OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

something new with the sound ?

P5Q3 has ADI2000B sound onboard which hasn't been patched yet.

A linux dump recognizes it as ADI1989B but this ain't patched either.

I'm hoping of Taruga that can make the patch.

BiTRiP

Dear All,

I had almost suscess install Kelyway 10.5.2 with my old 865 chipset 512M RAM AGP system

(on-board sound and Lan out of the box ),only 1950Pro AGP work only 1024*768 milion color and USB devise should plug-in before boot-up.

I plan to buy a new rig, I would like to know for P45 system: Should be OK for Kelyway 10.5.2 method ?

Due to I am a Linux dummy.

Pls share your install step if possible ,Thanks All.

post-249562-1215500210_thumb.png

Used the P5Q-ASUS-DELUXE-0803 modified BIOS from Kabyl last night. I was finally able to get past the initial install problems, and format and install OSX. Install completes but still experimenting with the settings as it won't completely boot OSX.

Many thanks to Kabyl for the modified BIOS. ;)

I flashed my BIOS, and all went fine (except for the OSX86 install).

I'm getting the "Still waiting for root device" error. Did you other guys install OSX on an IDE disk?

I'm not sure if my SATA disk is the problem, it could be something else as well.

Hey Guys,

I just updated my hardware to an ASUS P5Q Deluxe Motherboard (BIOS: 0803) & Intel Core2Quad Q9450 CPU. I am running Vista as the primary OS on one hard drive, and have a separate Hard Drive on which I want to install Kalyway 10.5.2 to see if Leopard can work properly or not.

When I boot from the Kalyway DVD, it quickly goes into a Kernel Panic and stops here:

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_i386

Doesn't go anywhere from here. Need to manually reboot after this.

Does anyone know what I can do to proceed?

Also - can Kabyl's modified 0803 BIOS work for me? Most important question is - if I use his modified BIOS, will I still be able to run Vista as normal and Overclock my system as I was doing using the original 0803 BIOS?

Thanks!

WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

System: P5Q Deluxe, Q9450 , 8Gb Ram, 2 SATA HD's, SATA DVD drive (anything else just ask)

I had a few kernel panics at first, but worked them out.

1. Installed patched Bios (THANKS KABYL!!!!!!!!!!) see 11 posts up =)

2. In bios settings I disabled Firewire (haven't tried to enable it yet)

3. In Bios change SATA from Enhanced to Compatible (solved my kernel panic problem)

3. Installer ran normally

4. Formatted my partition with Disk Management.. HFS Journalled continued install as normal

5. Installed Kalyway 10.5.2.. used default selected options. used sleep-safe kernel (I think vanilla would be fine as that's what I updated to- but this is the way I did it to start)

6. Rebooted, but wouldn't recognize my OSX partition. Booted to vista.

-Installed Easy BCD 1.7.2

a. Managed Bootloader- added osx partition.

b. Diagnostics center- Repair osx hfs+ partition error.

7. Booted to OSX. video corrupt- had problems with my video card (ATI Sapphire 3870 512mb) Video was garbled.

8. Booted into safe mode (at darwin prompt hit any key type -x for safe mode)

9. Installed 3870 video package get it here

10. Updated with Kalyway 10.5.3 Updater - used vanilla package

11. Rebooted

12. Ran Apple Software update and updated to 10.5.4 and everything else available (except video drivers- which disappeared later next time I checked updates. I think it is included in 10.5.4)

13. Enjoy!

Misc:

A. Seems to only recognize the lower ethernet port (which IIRC is on the slower PCI bus- but shouldn't really matter unless you're maxing out your 1gb Lan connection)

B. No Audio. I'm searching around but it's not looking so good. There seems to be trouble in getting just the earlier versions of the chip working so far.

Sorry if that's a bit scattered, I didn't take good notes as this was my first ever install. Any questions just ask, I'll try and figure out what I did exactly.

Any leads on the Audio, post them up!

-Jared

I find it strange that I'm unable to boot OSX86 DVD (I have tried several different OSX86 DVDs) without getting the "Still waiting for root device" error.

I've tried all the possible SATA settings.

Motherboard: P5Q-E (It is flashed with the modded BIOS)

Graphics card: XFX 8800GT

HDD: SATA

DVD/CD-ROM: IDE

And that's pretty much what I have in my computer (except for a card reader and a tv-tuner). I don't understand why it doesn't boot :dev:

Are there any hidden settings in the BIOS that I must take care of (disable)?

Btw: I have already tried to to change the SATA settings to "Compatible, IDE" and "AHCI".

Thanks! :censored2:

FINALLY! :blink: Used Kabyl's BIOS for P5Q Deluxe (thanks again)Initially had a lot of problems trying to get past the initial install until I figured out that the BIOS setting for the SATA drives needed to be AHCI ... no luck with IDE. Then after spending days changing my XP system over to AHCI :D loaded OSX using Kalyway 10.5.2

Selected ...

- 922 Kabyl

- Video - nvinject 512

- Sound - intel nvidia

- LAN - skge_marvel

- MOBO Chipset - all

- Patches - lastnetkassmbios

Everything works except sound.

Tried the Kalyway Combo update ... didn't work.

Also - can Kabyl's modified 0803 BIOS work for me? Most important question is - if I use his modified BIOS, will I still be able to run Vista as normal and Overclock my system as I was doing using the original 0803 BIOS?

It works for me.

I used the P5Q Deluxe and have the E8400 overclocked to 3.7. I have it so that it dual boots .... XP or OSX.I did find that the SATA had to be configured as AHCI in the BIOS (first screen) otherwise the install would start and then hang.

Doc

Ok some issues I've been having with my install

1. Booting back to Vista 64 Pro after using OSX. After I login to windows, the video goes corrupt, and I get a Blue Screen of Death. Upon rebooting into Vista again, all is well and everything works fine.

2. Clock in Vista is screwed up. Time is hours off. Searched and found the answer. OSX and windows adjust time based off different things. Registry hacks fix this... working on it now..

Is there a good chance of the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P working as well? It still has the ALC889A sound which seems to work well for Leopard. I'd rather opt P45 than the X38/X48 since Crossfire isn't critical.

Osx86 using stock Leopard-DVD and LS8_v11 install pack on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=115121

@poopdeckpappy:

The blue screen thing happened after the OSX install you said. Before you intalled OSX, did you change the SATA settings to ACHI in the BIOS?

If that's the case then I recommend you following this guide: http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=195867 (Method 2) to solve your problem. Apparantly the problem is that XP doesn't have native AHCI drivers, so you need to install them manually.

Hello all:

I have an Asus R1E-C1 (T9300 cpu, Intel X3100 GPU, Mobile Intel PM965 chipset (Crestline) 800MHz FSB + ICH8M, Intel Gigabit Ethenet, Intel 4965 wifi, Aziala sound) When I install leo4allv3 I get this same error. When I install leo4allv2, no problems. Any suggestions?

Alex

just found this topic after hours of searching and want to add something:

P5Q deluxe installs perfectly (had similar issues, however they were related to expressgate (!) and AHCI mode

i installed kalyway 10.5.2 from a sata dvd (ich10) on a dedicated hdd (don't want to mess with a bootloader, just choose correct harddrive by pressing F8 @bios load screen) with all correct drivers selected + vanilla kernel and everything went fine until i rebooted and got stuck on the grey apple screen with the grey circle spinning for hours

anyone with the same issue here to help???

I#LL TRY KALYWAY COMBO UPDATE + 10.5.4 from apple update once i sort this out

PS: sry for caps...)

Despues de romperme un poco los cuernos durante dos dias e conseguido por fin modificar la bios de mi P5Q-PRO, de la cual Kabyl no ha hecho mod todabia.

Gracias a un topic del foro donde mas o menos lo explica (aunque no del todo) y a base de empeño y lectura :) .

Con la bios de la P5Q-PRO no vale ninguna otra version de MMTOOL que no sea la V3.19_Mod_21FiX para el "Replace"

Con la 3.12 no la modifica correctamente y muestra "Boot Block in file is not valid".

Despues de modificar la bios correctamente, la primera prueba con Kaliway 10.5.1 instala perfecto en P5Q-PRO.

Por configurar queda:

Atheros Lan, dev:1026

Realtek HD Audio, dev:0888

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the break a little horns for two days and finally managed to change the bios of my P5Q-PRO, which Kabyl has not yet mod.

Through a topic of the forum where more or less what explains (though not entirely) and basis of commitment and reading.

With the bios of P5Q-PRO is not worth any other version of MMTOOL than V3.19_Mod_21FiX for the "Replace"

With the 3.12 not properly amended and shows "Boot Block in file is not valid."

After modifying the bios properly, the first test with Kaliway 10.5.1 installs perfect P5Q-PRO.

It remains to be set:

Atheros Lan, dev: 1026

Realtek HD Audio / dev: 0888

Unknown CPU, Unknown chipset

picture1nf7.th.png picture4xu3.th.png picture5ih2.th.png

greeting

Sorry for the Translation :D

MOD_P5Q_ASUS_PRO_0703.zip

P5Q deluxe installs perfectly (had similar issues, however they were related to expressgate (!) and AHCI mode

i installed kalyway 10.5.2 from a sata dvd (ich10) on a dedicated hdd (don't want to mess with a bootloader, just choose correct harddrive by pressing F8 @bios load screen) with all correct drivers selected + vanilla kernel and everything went fine until i rebooted and got stuck on the grey apple screen with the grey circle spinning for hours

anyone with the same issue here to help???

I#LL TRY KALYWAY COMBO UPDATE + 10.5.4 from apple update once i sort this out

I've done the install 3 times ... don't ask. :D

I had the same problem .... won't work unless drives are ACHI ...... expressgate is fine for me.

I used Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel AMD. Used 922 Kabyl, Vanilla and modbin and they all installed. NVinject 512 (for my video card) (nvinject did not work), skge marvel for LAN, all mobo chipsets and lasnetkassmbios patch. I had everything except sound. Sleep was hardware driven but worked like a charm, as did restart and shutdown.

Updated by Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update and then SU to 10.5.4. Lost CI/QE on update so I installed nvinject with nvinstaller v5.2. Also a shutdown/restart problem with the vanilla kernel but not with kabyl or modbin kernels

When I did the "update -v" for .3 update, it hung but I rebooted and it went straight to the desktop.

I updated to 9.4.0 modbinkernel last night and everything works great (except sound). Icons are orange. Build is much faster in .4 than .2.

Now to get the sound working. ;)

Doc