EFiX: OSx86 gone commercial?

723 posts in this topic

It is the 15th (well, here in Canberra at least) and I see no progress, no independent reviews, no reviews for that matter, only hearsay from people on this forum who claim to have seen long videos that no one else have seen. So where are the sold products? This is turning into a 'Duke Nukem Forever' vaporware.

Mr Mook Mook

But the sad thing is; the joke isn't even funny. :D And they expect people to buy a product from them?!? And an $120 dollar product at that.

Mr Mook Mook

Yes, you're right... Even if it's gonna come out sometime in the next 100 years the price is ridiculously high. I will just not care about efi-x anymore :D

It's time for the mods to lock this thread, its pointless. Its no longer news, and until it is in peoples hands we don't need to talk about it anymore.

Damnit... i've lost all the faith I had in EFIX :blink: It's over! They're all complete idiots! Perhaps, instead of bragging about the product "weeks" before its even close to be manufactured if it is being manufactured, they should have released the news once they had secured suppliers and manufactured the product. Now they have ALOT of haters out there. Including me.

EFIX you've really let us all down! :D:P;)

It's time for the mods to lock this thread, its pointless. Its no longer news, and until it is in peoples hands we don't need to talk about it anymore.

Timeframe for that is around 100 years! Has eFix actually sent out any demo units (if they exist) or actual consumer units?

Mr Mook Mook

Timeframe for that is around 100 years! Has eFix actually sent out any demo units (if they exist) or actual consumer units?

Mr Mook Mook

I believe they sent one to netkas, but his video was a joke. He didn't even show the product, he just showed his monitor, booting OSX, claiming it to be EFIX. It wouldn't surprise me if this was one massive hoax. And netkas, took part in it. They don't seem to be willing to send out test products to any trustworthy members here. Which explains it all.

For a start, they lied about there site. They said someone had messed with it, before the launch? here we are a month later and it's still got nothing useful on it. They have put no effort into maintaining their website, they've not cared to address us of the situation. I wouldn't be surprised if those product pics on the site are photoshopped... they look it.

I bet you, August 15th is the day EFIX died..

I believe they sent one to netkas, but his video was a joke. He didn't even show the product, he just showed his monitor, booting OSX, claiming it to be EFIX. It wouldn't surprise me if this was one massive hoax. And netkas, took part in it. They don't seem to be willing to send out test products to any trustworthy members here. Which explains it all.

For a start, they lied about there site. They said someone had messed with it, before the launch? here we are a month later and it's still got nothing useful on it. They have put no effort into maintaining their website, they've not cared to address us of the situation. I wouldn't be surprised if those product pics on the site are photoshopped... they look it.

I bet you, August 15th is the day EFIX died..

Was it really ever alive? And also if they want to become reputable go with a respectable reseller not some weird unknown reseller in small countries.

Speak for yourself. Don't read it if you don't find it interesting.

The saga of this device has a long way to go. Many people will find it worth the price even though some have already pronounced it "too expensive". That's a judgment call everyone will make for themselves.

It's possible that netkas is one of the major people in the company to start with. He hasn't said that publicly, but why would they send him a sample when he's one of the few people able to understand it, duplicate it and sell his own version for less? Makes no sense.

If I was a betting man I'd bet netkas = EFiX. I could be wrong. I was wrong about Psystar being a hoax. That's the beauty of a theory. You get to see whether you were right or wrong as events play out and evidence accumulates. A lot of people have their own theories on the EFiX device and they will all be proven right or wrong as time goes on. There is absolutely no reason to close this thread.

Right... You are in contact with them? If so, where are the reviews? Where is the video that should be on their site? We have to wait a couple of days (again)? They really have a communication problem!

It's the 16th now, here in the UK...

So... what the hell was that "August 15th" bullcrap about...

Amantheboy... umm... :) what were you thinking? Here we are 2 weeks later and... well... nothings changed..

well. thats what i heard. but we are figuring out whats up

It seems to be an interesting peace of hardware, maybe in the future if they have more choices of hardware on the list.

I got my first computer when I was 12 ... since them I've seen many, many procs and systems. The most important thing is to have a system with stable hardware, and an os which can use this hardware as good as possible ... and not pricy - this was almost the death of apple until microsoft came (of course bringing intel within the coup) and save them from bankrupt. Although the ibm-pc with microsoft dos was a mess, the system was open and got very fast accesible for everyone.

I'm afraid that intel (and of course with microsoft not far away from it ) are trying to keep mac osx - which is suppost to be a freeBSD - confined in their houses and so the prices as high as possible. And this is not a matter of quality (like in vista or the first non intel processors in the early '90 like cyrix and others ). Then the rule is simple, if there is more than one to choice, the better the quality and the prices!

I have in my home an amd and intel system, both have good and bad things. You just need to know this ... if yu use intel then with nforce-nvidia, if you use amd then with amd/via-ati. Mixtures are bad - f.e. the nforce 5XX-sli for amd. Its okay for windows, if you have a monolitic unix-kernel, don't use it.

Just pledging for a not poor list of choices for mac os x!

R.

Max

as far as I know they wanna start shiping in few days.

I have little doubt that they "wanna" start shipping in a few days.

So I guess, we'll have to wait a few days longer.

I just hope, this EFI-X will let me play Duke Nukem Forever for GNU HURD on my generic intel box...