OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

Any one help me, everytime I install it, it restarts, but either just goes into to the original point(install again) or the bootlist apple p etc comes up

You gotta tell us your full setup.

If you have done what I think you have, you still have your Vista on SATA HDD1 and now have a second SATA HDD that you are installing Leopard onto.

Same principles apply as I have already described in previous post.

Are you doing this....

Boot install disc from SATA DVD ( What release of osx86 are you installing?)

If you are partitioning and formatting the whole second drive from disk utility, are you checking the option for MBR?

Okay, you have to babysit the install, don't wander off. You have to pull the DVD after you restart.

Then insert the gparted cd. Set your Vista as the boot. Boot back into Vista. Install EasyBCD and add the Mac to the boot list.

Remember to switch between AHCI and IDE in BIOS where necessary.

I haven't done this on my own machine, but have done this on another older chipset that didn't have problems with IDE, and that setup is SATA DVD, SATA HDD1(XP&Vista), IDE HDD2(Leopard&emptyNTFSpartition)

Let me know.

You gotta tell us your full setup.

If you have done what I think you have, you still have your Vista on SATA HDD1 and now have a second SATA HDD that you are installing Leopard onto.

Same principles apply as I have already described in previous post.

Are you doing this....

Boot install disc from SATA DVD ( What release of osx86 are you installing?)

If you are partitioning and formatting the whole second drive from disk utility, are you checking the option for MBR?

Okay, you have to babysit the install, don't wander off. You have to pull the DVD after you restart.

Then insert the gparted cd. Set your Vista as the boot. Boot back into Vista. Install EasyBCD and add the Mac to the boot list.

Remember to switch between AHCI and IDE in BIOS where necessary.

I haven't done this on my own machine, but have done this on another older chipset that didn't have problems with IDE, and that setup is SATA DVD, SATA HDD1(XP&Vista), IDE HDD2(Leopard&emptyNTFSpartition)

Let me know.

#

Right I have learnt something there.

I was doing it in GUID before, also I didn't know you had to use Gparted

Im using Kalyway 10.5.1 , PQ5 Pro Modded Of Course.

So when it restarts after saying Installation is complete, I pull the Dvd Out? Or not?

Highcontrast I don´t know nothing about dual boot but if you just want Leo to load to see that it works on you gear don´t pull it. Just let it run till the intrd line comes up and starts loading, let that run till it´s finnished (about 5 lines of nothing but dots) then hit enter then in the next step type 80 for your first drive if that´s where you installed Leo then hit enter again. Maby it´s easier to disconnect your windows drives for the time being. I mean this is just a tips if you just want to check out if this works for you. I managed to make it work using the "modified" download. Good luck

Woo Hoo

All I did was set the Hdd to boot first, didn't need BCD ETC

Booted up, and i have all 4 cores :o

My names Mac Pro :D

Superb.

The only things not working our

Shutdown/Sleep/Restart

Audio

Internet

Display(1024x768 when my screen is 1680x1024)

Congrats man glad you got it up running. My last two GA mobos the network worked out of the box. If you have onboard network on your mobo and an´t get it to work probably a cheap PCI network card will. Reboot you probably can fix (that is if you have a GA mobo don´t know for other brands) if you download LTLs v4.2 folder and switch your AppleACPIPlatform.kext with his, use kexthelper to do it. Display is probably cause you don´t have the right kext loaded for your video card but there are soloutions around here for many video cards if you look.

I have the GA EP45-Ds3 mobo and the q6600 cpu 8 gig memory GA 7300gs 256 PCIe video card Sata drives. Good luck

Woo Hoo

All I did was set the Hdd to boot first, didn't need BCD ETC

Booted up, and i have all 4 cores :D

My names Mac Pro :D

Superb.

The only things not working our

Shutdown/Sleep/Restart

Audio

Internet

Display(1024x768 when my screen is 1680x1024)

Sorted the Shutdown Restart etc :D

Still nothing on the others. I just want the net now, to start looking for solution on OS X

So ok - i got it working on my P5Q Pro with the Bios Mod + iATKOS 4.0!

Sound is working with the kext on Page ~3 or something ...

But my LAN isnt working! Tryed some other kexts, but none of them are working!

Can somebody help me please?

Can you provide the modified BIOS?

I've been struggling trying to get any version of Leopard booting.

I'm able to install off the DVD, but Leopard 10.5.4 will never fully boot regardless of boot options or BIOS settings.

Currently using v 1104 BIOS for my P5Q Pro MB.

I don't know about the PQ5 Pro, but for the PQ5 Deluxe there are 2 ethernet ports on the back, the upper one won't work (at least, not initially) but the bottom one will. Make sure you try both or all ports that your board has in case you can save a few bucks and not have to buy an adapter.

I don't know about the PQ5 Pro, but for the PQ5 Deluxe there are 2 ethernet ports on the back, the upper one won't work (at least, not initially) but the bottom one will. Make sure you try both or all ports that your board has in case you can save a few bucks and not have to buy an adapter.

Nah I don't think mine does :(

finnally the Kalyway is installed on my desktop with no sound anf no ethernet

Any kext for sound and ethernet

you don't have any kext for Realtek ALC1200 (P5Q) ?

First thing,

Well done lads, good to see your getting there!

@Delo - P5Q ALC1200 audio..... I found a file on this forum called P45audio.zip - that did the trick for me, used 'Kext helper b7' to install it and it worked without a fuss.

@MiahX - Dual boot WinXP and OSX, yes, you need to look up how to use the chain0 method. There is plenty of info on how to do this on the web. Easy to do.

@RGJT - Modded bios for P5Q Pro is in this thread. Read back through the pages!

@Starobrno1 - GA boards different to P5Q boards, Even the different models of P5Q boards have different onboard devices.

@Highcontrast - Yes, switching your HDD to boot was the other way to do it, I knew the problem was you had your DVD set to boot, that's why I said to remove the disc. Ethernet---- no driver solution for us P5Q Pro owners at the moment. To get around it, we have to use a PCI Lan card (Realtek chip is recognized easily by osx)

For some reason my lower LAN port only worked at first and then, once I did the 10.5.4 update both LAN ports now work no problem (P5Q deluxe).

As far as the audio is concerned. I did install the AudioAzalia.kext (whichever one is linked around here for the AD2000B) using OSX86 Tools.

Desite the successful installation, there is no audio hardware listed (About this MAC>More Info.>Audio).

Also, are you guys with successful audio using the SPDIF optical/coaxial connection and getting audio or are you using one of the analog speaker connections?

Bought a sata dvd and got kalyway 10.5.2 installed but with no lan and no sound. Will read up on hpw to fix that.

Can anybody confirm that the usb and firewire works?

Im using bitrips bios on a P5Q board (only 1 lan port)

I have a m-audio pci card that i installed but i dont think i have the pci slots up and running. Driver instller went well but the software cant find the pci card. Kexkt to fix?

im a total noobie :) can i add sound, lan and other drivers at this point or do i need to add this to the kalyway iso before buring/installing?

@Highcontrast - Yes, switching your HDD to boot was the other way to do it, I knew the problem was you had your DVD set to boot, that's why I said to remove the disc. Ethernet---- no driver solution for us P5Q Pro owners at the moment. To get around it, we have to use a PCI Lan card (Realtek chip is recognized easily by osx)

Dynamode 10/100 PCI Network Card Low Profile, Realtek Chipset

Would that suffice? Only £2.80

Hi,

i have the following system new built i want to partation the Hard Disk to two OS( Vista / Mac OSX)

i will be using the steps from the following link to Dual boot

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Vista_bootloader

which Image i should use to intall MAC OSX on this system ?

- Asus P5Q3 Deluxe wifi Motherboard

- Intel Core2Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz

- 4096 MB corsair cm3x 10666 Dual Channel Memory

- HD4870 ATI Sapphire 512MB DDR5

- 1TB Hard Disk Maxtor 32MB cash 7200 RPM

@ Yousef :

The P45 chipset is not compatible with Mac OS X, you should ask for Modded Bios first.

Ask Bitrip or Kabyl for modded Bios.

thnx Bitrip for the modded bios, now I have a fully working leopard, but still one problem which is the ethernet : Atheros AR8121/AR8113 PCI-E Ethernet Controller ( P5Q MB)

@ Yousef :

The P45 chipset is not compatible with Mac OS X, you should ask for Modded Bios first.

Ask Bitrip or Kabyl for modded Bios.

thnx Bitrip for the modded bios, now I have a fully working leopard, but still one problem which is the ethernet : Atheros AR8121/AR8113 PCI-E Ethernet Controller ( P5Q MB)

Seems the P45 is compatible with OSX my GA mobo has it and I just put in my old harddrive with Retail Leo already installed using LTLs method and it works. Also I managed to make a fresh Retail Leo install using 123 bootloader method using Chameleon and it works. Can´t be another P45 on Asus mobos can it?