like in Step #5

9. Install Chameleon RC2

I actually installed PC_EFI V9 using UInstaller in Step #6 (it handled the kext stuff for me for my motherboard, the EP45-UD3P) and then installed Chameleon RC2 after finishing everything else.

What motherboard are you using?

I think the biggest thing to try might be going to 10.5.7 (or even 10.5.8) before installing the drivers/kexts.

Thanks. I'll have to try that when I get home from work. The driver you are pointing to is the one I'm using (originally posted on netkas.org).

I know I could go directly to 10.5.8 but since my working iAtkos setup is 10.5.7, I want to eliminate that as a factor on my hardware.

My board is an Asus P5E.

EDIT: Well I have good news. Using the order above, I was able to get these drivers finally working :D

Thanks for the help Firestorm. As a bonus, I was also able to build my own Legacy Kext (Fake Kext) for my Marvell Yukon 88E8056 that works in 10.5.8. Almost everything in my install seems to work great now.

Congrats! Glad to help :thumbsup_anim:

To follow-up, I've found out what was causing my issue of the driver not working. I had an old kext called IONDRVSupport.kext in my /E/E left over from my tinkering period when I was trying to figure out which kexts I needed for my system. This kext was left there and was preventing the driver from being activated even though a kextstat showed it was loaded, which was puzzling.

Since I started from scratch the other day, I didn't have this kext so all was good. I wanted to figure out the cause and after lots of trial an error, I found the culprit.

hi

i read the whole topic and i dont understand how to install my gtx 260 core 216

hope you can help me

sorry for bad eng

ps i install that 200 gtx install and get a blank screen after reboot

i have a clean install of ipc 10.5.6

OMFG finally I have it running :D

Info:

Distro: iDeneb 10.5.6 patched to 10.5.7

CPU/Mobo: i7 920 ... eVGA x58 w/AHCI enabled. Hyperthreading disabled.

Video: eVGA Geforce GTX 285 ... Dell 30" monitor

Boot Flags: busratio=20 cpus=1 "Graphics Mode"="2560x1600x32"

What I did:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo rm -r GeForce.kext

sudo rm -r NVDANV40Hal.kext

sudo rm -r NVDANV50Hal.kext

sudo rm -r NVDAResman.kext

(no other injectors installed)

2. download/install

GT200 Drivers for Leopard: http://fileshare.in.ua/2058748

3. download/install

Netkas Universal Injector: http://netkas.org/?p=104 "Link to pkg" link

Thanks so much to netkas, this community, and anyone else who deserves creds :D:P:blink::)

Could someone PLEASE tell me how to download the GT200 Drivers from http://fileshare.in.ua/2058748

The site is literally Russian, and I clicked every link I dared to, but got nothin'.

Thanks much.

(does anyone know why these drivers are so hard to get?)

[edited for grammar]