GeForce 200 series support

EGOvoruhk

638 posts in this topic

I need a few pointers on what could be triggering it to not display anything after boot.

For reference, I have followed tonymacx86's instructions successfully for getting a working SnoLeo install. However, I recently tried to implement Chameleon to dual boot, and though it works, the snow leopard will not give the monitor any input to display after bootup. Everything appears to be fine in -v mode, but just no display after bootup.

Using tonymacx86's bootCD, I can still get display on desktop to change kexts, etc, but I've been searching around without any direction for a solution for it to display after booting through Chameleon.

Is there anything that I can list here that could help us troubleshoot? My build is in my signature, and I will reboot asap to get my list of kexts in each relevant folder...

Thanks in advance~

Hi le_squirrel

I have a HP laptop that has the same VGA card like yours. I think your laptop is on your sign, isn't it? I also have core i7-720Q and I want to install MACOS on my laptop. Could you write to me what you did to have everything work on your laptop? I'm newbi here :unsure:

Thank you a lot.

Hello in_love,

for now, I was just able to boot/install iPC 10.5.6, with the boot option "cpus=1 busratio=20", and the voodoo kernel 9.5.0 provided by this distribution (plus other minor kexts/fixes about ps2 keyboard, usb etc.)

Although multi-core is disabled, the system works quite well. Wifi isn't supported (intel 5100), and I haven't tried to support the sound, bluetooth, hdmi, etc.)

I wasn't able to boot/install my retail DVD of Snow Leopard for now.

So, if you don't mind using Leopard instead of Snow Leopard, I recommend you to give a try at the iPC 10.5.6 distro (available through torrent sites).

If you have specific questions, you can send me them via a private message.

good luck

le_squirrel.

nobody knows if it works?

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Pr...?ProductID=3188

I tried to follow these tips but without any results (no Qe/Ci - only works at 1024x768)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113489

I'm trying to run this card with the iDeneb 10.5.6, on a GA-EP45-UD3LR

Please help me or show me the right way ... to see the sun.

Cheers

Hi!

I have some serious problems with geting QE/CI working in Leopard. When I use NVInject or GraphicsEnabler (Chameleon RC3-r658) The boot freezes just before the graphics should be loaded. I am running the 64-bit kernel, but have tried both -legacy and -x32.

I have an asus p6t6 ws revolution with three xfx gtx 280 cards, but of course I only intend to use one of them in OS X while enjoying 3-way SLI in windows 7.

Could it be that OS X is trying to send the signal to the system through another cards or is it impossible to run OS X with QE/CI if one has more than one graphics card?

Hi!

I have some serious problems with geting QE/CI working in Leopard. When I use NVInject or GraphicsEnabler (Chameleon RC3-r658) The boot freezes just before the graphics should be loaded. I am running the 64-bit kernel, but have tried both -legacy and -x32.

I have an asus p6t6 ws revolution with three xfx gtx 280 cards, but of course I only intend to use one of them in OS X while enjoying 3-way SLI in windows 7.

Could it be that OS X is trying to send the signal to the system through another cards or is it impossible to run OS X with QE/CI if one has more than one graphics card?

Hi guys,

if that can help other people, I finally purchased a HP laptop with a GT230M card... and the method offered in this thread, seems so far to work nicely with iPC 10.5.6 (+10.5.8 update) :

Card recognized, Screen native resolution configured, QE/CI said to be supported, from the "about" menu... ;) .

The only odd thing so far, is the colors of some pictures and the background of the desktop, which don't seem to be in 32bit (color scalings quite visible). Anyway this won't prevent me from working with Xcode :)

thanks for that great tool

Best regards

le_squirrel

Would you mind sharing what patches and fixes you used when installing iPC 10.5.6? I have the same notebook as you, but have had difficulty getting the video card to be properly detected and boot up without Bonjour crashing. I'm using iDeneb 1.3 right now, but I can use this install to try installing iPC to another partition and see if it's any more compatible.

Thanks.

Would you mind sharing what patches and fixes you used when installing iPC 10.5.6? I have the same notebook as you, but have had difficulty getting the video card to be properly detected and boot up without Bonjour crashing. I'm using iDeneb 1.3 right now, but I can use this install to try installing iPC to another partition and see if it's any more compatible.

Thanks.

Hi Disco Cat,

For info, I run with only one core active, no wifi (intel 5100 unsupported), no sound (a kext seems to exist but I'm lazy as hell to try that).

I didn't check bluetooth and other widgets (card reader, e-sata, firewire etc.)

The support is far from full, but that's enough for what I need (use Xcode with Iphone SDK).

I guess it's possible to have a better install with Snow Leopard and multi-core support, but I don't have time to search.

==> here is a summary of options/patches I used :

- boot the iPC 10.5.6 DVD with option "cpus=1 busratio=20" (only one cpu core active)

- Add following drivers/fixes/tools:

. Kernel Voodoo 9.5.0

. driver Realtek R1000 for the ethernet card

. Patched usb drivers

. ACPI Fix

. Firewire mount fix

. IOUSB Mass storage fix

. Finder 10.5.5

. Seatbelt fix

. PS2 Keyboard fix

. Pacifist tool (useful to install the GT200 netkas solution)

. NTFS-3G +Macfuse

- Add the kernel flags (cpus=1 busratio=20) to :

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

(Personally, I make sure the volume is HFS (not plus) and edit the file from my Ubuntu, then convert the volume to HFS+ later)

- Find a way to boot the partition (boot123 etc.), then install chameleon

- Apple updates (10.5.8 etc.) + re-apply IPC drivers/fixes

- use the method explained by the current thread, to support the GT200 nvidia cards.

Hope this is clear. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have a question.

Best regards

I'll let you know when I get to Snow Leopard, but my first task is to set up a fully-working Leopard and move up from there. However, if you are wanting working audio, it's a simple matter of installing the kext here:

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/

Audio jacks don't work, and the built-in speaker doesn't pick anything up, but you get basic output, at least.

Hi!

I have tried to remove two of my three card, but problems persist! I have also installed the drivers from this thread and tried EFI-strings from aquamac.

I need help. So anyone who knows the solution should post here

Does anyone know how to get the GTX 285 (not the Mac Edition) working in SL? I have tried 8 disk-boot methods and three usb-boot methods to no avail. I am positive that the only thing holding me back is the graphics card, and I really want to get my i7 rig up and running.

I am relatively new to hackintoshes (this is my first build) and this is a problem I diddn't expect at all - wouldn't NVEnabler 64 work fine? I spent the most time choosing this component only to have the most trouble getting it to work :)

So far the furthest I have gotten to an installation screen is having the grey apple screen flash for 1/10th of a second, after Chameleon runs through all the code. Afterwords, it will restart or, in effect, go to sleep (although the CD drive with the install disk spins up, which tells me the installer is running and I can't see or operate it).

If the specs are of any help, here they are:

Intel Core i7 860 2.80Ghz (to be overclocked)

nVidia GeForce GTX 285 1GB

Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P Motherboard

8GB GSkill RAM (4GB currently installed), 4 sticks of 2GB each

2 x WD 750GB Caviar Black HDD's

Lite On DVD/CD Burner

Antec P183 Case

OCZ 750W PSU

I hope I can get this running before christmas! Ive been working on the software side of the rig since the first weekend of December and I am becoming more and more impatient...

Please don't let me have to install Vista!!! :(

I'll let you know when I get to Snow Leopard, but my first task is to set up a fully-working Leopard and move up from there. However, if you are wanting working audio, it's a simple matter of installing the kext here:

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/

Audio jacks don't work, and the built-in speaker doesn't pick anything up, but you get basic output, at least.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have effect on the sound of my DV8.

Maybe it's because mine is the french edition, and the hardware is possibly slightly different.

I'll try harder to make it work, once I'm on Snow Leopard installation.

ey, I just installed 10.6(insanelymac's tutorial, and then update to 10.6.2) and I got the same problem that I got under 10.5.7, EVERY time I change my resolution everything goes to hell, the scree turns blue and stays that way, just after I press the reboot button I see for a second the desktop(at 1920x1080) and then it turns off.

I deleted the file in Library/Preferences/ xxx.windowsserver.xxx and modified the resolution in which I pasted the EFI code, nothing helps, what else do I need to reset???

Without having to reinstall everyting again, the past two days I m reading forums....

WEIRD, last moment news, that blue screen, If I leave it long enough the screen will go to standby, when I come back from standby everything is visible and working. WTH?

Any ideas? THANKS, ARthur.

Running Chameleon 2.0 RC4 + 10.6.2 on:

ASUS M3N78

(specs: http://www.deusxmachina.org/manual.pdf

Audio Chipset: VT1708B High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC

)

--------------

AMD Athlon x2 Black Edition 7750 2.7GHz AM2+ 3MB Cache

--------------

Palit nVidia GTS 250 512MB DDR3

--------------

2x2GB GeIL Ultra DDR2 800MHz

--------------

Seagate 80GB

Hey

I can see my gtx260 in my systemprofiler. But on most games the screen goes glack (monitor is still turn on, green light) i hear sound but cant see a damn thing.

I can also dont change my resolution(blue screen stays)

It also failes on open gl 3.0(1.1-2.1 passed) on opengl viewer

hey guys!

I also " just followed this guide... " ( site 18 )

and i had problems using the codes of the guide.

so i just copied the codes for my GPU (285 gtx) from the

efi-studio and it worked perfectly.

so that might be possible with any other model supported by

the efi-studio.

greets!

I'd be curious to see how many people ACTUALLY have fully working cards. My 275 runs some tests, reports as a GTX 275 and looks nice BUT... The framerate is much lower in games compared to the same machine booted into Windows. I used World of Warcraft as an example and where I see 60+fps on PC, I see 20 and under on OSX. It was explained to me that it's because of the lack of CUDA support for the driver being used with the 275. Can someone confirm if this is an issue with 250,260,280,285,295?

Thanks!

Jeff

hey! i dont really have a mac game installed.

But i have some games running with emulator and

i cant enable AA for example. so graphics arent the same thats right,

but i dint install mac os to be able to run games so thats not too bad ;-)

You cud try to run the guide on site 18 ( this topic ) and try out what i

mentioned in my last post if you dint already =)

HF & greets

I'd be curious to see how many people ACTUALLY have fully working cards. My 275 runs some tests, reports as a GTX 275 and looks nice BUT... The framerate is much lower in games compared to the same machine booted into Windows. I used World of Warcraft as an example and where I see 60+fps on PC, I see 20 and under on OSX. It was explained to me that it's because of the lack of CUDA support for the driver being used with the 275. Can someone confirm if this is an issue with 250,260,280,285,295?

Thanks!

Jeff

Also I have similar problems...^^

Hey I have a question?!

I currently have a 9800GT, on 64-bit 10.6.2 and it works perfectly!

If I buy a GTX 200 series card, will it work on 64-bit kernel? and Can I get my old 9800gt to work with it, I really want to get them both to work so I can use the 9800GT for a PhyX card on windows, but still have the two cards working on snow leopard, So I can have lots of graphics Processing resources, when virtualizing windows via parrallels/wmware

I really want to know soon, because if there is absolutely no way to get it to work I will sell my 9800gt, but I don't want to if I don't have to

Hey I have a question?!

I currently have a 9800GT, on 64-bit 10.6.2 and it works perfectly!

If I buy a GTX 200 series card, will it work on 64-bit kernel? and Can I get my old 9800gt to work with it, I really want to get them both to work so I can use the 9800GT for a PhyX card on windows, but still have the two cards working on snow leopard, So I can have lots of graphics Processing resources, when virtualizing windows via parrallels/wmware

I really want to know soon, because if there is absolutely no way to get it to work I will sell my 9800gt, but I don't want to if I don't have to

dunno going to buy this today, if it works ill trade you video cards