OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

Realtek ALC1200 (80863a3e) running on P5Q-PRO, 2 channels Out, Micro In, Audio In, editing ALCInject and AppleHDA

/System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.Kext/Contents/Info.plist

imagen2tf0.th.png

Can you please provide more instructions what you did to get the sound to work.

Also, how did you get the network card to work?

Is there a special kext file that is required?

Thanks

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

imagen3yr9.th.png

imagen4ie5.th.png

No se si es del todo correcto, pero funciona.

Un saludo

I, too, tried the chain0 method when I did my very first mac os X install long ago, but I had similar luck at that time. I don't know if the method has improved, but I strongly dislike the chain0 method.

I have always had luck with Grub. If you only have windows and Mac and no linux you can still install Grub. Let me know if you try this and I can give you information on what to put as your grub entries if you have trouble. (But if you install it in windows then it will probably get the windows configuration correctly, and I posted what to use for Mac os X a few pages back.

Good luck! Sounds like you will have it going in no time, you are so close.

Yeah, WinGrub should work. I'll be more free a little later so I'll reply with more details then, but you might just try setting up WinGrub if you feel comfortable and see if it works. If not, wait until I reply in an hour or so.

I have acronis on my laptop, always works, but one trick was that when you got to the OS selector and it didn't find your mac os as an available oS then hit ctrl+alt+del and restart, I don't know why, but the restart that way causes it to redetect and it can see the mac os partition as an available os.

Back later.... had problems with what I was doing... :D:D

@starobmo1

That's a great news, but Yousef has a P5Q not GA

Yes I noticed that I thought you where talking about the P45 in general. Probably you guys are trying to make dual boot working did´nt look so close, I was thinking did you try the 123 boot stuff I did and it works really good. I can´t see why it should´nt work on an Asus mobo man Asus are really good stuf I have an old P4 P800 se Mobo it runs like a charm even with Retail Leo. My point is you might make it harder than it have to be. I´ve only tried it with Sata drives though and though it´s originally for Retail Leo I read people get it working with Kalys etc.

I have 3 problem with P5Q

1. sound ALC 1200 not work

2. HD3650 DDR 3/512 MB not work

3. Lan not work

any expert can help me to commend or show me to patch driver

Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600

MB : ASUS P5Q Modbios v 1306 bitrip

MEMORY : DDR2/800/4 GB

ATI (HIS) HD3650 DDR3/512 MB

HDD Seagate 80 GB SATA

DVD-RW SATA

kalyway 105.2

Describe the "reboot error screen" that you are getting. What does it look like?

I just downloaded the 10.5.3 combo update and installed it. (I was careful to install both of the things in it before rebooting, not just one.) And when I rebooted I was in 10.5.3. From there, I just did a normal Apple update using the normal apple update utility. No reboot screen of deaths for me...

Hi guys,

List of hardware i still need to install, any help would be great

MOBO ASUS P5Q

Atheros AR8121/AR8113 PCI-E ethernet controller

PCI\VEN_1969&DWV_1026&SUBSYS_82261043&REV_B0

Marvell 61xx RAID Controller

PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_6121&SUBSYS_82E01043&REV_B2

Realtek High Definition Audio

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_104382FE&REV_1001

For the P5Q Deluxe board with Marvell 88E8056/88E8001 the skge.kext.02e U.zip driver at this link works great:

Marvell 88E8056/88E8001 Driver

I used the Boot 132 method which allows you to load from the retail DVD. Ended up with no sound and no ethernet. Used P45audio.zip for sound and the skge.kext.02e U.zip for ethernet. Works for both ports. Now all I need is a driver for the X1950XT and I'll be set.

Looks like I've finally made the mod to the newest BIOS (1306) for the ASUS P5Q (just P5Q, without suffixes :-))

Thanks to Kabyl for the idea and David Tsu for his tutorial.

Link to the file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/142602623/p5q1306_mod.rar.html

please report results (but don't keep me responsible if anything goes wrong!)

It's a pity I can't follow the tutorial for mine (p45 neo3). I only have one instance of DSDT in the rom and no Hex for WAKh :)

I think these bios are a bit different as I haven't seem any MSI p45 hacked so far (unless I missed some).

Oh well...

Had the same issue. It was only resolved by using a sata DVD drive and enabling AHCI.

Hope this helps.

I find it strange that I'm unable to boot OSX86 DVD (I have tried several different OSX86 DVDs) without getting the "Still waiting for root device" error.

I've tried all the possible SATA settings.

Motherboard: P5Q-E (It is flashed with the modded BIOS)

Graphics card: XFX 8800GT

HDD: SATA

DVD/CD-ROM: IDE

And that's pretty much what I have in my computer (except for a card reader and a tv-tuner). I don't understand why it doesn't boot :(

Are there any hidden settings in the BIOS that I must take care of (disable)?

Btw: I have already tried to to change the SATA settings to "Compatible, IDE" and "AHCI".

Thanks! :D

Had the same issue. It was only resolved by using a sata DVD drive and enabling AHCI.

Hope this helps.

I find it strange that I'm unable to boot OSX86 DVD (I have tried several different OSX86 DVDs) without getting the "Still waiting for root device" error.

I've tried all the possible SATA settings.

Motherboard: P5Q-E (It is flashed with the modded BIOS)

Graphics card: XFX 8800GT

HDD: SATA

DVD/CD-ROM: IDE

And that's pretty much what I have in my computer (except for a card reader and a tv-tuner). I don't understand why it doesn't boot :(

Are there any hidden settings in the BIOS that I must take care of (disable)?

Btw: I have already tried to to change the SATA settings to "Compatible, IDE" and "AHCI".

Thanks! :D