OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

Hello :D ,

I tried moddedbios, but each time I wanted to install Leo4all 10.5.2 it shows me this " Still waiting for root Device " :D is this problem comes from my IDE DVD NEC? or there are other modifications ?

Thanks

Look here ...... AD2000B Audio Codec

I did d/l it and tried to install it with OSx86 Tools "Install Kext". No luck!

Anyone care to give me details how to install it and what to delete from the extenstions folder (if necessary)?

I'll admit it. The last last time I physically used a mac was back in 1994! Things are MUCH different now!

Elnorel, i trust the osroms.net but is this bios ok?

It is difficult to read 120 posts and you did not write if this bios was a solution for you. By the way u asked also - and delo asked the same question, got this bios which did not help him.

is your osx running now, which version did you use for install?

thx

Next time read the whole THREAD.

There is P5Q PRO bios just recently added on this thread, just go few pages back.

i've installed the patched bios (asus p5qpro and nvidia card) then Leo4allv2 did the install (kalyway did not)

after the install - everything seems to be ok the system cannot boot from the hd.

i get "still waiting for root device) - bios is set to ahci mode

What do i do wrong?

Thank you

found the problem

P5Q Pro has two sata controller - if harddisk and cdrom are connected to sata2 (all the red sata connectors) then it will work.

I think there is no kext for the marvel controller.

now i have the problem that i do not have a kext for the lan controller

where is your hd connected? which connector - yellow or white ...or the red one? - for me it worked with the red one because for this you have the driver (perhaps for the yellow and white one there is no kext)

is your bios setting of sata ahci?

Yes my bios setting is on AHCi

But for the color il will see it niw

Thank you for your answer.

Peace

I have just read the whole topic and I assume that you must use SATA DVD drive to instal this - not IDE

Tranquilo, yo tambien soy muy malo con el ingles :D

P5Q-PRO MOD BIOS 0703 and the latest 1104

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=851492

Saludos.

Thanks Ranix, and all others giving help and advice in this forum, you saved my head from imploding!

After spending a whole day trying to get osx on my new rig, I finally found this forum thread which cleared everything up.

I am now triplebooting XP (for the kids), Vista (for me), and Kalyway 10.5.2 (just coz I can!)

Motherboad: Asus P5Q Pro

SATA DVDx1

SATA HDDx1

4gb ram

nVidia 9600GT

I have to switch SATA mode in bios between AHCI and IDE for windows or mac boot, a bit of a pain, but I can live with that for now.

Now to follow up on solving the network, sound, and enhanced graphics.

Notes: when installing from the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc, leave all the install options that are selected as they are. This gave me a painless install, the first time I tried to install I tried to be clever and make educated guesses at what should be selected, only gave me grief....

Let me know if you would like me to detail my triple boot install process (was actually pretty easy) easier than some of the guides I have read would have you believe, my windows installs never became corrupted.

:D