EFiX: OSx86 gone commercial?

723 posts in this topic

Where's the review?

c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon,

:angel:

yeap you can no problems
That's interesting as ekeaze wanted to use two ATI 2600 cards & that is not possible on any Hackintosh.

BTW It's also interesting that although you are the only person in the world who claims to have one of these devices even you haven't provided a review or even as much as a photo.

That's interesting as ekeaze wanted to use two ATI 2600 cards & that is not possible on any Hackintosh.

BTW It's also interesting that although you are the only person in the world who claims to have one of these devices even you haven't provided a review or even as much as a photo.

agian efi-x doesnt use any kext, the write there drivers by getting the source from the company

All this is pretty cool so show us the stuff we wanna try it out, I mean heck a month not to far from now I´d sure have some leftover money so I would be interested for sure but a scam no thanks. So show it´s for real and I´ll buy one in the close future and report back here. Man a few of us probably could even split the cost just to clear things up but I guess even one dollar in the wrong pocket is a dollar in the wrong pocket so we need proof here.

starobrno1 - we're in agreement here. My previous post was addressed to amantheboy. He says he has the device, but has to wait for 'clearance' to talk about it. I'm saying it's supposed to be 'out there' now so lets hear some reviews, see some pics etc.

Looking back in this thread it seems as if the post by amantheboy about needing clearance has now been deleted!

I ordered a device previous week on tuesday. They said they would ship it on wednesday. I still haven't got the device, which could be normal because they have to send it to Holland (I think they are located in Germany?). So the package could arrive today, but to be honest I am starting to get a bit worried now...

With all sides willing the device to get to Cybex soon, I would think it's going to get to him, soon! A very compatible looking system he has, there, too. Hopefully he has a good camcorder! Heck, Cybex, get a manager and sell your review! :)

Got to cut a startup company some slack. I look forward to reading reviews, plural, of this product.

I got a reply from efi-x with a track and trace number! They sent it from Taiwan indeed... It currently is at the customs in Amsterdam :rolleyes:
That's odd as according to their web site "EFI-X™ is made in Europe, utilising the very best construction standards.".

That's odd as according to their web site "EFI-X™ is made in Europe, utilising the very best construction standards.".

on iphine u can see next text  - Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in china.

So, i guess it's just cheap to assemble things in china, from parts made in other countries.

agian efi-x doesnt use any kext, the write there drivers by getting the source from the company

So you are saying there is _NO_ (as in _zero_) community provided code in EfiX? With "by getting the source from the company" you mean they read the hardware specifications provided by hardware manufacturers and write the drivers based on the specs? Thats very odd considering the amount of code already provided by the entire x86 as well as free/open bsd comunities.

So you are saying there is _NO_ (as in _zero_) community provided code in EfiX? With "by getting the source from the company" you mean they read the hardware specifications provided by hardware manufacturers and write the drivers based on the specs? Thats very odd considering the amount of code already provided by the entire x86 as well as free/open bsd comunities.
He doesn't write English very well so it's hard to tell what he means by that. My understanding is EFiX emulates the EFI BIOS of different motherboards. That's why you have to order based on a specific motherboard. As far as I know, very little has been done in the EFI area other than an intermediate layer (thanks, netkas) that translates calls for EFI functions to standard BIOS calls. EFiX seems to be actual EFI code itself. In that case there would not be any "kext" code in it at all, so he might be right.

BTW I think you overestimate the "contributions" of this "community" in this area. Fact is, 99.5% of hackintosh code is provided by Apple. The rest is provided by maybe 20 people. 20 people cranking out code used by hundreds of thousands of people does not meet my definition of "community". To me it translates into "20 dedicated people producing code for the leeches". The ratio of people actually contributing to the ones taking and using it is at least 10,000 to 1. You "our community this" and "our community that" types crack me up.