OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

How was the partionen you used to copy the CD to formated? HFS+?

Yes. I created a logical (I was afraid I'd need a primary parition, but the logical one worked just fine) 4gb partition. I then formatted it with the HFS+ file system.

I booted an older version of OSX (Tiger) in VMware (as I didn't get the Leopard DVD to boot in VMware), and then I used the disc utility to copy the DVD image to the partition.

And after that I only had to boot it as you normally do with an install DVD.

One good thing about this is that the installation process is really fast. I installed OSX in 10 minutes!

Good luck :(

Creepy!!! But I wanna give it a try too, even if I know I can {censored} everything up by trying to do this. Which one is the backup chip in motherboard layout 2.2.1, left or right?

Realtek ALC1200 (80863a3e) running on P5Q-PRO, 2 channels Out, Micro In, Audio In, editing ALCInject and AppleHDA

/System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.Kext/Contents/Info.plist

imagen2tf0.th.png

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

imagen3yr9.th.png

imagen4ie5.th.png

No se si es del todo correcto, pero funciona.

Un saludo

Hi Ranix, would you mind posting the ALCInject.kext and AppleHDA.kext, I cant get my 80863a3e working.

Woot!

Thank you guys for saving me from the RMA procedure. I hot-swapped the bios chips and flashed with the official bios v.1103. I'll try Bitrip's mod another day as I'm not good at modding even though I followed the guide precisely. I dunno what went wrong.

Hi Ranix, would you mind posting the ALCInject.kext and AppleHDA.kext, I cant get my 80863a3e working.

with plist editor, open /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.Kext/Contents/Info.plist

He added the string "<string>pci8086,3a3e</ string>" as shown in the picture

post-145545-1216928187_thumb.png

Closes plist editor and save it when you ask.

Now open with plist editor /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And in "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" adds your audio device as shown in the picture "0x3a3e808"

post-145545-1216928218_thumb.png

Closes plist editor and save it when you ask.

If you want to go disk utility and repair permissions, but you do not have.

reboot and check, Already, and you did not work?

the truth is that it also was tested AppleHDAPatcher and codec 0888, if you're not working this may have to do

Do not I can confirm right now.

Saludos.

BiTRiP, your bios mod is working fine. Maybe it should added to the osrom bios index.

For me Leo4All v3 and v4beta working fine. Since iATKos v2, v3, v4 is Intel only, I tryed it first - but with no luke. Even the installer is not starting. Don't know why this release is so hyped.

Maybe we should open an extra thread for the ASUS P5Q motherboards and how things get done.

Same here. Thanks, Bitrip.

I've managed to boot on single user mode on my old mac partition. No graphic mode yet, I'll be digging further this Sunday with the posts here.

---------------------------------------------------

MB:Asus P5Q3 Deluxe (0704 bios) rev.1.02G

CPU:Intel E8400 under Thermalright Ultra 90

RAM: 2x1GB OCZ Platinum 1600EB

VGA: ECS 9600GT Fanless

PSU: Antec NeoPower 550W

gedebukk: Exactly how did you copyed DVD image to partition? I tryed many ways and no success:

First try was to use dd (because I am using linux) to copy ISO image to partiton but it wont boot directly from HDD nor with help of GRUB.

Second try was to use restore function of Disk Utility in Mac OS X Tiger in VMware with using physical HDD (there was few problems like when I choosed to erase partitrion with HFS+ it whas doing something and in log it was telling that it is formating partition to HFS+ but result was original FAT32 partition, but at the end It formatted it to hfs+) but also this was not bootable.

Thirt try was to use USB to IDE Box with HDD - I used dd to copy iso image to HDD directly ( not if=image.iso of=/dev/sdc1 but I set it to if=image.iso of=/dev/sdc ), but this was not bootable as well..

Fourth try was to connect IDE DVD-RW drive to USB to IDE Box but It wont worked at all.

And when I tryed to erase logical partition with Mac OS X in vmware to HFS+ it messed up thing that even testdisk was unable to recover them so I had to repartition harddisk :/ (and before that luckyly had chance - because of that linux kernel has still /dev/sdbX mapped to adress of partition - to copy 100GB data to external drive) and from that scary event I stopped with trying .

Is there any other way how to install leopard without using SATA DVD Drive or external DVD drive only with IDE DVD Drive?

BTW. I have P5Q-E with bios from here http://osrom.net/biosmod/ only problem is that I have "still waiting for root device" issue with ATA DVD Drive...

@boobminks

in order to boot from installation DVD for iatkos on P5Q3 Deluxe I had to flash the bios with a modded one, and disable all of the CPU Functions in the BIOS. Maybe you also have to enable the ACPI 2.0 support in BIOS, but I'm not sure about that.

Hello

Would you be kind enough and tell me which settings to enable/disable as a must in BIOS?

I seem to have tried them all but DVD boot allways stops for me with "Still waiting for Root device".

Aparently thats because it doesnt detect my DVD or controller. :/

What did you do to make it boot and install?

I tried Leo4All v4, kalyway 10.5.2, iAtkos 4i And some old Tiger 10.5.1.

I used to have Leo 10.5.2 on my AMD PC which had way worse hardware than this, wasnt even Intel.

I used moded bios MOD-P5Q-ASUS-PRO-0703.ROM from this forum. Is there a newer one? Working one, whats the latest?

I have 2 SATA hard drives. One for Vista 64 and other for data. Then I have normal EIDE hardrive, empty and ready for LEOPARD.

Hello

Would you be kind enough and tell me which settings to enable/disable as a must in BIOS?

I seem to have tried them all but DVD boot allways stops for me with "Still waiting for Root device".

Aparently thats because it doesnt detect my DVD or controller. :/

What did you do to make it boot and install?

I tried Leo4All v4, kalyway 10.5.2, iAtkos 4i And some old Tiger 10.5.1.

I used to have Leo 10.5.2 on my AMD PC which had way worse hardware than this, wasnt even Intel.

I used moded bios MOD-P5Q-ASUS-PRO-0703.ROM from this forum. Is there a newer one? Working one, whats the latest?

I have 2 SATA hard drives. One for Vista 64 and other for data. Then I have normal EIDE hardrive, empty and ready for LEOPARD.

Your DVD is IDE ?

You can not install from the IDE-DVD, IDE controller "Marvell 6121" in P5Q-PRO is not recognized. 

At the moment there is no support for this in Leopard, an easy solution would be buy a DVD SATA, are not expensive. 

Marvell ide controller works perfectly with the kext "AppleVIAATA.kext" maybe editing AppleVIATA.kext in the leopard image, could boot

Or wait :)

Saludos.

I am planning on using iATKOS 4.0i on a Intel P45/ICH10R Board. The Asus P5Q Deluxe. I hope this has been done and I can just follow along :(. And have the new gfx cards been tested yet? I'm gonna be temp using an 8800GTS 320MB with a new cooler but later upgrading to an Nvidia GTX260 or 260+. So I'd like to hear that. Also if the new Q9450 is supported? 45nm is something nice and should be nice to use with a mac.

Thanks for the answer. I thought as much,.. but i read hours upon hours of topic posts, and I know there is a posibility to alter the image file to include kexts or use a bootloader which loads kexts of your choice.

Problem is I dont know the procedure.

I allso hear with the bootloader you can install vanila Leopard from retail dvd.

I hear success stories from people having p5q boards and no one metodical enough writes a step-by-step tutorial.

I hear success stories from people having p5q boards and no one metodical enough writes a step-by-step tutorial.

Here is what I did with mine. This is strictly from memory from the last time I did an install about a week ago. Some of the names and acronyms bellow maybe misspelled but you get the idea. I tried several distros, but only got the newest iAtkos to work.

1. Flash your BIOS with a modified version that enables DCDT (or whatever it is, too lazy to look it up right now) look earlier in this thread for the link

2. Set your SATA to AHCI in the BIOS, all the other stock settings should work

3. Get the iAtkos 4.0 DVD

4. Boot it

5. Partition your drive

6. Install the two stock options (vanilla kernel, APPLEACPI - again prolly wrong name, but lazy), the first SMBIOS option, SATA driver, appropriate graphics driver, and the Marvell Network driver (this driver only enables the top ethernet jack, you can use this one, or get the bottom one working after you install)

7. Boot into OSX

8. Install the 2 kexts I posted earlier in this thread to get basic 2ch analog audio out, and to get the bottom ethernet port working.

@Wingman

iATKos R4 starts with all cpus extensios "off" and modded Bios now too. It installs, but it hangs on the next reboot. The AHCI driver could not be initilaised. How do you fixed it?

Leo4All v3 and V4 (beta) working nice. An rought audio support is possible too.

Lo siento, ya me a costado escribir eso correctamente en ingles :(

Saludos.