10.5.4 is released !

207 posts in this topic

ive tried installing this on my iAtkos v2.01 after installation, it restarted and wont boot anymore why is this so? i didn't download the 10.5.4 combo update from the software update since my LAN and WLAN wont work , but yet i download it using vista place it in a partition then it's gone

Someone said earlier to enter

update -v

and it seemed to fix it?

i had the same problem too bro,

everytime i restart or turn on my toshiba A135-S4527 i must type update -v in the darwin boot menu,

what should i do? so i can boot normally again like when i'm using 10.5.3

my laptop spec :

Core2Duo T7200

1Gigs RAM

i950 (works fine)

using azalia sound driver (works ok, headphone and microphone disable)

120 Gigs SATA

Kaliway 10.5.4 (updated from kaliway combo update 10.5.3 after install kaliway 10.5.2)

thx

Need some help. I installed 10.5.4 from autoupdate. I am running the vanilla kernel with all new, well-supported hardware. Everything was fine after the update. I needed to move my computer so I turned it off, moved it, and switched back on to find that my drivers had gone haywire. No ethernet and no quartz/CI (it does recognize the card as an 8800GT).

I reinstalled the drivers for my realtek 8111B and NVKush for the 8800GT (this was what I was using before, successfully). Still, none of it works. I do have a backup of my extensions folder from before the update, but I'm not sure where the problem might lie. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

EDIT: I get full video support if I boot with update -v, but still no network and other problems pop up.

I'm buying a Gigabyte DS3L. Can I use the vanilla kernel with this board and still have reboot/shutdown, etc?

I've got a Gigabyte DS3L as you can view in my sign. At this momment I can reboot and turn off with no problem, but only if I just turn on with Leopard. If I've restarted one time then the second restart works but turn off doesn't work and I need to push the powerdown button. It's odd.

I've got a Gigabyte DS3L as you can view in my sign. At this momment I can reboot and turn off with no problem, but only if I just turn on with Leopard. If I've restarted one time then the second restart works but turn off doesn't work and I need to push the powerdown button. It's odd.

Ok, I'll stick to the netkas kernel then.

I'm having similar problems with my current setup. Most of the time I can't restart but have to do a cold boot instead. Shutdown always works though.

Default Kalyway 10.5.2 kernel here, patched with comboupdate to 10.5.3, then software update to 10.5.4. P4 system.

I got into a reboot cycle, even with -v -f at boot, but was able to fix it by running update -v instead. So far, everything's working....

Need some help.

I reinstalled starting with Kalyway 10.5.2 and everything seems fine atm. I do have a new, very strange problem: Safari won't start. It bounces once then stops. Webkit has the same problem. If I try to do a fresh install of Safari, it says it can't install because it only works with 10.5.2 and up, but system info says I am running 10.5.4.

Anyone else encounter this?

Braveskunk, thank you for the excellent directions. Thanks to you, I've gone from 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 (my signature has been updated appropriately).

I restored the PS/2 Keyboard and power-related Ktexts to get functionality back that went missing in previous upgrades (notebook trackpad/keyboard, battery icon, CPU speed on the Apple menu bar). Awesome.

Works like a charm! :) System is even snappier after updates!

I'm on Asus P5GDC Pro, Pentium IV 3.4 Mhz HT, 2Gb ram, GeForce 7900 GS

My update/install path:

Kalyway 10.5.2 (9.2 ToH kernel) -> Kalyway Combo Update 10.5.3 (Modbin 9.3 kernel & system.kext) ->Standalone Apple Update 10.5.4 (Modbin 9.4 kernel & system.kext)

After 10.5.3 update I've lost QE hardware acceleration, but after replacing NVinject with NVkush everything backed to normal.

Worked here, all is good I think. Sound still works, graphics still work, networks good.

Went from iATKOS 10.5.1 to Kalyway 10.5.2 comboupdate to Kalyway 10.5.3 comboupdate (and 9.3 vanilla).

Finally on 10.5.4 using Delta Update (88MB) from Apple Download site. That also installed the 9.4 vanilla kernel. So I'm on 10.5.4 with 9.4 vanilla kernel now :)

Specs in my signature...should be detailed enough I hope :D

Sucessfully updated my 10.5.3 Kalway to 10.5.4 using Software Update, and "update -v" command before OS X startup.

First Install: Kalway 10.5

Kalyway combo update to 10.5.1, 10.5.2, 10.5.3

Software update to 10.5.4

My specs:

208nzpq.gif

EDIT: today I upgraded CPU and RAM, everything works OK. System is now as follows:

Intel Core 2 Quad Kentsfield Q6600 G0@3.0 GHz@Scythe Katana 2

Asus P5K-E WiFi AP

6 GB DDR2 Kingmax 800 MHz

Gainward Geforce 7300GT 256MB 128bit@passive (Full QE/CI working)

Blackmagic Intensity Pro PCI-E HDMI capture/output card

Seagate 250GB 7200.10 single-platter

Maxtor 200GB (Time machine)

LG 16x DVD-RW

Sharkoon Rebel9

Apple OS X 10.5.4 Leopard (all working)

Wow,

I was able to update also my PCintosch to the 10.5.4!!

and everything seems to work greatly!!

I just boot with the following:

update -v -x (safe mode for the first time)

thanks to all

Ufo_all:

I had some problems on the first time i tried to update to the 10.5.4, can you show your hardware and your version?

kalyway 10.5.x??

timo

Update to 10.5.4 via Software Update went well, but kernel remains at version 9.2.2.

Installed Kaly 10.5.2 -> updated with Kaly 10.5.3 Combo and Kaly 10.5.3 Kernel pkg (kernel version was 9.2.2 after update) -> Apple Software Update 10.5.4.

I'm running the vanillakernel. How could i update the kernel to 9.4.0???

EDIT: I've changed from vanillakernel to mach_kernel and my "problem" is gone!

Meh.. anyone care about us P4/Celeron D users anymore? :thumbsup_anim:

*waits for hacked kernel*

Colonel,

For P4 (i've a P4 640 3,2 GHz) you can use the hacked modbin kernel from here:

http://www.infinitemac.com/940-modbin-kernel-for-amd-intel/

i' don't know if it works with celeron...

timo

Dowloaded the 10.5.4 update.

The delta update works in Pentium D, Intel 955XBK mobo. Just need to use other kernel as Vanilla is not supported. Using Kalyway 10.5.2, Mysticus C's combo update 10.5.3, 10.5.4 delta update, replaced to Modbin 9.4.0 kernel and system kext. Works the same way too in HP Compaq 6510b notebook except using the Vanilla kernel. So far so good, for now. Did encounter a strange problem, desktop flickering happen one time and booting into OS X now seems rather slow.

The combo update however does not work as it gives kernel panic half way through installation on both computer and notebook.

Another thing I noted is that PCWiz's OSx86 Tools Utility reported an incorrect kernel. It should have reported Modbin 9.4.0 kernel but instead showed Vanilla kernel 9.4.0.

All you folks saying it "just works" are running Core 2 Duo processors and have forgotten to mention (or don't realize) that that CPU can handle the vanilla kernels.

Anyone NOT using a Core 2 Duo care to report back on whether it works?

I tried on my 10.5.2 Kaly, Inspiron 9400 Core Duo using speedstep kernel. When it rebooted it would only go to a message saying "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button for several seconds" in an endless loop. It toasted my system.

my system crashes on updating

i have a p5w dh

clean install of kaly .2 then update to .3 with combo and installing new kernel and all

all vanilla

on updating it crashes

and wont boot anymore

i am using the jmicron controller if that makes any difference

CPU = Core 2 duo 4400

Mem = 2g

Graphic = ATI HD radeon 2400

Hd= Sata 500 g

Sound = Realtek

Os = Kalyway 10.5.2

if u need more please let me know

Ufo_all:

I had some problems on the first time i tried to update to the 10.5.4, can you show your hardware and your version?

kalyway 10.5.x??

timo