EFiX: OSx86 gone commercial?

723 posts in this topic

poster better post it again at hackint0sh, we at least doesnt delete topics there (which has nothing to do with puracy) :(

and Hagar is so angry because eh tried to get one device for free, for review, and failed :(

Topic has been removed from the front page, not deleted. Comparison with other sites is irrelevant & against the rules, but if I remove your flame, that's censorship, right?

I'm not angry, I think the way you've marketed your product is dubious, whether or not it works remains to be seen. The new news story was turning into a repeat of this one, so served no useful purpose, and it will be back as soon as there is some *news* because this is the front page *news* section.

I don't see why you're complaining about all the free advertising you get here, and as I've already said, I look forwards to reading a proper review at least as much as everyone else.

Guest BuildSmart
poster better post it again at hackint0sh, we at least doesnt delete topics there (which has nothing to do with piracy) :(

and Hagar is so angry because eh tried to get one device for free, for review, and failed :P

Now that's a lie, one of my employees made a post and you deleted it.

Hagar didn't fail, a device was offered to him and then out of someone's stupidity they couldn't get one delivered and after seeing how efficient the business handles it affairs he concluded the effort didn't justify the results.

A favorable review?

I know someone who would like to post a review of their purchase and found that their motherboard was not supported after fact and that the only support offer provided was to have the product upgraded at an additional expense.

Guest BuildSmart
>Now that's a lie, one of my employees made a post and you deleted it.

:(

proofs or didnt happen.

We already know you are not a man of your word, now you demand proof of a post that no longer exists?

I saw the post after he made it, the next day when I tried to show it to someone else it was gone, are you denying this post never existed and that you did not delete it?

I posted this in a thread "First look at Efix" where did that one go don´t tell me you deleted that one where people actually starts report how it works but keep this one love hate Efix thread that has absolutely no value what so ever. We wanna know if this device work as promised from the manufaturer. Poking around with OSes and computers can be kind of fun from time to time but the main reason I´m here is I want to be able to use them. Imagine the amount of hours I could have done something else instead of searching this and other forums endless numbers of threads if this Efix thing allready was out when I first joined here. So please spare the newcomers from this if they wanna go the Efix way instead.

Qoute

Posted on: Today, 07:09 AM

InsanelyMac Sage

Group: Members

Member No.: 173,063

Good thing we finally got some info and that someone was brave enough risked his money and finally took the step so lets focus on the important stuff here now and leave the silly stuff out, in this thread we wanna know how it works. Please create another thread if you wanna discuss from the love hate this thing point of wiev and also I can´t see why we can´t have a from a leagal point of wiev thread to keep this one clear focusing on feeding info about:

What hardware that´s not listed does it work for, will you get a more stable system, perhaps way better performance out of your gear, any bugs, deliverytime, local pricing etc etc. Who knows maby you even can contact them get a special offer for X amount of units if people here team up for a "bulk" buy.

End of Quote

now that my posting rights have been restored ( dont know why they were suspended in the first place but,..)........ anyway.........

is this thing like an external efi? sort of like getting a mobo with efi? i hope these guys are around long enough to update and support this device. i have already ordered one.... i guess i got money to burn

Unfortunately an admin, made the new topic invisible, as he didnt consider it news? Even though I had pictures of the device I just received and was working towards reviewing it. A little power tripping I think. The topic should be back soon, and if not, I will not be contributing to this forum anymore.

Unfortunately an admin, made the new topic invisible, as he didnt consider it news? Even though I had pictures of the device I just received and was working towards reviewing it. A little power tripping I think. The topic should be back soon, and if not, I will not be contributing to this forum anymore.

;) whats that? a search for the difference/mistake . let's start to riddle xD

Please, no offense, guys, but what has the new thread added? Whatever the intention it reads like fan boy spammers with a vested financial interest up against flamers. One big embarrassed wince. For the sake of all concerned, couldn't the Mods and News Team get together and merge the threads and trim them down to the history, timeline, progress and, hopefully, detailed, honest, warts n' all reviews?

Please, no offense, guys, but what has the new thread added? Whatever the intention it reads like fan boy spammers with a vested financial interest up against flamers. One big embarrassed wince. For the sake of all concerned, couldn't the Mods and News Team get together and merge the threads and trim them down to the history, timeline, progress and, hopefully, detailed, honest, warts n' all reviews?

Love to, but I've got a busy day on, sometimes less time-consuming solutions have to be found.. My previous attempt at quality assurance was met with what you see here.. sorry.

In the meantime, we're all still waiting for that all-important first review.

I have been looking at these forums for a few days, as I have been with the need to build a hackintosh, and this seems like the best place to get help, and info.

However I also saw something about this little device EFI-X, and then found this thread, as I figured if any forum would know something about the thing, it would be this one.

At any rate, just figured I would give you all the heads up that Gizmodo did a little review on this thing today : http://gizmodo.com/5049756/review-efix-don...forms-pc-to-mac

Though I look forward to seeing what you all have to say about it, as people around here, should be able to pick it apart pretty well, and talk about the nitty gritty of it all.

Perhaps this will calm everything down a bit?

I have been looking at these forums for a few days, as I have been with the need to build a hackintosh, and this seems like the best place to get help, and info.

However I also saw something about this little device EFI-X, and then found this thread, as I figured if any forum would know something about the thing, it would be this one.

At any rate, just figured I would give you all the heads up that Gizmodo did a little review on this thing today : http://gizmodo.com/5049756/review-efix-don...forms-pc-to-mac

Though I look forward to seeing what you all have to say about it, as people around here, should be able to pick it apart pretty well, and talk about the nitty gritty of it all.

Perhaps this will calm everything down a bit?

I just want to know what's on the thing so the DIY community can make one themselves! I'd love to jump on it myself, but school just started and $155 is a lot of pizza and beer. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Let me tell you guys about my experience with EFI-X.

So the other day I ordered one off efixusa.net. After going through the payment process I look back and turns out the page wasn't even encrypted. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it did worry me a bit... Two days ago, I check my bank account to see if the ordered had processed or not. There were no new transactions except for one for $1.72 by a company called AccuData who I have never done business with in my life. After further research, I found out that AccuData is a fraud company that resides in Texas. I ended up having to cancel my credit card because of all this EFI-X garbage. I have no idea where you guys are getting your real EFI-Xs from, but I can assure you that efixusa is a scam.

Now without a credit card for 5 to 7 days,

Colonel

The first look at Efix thread is locked. Good thing that I read this last posters comment!!! I was going to buy it from the efix US site...but also noticed that the credit card section isn't even secure. Anyone elso order the US site yet?

The first look at Efix thread is locked. Good thing that I read this last posters comment!!! I was going to buy it from the efix US site...but also noticed that the credit card section isn't even secure. Anyone elso order the US site yet?

EFiX USA,

Thank you for your concern about EFiX USA. We don't charge credit card when we you place an order, we take 5 to 7 business days to process credit card. For the time being, as we are really backed up by our existing orders, we should be up todate by mid Oct 08. We just stop taking orders until we ship all our existing orders. here is our email address: info@efixusa.com or efixusa@gamil.com.

Thanks EFiX USA LLC.