OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

help me please.....

i can't install leopard 10.5.4

P5Q, core2Quad, 2GB ram.....

can you guide me...step by step....

sorry i'am new commers.....

you can send me email (aaa_ddi@yahoo.com.sg)

Latest JAS 10.5.4 is working perfectly on P5Q Pro (with bios mod of corz)

Only onboard ethernet seems to be useless, switched to 8139.

Cheers.

ASUS P5Q PRO Patched BIOS 1104

i've seen that there is a patched bios 1004 - so i ask again if there is a patched bios 1104 (this bios has fixes with memory modules)

does anybody have the patched 1104 ?

thx

next time read my question - i was asking for a patched bios 1104 and not 1004

mik_schreiber

Next time read the whole THREAD.

There is P5Q PRO bios just recently added on this thread, just go few pages back.

Thanks Ranix, and all others giving help and advice in this forum, you saved my head from imploding!

After spending a whole day trying to get osx on my new rig, I finally found this forum thread which cleared everything up.

I am now triplebooting XP (for the kids), Vista (for me), and Kalyway 10.5.2 (just coz I can!)

Motherboad: Asus P5Q Pro

SATA DVDx1

SATA HDDx1

4gb ram

nVidia 9600GT

I have to switch SATA mode in bios between AHCI and IDE for windows or mac boot, a bit of a pain, but I can live with that for now.

Now to follow up on solving the network, sound, and enhanced graphics.

Notes: when installing from the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc, leave all the install options that are selected as they are. This gave me a painless install, the first time I tried to install I tried to be clever and make educated guesses at what should be selected, only gave me grief....

Let me know if you would like me to detail my triple boot install process (was actually pretty easy) easier than some of the guides I have read would have you believe, my windows installs never became corrupted.

:thumbsdown_anim:

Please do! I'm trying to get a triple boot myself w/ Vista, Linux and iAtkos.

And thanks to everyone on this board! Guys are doing some great work, I've learned quite a bit lurking this forum.

Don't want to be a bother, but I have spent two weeks searching the internet for a solution with no results yet.

When booting iAtkos, I get the following error-

'Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi componenets; use only one style'

What exactly is happening, and how do I resolve it?

My hardware-

Biostar TP45 HP motherboard (P45 and ICH10R chipsets)

Intel Q6600 Quad

Nvidia GeForce 8500GT

SATA II HDD

SATA II DVD drive

BIOS set to ACHI and IDE, but doesn't seem to make a difference. Also, am trying to install onto USB external drive. Tried running installer with USB plugged/unplugged, again no difference.

Thanks for any help or advice. If you're not sure what the problem is, does anyone know where I can look to find the solution...as I said, I haven't turned up anything helpful to me yet.

Hi,

I have a Asus p5q3 Deluxe motherborard and I patched the bios with the 1201 modded bios. Then I set the controller in AHCI mode and so I were able to install the system from a SATA Dvd to a SATA harddisk.

I tried to install the jas 10.5.4 and then i patched many kext with the VID/PID of the ich10r controller and all went ok.

But when I boot the system I continue having the "Still waiting fot boot device" problem.

Can you help me?

P5Q Deluxe Success!!!!!

I was running 10.5.4 with my old P5B-E motherboard and when I got the new mobo I decided to try running right off the original install I had. After I flashed my BIOS (thanks Kabyl, you're the best!), I changed the hard drive setting to AHCI and then what? Leopard started just like it did before when I had the old motherboard!

For audio I only got the basic output on the back working using the Azalia kext I saw in someone's sig in this thread.

My orange SATA ports aren't working just yet though, but dammit I'm amazed that I didn't have to reinstall everything!

I've checked the BIOS on the new ASUS P45 based boards about a week ago, and they need a modified DSDT, I can try making a BIOS mod for you, another option is: try using an old AppleACPIPlatform kext (pre 10.4.8) like the ones used in kalyway's DVD and probably also in leo4all, you'll need to boot with cpus=1 (yes this means only one core).

Hi i just got a asus maximus II formula board with intel q9550 and i can get kalyway, leo4all, or aitkos to install for the life of me do u think u can help?

Hi i'm a newbie here in this forum and I've been following the developments being made with regards to installation of OSX on P45 chipset motherboard. I, myself have a Asus P5Q (Not deluxe, pro nor other variants just plain P5Q). Maybe the latest version of the BIOS of P5Q would solve the problem. Can anyone mod this? Thanks in advance.

P5Q_ASUS_1104.zip

ASUS P5Q Partially working using the modded BIOS - install went straight through in verbose mode with no other options checked, however I couldnt get it to work with my 8800 GTX ULTRA, blank screen on boot. Current running on no drivers for GFX, will sort this later. The main things it is up and running.

No audio working - need help - please :(

No Lan working - really need help - please :(

any help here would be greatly appreciated, note I am a newbie so make it simple.

Cheers

ASUS P5Q Partially working using the modded BIOS - install went straight through in verbose mode with no other options checked, however I couldnt get it to work with my 8800 GTX ULTRA, blank screen on boot. Current running on no drivers for GFX, will sort this later. The main things it is up and running.

No audio working - need help - please :)

No Lan working - really need help - please :)

any help here would be greatly appreciated, note I am a newbie so make it simple.

Cheers

What installer did you use? (Kalyway, iAtkos, JaS)

Hi all I could do with some advice and assurance.

Right this is how it goes.

anyway, for months i debated wether to take the plunge to and get a mac( mac pro)

In the end it was just to much money, and i opted to build my own pc. I also opted to not get a iMac as i feel it would not have been sufficient for my heavy needs.

so far i have been surprised by vista, i think its great.

so i built this

q6600( currently at stock)

4gb corsair ram

Asus P5Q Pro Mobo

Ati 4850

160gb Windows HDD

500gb media HDD

80gb Hdd( Leopard)

--

So i just shoved Kalyway 10.5.1 in and it loaded the installer, then Showed the apple logo for a split second and rebooted. I assume this is to do with me not modding my BIOS Rather than using a 4850?

So if i mod my bios , how safe is it ? I don't want to **** everything up, and how easy is it to reinstall the proper ones if it goes wrong?

Now onto when I finally get OSX installed. The sound patch thing, do all the Line In and Speaker ports work? I use the Front port for my amp > Speaker set up. If it doesn't ill be gutted!

--

So yeh If anyone could help me it would be great?

So if i mod my bios , how safe is it ? I don't want to **** everything up, and how easy is it to reinstall the proper ones if it goes wrong?

Now onto when I finally get OSX installed. The sound patch thing, do all the Line In and Speaker ports work? I use the Front port for my amp > Speaker set up. If it doesn't ill be gutted!

--

So yeh If anyone could help me it would be great?

Yes, you must flash the modded bios to your board. I too was very hesitant, I just shelled out for a new system and the last thing I wanted was to screw it up! But like someone else here said "no guts, no glory!"

So I took the punt and used Ranix's modded bios, and thank god, it got me going instantly.

I have only had a quick look at his sound fix, and at first go haven't had success, I haven't had a chance to get back to that yet. Lan is annoying, from what I can tell you'll have to use a realtek pci lan card for now.

I think the audio fix was only minimal, I don't think the front ports will work, but I could be wrong, and the brainiacs round here will fix it I'm sure.

I installed on P5Q Pro, Intel Q6600, with Kalyway 10.5.2.

Ranix had a link to his bios a few pages back. I used his latest one (1144 or something like that from memory)

Good luck and enjoy!

Hi There,

I feel bad asking for this after seeing so many other requests for help, but I am stuck on this Asus Formula Maximus II. I have it booting with JaS 10.5.4, but I need to use cpus=1.

Not so great considering I have a Q9550 installed in there.

Here is the link to the official bios:

http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...ormula-0901.zip

Would some kind soul be able to modify this in order for me to enable this board for multi-core?

Much appreciated!

Cheers,

lzthqx

I know it's not a P45 chipset (It's P43), but attached is the latest patched BIOS for the Asus P5QL-E motherboard.

Has anyone been able to get either the Atheros L1e ethernet working yet on a comparable motherboard to mine?

i flashed my bios with your mod using the eazy flash option, downgraded mine from the latest to yours, i am getting a slightly diffrent screen in kalway 10.5.2 chameleon boot but still panic and stops will post screenshot after work, is it possible the problem is my dvd drive and the way one is master and slave? will try the flat image to see if that helps insted of an install?

asus P5QL-E jmicron IDE

core 2 duo e4500 2.2 @ 2.7

8800gts 640mb

2gig 667 kingston ram

1xSATA seagate 500gig

1XIDE master WD 250 GIG(the one i want to put osx on)

1xIDE slave LG DVDRW(the one i am using as a dvd drive for the install)

Jesus

So i flashed the bios, and got to work installing OSX

I put my Hdd in , and IDE, but i then found out it would not appear so i didn't install it.

Ill now have to wait until i can get another Sata Hdd, as it would not let me partion my windows hdd.

I then had a scare after the modded bios would not let me boot back into windows, so i had to restore the original one.

Pheeew