10.5.4 is released !

207 posts in this topic

I went from Leo4allv3final-->Kalyway 10.5.3(Upg)-->10.5.4(Apple Update)

It did break the info.plist in ATIRadeonx2000.kext, I added my DeviceID (9589) and it fixed QE/CI.

I did one update right after the other, so I am not quite sure which one caused it.

I am on a:

C2D CPU.

Powercolor HD2600PRO

Guide to Update to 10.5.4 from your Hackintosh ( Combo Update Only). ( source from http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67890 its the same as 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 )

Download 10.5.4 do not use software update unless you have 10.5.3 installed and your computer is vanilla compatible

Quote:

Open Terminal

sudo -s

*type password*

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

Open 10.5.4 Update Installer

Run update BUT DO NOT RESTART

Go back to your terminal and press Control C to end the script

In terminal type:

nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

Replace the line Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext with dsmos.kext

if you running vanilla kernel then just reboot without changing the kernel but if your running a hacked kernel you will need to install a different kernel BEFORE restarting because the install will just set vanilla as default i used kalyway 10.5.3 kernel and it worked just fine had to replace a few of kexts i.e. sound and applsmbios.kext

Restart and boot with -v

remember to back up kext's and replace them if needed in 10.5.4

if any of you have problems with graphics and you use nvinject.kext then let me know because i have a solution as you can see from the attached picture

hurray!!!!

confirmed that this worked for me. specs in my sig!

used this method but didnt find any installATstarup so i skipped that step. bofore restart i restored the modbin 9.4 kernel, replaced the system.kext extension, repaired permissions and thats all:)

first start after the update was quite slow(i noticed that after all major updates, so i dont mind)

attached screenshot.

THANKS!!!!

post-65127-1214938936_thumb.png

hurray!!!!

confirmed that this worked for me. specs in my sig!

used this method but didnt find any installATstarup so i skipped that step. bofore restart i restored the modbin 9.4 kernel, replaced the system.kext extension, repaired permissions and thats all:)

first start after the update was quite slow(i noticed that after all major updates, so i dont mind)

attached screenshot.

THANKS!!!!

Thanks for providing the details.

One question , where did you find modbin 9.4 kernel? Isn't 9.4 the NEW kernel that comes with 10.5.4, do you mean 10.5.3 9.3 Kernel?

Kalyway 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3 Combo Update Package by Mysticus 1.4b -> 10.5.4 Software Update, booted with -v -f and no problems (always using vanilla kernel), neither sound, graphics or AHCI were lost after update

Wow, really helpful comment... NOT.

How about some specs next time so people can tell what you are using and learn from it?

You take the trouble to post your 3rd comment in two years on this board, and this is what you saved up? :(

Kalyway 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3 Combo Update Package by Mysticus 1.4b -> 10.5.4 Software Update, booted with -v -f and no problems (always using vanilla kernel), neither sound, graphics or AHCI were lost after update

Sorry, you are right.

Specs: Asus P5E-VM HDMI, Q6600, 4Gb GSKill (4x1Gb), Sata DVD-RW (LG trought IDE<->Sata Adapter), APC 500CS, Apple USB Keyboard and Razer USB Mouse, MSI Bluetooth and Asus PCI Wireless LAN Card (OTB recognized as Airport).

The only thing that doesn't work OTB with kalyway 10.5.2 is the network (atheros L1). Fixed with external kext. After 10.5.3 update lost network and sound so installed it again. With 10.5.4 no need to reinstall.

Updated from Kalyway 10.5.3 on a C2D machine (see signature below for details) using software update. All is well so far, QE/CI all fine as well as sound. Running vanilla kernel.

I posted earlier that I hadn't noticed any problems since the update to 10.5.4 but today I tried sending a reply through the standard mail app and it is consistently crashing the mail app.

I can reply to some emails successfully. Can't figure out what is different about the emails that are crashing the app.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Solution Update: I had installed the Safari 4 Developers Edition, uninstalled back to 3.1.1, problem solved.

Asus P5W DH Deluxe

BIOS 2704

Core 2 Duo

Video:Saphire X1950XT Radeon, Vendor ID added to ATIRadeonX1000.kext info.plist

Audio:Realtek ALC882

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0882

HDA via HDAEnabler & AppleHDA.kext

Network Realtek

Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.3 with Vanilla Kernel, NVKush with AppleSMBIOS 28 and Azalia sound install, updated via Software Update and all good.

Not only that, my system that never woke from sleep, now does! WOW! :)

Same here - what a pleasant surprise! Before 10.5.4 I never managed the system to wake up from sleep and now it suddenly works (Gigabyte P35-DS3P 1.1; BIOS F10, AppleSMBIOS-27). The only problem is with DHCP: it doesn't pick up an IP address and can't connect to the net. I had to turn off DHCP and assigned a fixed IP address. (I think this is a know issue with the realtek driver).

I Have A Problem My Software Update Doesn't Detect Any Updates It Says My Computer Is Up To Date And I Had 10.5.2 Kalyway Then Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update And Now I Can't Seen To See The 10.5.4 In My Software Update Program

leo4all 10.5.2 -> kalyway 10.5.3 comboupdate with vanilla kernel -> 10.5.4 via SU -> reboot with -v -f

works like a charm! :D

however, i hat to recover some kexts as i updated to 10.5.3 like sound,ahci, bluetooth- & usbfamily, blockstorage etc.

but NO problems with graphics considering broken qe/ci

hardware @sig.

unfortunately i have to reEDIT this:

did the 10.5.3 kalyway update with 9.3 vanilla kernel and after that the 10.5.4 update via SU.

everything works fine (had to restore sound and ahci), but i there´s one problem:

i can´t shut down my hack any more, shutdown procedure is running, monitor´s going "off" as well.

but the machine won´t power off completely.

however, found out that it works when i type update -v at darwin boot prompt.

rebooting is okay and works (even without typing update -v).

before shutting down i read

unmount /"my windows partition" failed

unmount /net failed

what does that mean?

any ideas? running 9.4 vanilla kernel now..

i have backed up my extensions from the original leo4all 10.5.2 install.

do i have to replace a kext in order to get shutdown working (smbios, dsmos perhaps??)?

PLEASE HELP! :)

I posted earlier that I hadn't noticed any problems since the update to 10.5.4 but today I tried sending a reply through the standard mail app and it is consistently crashing the mail app.

I can reply to some emails successfully. Can't figure out what is different about the emails that are crashing the app.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Asus P5W DH Deluxe

BIOS 2704

Core 2 Duo

Video:Saphire X1950XT Radeon, Vendor ID added to ATIRadeonX1000.kext info.plist

Audio:Realtek ALC882

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0882

HDA via HDAEnabler & AppleHDA.kext

Network Realtek

No mine works perfectly. Maybe there is another issue with mail.app unrelated to the update.

Currently Running Kalyway 10.5.2 with Vanilla on a GA-P35-DS3R Rev. 2.1 Q6600 4GB/ram Nvidia 8800GTS

I installed the standalone 10.5.4 combo update only to end up in a loop where the graphical

interface of OS X tries to load up.

Completely at a loss here. I restored my system from backup for the time being hopefully will

see a working version out soon.

I was able to install the apple 10.5.4 delta update. Here is the steps I took:

1. Install from kalyway 10.5.2 dvd

2. Install Mysticus C's 10.5.3 update version 1.3. Version 1.4a and 1.4b didn't work out for me. Reboot.

3. Backup your main kernel now by opening up terminal:

sudo -s
mkdir /sse3
cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.sse3
cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext /sse3/

3. Download the apple 10.5.4 delta update and mount it. Download the all kernel's kalyway 10.5.2 pkg file.

4. Launch the all kernel's kalyway 10.5.2 pkg and make your selection of what kernel you're using, I chose the nforce one since that's the one I gotta use but don't continue yet.

5. Launch the apple 10.5.4 delta update and wait till it gets to the end and don't reboot yet.

6. Finish off the all kernel's install which should take no time at all. Then click the reboot button on the 10.5.4 update.

7. System comes back up and all is well.

Side effects still there:

Still randomly freezes sometimes due to the bad sata driver that is in the nforce 9.2.0 kernel. But can't fix that now.

System:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU

8 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM

P5N32-E SLI Plus Motherboard

Used software update with the following specs:

Q6600

GA-P35-DS3L

4GB Crucial Ballistix

8800GT

Was upgrading from iATKOS 10.5.2->10.5.3 Vanilla. Everything seems to be working fine, but I got my first kernel panic after the upgrade while trying to burn a dvd in toast 9. Anyone know why?