[HowTo] From VMWare To Native!

616 posts in this topic

Well, I install it, the installation works...

But when trying to dual boot (I added chain0), I get "Chain booting error".

Im not sure if this matters, but i had the same error. when you install Osx86 in VMware, and then reboot and also configure it in VMware, then i couldn't get it to boot natively, it alwasy gave me that error. finally i decided to try the install without the configuration, and it booted just fine.

I have exactly the same problem, if someone has a solution for this...

Man, Mac OS x86 is driving me crazy, ben working for weeks to get this to work normally on my PC...

Well, I have yet to install OSx86 on the same HDD I use for XP. I simply use seperate HDD's for each OS I use (3 in all - OSx86, XP, and Ubuntu). It's much simpler like that. You don't need to do any Chain Boot editing stuff - you just select which HDD you want to boot at startup from the Boot selector (I press Esc at boot).

Hehe yes, i had a similiar config earlier, but for me it's the best to have one disk in my pc. I have to download in the night sometimes, and with two HD's that's getting harder.

But i think my problem has to do with the ****ed up partition table on my harddisk, Mac OS can't even read my D: Logical NTFS partition.

I will buy a new and bigger disk and sell this one, than i can create new partitions as I can't backup in this state. :angel:

Maybe Mac OS X will work after doing this... :D

Hehe yes, i had a similiar config earlier, but for me it's the best to have one disk in my pc. I have to download in the night sometimes, and with two HD's that's getting harder.

But i think my problem has to do with the ****ed up partition table on my harddisk, Mac OS can't even read my D: Logical NTFS partition.

I will buy a new and bigger disk and sell this one, than i can create new partitions as I can't backup in this state. ;)

Maybe Mac OS X will work after doing this... B)

Just incase you didn't know - Mac OSx86 currently doesn't work for SATA HDD's which connect to an nForce4 chipset motherboard.

Your safest bet (which I have) is to get a PATA (IDE) HDD :)

Well, I have a nForce 3 Ultra :(

I bought a new harddisk yesterday, Western Digital WD3200KS SATA. I have both disks connected to the SATA controller on my board. 320GB is for Windows, my older 200GB Maxtor is for Mac OS X.

Installed within VMWare, rebooted with Chain0 and it worked! I had to correct the permissions on AppleVIAATA.kext, now it works great. No data corruption whatsoever. (I didnt connect the Western Digital to the first SATA controller, which is defined in the kext, so my 'precious data' is safe).

Great guide, but installing on several partitions was really bad for me.

Hello

I have Acer Travelmate 290E Celeron M 1.3

I really new to Mac and I'm kind of disconnected. I have an image, reading the guide I could install with vmware but in virtual hdd. the image version is 10.4.1 hasta patches for ss3 and seems to work fine in vmware/

My problem is selecting a fisical partition during install. I used the real HDD and selected in disktool a primary 10 GB partition to erase (format) but after pretend to format, with now visible error, it did not showed me the partition to install. Also I opened the logs, and it said somethin like error mounting volume.... and in windows partition are still ntfs

have you seen any of this before ?

thanks in advance...

P.S. By the way some how I can not start natively with a burned dvd.

Hello

I have Acer Travelmate 290E Celeron M 1.3

I really new to Mac and I'm kind of disconnected. I have an image, reading the guide I could install with vmware but in virtual hdd. the image version is 10.4.1 hasta patches for ss3 and seems to work fine in vmware/

My problem is selecting a fisical partition during install. I used the real HDD and selected in disktool a primary 10 GB partition to erase (format) but after pretend to format, with now visible error, it did not showed me the partition to install. Also I opened the logs, and it said somethin like error mounting volume.... and in windows partition are still ntfs

have you seen any of this before ?

thanks in advance...

P.S. By the way some how I can not start natively with a burned dvd.

Hmmm, pretty strange...

To boot off the DVD: Select your DVD Drive as your first boot device in your BIOS. Then try it ...

As for VMWare, have you done the independant/persistent part?

Hey guys first of all great guide really simple to follow :(

But i have a problem. Ok so when i installed osx using the iso it installed perfect i even got it to boot into osx in vmware so i reset my computer and tried to boot into osx using acronis and i got the ''hfs partition error'' and now i cant even get into it using vmware!

I have the - osx86_10.4.5_amd-intel_sse2-3.iso

Any help would be greatly appreciated been wanting to try this for a very long time. ;)

Ok This is an awesome tut but I am having a problem. I enter the darwin booter and press ESC and then it starts to load OSX but then it gives the error message "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system."

I used Daemon tools to mount the iso image to a virtual dvd rom. I followed this tutorial as far as I got. I havent switched the jumpers on the seperate HDD of which I am installing OSX

I am using the MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso file.

My specs are

AMD Athlon XP 2600+

2.08 Ghz

704 MB RAM

SSE is supported, SSE 2-3 are not supported. ( I am not sure what SSE is. I sort of a newb to this)

ASUSTEK Computer Inc. model # A7N8X-LA motherboard

I am not sure if my computer specs would work with OSX.

VMWare Config

vmwareinfo.jpg

Errors

errors.jpg

Please help me out. I want to be able to use OSX on a pc that would be awesome.

Hello, I recently have been attempting to install OSX 10.4.5 on my laptop. I have had a previous version of the OSX x86 installed on it before. I am having some difficulties however.

I installed it using VMWare as shown in this tutorial with MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso

The install seemed to go fine, but when I clicked Restart at the end of the install it would say "Error loading OS"

Thinking perhaps that it was just because I was in VMware or something I set up the dual boot using the chain0 file in XP as I had done before with the older version. The problem however is that when I selecte MAC OSX from the boot menu it just flashes to black, shows a the cursor then goes back to the boot menu. There is no visible error.

Any help on this problem would be greatly appriciated!

Here is my dual boot in XP:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP" /fastdetect

C:\chain0="Apple Mac OSX 10.4.5"

ok well ive solved that problem, now i can use osx in vmware, but i cant boot it native as when i do i get a Still waiting for root devices'' message

so any help with this?

What are your system specs? Is your HDD a PATA? If so, make sure it's set to master. I use to have to give the drive it's own IDE cable for it to get rid of the "Still waiting for root device..." error.

The install seemed to go fine, but when I clicked Restart at the end of the install it would say "Error loading OS"

Thinking perhaps that it was just because I was in VMWare or something I set up the dual boot using the chain0 file in XP as I had done before with the older version. The problem however is that when I selecte MAC OSX from the boot menu it just flashes to black, shows a the cursor then goes back to the boot menu. There is no visible error.

Any help on this problem would be greatly appriciated!

When you try booting it in VMWare, what happens? Also, it would be helpful if you could post your system specs too.

:star_smile:

My dvd drive always got the com.apple.boot.plist error when booting from the dvd

Used the vmware multiple times to write to an individual partition yet it never worked.

I just erased the whole disk in windows on my laptop,installed, and exited straight after reboot.

Windows gets a huge error, reboots, put ebcd and set partition active and boom. OSX.

Thanks guys.

I have a sata hard drvie if thats any help....(Still getting the damm root devices message)

Ok, that's not good if you have an nForce 4 motherboard...

This is all i know about my motherboard, Im more of a software person lol.

mb.jpg

Ok, download this program: http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

It brings up a lot of information about your PC. Once downloaded, run it and click the "Mainboard" tab. What information do you see there? There should be a "chipset" section on there too. What do you see there?

@George Wassef:

Add

paevm=true

the the *.vmx file :D

well i had success installing osx86, i had all kind of problems but i solved it searching in forums and trying the tips to make it work, but i hav one question when was using vmware and it loaded i had sound, but when i load native i dont?