10.5.4 Released

130 posts in this topic

Guide to Update to 10.5.4 from your Hackintosh ( Combo Update Only). ( source from http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67890 its the same as 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 )

Download 10.5.4 do not use software update unless you have 10.5.3 installed and your computer is vanilla compatible

Quote:

Open Terminal

sudo -s

*type password*

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

Open 10.5.4 Update Installer

Run update BUT DO NOT RESTART

Go back to your terminal and press Control C to end the script

In terminal type:

nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

Replace the line Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext with dsmos.kext

if you running vanilla kernel then just reboot without changing the kernel but if your running a hacked kernel you will need to install a different kernel BEFORE restarting because the install will just set vanilla as default i used kalyway 10.5.3 kernel and it worked just fine had to replace a few of kexts i.e. sound and applsmbios.kext

Restart and boot with -v

remember to back up kext's and replace them if needed in 10.5.4

if any of you have problems with graphics and you use nvinject.kext then let me know because i have a solution as you can see from the attached picture

hurray!!!!

confirmed that this worked for me. specs in my sig!

used this method but didnt find any installATstarup so i skipped that step. bofore restart i restored the modbin 9.4 kernel, replaced the system.kext extension, repaired permissions and thats all:)

first start after the update was quite slow(i noticed that after all major updates, so i dont mind)

attached screenshot.

THANKS!!!!

post-65127-1214938809_thumb.png

any one had this problem? (cant update even after update released - does not show up in Software update?)

pictur59.jpg

and manual update fails:

pictur61.jpg

It would be worth a 6 pack of Heineken if someone would make a complete tutorial how to update to 10.5.4 when using the TOH kernel.

Where can the kernel be found, and how must the kernel be replaced?

Where can we download the TOH kernel?

I am stuck (on 10.5.2)

Wow, I updated my iAtkos 1.0r2 + kalyway 10.5.2 update + Kalyway 10.5.3 update install that would only boot with -f (otherwise it kp'ed), using the ketkas method and low and behold it worked like a charm, and it fixed the kernel panic issue I was receiving before (which was down to a poor installation of the kalyway 10.5.3 update).

I put my computer to sleep last night for 8+ hours, and when I woke it this morning, I got graphics back but the cursor and keyboard were locked - so i had to force restart.

After that I put it to sleep for about a minute, and it awoke fine.

I guess they are sure to be sleep issues with a vanilla 9.4 kernel?

ok so let me get this straight. when I install OSX x86 onto my new hackintosh, I plan on using iATKOS_2.0i to install so im just gonna pop that in to the drive and install it. I believe its 10.5.2 but then all I do is run apple software update? nothing special because im running a so called "vanilla kernal?"

thanks! :)

i'm Still On ToHLeo 10.5.......

and i'd like to install the new safari and other app that might require an update...

I did an update from Kalyway's 10.5.1 and my hackingtosh wasn't responding like it use to.

I'd Delay before ejecting (.dmg's and USB) and wouldn't pick USB's untill u reboot..

i don't even have the Vanilla and the EFI Boot install.

i'm clueless as to what needs to be done first..

Board: Dell Optiplex 170L

CPU: Intel Pentium 3.0 GHz

HD: 80 GB

RAM: 256 MB SDD........"Don't ask" lol.....It Runs faster than any PC with VISTA

Sound: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio......WORKING after MIDI Fix

Video: Intel Corporation 82865G........NOT WORKING [Only default resolution & No Video Games]

Ethernet: Intel Corporation 82562EZ 10/100.......WORKING

DVD: SamSung DVD/RW........WORKING

Yep cabron, useless...

I've using a 5.4 update from the Bay, or Demon, i can't remember, for a while..., Build 9E6.

If possible, someone confirm the build version, plz.

PS: Probally a diferent Build, this one have a new kernel, the one that in using here, don't have...

Let's see what happen here.... ;)

cabron??? hahahahaha ;)

It would be worth a 6 pack of Heineken if someone would make a complete tutorial how to update to 10.5.4 when using the TOH kernel.

Where can the kernel be found, and how must the kernel be replaced?

Where can we download the TOH kernel?

I am stuck (on 10.5.2)

I was already running 10.5.3 with a modified kernel 9.2.0, to upgrade, just use the software upgrade feature, but before make a backup of yoru existing kernel:

in terminal sudo cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.backup

sudo chmod 664 /mach_kernel.backup && sudo chown root:wheel /mach_kernel.backup

Now when you reboot, it won't work, so whenever your boot loader loads, press F8 and enter mach_kernel.backup

Boot as normal, then

sudo mv /mach_kernel.backup /mach_kernel

sudo chmod 664 /mach_kernel && sudo chown root:wheel /mach_kernel

reboot, and you should be back to normal.

Does anyone know IF there is a new modified kernel ?

I have the vanilla kernel and all went good with the normal software update. And of course I immediately did a time machine backup before and after (just in case).

One important side note...if you have a vista partition......this will kill the boot. You need to boot from the install dvd for vista and perform a repair installation (takes less than a min) and then you are golden.

I have Vista partition and the update didnt touch it in any way, updated fine, was running vanilla 10.5.3 kernel etc. Asrock conroe 945g, core 2 duo efi v8, graphics string 8800gt 512.

Love it

Dont shoot for having blista partition lol !!!

Well I'm running a Vanilla kernel with PC EFI and the update failed, about 1/3 the way it was writing the files it gave me a kp. Any help guys? I'm running a Vanilla kernel, NVInject (don't know what version give me some time to figure it out) and a ALC 268 sound driver. Thanx for any help guys :)

Well, I reinstalled Kalyway 10.5.2 and won't be updating. Its not worth it having to install all my software again like Office 2008 iLife '08 etc. Oh well

I made a fresh install of os x 10.5.1(EFI + vanilla kernel)

then install (10.5.2 update,video drivers using netkas method) + 10.5.3 update(netkas method) + 10.5.4 update(netkas method)

i try to use compo update 10.5.4.. but no success system crash..

all run perfect..

Well I'm running a Vanilla kernel with PC EFI and the update failed, about 1/3 the way it was writing the files it gave me a kp. Any help guys? I'm running a Vanilla kernel, NVInject (don't know what version give me some time to figure it out) and a ALC 268 sound driver. Thanx for any help guys :D

That's the same problem I have been having on my HP DV6500T laptop. No other OSX distribution will install or update, except for OS X 10.5.1. I tried to update my 10.5.1 but each time, roughly 70% from finish, I get KP.

I tried IATKOS, ToH, and Leo4all but none seem to work as good as Kalyway. I even tried to install 10.5.2 but each time I get the KP you mentioned. On the 10.5.2, it installed fine but when I go to shutdown, I get a KP and it freezed up.

I tried to update to 10.5.4 last night, and my perfectly working 10.5.1 was bricked. I reinstalled and it's now running again, so I'm keeping it this way.