10.5.4 is released !

207 posts in this topic

Updated with vanilla kernel on an Inspiron E1505 with no problems. Seems to be running just fine.

I updated my Inspiron 6400/E1505 (solo cpus=1) from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 - no luck, screen goes total blank.

I end-up reinstalling Leopard 10.5.2. No scared to made another attempt.

BTW how do you do it with yours ? Mind to share it?

Thanx.

I updated using standalone package off apple site from 10.5.3, and now my qe/ci are not supported/softwareits an 8600 gt, and with nvkush, it shows my memory (256) and name, and with out it, it has 32 mbany workaround for this
Yes of course! I read the solution yesterday and worked for my 8500GT. But I used NVInstallerV4.1 not nvkush. My solution was to reinstall NVInstallerV4.1 but this time use PACIFIST to isntall the kexts. Just install the packages you need. Give administrator privileges when asked and replace all the files. It seems that the normal installer doesn't replace the files properly. That's the reason you need to install them using PACIFIST.
I updated my Inspiron 6400/E1505 (solo cpus=1) from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 - no luck, screen goes total blank.I end-up reinstalling Leopard 10.5.2. No scared to made another attempt.BTW how do you do it with yours ? Mind to share it?Thanx.
I use "Kalyway combo update 10.5.3" and everything goes like a charm. Don't trust in Apple for critical updates (they don't like hackintosh). Read carefully the instructions and do it the way he describes it.

Right then guys!

I have iAtkos v1.0ir2... I used the 10.5.2 kalyway update.

Am I going to be able to install this update without doing any modifications to my system or do I have do anything else?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

So about that 10.5.4...

0 - My Hackint0sh :

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600

Gigabyte 965P-DQ6

Geforce 8800GTX 768Mo

ALC888 audio chipset

Logitech MX400 Mouse

No need to tell you more :)

1 - Update :

I installed a Kalyway 10.5.2 then updated to a 10.5.3 thx to the Kalyway ComboUpdate and finally 10.5.4 thx to the Software Update.

2 - Problems :

All went ok for the updates but my shining 10.5.4 messed up with the sound and video kexts : QE/CI off and no sound at all.

3 - Kexts :

Well, I first wanted to have the video working so I installed the "NVinstaller v0.52.pkg". After the reboot all was back, QE/CI working, and you see the difference : no more lag in the dock/spaces/dashboard or while the screensaver is running.

Then, I needed the sound, I just installed the "ALC888.zip" kext files (via Kext Helper) from Taruga and the sound is back too.

4 - More :

I just like to use the arrows of my mouse when I'm browsing the web, but it was not working (same for 10.5.2 and 10.5.3). I just installed the logitech drivers and after some changes (yes the logitech updater acted weird and swaped some keystrokes) in the system preferences all is working fine.

Thx everyone and see you around. Don't forget to buy a real Mac or at least a Retail Leopard if you like using it.

5 - Links :

Video : http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20

Audio : http://wiki.taruga.net/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=62

Mickey : http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/428/191&...c|downloads||pd

Kext Helper : http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Softwar...Helper%20b7.zip

- edit -

I just noticed that in the system profiler it says "no audio" but in the system preferences I do have some information in "input/output" tabs and speakers/mic are working.

- edit -

I just wanted to add that shutdown/restart don't work at all (meaning OSX shutdown but the computer is still on). I don't know about sleep since I never use that feature (I bet it does not work). When I use the terminal to "shutdown -h now" it works.

I`ve just updated my Hackintosh from 10.5.3 kalyway combo update to 10.5.4 via software update, and it`s all working, but shutdown and reboot dont work, and other thing happened to me, i`ve had to flag my leo partition active again, because it didnt boot, but the rest it`s all ok:)

Edit: I`ve found a way to shutdown my computer, i made an shutdown script and put it in the users scripts folder, then place the scripts icon in the top bar, now when i want to shutdown i go to scripts icon>shutdown now, write my password and the computer shuts down imediatly:)

I`ll attach the script so if anyone want to use it:)

shutdown_now_.zip

I am going to try it now and let you knowI am going to try it now and let you know

direct update messed up my system so I found out that the kernel disappeared so i added it on and bingo it was fine. then my wireless did not work so i changed the kabyl kernel to TOH and it is fine. everything is working like a charm

Hey, this works on plain old Core Duos, too!

Just updated - haven't tested yet to see if it's fixed my sleep problems, but at least it hasn't broken anything. :D

EDIT: Nope, sleep still hangs after restoring the display. :( That and the fact that it doesn't detect my battery are all that are keeping me from using OS X as my main OS.

For your battery icon in the top bar use this:

PowerManagement_137_1.bundle.tar (I`ts the kext for Leopard, battery definitions work.)

Place it in System>Library>System configuration then reboot, at login go to energy settings and mark "Place the battery icon in top bar", adjust sleep and screensaver settings for battery and power adapter and enjoy:)

Good luck!

Just updated my Q9300 based machine from 10.5.2 via Kalyway 10.5.3 combo updater and then 10.5.4 Software Update and I am now losing time (30 minutes in 4 hours). My audio is also distorted and fluctuating in volume ...

I believe the 2 things are related to the clocking of the Q9300 chip, I have heard there are issues with it. Strange thing is that none of these things were a problem with my original 10.5.2 install.

just updated using the direct software update from Apple. I need to replace the kernel with the 9.2.2. then restart.. everything fine.

My configuration

DELL 9150 with Platinum D , 3 G . 2G RAM.

Two DELL display 1680*1050 with DVI

ATI 2900 Pro graphic card

Kalway 10.5.2 then upgrade to 10.5.3

Kernel using 9.2.2

Dual boot system with windows XP plus MACdrive 7.

(the direct software update will force the computer restart. before restarting , reboot to windows xp and replace the kernel. Then restart and repair permission

So after a bit of searching I have found the fix for the Q9300 (and other 45nm chips), you need to install the 9.3.0 modbin kernel from the Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update ... my only problem is that I am now on 10.5.4 via the Software Updater so does anyone know what will happen if I use the modbin kernal now??

Here is the link I found in another thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=112531

Not sure what I should do from here ... I backed up my 10.5.2 install with SuperDuper! so worst case scenario I will just have to go back to that and then 10.5.3 update ...

Dell Inspiron 9500/ E1705:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7400 (2 GHz, 4 MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB)
  • Ram: 2GB (2x 1GB) DDR2 SDRam, 667MHz
  • Screen: 17 Inch Ultrasharp WUXGA with TrueLife, 1920x1200
  • Hard Drive: 320GB, 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
  • Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS
  • Optical drive: 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with Dual Layer Write Capability
  • Lan: Broadcom 440
  • Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps)
  • Soundcard: Integrated Sound Blaster (sigmatel).

Update to 10.5.4.:

• First installed KALYWAY 10.5.2 custom install with nvinject go, broadcom and sigmatel sound for 9200
  • Backup these kext files
  • Install KALYWAY combo update with MODBINKERNEL to upgrade OS 10.5.3.
  • Restart with "update -v -x"
  • Restore kext files
  • Reboot
  • Install OS 10.5.4 with automatic update (50mb).

I have intalled 10.5.4 with automatic and get boot loop, everithing was fine on 10.5.3. Any help? Please

FOXCONN 671M, Intel pentium duo 2.0 Ghz, 2Gb ddr2 667, Nvidia 6700 256 mb.

Someone said earlier to enter

update -v

and it seemed to fix it?

Thanks, off course I tried it, but the system just boot and reboot so I need to know if there's any way to back up a running system before installing an update.

I used leo4all v3 10.5.2, then the mysticus update to 10.5.3 and then the default 10.5.4 update and get the loop boot trouble. So any other ideas?

I think I will have to go again.

Sorry, can't help you.

Piece of advice, start backing up your install with SuperDuper, Time Machine, or Carbon Copy Cloner.

That way if you frag your system, you just restore it from backup :lol:

has any one just updated from 10.5.1 to 10.5.4?

my install was from a flat image

ruing a Intel system.

im scared to do any updates on it.. not that i need it because everything is running fine

Thanks, off course I tried it, but the system just boot and reboot so I need to know if there's any way to back up a running system before installing an update.

I used leo4all v3 10.5.2, then the mysticus update to 10.5.3 and then the default 10.5.4 update and get the loop boot trouble. So any other ideas?

I think I will have to go again.

Have you tried booting with "-s" and trying a different kernel?

has any one just updated from 10.5.1 to 10.5.4?

my install was from a flat image

ruing a Intel system.

im scared to do any updates on it.. not that i need it because everything is running fine

I don't recomend you to update from 10.5.1 to 10.5.4 in one step. As I know the update to 10.5.3 contained "bad files" that can ruin your "not genuine Apple machine" so you need to patch the kernel before restarting. So I suppose that an update pack of 500MB surelly contains that files again. I would recomend you 10.5.3 kallyway combo update and then the software update to 10.5.4 that seems not contain evil files. That's the one I use and it was fine for me, but some people have had big problems following my steps so.... before think about it.

Succesfully updated from iAtkos 2.0i 10.5.2 + Jas 10.5.3 Combo Update. Not running vanilla kernel, but modbin's 9.4.0 kernel.

All hardware working fine (see in sig), no need to restore backuped extensions; also, updating fixed the shutdown problem. There's no need anymore to disable one core to shutdown properly.

post-142969-1215299117_thumb.png

Hi all.

In 10.5.3 i had problems with Qe/Hardvare acceleration, but browsing trough this forum i found working driver for 10.5.2

After upgrade to 10.5 3 my sleep wasnt working (it worked fine in 10.5.2)

I upadted from 10.5.3 kalyway to 10.5.4 via system update. All went fine (sleep working now) exept after waking up this icon shows up on top pf everything...

flashing red showing molex calble and graphic card... It looks to me like graphic card isnt getting extra power after sleep. Any ideas on fixing this?

my specs:

Asus p5k

c2d e4300 @ 3.0

Radeon x1950pro

6 gigs of ram

2 samsung sata disks

realtek ethernet card

now i installed 10.5.2 speed kernel that worked originaly, and its still happeninig :/

post-210117-1215368675_thumb.jpg

I returned to vanilla 10.5.4 kernel

removed all ati videodrivers with /movevideodrivers command

installed new driver from here:

12.06.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.3(9D34) for 7280 and 7288 !!! 10_5_3_9d34.zip UPDATE !

and now all is good working well!! yay! ;)

YEAH,but.....upgrade from 10.5.3 and kept getting the reboot hang on my GNCL board. booting to speedstep and running the 10.5.3 update to modbin seemed to fix the issue.apparently the kernel gets updated in this release.since I cant run vanilla on my 3.4 d/c intel 945, this seems to work.no need to backup if your booting in loops type:

speedstep -v

vanilla -v

ETC....

---or whatever your default kernel was----

I used speedstep. run the kernel 10.5.3 update once more.

FIXED

:(

running a P5B deluxe wifi AP board with the realtek 8187L wi fi card..

c2d e6600

ati x1900xt

went from 10.5.2 kalyway to 10.5.3 using the kalyway combo updater and then used the apple 10.5.4 update..

no problems except with the realtek wifi card.. after booting to 10.5.3 the wireless was working then i restarted and it wasnt.. didnt even show up in usb devices within the system profiler.. installed the 10.5.4 update and again no joy.. patched the 8021x family kext thingy and on reboot the client worked but on further boots nothing happened.. it jus timed out and had to be force quit.. went back to the 10.5.2 kalyway disc and got hold of the PCUSBGEN fix (IOUSBFAMILY.kext) installed this with kext helper and uninstalled the wireless client on next boot the wi fi card was in device list and after reinstalling the latest realtek drivers and rebooting the card was detected and the client would work... subsequent reboots have all successfully allowed wireless connection..

so if anyone using same hardware comes across same problems just get hold of the original IOUSBFAMILY.kext from your 10.5.2 install and apply it..

working1054eb0.th.jpg

now just to set everything up again after i reinstalled 10.5.2 thinking i had destroyed my computer :P