[HowTo] From VMWare To Native!

616 posts in this topic

got sound working now just hav to get internet

You'll need a Network Card that is compatible with OSx86... Search around, there should be a thread about it in the Hardware section. If not, make one ;)

Ok heres all the info

main.jpg

I have no idea why it isn't working then... :(

Sorry.

Hii....

I'm a newbie here...

I've been trying to install mac os x86, it a success using "dd" method java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_2')

But there's a problem in soundcard (only left channel works) java script:emoticon(':(', 'smid_23')

Now i'm using new computer, using SATA HDD...installing using VMware, it works until choosing destination HDD to install..there's no disk..so i quit...

Is there any suggestion on my problem....java script:emoticon(':gun:', 'smid_9')

Thxs a lot

Hi, this guide seem to be excellent, thanks. But I have a problem. It give me the "famous" No bootable cd, floppy or hard disk was detected. etc... I have read a lot of the post here about someone else having that same proble and he was just not clicking in the black area before pressing esc. Maybe I don't understand something but it don't seem to be my problem. Here is what I do:

-Start this virtual machine

-The loading screen appear, I wait until it give me the message No bootable cd, floppy or hard disk was detected. etc...

-I click OK

-Now in the black window it show Operating system not found

-I click in the black, the cursor disapear and the message "to release cursor, press ctr-alt" appear in the bottom

-I press esc on my keyboard

-It give me the same message: No bootable cd, floppy or hard disk was detected. etc...

I am pretty sure I done everything right, I will retry from the begining but maybe I did everything like I was suposed to so could you help me please? I saw someone say that he had the same problem and here is what he said: The same on me. I pressed escape as hard as i can... nothing happend. But a click in the windows doesn't also work for me. I changed the settings and activated "Send Keypress to Virtual Machine" and it works.

Do someone know how to activate "Send Keypress to Virtual Machine"?

Thanks a lot.

PS: I use the image MacOSX_10.4.6_GoatsecxDVD.iso

ok, so yesterday I image copied my OSx86 partition from an IDE to a SATA drive because i needed the IDE for something else, but now I can't get OSX to boot at all. it either gives me a plist.boot... error when it starts from the windows booter with chain0, or from grub, it tells me that there is no partition table and freezes up. In VMware,it just doesn't do anything if i set it up for the correct drive.

Its really more for educational purposes that i want to know this, as im in the proscess of useing VMware to image it back to a smaller partition on the IDE drive, but it woudl be nice to know why it wouldn't boot at all.

Hi,

I was wondering if I could still do the Vmware > Native thing with a "Macbook 10.4.6 Restore Disk"?

(i.e instead of downloding a huge file)

Errrm, I think so. Not exactly sure what a "Restore Disk" is, but I think I have read about them being used the same way as an installation CD. However, it has to be the OSx86 version of the OS, not just plain old OS X ;)

Hii....

I'm a newbie here...

I've been trying to install mac os x86, it a success using "dd" method java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_2')

But there's a problem in soundcard (only left channel works) java script:emoticon(':)', 'smid_23')

Now i'm using new computer, using SATA HDD...installing using VMware, it works until choosing destination HDD to install..there's no disk..so i quit...

Is there any suggestion on my problem....java script:emoticon(':gathering:', 'smid_9')

Does your motherboard have an nForce 4 chipset? If so, you can't use the SATA drive, only PATA drives will work.

I am pretty sure I done everything right, I will retry from the begining but maybe I did everything like I was suposed to so could you help me please? I saw someone say that he had the same problem and here is what he said: The same on me. I pressed escape as hard as i can... nothing happend. But a click in the windows doesn't also work for me. I changed the settings and activated "Send Keypress to Virtual Machine" and it works.

Do someone know how to activate "Send Keypress to Virtual Machine"?

Thanks a lot.

matskull, once you start the virtual machine, click the virtualised area of the wndow. Then, whilst is it loading (the bar going along the bottom-middle of the screen), press Esc and then select to boot via DVD drive ;)

ok, so yesterday I image copied my OSx86 partition from an IDE to a SATA drive because i needed the IDE for something else, but now I can't get OSX to boot at all. it either gives me a plist.boot... error when it starts from the windows booter with chain0, or from grub, it tells me that there is no partition table and freezes up. In VMware,it just doesn't do anything if i set it up for the correct drive.

As I said to Beanr2s, if your motherboard has an nForce 4 chipset, then the SATA HDD aint gonna work... ;)

As I said to Beanr2s, if your motherboard has an nForce 4 chipset, then the SATA HDD aint gonna work... :)

ya, i have an Intel 945P chipset, which is pretty much what they use in the new macs, so i was a little shocked when it didn't work

{edit}

oh and hahaha, i just remebered that my PATA HDD is actually on a PATA to SATA converter anyway, so hmm. That complicates the reasoning that it wont work on a straight SATA drive.

okay so I'm doing the install through VMware, get everything booting and then it sits at the last line. ACPI: Button driver prevents system sleep.

So it's been sitting on this screen for over 2 hours, is this normal for it to take this long to launch the instalation GUI?

I have a pretty good system, 1 gig ram, intel 4 3.2 ghz ht.

windows task manager says vmware is using 97% of processer.

Am I doing something wrong

I started the install with -v

and without

without all I got was the apple logo for about an hour, gave up and tried with -v now this is what I got.

okay so I'm doing the install through VMware, get everything booting and then it sits at the last line. ACPI: Button driver prevents system sleep.

ok, I think that that problem might be just a freak occurance. My instsallation did the exact same thing, but then I just restarted it a couple of times and it worked fine.

Success........ well almost.

I followed the guide to a T and after I rebooted my computer went right into the darwin boot and went into osx, I finished the install, then the mac desktop came up. Everything was working great! Well not everything, no wireless, sound, or keyboard on my laptop, but thats for later. I restarted the computer from the apple menu. But when it tried to boot back into OS X I get the grey apple screen and the spinning thing. But then after a few moments I get the forbidden symbol.

what gives? Why did it work and then suddenly not.

Im a little stuck on this one. I got it to install onto my hd, but it will not boot of the drive. I changed boot settings in bios, removed other drives and did all I can, but it just wont damn boot off the drive. Did I miss something?

So, what exactly are you trying to do? Boot it under VMWare, or Native?

When you say is wont boot off the drive, do you mean you get the computer to read off the drive, but it just won't work. Or do you mean you can't get it to even see the drive to boot off...?

:)

Hello! :)

I`ll buy AMD Sempron 3400+, socket 754 and motherboard Gigabyte GA-K8VT800. I`d like to know if Os X 10.4.6 and Logic Express will work on that? :)

Now I have Amd Athlon XP and it doesn`t work because it doesn`t support SSE 2 (I guess :D ). :( (I get this error:error718048.jpg

Thank You :D:):lol:

I cannot guarantee to you that it will definately work. All I can say is that those specs should support OSx86. When you try to run OSx86 on X86 hardware, it is best to go to the Hardware Compatibility List in the wiki. That way, you know what works and what doesn't :poster_oops:

Oh, and yes, it won't work on your Athlon XP as there is no SSE2.

I get Vmware to load up the install disk, I install the correct settings. And everything goes fine. Then the installer restarts and I can try to reboot it in vmware it dies due to settings issues (duh). But then when I try to load it up nativly, I get this "D0 error" error message. And I cant get back into via vmware to.

I get Vmware to load up the install disk, I install the correct settings. And everything goes fine. Then the installer restarts and I can try to reboot it in vmware it dies due to settings issues (duh). But then when I try to load it up nativly, I get this "D0 error" error message. And I cant get back into via vmware to.

Are you sure it is D0 and not B0 (not trying to be funny, but I thought it was B0...).

Search on the forums, there have been many threads about that error.

O.K. Thank You

No problem :)

Hey guys,

firstly, this is one wicked guide and the only one that has actually worked for me!

I have acronis boot loader which boots to the grey apple and spinny thingy, but then a small "stop" sign appears and...bang...nothing happens but the thingys still spinning...

I no theres a way of viewing the error (similar to the darwain install by typing -v) but how can i do it on this?!

Cheers,

Tom

Has anyone tried the whole 'VMWare to install' method on a Dell Inspiron 8500 or a laptop similar to that. Ive got a dvd reader but no burner so im glad you came up with this way. Ill let ya know if it works for me

Hello All,

Having a few problems, I'm getting the 'Could not read partition map' error when I try and format the partition with DiskUtility. I searched the forums and tried Dripple's method with Acronis Disk Director but it did not seem to work, however Dripple's directions were slightly vague and I had to improvise a bit. If anyone else has had this problem and managed to fix it could they please give me a step-by-step breakdown of how they did it?

// Xeijin

Edit: Okay managed to fix this, basically I went to Start > Run typed in 'diskpart' when the CMD window opens first type select disk X (where 'X' is the number of the disk with the OSX86 partition) then select Partition x (again 'x' is the number of the partition) then typed 'delete partition' then I typed 'create partition primary size=7500 id=af' then 'select partition x' and then 'active'. I then exited the CMD window and tried again with VMWare and seems to be working perfectly.