OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

If you're not able to make a custom BIOS from BiTRiP's original post, most likely because you've got an ASUS motherboard, there's another set of instructions here (post by david tsu) with instructions on how to fix yours. The only thing I'd add to the instructions is on step 8, make sure there's a 2E hex character immediately after the "WAKh" you use as a termination point.

If you're having trouble finding the patching tools, the download from that post contains the harder-to-find tools.

All of this is Caveat Emptor. If you mess up your own BIOS, don't blame me.

Thanks a lot phoenix3200.

I'm the one who got the bios corrupted by doing exactly what's been said by david tsu, including the 2E part.

Could this be the explanation for my past problem?

I used this MMTools V3.19_Mod_21FiX quoted by captfrag : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry824632.

The file you're posting is an older MMTools v3.12.

Which one is safe or more relevant for Asus boards?

So I got iDeneb v1 (10.5.4) install dvd to boot properly on my MSI P45 Platinum, but once in Disk Utility, I can't see any of my drives. Not IDE DVD nor SATA HDD :( .. The ICH10R SATA controller is said to be supported in that release! (And yes, I have RAID mode set to AHCI in BIOS). Do I have to edit my ahci-ports-kext plist by myself in order to get it to work? Or is it Something that I'm missing? :P

Thanks a lot phoenix3200.

I'm the one who got the bios corrupted by doing exactly what's been said by david tsu, including the 2E part.

Could this be the explanation for my past problem?

I used this MMTools V3.19_Mod_21FiX quoted by captfrag : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry824632.

The file you're posting is an older MMTools v3.12.

Which one is safe or more relevant for Asus boards?

I didn't actually check what version was in the downloaded stuff...I found it all externally. I had a heyday trying to find the software (the IASL website was down the first time I tried looking for it), so after noticing that post had the software zipped up, I simply decided to share that link.

I used MMTool_3.19_Mod_21FiX.rar, iasl-win-20080701.zip, and xvi32 to do everything. Oh yea, and I used WordPad. Overall, I think it has a lot more to do with how careful you are than which set of tools you use.

So i have the exact mobo Asus P5QL Pro its chipset is p43 but its exactly like p45 minus some features like double pci slots etc.. So wondering if somewone can put the patched bios here.

Thanx in advance

Ask and you shall receive. Let me know if this bricks your motherboard...if you have a computer you could report the bricking from.

I recommend you make sure the current unpatched bios (link) works in your motherboard (use AsusUpdate to install easily inside of Windows) before you try the patch. I also turned on AHCI 2.0 (or something like that) in BIOS.

p5ql_asus_pro_0414.rom.mod.zip

You guys are Awesome!

P5q 703mod works great!

For some reason...(video i think) iAtkos installed but halted at blue screen, kalyway did not want to work either. Leo4all is up and running all but network......work to do ;}

Again thanks guys!

I didn't actually check what version was in the downloaded stuff...I found it all externally. I had a heyday trying to find the software (the IASL website was down the first time I tried looking for it), so after noticing that post had the software zipped up, I simply decided to share that link.

I used MMTool_3.19_Mod_21FiX.rar, iasl-win-20080701.zip, and xvi32 to do everything. Oh yea, and I used WordPad. Overall, I think it has a lot more to do with how careful you are than which set of tools you use.

Ask and you shall receive. Let me know if this bricks your motherboard...if you have a computer you could report the bricking from.

I recommend you make sure the current unpatched bios (link) works in your motherboard (use AsusUpdate to install easily inside of Windows) before you try the patch. I also turned on AHCI 2.0 (or something like that) in BIOS.

So i flashed my bios i also turned AHCI 2.0 on bios tried ide mode tried ahci mode,turned all cpu function off , on but nothing its stiil waiting for root!!

I have a Asus P5QL - Pro mobo, Pentium D 2,8 ghz, 2 gig ram, 8500 Gt, Wd Caviar 250 Gb SATA, Lg Lightscride Dvd-writer on IDE any ideea?

The GigaByte boards should work just fine, and I even recommend them, because they use ALC889a (0x0885 as a dev-id like in real Macs) and the RealTek NIC that is known to work OOTB..

the problem with MSI is the Processor Aliases thing in the DSDT. Now, new ASUS boards (P45 based) have this thing too, so that explains why it didn't work for BiTRiP and he had to use a modified BIOS..

I still recommend GigaByte boards..

-Kabyl

Are you saying that most works out of the box with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6? Because I am planning to buy this motherboard. Won't even the ICH10R controller be a problem?

Are you saying that most works out of the box with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6? Because I am planning to buy this motherboard. Won't even the ICH10R controller be a problem?

I think he means the older Gigabyte boards (ICH9R controller) which work very well with OS X. :)

UPDATE

I've got it working now, thanks for your pm's

Working on creating a custom P5Q series Boot-132 disk if anyone can help, PM me.

I've installed the modded bios on my P5Q-E and finished an install from Kalyway 10.5.2, but I cannot get my computer to boot past the grey apple logo screen. Using -x -v gets me to a screen saying "MAC Framework successfully initialized using 15728 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

Can anyone help me here?

- I've been around the forum since the beginning of time, and yes, this is my second post. Heh, I have more PMs in my inbox than posts.

Update:

booting with debug=0x00000102 io=0x00200004 it hangs at this:

img0325yc3.th.jpg

Plaintext version:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 15728 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

AppleACPICPU::start(P002) <1>

AppleACPICPU::start(P003) <1>

AppleACPICPU::start(P004) <1>

OResources) <1>

IOHIDSystem::start(IOResources) <1>

[Hangs here]

Hey PuRity,

you can use the SATA-kexts (eg. the ones for the P35-DS4) for the P45 Platinum, they will work.

Only thing is, none of my disks are listed in Disk Utility.. Everything boots fine and all, but I can't see my disks (nor can I see my dvd). I have tried 2 different dvds,

first: JaS 10.5.4 - result: No disks (or dvd!) visible in Disk Utility.

second: iDeneb v1 10.5.4 - result: No disks (or dvd!) visible in Disk Utility. :(

So I thought that the ICH10R controller were not supported. Sorry about that. :D

Only thing is, none of my disks are listed in Disk Utility.. Everything boots fine and all, but I can't see my disks (nor can I see my dvd). I have tried 2 different dvds,

first: JaS 10.5.4 - result: No disks (or dvd!) visible in Disk Utility.

second: iDeneb v1 10.5.4 - result: No disks (or dvd!) visible in Disk Utility. :D

So I thought that the ICH10R controller were not supported. Sorry about that. :P

Dunno bout them...i only use Kalyway. No probs with it huh ;)

someone can link me the Asus P5Q PRO bios modded please?

i got a Q9300, 8Gb Ram, Radeon 4850 and P5Q Pro.... what release of leopard is better to use? (Kalyway, iatkos, leo4all.... 10.5.2 or 10.5.3 or what????)

very thanks to all

Apax

PS: sorry for my english... i'm italian :-P

someone can link me the Asus P5Q PRO bios modded please?

i got a Q9300, 8Gb Ram, Radeon 4850 and P5Q Pro.... what release of leopard is better to use? (Kalyway, iatkos, leo4all.... 10.5.2 or 10.5.3 or what????)

very thanks to all

Apax

PS: sorry for my english... i'm italian :-P

Tranquilo, yo tambien soy muy malo con el ingles :hysterical:

P5Q-PRO MOD BIOS 0703 and the latest 1104

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=851492

Saludos.

I have dual boot machine with raptor drives in AHCI mode without any problems.

Remember that and excisting install of windows, that was installed in with standard ide, will not boot up when your bios is changed to AHCI.

There are some complicated tricks to change that in windows but mostly a reinstall in AHCI mode is faster.

BiTRiP

I cannot see my IDE PATA Hard Drives during installation..... Any Help?

Hi Kabyl,

I am not able to see the PATA HDD during the installation in the disk utility. I have already flashed my bios with your modified ASUS P5Q ROM.

Please help me in this, I only have PATA HDD and I dont have a SATA hdd.

Thanks

Robert

For those who are using P5Q Deluxe, here is the modded version for 1201.

EDIT: since the bios isn't working on some boards, I have removed the modded bios. I apologise for any inconvenience. You can download a better modded bios by BiTRiP

Awsome, P5Q-E Working

Using Modded Bios

Top Ethernet working

Bottom Ethernet detected, but does not seem to work (I haven't bothered fighting with it, as I only need 1 right now and will spend my time getting my 1000GT working instead anyways)

8600GT

Q9450

Sound working

4xWD6400

1xWD80 GB (OS)

SATA DVD+-R Working

I'm very interested in creating a Boot-132 disk for the P5Q series if anyone would like to give me a hand collecting the correct kexts, just pm me