10.5.4 is released !

207 posts in this topic

tried on another machine

fresh install of kalyway 10.5.3

update to 10.5.4 and bamm

dies during update

its all gone

its not working for me at all

i use grub triple boot and asus p5k-vm and p5w dh boards with vanilla kernels and gt7300 graphics

i had the same problem too bro,

everytime i restart or turn on my toshiba A135-S4527 i must type update -v in the darwin boot menu,

what should i do? so i can boot normally again like when i'm using 10.5.3

my laptop spec :

Core2Duo T7200

1Gigs RAM

i950 (works fine)

using azalia sound driver (works ok, headphone and microphone disable)

120 Gigs SATA

Kaliway 10.5.4 (updated from kaliway combo update 10.5.3 after install kaliway 10.5.2)

thx

Here the same. Any solution?

I must to start the laptop with "update -v" everytime .

When logged in "about this MAc" the info is correct about the system and the Software.

The performace of the system is better than before!!!

But... If I do not type "update -v" the restart cycle begins :-(

My Laptop:

Toshiba Satellite A75

Prescott P IV 3.0 Ghz

1 Gb RAM

Video On Board ATI IGP 9000 (Working without QE using Calisto)

Sound Card Realtek (Working)

Wi Fi Atheros (Working)

DVD Recorder (Working)

USB (Working)

AGP MiniPort (Working)

Thank you!

OK--So I just downloaded the 88 mb file via software update and it actually put my system into an endless reboot cycle.  I was trying to go from 10.5.3 (kalyway combo update) to the 10.5.4 update.  Anyway, I fixed this by going into Windows, and using MacDrive to copy a backup of the extensions/system folder over the one that had been patched by software update.  After this, it booted with no issues and I am now running 10.5.4....a thought for anyone with similar issues.

I am stuck in an endless reboot cycle as well. Strange thing is that my test partition updated flawlessly last week. Fortunately I maintain a TM backup and a Super Duper backup so I am not sweating too much. That said I would like to figure out how to fix this. Before I use the technique in the above post I am hoping to try some of the previously mentioned tricks, like booting with -v.

Finally my question I understand how to change the kernel flag (this is also possible because I have two working OSX installs) but how and when call up the Darwin boot prompt? I have not been able to figure this out and I think it could be useful as I try to get past whatever is ailing me.

Sorry for this basic question but this is the first time that I have needed it. I am also open to suggestions as to what to try. -f -v -s?

Went from Kalyway 10.5.2 to Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update then updated to 10.5.4 from the software update, now I’m stuck in the endless boot I have to type update –v after F8.Also my kernel stayed at 9.2. 

Video is working at same resolution as before but I don’t get transparent effect that I use to have.

Been searching the forum for the past 2 days and did not find a fix.. 

Dell XPS Gen 3

Intel P4 3.2GHz HT 

Intel 925X Based Motherboard

3Gig’s of ram

XFX GeForce 7900 GS 256 MB DDR3

Sound Blaster Live 24 External  

I know this is an unbelievable question but which is the darwin boot screen?

EDIT: I just found it. It flashes so fast on my screne I never noticed it before. I booted with update -v and was able to boot 10.5.4

i guess you did not read my first post.. i have used update -v, its the only way i can boot now.

i remember finding a solution to this last week in this forum but cant find it now when i serch for it.. 

Hi, I need a help with upfate to 10.5.4.

I installed iAtkos 10.5.1 -> Kalyway Combo Update to 10.5.3 + kalyway_10.5.3_kernel

Now I want to update to 10.5.4, but I don't know what I must install. Maybe anyone can help me ?

My configuration:

CPU - C2D 2.33G

Video - ATI Radeon X1600

MB - ASUS P5B-SE

Got my shutdown back again, shutdown or reboot stopped working after 10.5.4 update, but now it came back:) All i did was reinstall HDAEnabler.kext and 268 fix and now is working again;) It was very annoying to have to shutdown my computer always with the power button... Still don`t have reboot, but at least i have shutdown:) Here´s the link so anyone needs it:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=96434&st=0

Thanks to: hplaptopmac

Hi, I need a help with upfate to 10.5.4.

I installed iAtkos 10.5.1 -> Kalyway Combo Update to 10.5.3 + kalyway_10.5.3_kernel

Now I want to update to 10.5.4, but I don't know what I must install. Maybe anyone can help me ?

My configuration:

CPU - C2D 2.33G

Video - ATI Radeon X1600

MB - ASUS P5B-SE

I have made my update thru software update normaly...

hi i'm using kalway 10.5.1 what do i need to do to get the 10.5.4 thx

You could update to 10.5.3 kalyway combo update, and after update via software update to 10.5.4, i dont know if its a good idea to update directly from 10.5.1 to 10.5.4...

Hi everyone :)

I followed this guide to update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 using Apple Combo Update.

I didn't restart using -v but started up normally. I felt brave I guess (there's a thin line between bravery and stupidity, I know! :P ).

After updating the system came up but with a blue screen. No mouse no nothing.

Thankfully, I backed up my system before the update, so now I'm back to 10.5.2 again.

How can I fix this problem and update safely to 10.5.4?

This is my system:

OS= Kalyway 10.5.1 (Vanilla chosen at installation) + 10.5.2 Update using Software Update

Features= EFI V8, GUID, ToH kernel (to enable Shut Down and Sleep).

CPU= E6550 2.33GHz @ 2.975GHz (425MHz x 7)

MB= GA-P35C-DS3R Rev. 2.0

RAM= 4x1GB Kingston 800MHz @ 850MHz (1:1 FSB->RAM ratio)

VGA= 8400GS PCI-E 256MB with NVInject (using Punk92's v1.9 installer)

Thanks!

Can I update via software update in Pentium 4 using Modbin 9.3 Kernel? I updated from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 via Kalyway combo, will destroy my system if I update using Apple's software update, since I dont have Vanilla kernel or a Core 2 Duo processor? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated successfully to 10.5.4 on a non-vanilla Kalyway 10.5.3(Pentium D) system. Here's what I did:

Installed modified 9.4.0 kernel & system.kext (found it on the board) using OSX86Tools. Rebooted to see if it worked. It did.

Installed 10.5.4. via software update. Rebooted with update-v . Gave some errors about the kernel (non-serious).

Installed the modified 9.4.0 kernel and system.kext again (using OSX86TOOLS). Reboot: Everything's up and working.

Hope this helps for people having to boot with update -v all the time.

I'm currently running Kalway X.5.2, specs in sig, and using the GFX EFI string method to have my 512 Mb 8800GT working properly with full QE/IC. Will doing any of these updates require me to redo my EFI string? Will these updates X.5.3 and X.5.4 break my graphics?

X.5.2 is working perfectly, shutdown and all, so I don't want to break anything.

• 2 weeks later...