ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

I checked your permission problem of lastexile ATI 3800 PCIe Series (normal, not AMD) (2.1.2009)

The lastexile .pkg content didnt have permissions set wrong - they are all OK!

But:

In the lastexile ATI 3800 PCIe Series (normal, not AMD) there is NO! Triakis plugin within the ATINDRV.kext installed by this .pkg!

Means: If you didnt had installed an ATINDRV.kext with Triakis.plugin already=before, Triakis is not installed by that .pgk.

Can only be an problem if someone uses 3870 X2 - thats the only card which is linked in NATIT.kext to Triakis framebuffer, all other use Lamna framebuffer (within ATINDRV.kext).

This card, 3870 X2 is the only card type which is linked to Triakis FB in natit.kext, all others use LamnaFB, which is installed by the .pgk.

The newer Megadolon FB , within ATIRNDRV.kext, is never linked by natit.kext , so never used if you use this natit.kext within that .pkg !

You are right that with that lastexile ATI 3800 PCIe Series.pkg the Lamna FB has some different setting for

<dict>

<key>key</key>

<string>PP_GFXClockGatingEnabled</string>

<key>value</key>

<integer>0</integer> // disabled here in Lamna, enabled in Megadolon //

</dict>

The not used!!! MegadolonFB with that .pkg (because natit.kext links to LamnaFB) has that PP_GFXClockGatingEnabled = 1 = enabled

, what ever that mean.

Perhaps lastexile can tell us what that key may do / whats for the key.

Mitch: LastExile has Megalodon in ATINDRV with the wrong permissions. Looking at a normal driver set from my Macbook, Megalodon is only in ATIRNDRV and not in both ATINDRV and ATIRNDRV.

Also, Megalodon is an upgrade to Triakis which is why Triakis is not in the newer driverset. Also, the NATIT in the new driver does not point my card to Lamma. Natit points my card to Alopias which is the X1800 driver.

So, should I be using Lamna or Megalodon with my HD 3650AGP? I'm currently using the old drivers which is using Triakis.

hi guys ......is there any way to get the mobility hd 3650 work for 10.5.5? pls help me .......

thanks and peace

There is currently no mobility support for radeon HD. It is a combination of things that are causing it not to work but, at this point we are waiting on a new driver release from apple with new Frame Buffers

Mitch: LastExile has Megalodon in ATINDRV with the wrong permissions. Looking at a normal driver set from my Macbook, Megalodon is only in ATIRNDRV and not in both ATINDRV and ATIRNDRV.

Also, Megalodon is an upgrade to Triakis which is why Triakis is not in the newer driverset. Also, the NATIT in the new driver does not point my card to Lamma. Natit points my card to Alopias which is the X1800 driver.

So, should I be using Lamna or Megalodon with my HD 3650AGP? I'm currently using the old drivers which is using Triakis.

1. I can see that , using pacifist to check the .pkg content, lastexiles permissions are OK

2. I can see that lastexile has megadolon plugin only in ATIRNDRV, which is also OK

I dont know how you have checked your permission / double megadolon FB things

So if you install that you will not have wrong permissons and no double mgeadolon fb.

You will only get an double megadolon FB (in ATINDRV, which is wrong) if your existing ATINDRV had already (wrong) megadolon plugin !

.pkg installs adds+overwrite files, but not remove files which arent in the .pgk !

1. I can see that , using pacifist to check the .pkg content, lastexiles permissions are OK

2. I can see that lastexile has megadolon plugin only in ATIRNDRV, which is also OK

I dont know how you have checked your permission / double megadolon FB things

So if you install that you will not have wrong permissons and no double mgeadolon fb.

You will only get an double megadolon FB (in ATINDRV, which is wrong) if your existing ATINDRV had already (wrong) megadolon plugin !

.pkg installs adds+overwrite files, but not remove files which arent in the .pgk !

I don't know what drivers you are looking at as the new ones on the front of this page have Megalodon in ATINDRV with wrong permissions. I found this out by using pacifist. I attached a picture just to show you. If you have something different, please upload it.

Current_Drivers.tiff

I am having problems with my ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro, 10.5.6. I am trying to use the newest drivers, but there is a problem with the framebuffer (blue screen/black mouse, Random changing black bars, does not wake from sleep). In the 10.5.5 Drivers I had a blue screen/black mouse problem that i fixed by killing loginwindow to restart the framebuffer. I could not install the .command file to restart the framebuffer, plus, it probably would not work, any ideas?

I am having problems with my ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro, 10.5.6. I am trying to use the newest drivers, but there is a problem with the framebuffer (blue screen/black mouse, Random changing black bars, does not wake from sleep). In the 10.5.5 Drivers I had a blue screen/black mouse problem that i fixed by killing loginwindow to restart the framebuffer. I could not install the .command file to restart the framebuffer, plus, it probably would not work, any ideas?

I have some problems too. When I install those drivers my whole screen got crashed and I have massive graphic bugs.

I'm running 10.5.6 retail with hd 2600 pro

There is currently no mobility support for radeon HD. It is a combination of things that are causing it not to work but, at this point we are waiting on a new driver release from apple with new Frame Buffers

Ridgeline, what are the chances for Mobility support after the New FRAMEBUFFER arrives?

I have Mobility HD 2600. Is there a chance I can get a better resolution I'm not bothered about the QE/CI right now?

As some people already said I have my ATI HD2600 Pro going black a few seconds from time to time too. Running latest 2 jan driver on 10.5.5.

I will try the old 10.5.5 package tomorrow.

I think the older 10.5.5 package works a little better with ATI HD2600 PRO on 10.5.5 than the 10.5.6 package, no black screen blinks, but still I can´t have dual monitors. Both monitors are found ( Syncmaster and Syncmaster VGA ) but it is impossible to have the other screen ( VGA ) screen working, only black. It is like both screens are on top of each other but when I try to adjust arrangement I cant move anything to the second monitor anyway.

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3650 on Kalyway 10.5.2

Install worked perfectly, resolution set to 1680 x 1050 without errors. Thanks a bunch! Will edit with results for dual 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Ok, just put my second screen into the system, booted up perfectly with all the right settings, not 1 error. Thanks!

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB

LG Flatron M2294D 22" widescreen HDtv Primary screen

Acer X203w 20" widescreen Secondary screen

ab und zu mal fresse halten schlüpper

ATI Radeon HD 3450 & 3470 pcie

Device ID:

Coming soon

?????????????????????

what is coming soon?

hi bigfish

so langsam wird´s richtig peinlich.

shame on you