10.5.4 Released

130 posts in this topic

Same here, installed by downloading the Combo update from apple - working perfect.

System hung at MACH REBOOT, i just reset the system manually and i'm running.

Installed via software update. Working fine here...

Ahhhh yes! Software update worked. It kept my Grub intact. Kept my AHCI kexts still working (all AHCI ports working in my p35-ds3l). SMBIOS/HDA/ALC are all cool. B)

I asked earlier if you can update directly from 10.5.1 to 10.5.4 with some confusing file sizes. I just found out that there are

Mac OS X 10.5.4 Combo Update (561MB):

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...mboupdate.html

Mac OS X 10.5.4 Update (88MB):

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1054update.html

*Posted by weekender in a different thread.

that probably answered my question :)

But still ..... would it be possible? 10.5.1 to 10.5.4 (using COMBO update) without the netkas method .. keep us posted if you've tried it :thumbsup_anim:

I'm still a noob at this stuff even though I've got a fully functional hackintosh. What program do I use to backup my kext files? Also, I'd like to avoid having to reinstall bronya's drivers and displayconfigx. If I use this upgrade, what are the chances I lose bronya's drivers?

Aries326 I updated my Hackintosh which uses ATi1950 Pro and Bronya's 10.5.3 drivers - I used Software update and all went fine :) I don't know about displayconfigx I don't use that!

{censored} need to upgrade my signature lol downloading now thru software update.

Edit: Working Fine Here with vanilla kernel, strange i didnt have to backup my wireless kext.

Hell yeah,it's pretty sexy amantheboy what you make at your screenshots. These are look like the documents the White House censored about his internal notices. I'm kidding you :D

I give a try, this time only :)

Hell yeah,it's pretty sexy amantheboy what you make at your screenshots. These are look like the documents the White House censored about his internal notices. I'm kidding you ;)

I give a try, this time only :D

haha thanks and keep that on the down low. :) No major performances spotted, kinda useless, this is how all updates should be no need for that script.

updated using the scripts from page 1. I didn't have a start up script to edit through. >Shrug< Seems a bit snappier but my cores are running 3 - 5 degrees warmer.

Also, After the update Time Machine backs up 512 mb. Seems like alot for a 88 mb update.

Works like a charm here. Downloaded from Apple and executing the pkg, without other cautions. Modified Saft with a new Safari internal version "5525.20.1". All is OK. Thanks guys for the infos.

I mention I have PC-EFi and Vanilla kernel. :P

Hi all.

Downloaded and ran the 10.5.4 delta with no precautions and all is well - audio, video, 'About this Mac', LAN, etc. Well, when I say no precautions, I made a disc image prior to the update, but thankfully it wasn't needed.

Same here. Installed directly from Software Update into Kalyway 10.5.3. "Like buttah!"

Kernel Darwin 9.4.0

Gigabyte P35C-DS3R

Q6600

GeForce 7300 GS

4GB Kingston 800 mhz

Seagate dedicated SATA for OSX

Raptor dedicated for XP

im currently on kalyway 10.5.2, went back from 10.5.3 due to it's buggy nature (orange hdd's, ahci unknown etc).

im thinking if i should use the combo update or just go 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3 (whilst fixing the bugs) -> 10.5.4.,

would i still be encountering the problems above if i go use the combo update?

Ahhhh yes! Software update worked. It kept my Grub intact. Kept my AHCI kexts still working (all AHCI ports working in my p35-ds3l). SMBIOS/HDA/ALC are all cool. :(

I asked earlier if you can update directly from 10.5.1 to 10.5.4 with some confusing file sizes. I just found out that there are

Mac OS X 10.5.4 Combo Update (561MB):

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...mboupdate.html

Mac OS X 10.5.4 Update (88MB):

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1054update.html

*Posted by weekender in a different thread.

that probably answered my question :)

But still ..... would it be possible? 10.5.1 to 10.5.4 (using COMBO update) without the netkas method .. keep us posted if you've tried it :D

Just tried this with out the netkas method and yeah....it didn't work, came up the the needing to reboot screen every time.