eMac 1.24Ghz(2004), 40GB, 512MB, 17" CRT, KBD, Mouse = €15 +

To fix up = €15.25 +

Trainticket to fetch and return = €25.85

= TOTAL:€56.10

You do the math..........

and, with an attitude like this:

"but such InsanelyMAC membership is not credentable to us :)"

SticMAN

OMG BREAKING NEWS! EFIX IS NOW SHIPPING THE EFIX V.1 THEMSELVES!

http://www.efi-x.com/index.php?language=english

E-fix are now shipping the efix v.1 to countries who don't have resellers *RIGHT NOW*

Here we gooooo!! :):D

I myself am now saving up for an iMac, so an efix would now be pointless lol.

Sooooo..... who is going to pony up the 80 euros and do an impartial review then :) ?

I am currently trying to work out how I can afford a refurb Mac Pro, but doing the sums its not gonna happen for a little while, so if this efix stick actually works then it might provide me with a good interim solution for a hassle free way of keeping my hackintosh up to date.

Certainly don't plan on parting with any cash until I have seen some detailed 3rd party (i.e. independent) reviews though.

the truth is, we need to focus.....

this magic module is NOT going to make your sound work!

this magic module is NOT going to make your Graphics Card work!

this magic module is NOT going to install your PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard kexts for you!

this magic module is NOT going to set the refresh rate on your GMAX3100!

this magic module is NOT going to make your PC into an Apple....

it is ONLY going to provide you the facility to boot like an apple, hence being able to boot from the Retail DVD(which is what Boot 123 id offering you at the moment)

They have not bothered to test their module on standard systems like Dell or HP as they have not had the time yet!?

€80.00 my ass, I'd say!

SticMAN

hey, please stop trashing here... i am amazed how people can be piced off by something simple as this, lol :) StickMan you just lost 10 minutes of your life by getting all up in efi-x face :) Cheers!!!

Um, does anyone else find it amusing how the general consensus is that it's at best pointless and at worst a scam, with the exception of a very few vocal fanboys who come out of the woodwork at regular intervals before becoming disillusioned & disappearing?

I'm stil curious about the device itself, and can't wait to see the first *real* reports from someone who doesn't "workfororwithefi-xbutcan'tsaysobecauseofsomeludicrousagreement" but as far as the company is concerned, its' the emperor's new dongle; now with more new, imporoved nothing! Behaving like a branch of the russian mafia is no way to win consumer confidence.

I'm going to try and get one. I have no plans to buy a real Mac, not now, not ever. There are a few machines I use to run OSX part-time and the only reason I run it is for certain Firewire abilities no Windows machine has. The fact that Apple invented Firewire probably has something to do with that :(

This device would let me install and run my legally obtained OSX on those machines without worrying whether I need to use iatkos, jas, kalyway, leo4all, or any other distro just to get the OS installed. The forums are full of stories about installation headaches and booting nightmares depending on the exact hardware configuration.

This device would suit my needs perfectly. I only need to have OSX running on 1 machine at a time, depending on which one I'm using my Firewire software on at the time.

Am I worried about sending money off via Paypal and having it disappear? Absolutely. I've been burned in the past for a lot more than what EFiX costs, however. If I get a non-working device I can live with it, but I will one day - on whichever continent I have to go to - get satisfaction in-person if I have any trouble collecting a refund. My ultimate hope is that the device just works as claimed.

For one, it's SticMAN NOT StickMan, and It's my 10 minutes NOT yours!

If you don't know the dealing behind the story(of which i have first hand with them) don't comment!

SticMAN

hey, please stop trashing here... i am amazed how people can be piced off by something simple as this, lol :) StickMan you just lost 10 minutes of your life by getting all up in efi-x face :D Cheers!!!

Yay I might be able to get one..

As I you can see, I'm from Singapore (if you do not know, its a island city somewhere in Southeast Asia), and Malaysia, our nearest neighbouring country is Malaysia, and they are already selling there...

http://www.efi-x.com/index.php?option=com_...anguage=english

YAY...

but i am going to get a Mac, prob a MacBook Pro, so I not going to buy it...

For one, it's SticMAN NOT StickMan, and It's my 10 minutes NOT yours!

If you don't know the dealing behind the story(of which i have first hand with them) don't comment!

SticMAN

lol :D

I'm going to try and get one. I have no plans to buy a real Mac, not now, not ever. There are a few machines I use to run OSX part-time and the only reason I run it is for certain Firewire abilities no Windows machine has. The fact that Apple invented Firewire probably has something to do with that :P

This device would let me install and run my legally obtained OSX on those machines without worrying whether I need to use iatkos, jas, kalyway, leo4all, or any other distro just to get the OS installed. The forums are full of stories about installation headaches and booting nightmares depending on the exact hardware configuration.

This device would suit my needs perfectly. I only need to have OSX running on 1 machine at a time, depending on which one I'm using my Firewire software on at the time.

Am I worried about sending money off via Paypal and having it disappear? Absolutely. I've been burned in the past for a lot more than what EFiX costs, however. If I get a non-working device I can live with it, but I will one day - on whichever continent I have to go to - get satisfaction in-person if I have any trouble collecting a refund. My ultimate hope is that the device just works as claimed.

It does seem interesting. I'm not sure what the end cost would be after shipping and such. If it ends up costing $200 then it's not exactly throw away change. $125 makes it a more interesting gamble.

It's not clear why people are so hostile towards this. It will probably never be a popular device and so it probably won't even appear on Apple's radar. If it turned out to really work and the price dropped dramatically then you'd have to worry about Apple shutting down the whole community.

The bottom line is that it appears to be a neat gadget for hobbyists. I don't know why anyone would risk serious work on any hackintosh but that's really a difficult thing to judge.

I can't see the device making your life easier. The systems it supports already run well using almost any method. If sleep is not a priority then getting OSX running on gigabyte motherboards is not exactly that hard...

lstep

Another overlooked thing........

"The only limit is your skills... And your imagination.

• USB internal 10-1 pin (with extended size)"

I have a Dell Dimension 9200(XPS410) is has an "USB internal 10-1 pin (with extended size)" plug, but that means I have to disable my Media card reader permanently! Make sure your Mainboard has one, and you do not have to sacrifice some of your external USB ports to get it working

SticMAN

Another overlooked thing........

"The only limit is your skills... And your imagination.

• USB internal 10-1 pin (with extended size)"

I have a Dell Dimension 9200(XPS410) is has an "USB internal 10-1 pin (with extended size)" plug, but that means I have to disable my Media card reader permanently! Make sure your Mainboard has one, and you do not have to sacrifice some of your external USB ports to get it working

SticMAN

there is one with a usb hub, i going to be doing a review real soon

I'm sure it will be glowing with praise, however I will still be waiting for the first *real* review.

HEY! there is an update on efi-x site!

EFiX™ V1 in stock now.

To order EFiX™ V1 please use our contact form and submit the following:

EFiX™ Type: V1

<li>Your Motherboard (and any HCL information per our HCL)

<li>Desired Payment way: PayPal, Bank Transfer, Western Union

<li>Shipping address: A full address is necessary for shipping cost calculation

Note:

<li>We only sell EFiX™ V1 to consumers in countries which do not have resellers.

To see the entire Resellers list please check our "Where To Buy" page in Products menu.

<li>Shipping will commence only upon our reception of payment.

IS IT TRUE? mah!

HEY! there is an update on efi-x site!

EFiX™ V1 in stock now.

To order EFiX™ V1 please use our contact form and submit the following:

EFiX™ Type: V1

<li>Your Motherboard (and any HCL information per our HCL)

<li>Desired Payment way: PayPal, Bank Transfer, Western Union

<li>Shipping address: A full address is necessary for shipping cost calculation

Note:

<li>We only sell EFiX™ V1 to consumers in countries which do not have resellers.

To see the entire Resellers list please check our "Where To Buy" page in Products menu.

<li>Shipping will commence only upon our reception of payment.

IS IT TRUE? mah!

That is old news, I posted it a few days ago :D

Seems the closest europeans can get it from is Switzerland. Strange though is that the reseller (they even have a very poor youtube video with the osx dvd booting) says it´s manufactured in Germany but that company or at least parts of it seems to be located i Taiwan? Hmm I´m kind of interested in trying it out just for fun but the information about this device is not clear enough yet. For one they say they only have 200 handcrafted units so far but over on the reseller site it looks like you can order as many as you like if I interpret it right.