EFiX: OSx86 gone commercial?

723 posts in this topic

as for E-Fix and Helmut Von-Ninja..........

no! its not failed. I just saw a preview of this and all i could say was, wow, and nice. This is amazing from the gui down to its source. 2 hrs of best mac on pc experience

no! its not failed. I just saw a preview of this and all i could say was, wow, and nice. This is amazing from the gui down to its source. 2 hrs of best mac on pc experience

like i said in previous post..... e-fix 's TARGET CONSUMER IS US, the hack communtity, and with boot123 for free ( and already in use by alot of people ) , i doubt alot of people are gonna buy this thing ($120) just for a few second boot loader - bit o' fancy-ness, so therefore ....it is a fail . this is not gonna be in your local walmart and people are still gonna have to build with vanilla hardware, so i doubt it is gonna attract John Q Public either.

i am gonna earn about 120k this year and i still won't waste my money on this.....now if it were $40 or $50 bucks maybe..... i think the swedish ninja set the price before boot 123 came out and now he should lower it... he would sell alot more ( unless folks are dumb with their $$ )...... that would be a save as opposed to a fail

if i sell soda for a dollar a bottle and the next guy sells the soda for $3(regardless of the fancy bottle/label whatever)

... more people are gonna come to me to get a drink and i will sell more/make more $

i know boot123 is not for sale but it is available, cheap and perfectly functional!

well boot 132 is not meant for the average user. EFI-X is. Sure it might be alot. Its not a big company just wait it will go down. This is still better than buying a real Mac for way cheaper and getting the same benefit out of it. Its also not meant for the hack community.

Here is a bunched of unanswered question and really good stuff check it out

http://www.teknojunkie.com/apple/huge-efi-x-updates-preview/

Sure it might be alot.

unless folks are dumb with their $

well boot 132 is not meant for the average user

it is just a cd , right? with an extra cd drive installed you could just leave the disk in.

well boot 132 is not meant for the average user. E-FIX is

.. make no mistake about it ....an average user is not gonna buy this..... hell , people are still buying pcs with vista!

but it is very nice looking and its abilities are impressive, if it were $40 i would buy it.

this is mocap... ow great . I am kind of upset right now.

I've been beating around the bush for the last few months as all of you know just because of this so called 'NDA'...

now look at this link... it reveals so much that I could have told you ... but it really seems like the CEO fooled me by saying that I have to shut up though tells everyone else "the hidden secrets" of the project.

as an excuse to you folks I will do a service for you by bold letters of the linked article

pff... I think I'll leave the team now.

what team the efix why would u they are great people. these arnt secrets

Does anyone actually have this device? As far as I can tell from iHack13 experience this looks like some kind of {censored}hole nothing more. The company is unreliable and the members of this "miracle" device are just a bunch of idiots also looking for idiots who would give them money. Apparently netkas is with them.

Their website looks like {censored}, i would never even consider of buying from them.

i'm getting a little p*ssed off aswell. I'm from the UK, i've been checking the EFIX site daily, to see whether they have found someone willing to distribute their product over here. That's what outrages me. That they're currently only able to ship the device to minor countries, in which have probably never heard of OSX. Where there's not really a market for these devices.

EFIX has hundreds of people, mainly from the US and Europe wanting these damn devices, but they're too damn lazy to get off their asses and go look for retailers/distributers to sell their product!

It's all good, saying that your product does 'this and that' but the fact that you can sell it to the people who want it, well... you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Why brag about a product you've got which is so fantastic, trying to win us over... and exclude us from having it!?? I speak for Europe and the USA.

And the excuses keep piling up. June, July, now August. Bogus NDAs. Has anyone SEEN the device in action live and in-person, or have all the private demos been video presentations over the web? If nobody has ever seen once close enough to touch it then I would have to conclude the device doesn't exist. I can show you "magic" of all kinds of neat things over web video. My toaster baked a cake last week after I bolted some legs onto it. Really. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll show you a video that proves it.

Well... besides that review on "teknojunie" which again no offense is the worst written article I have seen on the internets in sometime. I have no problem with English not being your native language. But, than please for the love of god just write the article IN your native language. But, anyway supposedly amantheboy has previewed and reviewed it. So, yes it has been seen and "touch". Which I have no reason to believe is untrue. So, it does exist. But, it's not coming out in 15 days or i'll eat my hat.

Yeah, I just realized this after reading the posts a second time. I missed that the first time. I have no doubt it exists. But, I just don't care anymore. Unless it drives to my house and installs itself I won't own one. Or it's 12 dollars. :(

And the excuses keep piling up. June, July, now August. Bogus NDAs. Has anyone SEEN the device in action live and in-person, or have all the private demos been video presentations over the web? If nobody has ever seen once close enough to touch it then I would have to conclude the device doesn't exist. I can show you "magic" of all kinds of neat things over web video. My toaster baked a cake last week after I bolted some legs onto it. Really. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll show you a video that proves it.
Link please! How many euros?

Got to cut them some slack; they are a start up company, right? All start ups have a multitude of hiccups to begin with. Their mistake was starting the hype ball rolling way too soon, and now it has put potential customers off. I am always excited and appreciative of Netkas efforts :(. It looks like his hands are tied by a confidentially agreement. In a year's time, if they deliver, and if the price point is by then right, they could be doing good business. But based on what we have seen so far, you have to wonder what after sales and technical support would be like. Come on guys, hire a PR and get review copies out and make sure the reviewers have clear lines of technical support. Communication!

someone is gonna buy this thing from efix company(they don't seem to work well with deadlines) for $130 and then wait for the euro-samurai (efix ceo and co.) to send out updates to a bunch of different hardware builds in order to update ................. sounds like you are gonna be waiting a bit

............ :P i dont know why i am hating on efix so much!?!?!? :D

What is with all these secrets?? If you want to sell a product you have to be transparent and get some actual, reliable review from known companies (PC Mag, Engadget etc.), not a person posting on a forum. Why no video too? Is it that hard to take a video and get it on the Internet? That you at least give you some credibility.

Mr Mook Mook

He hasn't even seen it. He just had a conversation with the CEO who turned on the webcam for a while to demonstrate stuff. So it wasnt even touched.

yes it was touched he pulled it out showed it put it back in. and installed leopard and updated. this is real. I'm sorry if i did anything wrong. and sorry about my article not being well written my English is pretty rough lol. yes its true they changed their release date for quite awhile, i honestly have no clue why, I'm just saying August the 15th, because that's what they told me so yeah. well anyways sorry. Well the device is pretty stable. I know I hate the price to, but I can't do anything about it. and sadly English is my native language hahaha no joke

Link please! How many euros?

Got to cut them some slack; they are a start up company, right? All start ups have a multitude of hiccups to begin with. Their mistake was starting the hype ball rolling way too soon, and now it has put potential customers off. I am always excited and appreciative of Netkas efforts :rolleyes: . It looks like his hands are tied by a confidentially agreement. In a year's time, if they deliver, and if the price point is by then right, they could be doing good business. But based on what we have seen so far, you have to wonder what after sales and technical support would be like. Come on guys, hire a PR and get review copies out and make sure the reviewers have clear lines of technical support. Communication!

Well hardware video reviews will soon be up by them. and thanks for clearing stuff out

With that USB stick I just need to plug it and install Leopard with retail disk like a normal Mac ? In Notebook version there will be V1/V2, Deluxe, and Ultimate too ? Can I use an image from leopard reatil DVD or do i have to buy one ?