OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

I agree with the previous posters .... I could not install on my SATA drives with the BIOS set to IDE. I had to set to AHCI mode.

If I remember correctly I also had the same error when the drives were set to IDE.

Doc

I don't know how everybody else did that, but the problem is, that your ICH10 SATA controller isn't recognized by the kext's that you installed...

So all I did was edit the kext's, copy them to a mac-formatted usb-stick. Then launched the installer from dvd again and copied the two kext's over to the hard disk.

I can post the two kext's later on, I'm at work right now...

How did the others boot with their ICH10 controllers?

Here's what I did to get the Leopard 10.5.2 on my system with 2 Sata2 drives on ICH10 ports and an DVD Drive on IDE port.

-used LEO4Allv2 DVD on IDE Drive.

-installed on one of my sata HDD in AHCI mode.

What works "out of the box": really EVERYTHING except :

-sound

-IDE Drive (surprisingly, it worked for the install though) :blink:

-Video on framebuffer mode only (anyways my 9600GT G94 is not supported by Apple)

Here are my settings used for the installation, others may work but these ones are at least tested with success ;):

- Bios:

Advanced-CPU: http://dl.free.fr/rNOb5eS7a

Advanced-Device: http://dl.free.fr/pIvKJsFhT

Advanced-BIOS: http://dl.free.fr/ph3nfBVSe

Power: http://dl.free.fr/pkkQqSKvw

APM: http://dl.free.fr/qN5KIr4et

Boot: http://dl.free.fr/p6LhMI00N

Tools: http://dl.free.fr/rihIIBxDT

-Leo4Allv2:

Options: http://dl.free.fr/qWEDg09mB*edited*

Thanks for taking the time and posting the pictures. :)

I tred all those,.. I think my problem is that I have EIDE DVD drive as slave attached to EIDE HDD.

Im not about to go to the store for another DVD thats USB based just so i can install Leopard.

Ill rather wait for some cracked Leo that has more current support for chipsets.

of anything by bios amended and my attempts to explain with my limited knowledge of English that our IDE is not supported for boot.

Here's what I did to get the Leopard 10.5.2 on my system with 2 Sata2 drives on ICH10 ports and an DVD Drive on IDE port.

-used LEO4Allv2 DVD on IDE Drive.

-installed on one of my sata HDD in AHCI mode.

What works "out of the box": really EVERYTHING except :

-sound

-IDE Drive (surprisingly, it worked for the install though) blink.gif

-Video on framebuffer mode only (anyways my 9600GT G94 is not supported by Apple)

Here are my settings used for the installation, others may work but these ones are at least tested with success

Heliox said that booting worked with a IDE-DVD using LEO4Allv2 and uses the same IDE controller "Marvell 6121"

Tried already LEO4Allv2?

If you think is the IDE hard disk, try to change it.

To me the same thing happens when I try to start with the DVD IDE "still waiting for root device" :)

shake hands heliox

we have the same board. I can confirm, what Leo4All v3 and V4 beta have working -out of the box- installers. I installed it with an DVD-RW SATA drive. No IDE needed!

But I have enabled all CPU (Bios) features - no problems. For booting (mulitcore) you need the modded bios so far.

Question 1: It's possible to install two different Mac OSX (10.5.2) Leo4All and iATKos 4 (10.5.4) on 2 volumes of the same disk?

If I install iATKos on the second volume - the working 10.5.2 volume don't start anymore. I would try to change the AHCI kext of iATKos fro mthe 10.5.2 volume.

Question 2: The ASUS P5Q series (and some more) have an onboard 500MB flash chip with an bootable linux (splashtop) installed. www.splashtop.com/availability.php?cat=1

Instead of the installed software, a backup and partition system would be a lot more usefull - and I think, it could be used for a mini mac hook up system too.

Have anyone tryed to make use of it?

Same board = same boat :(

Q1: I once had Tiger and Leopard on the same physical disk. I can't remember how I made it work , sorry. But, there's a hint here:

Darwin bootloader

Q2: I you find something, let us know. I was thinking of the same thing.

Note: I've managed to SLIC-mod Bitrip's DSDT-modded bios v1103 so I am able to dual boot Vista Ultimate SP1 and Leopard. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Congratulations and thanks heliox! This is great news for me as I was trying to get my GRUB boot ISO from hard drive with no success...

I'll try it tommorow as I have to wait an hour to complete download of Leo4Allv2.

I have 8800GT and E-MU 0202 USB soundcard so I'll have no problem with HW drivers except IDE DVD Drive, I will post result tommorow.

@Josko:

I also had some problems with creating the HFS+ partition. It didn't work at first, so I tried multiple times, and also from the OSX86 partitioner (the disk utility that is available when you have booted the OSX86 DVD/image), and finally it worked. I'm sorry, I don't have any better tips. :(

You can also try recent versions of Leo4All (v3 or v4 beta) as boobminks stated 4 posts above.

As your graphic card is compatible, you can add Nvidia drivers in Setup options. And good luck for your installation.

Note:I've just edited the link to the Leo4Allv2 options picture as the older one was blurry.

What could it be, if the installer says after about 2 / 3 mins that there is an error at the Base(Sub?)System or something like that?

P5Q-Pro @ e8500!

Patched Bios, AHCI enabled and the CPU settings disabled

Kalyway 10.5.2

Hey iPhoneTom could you please send me the modded MSI P45 Platinum BIOS? ;) I have the very same MB as you have and I can't get it to boot the install dvd...

Would be really nice of ya to share. :)

Sure, where want you to have it?

I have some Ready-To-Use BIOS now:

P45 Chipset:

MSI P45 Platinum

MSI P45D3 Platinum (DDR3 Version)

P35 Chipset:

Foxconn P35AX-S

If you guys need one of them, just drop me a line.

So ok - i got it working on my P5Q Pro with the Bios Mod + iATKOS 4.0!

Sound is working with the kext on Page ~3 or something ...

But my LAN isnt working! Tryed some other kexts, but none of them are working!

Can somebody help me please?

So ok - i got it working on my P5Q Pro with the Bios Mod + iATKOS 4.0!

Sound is working with the kext on Page ~3 or something ...

But my LAN isnt working! Tryed some other kexts, but none of them are working!

Can somebody help me please?

Unfortunately, the Pro uses an Atheros L1E chip instead of the Marvell chips used on some of the other P5Q's. You might want to check the Hardware and Drivers / LAN and Wireless forum. There is an Atheros thread there, but I have no idea if the L1e is supported.

2 iPhoneTom

I extract ModuleID 10 from my bios-file, decompile it, remove lines, and when I try to compile it back - I have

acpi-aml.dsl   119:		 Name (_T_0, Zero)
Error	1080 - Use of reserved word ^  (_T_0)

acpi-aml.dsl  6865:				 Name (_T_0, Zero)
Error	1080 -		 Use of reserved word ^  (_T_0)

acpi-aml.dsl  7000:					 Name (_T_1, Zero)
Error	1080 -			 Use of reserved word ^  (_T_1)

ASL Input:  acpi-aml.dsl - 7104 lines, 233740 bytes, 3683 keywords
Compilation complete. 3 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 1 Optimizations

How did You win this? (Replace to other strings?)

Or can You give compiled module ACPI-AML for MSI P45? :)

And Ready-To-Use BIOS for MSI P45 Platinum, please :)

PS

CPU Core2Quad Q6600

MB MSI P45 Platinum

@Makavel

Everything went fine during flashing process with EZ Flash 2. I think the bios I incorrectly modded was the culprit. I dunno for sure though.

Do you have the same problem?

Sure, where want you to have it?

I have some Ready-To-Use BIOS now:

P45 Chipset:

MSI P45 Platinum

MSI P45D3 Platinum (DDR3 Version)

P35 Chipset:

Foxconn P35AX-S

If you guys need one of them, just drop me a line.

Real nice of you to make a ready-to-use BIOS! Well, I would like the one for the MSI P45 Platinum please? :P

PuRity out :P

P45MACOS.100 - patched BIOS v1.00 (verified - work)

P45MACOS.123 - patched BIOS v1.23b (verified - work. I use this version)

AFUD4234 - flasher

ITS ALL FOR MSI P45 Platinum ONLY!!!

Many thanks iPhoneTom for the "cooking" metod

But SATA hdds is not visible for installer ;) I installed it on IDE hdd - How fix this problem?

P45MACOS.100.rar

P45MACOS.123.rar

AFUD4234.EXE

P45MACOS.100 - patched BIOS v1.00 (verified - work)

P45MACOS.123 - patched BIOS v1.23b (verified - work. I use this version)

AFUD4234 - flasher

ITS ALL FOR MSI P45 Platinum ONLY!!!

Many thanks iPhoneTom for the "cooking" metod

But SATA hdds is not visible for installer :) I installed it on IDE hdd - How fix this problem?

Great work! Only problem is, it's only 32-bit... Won't run under my 64-bit Vista install.. :D

Hi guys,

Just updated my system from Leo4Allv2 (10.5.2) to 10.5.4 with the "MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.4.dmg" from Apple (do not use "Software update"). So, everything on Vanilla :D . There are 2 extra steps to do though, before restarting (Thanks to "netkas" for this tip) :

-remove "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" from "Extensions" folder as soon as it's copied during the update process

-edit "/System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1" : find this string "/System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext" and change it to "/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext"

Things to note:

- it installed Nvidia kexts, as I was only on framebuffer mode. Nothing changed though: still no QE/CI on my 9600GT :)

- it didn't skrew up my audio patch.