ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

i dont know which the driver support for my graphic card. I have try download and install the packages ATI Radeon HD.zip but still not working.. theres dont have for my graphic card series.. anybody can make the driver for my graphic card series? ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics?

Sorry for my english is too bad :(

Makton,

I think it won't be that easy for us with this 3650-thingy B)

I had some hours these days, messing up with the plists of ATI2000X and Natit,

but even adding the 9596 ID and pointing out Triakis when necessary,

didn't have any success. The damn thing just refuses to work...

Nevermind, i can't post a pic right now, but i think i saw in Natit's info plist

that the two monitors (0 and 1) were defined as type "LCD".

Well, this might sound funny, cause i ain't a pro in tweaking plists,

but i think that might be the cause - at least in my case.

I am using a CRT-monitor, and because the card has 2 DVIs

(why the hell not a single VGA-port included?), i have to use

a DVI-DSub converter also...

Dunno.With my old GeForce 6800 TD with a single VGA-port,

i have never had any headaches getting the display to work properly.

the new driver doesnt work. Its true, but...

i have the same 3650AGP like you, and my one is working.

im running on 10.5.5.

and im using the previous version of the driver.

I can change resolution, i have qe/ci.

All i did after my last combo update, i removed all the ATI kexts in single user mode, and reinstalled the drivers.

DL link for the driver:

Enjoy

I know that its not the latest, but it will do the trick until we get a new working one.

post-50292-1232662181_thumb.png

Revengangel,

Thanx a lot for your info.

Could it be i am the most damned in this section.

being perhaps the only one that can't get it to work ?! :D

Thank you for the suggested package, too.

Before i start - could you please provide just a basic

info for what steps you took?

And i suppose, you ain't on a CRT-monitor with a D-Sub converter...

Greetings

UPDATE

Wooooooooorks !!!

Revengangel, i can't describe you how grateful i am to you !

I was so pessimistic this would work out for me, that i even did not

do anything "the right" way - just removed all ATI* and Natit.kext

quickly, ran the installer you provided and directly rebooted !

The system was even not touched at all, cause i use it as a test platform

(base install of a new 10.5.6 version, and with 9.4.0 StageXNU - which is a kernel

i try out for a first time), so i highly doubted it would have sense,

having no 10.5.5 base installed at the moment.

But after having restarted?

Quick look in Profiler - WTF ?! It works ?! Impossible :D

I am so happy now, THANK YOU 1000 times for your help,

i have been struggling with this issue for almost 10 days !

I wish you good health and all the best ! You are THE MAN !

*Going to do a new stable and clean install* :D

Works__.tiff

I'm up here on Iatkos 10.5.5 with 0x9596 with everything. THANKS Revengangel!!!!! Going to see if I can adjust it to use the AGP settting instead of the PCI. Will be right back on how that works.

Update: AGPGart with Revengangel drivers are not a good combo, but I tested the speed and I think this is a perfect fix. Those drivers need to replace the ones on the front of this thread :P

I would like to announce that there are updates coming however it looks like we are waiting on a few new frame buffers before in progress can be made on the mobility cards.... Please be patient we will make updates to this page as they become available.

Thanks.

That's a helpful update, thanks for posting. I - like many mobility users - am just dying to get my greasy little mits on a mobility driver .... when the time comes that you need testers, please post back here. I don't mind trying it. 

Thanks ridgeline

Uhmmmmm ... I have a solution for HD3650 ..... I will buy a nVidia card :(:)

Why waste the money if you already have the thing? The older drivers worked perfect for me and I'm researching the differences between the older (working) drivers and the current ones to make a working current set. I'm sure that Ridge is right and megalodon needs to be patched, but my card wasn't even trying to load the blasted thing. I'm going to play.

Just to let you know, my comment is not stating that ATI is better than nvidia. Just stating the point that you would not need to purchase a second card and then attempt to sell the current to get your money back. Just use the card you have.

I installed using iPC and I get a crazy garbage screen after boot. I boot -x and its all good, so I figured it must be my video drivers. I selected them when installing, but it doesn't seem to be working. So I downloaded the ones from this list and I get the garbage screen still, but when I boot -x I get an error about incorrect installation, even though I used the installer download to install...

My card is a Visiontek 3650HD Overclock Edition.(PCIE) :wacko:

Specs:

Core 2 Quad 6600 | 3gb RAM | Gigabyte EP45-UD3R Mobo | 500gb SATA HDD

the new driver doesnt work. Its true, but...

i have the same 3650AGP like you, and my one is working.

im running on 10.5.5.

and im using the previous version of the driver.

I can change resolution, i have qe/ci.

All i did after my last combo update, i removed all the ATI kexts in single user mode, and reinstalled the drivers.

DL link for the driver:

Enjoy

I know that its not the latest, but it will do the trick until we get a new working one.

Doesnt work for me. Corrupted screen. ASUS HD3650 SILENT AGP 512MB DDR2. iPC 10.5.6 (without any PPF) new installation.

I been doing some research between the new and old drivers and the Distro that is working for me I wanted to give you the information on the ATI part of my testing. I have been reinstalling the OS time and time again to see which options are the problems I have also been testing the Driver part to see where the video works and where it doesn't.

Attached is text of lspci from my system to see what I'm working with. It is an old Thinkcentre 8189 with and AGP HD3650, USB2 PCI card, and an SB Audigy. I'm using iATKOS iV5 as it is the only distro that will boot, install, and work after all is said and done.

Here is the working setup that includes the video working.

Chameleion EFI-8 (I think, the last number on it is .11)

ToH Kernel 9.2.0

OSX 10.5.5

Old ATI drivers using Triakis

EFI-9 (have last number if .12) working on my computer, but neither old or new drivers will work if I use this.

Every other kernel I try have failed with a freeze or reboot. can't get any 9.5.0 or 9.6.0 to work.

Upgrading to 10.5.6 kills the video, even when the drivers are reinstalled

Trying the new driver locks system up with pixelated graphics the same as using the EFI-9 and using OSX 10.5.6

The new drivers have Megalodon in the ATINDRV.kext, which has permission issues. I compaired Triakis to Megalodon and found an option turned on in Megalodon that was not in Triakis. I'll be posting in a couple other places to see about my kernel issue, but will probably crash to system after I'm done typing this up. However, I hope this helps to the driver working better.

system.txt

ATI Radeon HD Update: 2 Days after new years

Link for the installers untill have the first post fixed

Also Give thanks to Netkas, Eps, JaS, ParanoidSe (Paranoid) and all the testers in #RadeonHD channel ;)

FAQ: Coming soon

ATI Radeon HD 3650 pcie

Device ID: 9598

Download Intel

I try to install for ATI Radeon 3650 512MB in 10.5.6.

I can boot as safe mode, but, failed in normal boot.

Is there somebody success?

Attached is text of lspci from my system to see what I'm working with. It is an old Thinkcentre 8189 with and AGP HD3650, USB2 PCI card, and an SB Audigy. I'm using iATKOS iV5 as it is the only distro that will boot, install, and work after all is said and done.

ToH Kernel 9.2.0

OSX 10.5.5

Trying the new driver locks system up with pixelated graphics the same as using the EFI-9 and using OSX 10.5.6

The new drivers have Megalodon in the ATINDRV.kext, which has permission issues. I compaired Triakis to Megalodon and found an option turned on in Megalodon that was not in Triakis. I'll be posting in a couple other places to see about my kernel issue, but will probably crash to system after I'm done typing this up. However, I hope this helps to the driver working better.

I checked your permission problem of lastexile ATI 3800 PCIe Series (normal, not AMD) (2.1.2009)

The lastexile .pkg content didnt have permissions set wrong - they are all OK!

But:

In the lastexile ATI 3800 PCIe Series (normal, not AMD) there is NO! Triakis plugin within the ATINDRV.kext installed by this .pkg!

Means: If you didnt had installed an ATINDRV.kext with Triakis.plugin already=before, Triakis is not installed by that .pgk.

Can only be an problem if someone uses 3870 X2 - thats the only card which is linked in NATIT.kext to Triakis framebuffer, all other use Lamna framebuffer (within ATINDRV.kext).

This card, 3870 X2 is the only card type which is linked to Triakis FB in natit.kext, all others use LamnaFB, which is installed by the .pgk.

The newer Megadolon FB , within ATIRNDRV.kext, is never linked by natit.kext , so never used if you use this natit.kext within that .pkg !

You are right that with that lastexile ATI 3800 PCIe Series.pkg the Lamna FB has some different setting for

key

PP_GFXClockGatingEnabled

value

0 // disabled here in Lamna, enabled in Megadolon //

The not used!!! MegadolonFB with that .pkg (because natit.kext links to LamnaFB) has that PP_GFXClockGatingEnabled = 1 = enabled

, what ever that mean.

Perhaps lastexile can tell us what that key may do / whats for the key.

I try to use your way right now, then I'll let you know the result.

I used boot-132 using USB Stick, small different. ^ ^

Makton, would you provide me updated driver file?

I been doing some research between the new and old drivers and the Distro that is working for me I wanted to give you the information on the ATI part of my testing. I have been reinstalling the OS time and time again to see which options are the problems I have also been testing the Driver part to see where the video works and where it doesn't.

Here is the working setup that includes the video working.

ToH Kernel 9.2.0

OSX 10.5.5

EFI-9 (have last number if .12) working on my computer, but neither old or new drivers will work if I use this.

Every other kernel I try have failed with a freeze or reboot. can't get any 9.5.0 or 9.6.0 to work.

I had no luck using the new 2600XT PCIe 10.5.6 drivers in 10.5.5...black screen. Is there any drivers for 10.5.5?

The 10.5.6 drivers for 2600HD worked perfectly though with my HD ( have both ) but it would be nice to have the slightly faster XT card working in 10.5.5.