ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

I've got my Club 3d Radeon HD3650 Silent-Card almost perfectly working with the package mentioned some pages before on this thread. The only problem i know of is that my DVI-Ports are switched on every reboot (but without chaning the information of the screens) - because i have 2 different monitors, the smaller one stays black and i have to swap the dvi-cables. kind of annoying. but otherwise : big up for the drivers!

hi

i'v read http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...7526&st=631

from page 32 - page 36

I find that you got a 3470 driver without QE or CI

but I can only see a part of driver files in the attachment , and I don't know the other files I need

and I can't get I got artifacts or black screen again at logon screen.

can anybody give me a full driver of Ati HD 3470?

thanks.

and sorry for my poor English

I would like to announce that there are updates coming however it looks like we are waiting on a few new frame buffers before in progress can be made on the mobility cards.... Please be patient we will make updates to this page as they become available.

Thanks.

Fantastic. Regardless of whether it works or not, it's progress :P

AWESOME !!! My MObility HD 2600 will be eagerly waiting for some food....!

I would like to announce that there are updates coming however it looks like we are waiting on a few new frame buffers before in progress can be made on the mobility cards.... Please be patient we will make updates to this page as they become available.

Thanks.

I have a Sapphire Ati Radeon 2400 Pro 256 MB PciE. I installed it with your installer but before getting the desktop it turns my monitor off. I can't get into safe mode, I can get into single user command line mode. It seems the device ID (0x094c31002) is not in the info.plist for ATIRadeonX2000.kext so I added it, but still no desktop.

I'm on iAtkos V5i 10.5.5. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

I have a Sapphire Ati Radeon 2400 Pro 256 MB PciE. I installed it with your installer but before getting the desktop it turns my monitor off. I can't get into safe mode, I can get into single user command line mode. It seems the device ID (0x094c31002) is not in the info.plist for ATIRadeonX2000.kext so I added it, but still no desktop.

I'm on iAtkos V5i 10.5.5. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Use the method of el_rocje at page 43 of this topic or the method of demone (find the Topic). With your card (94c3) I have QE/CI supported.

Giorgio

Same here, even with another model (see above)

No, you're not doing anything wrong. I talked with LastExile last night,

and he said it was the drivers, not being finished/fixed at 100 %,

and the kexts themselves (from 10.5.4 onwards - not "compatible", so to say ;))

So, we'll have to wait and post back feedback to him,

in order for him to finish his creation.

And praise him, cause he is our God.

I'm a bit stupid! ;)

But how can I use the 2600Xt installer when all I see is a blue screen?

Please help me! :)

try start with -x

if you can't enter in leopard in this mode:

Start Leopard with -s

at the prompt type:

mount -uw / <return>

rm -rf ATIRadeonX2000.kext <return>

rm -rf Natit.kext <retutn>

reboot <return>

restart with -x and try the method of el_rocje pag 43 of this topic

Giorgio

I can boot in -x mode (safe mode that is, isn't it??)

But I can't use the USB stick with the installer in safe mode.

Try it: backup and move to trash ATIRadeonX2000.kext and Natit.kext (if you have it), move to trash Extensions.mkext and reboot with -v -f

if you can enter in leopard, install the package thar you prefer.

Giorgio

People please read the thread.... before posting questions and refer back to the first page for updates.... this is where they will be located as they become available. to answer your question the 34xx cards are in need of a new frame buffer so we are waiting on the next updates from Apple.

People please read the thread.... before posting questions and refer back to the first page for updates.... this is where they will be located as they become available. to answer your question the 34xx cards are in need of a new frame buffer so we are waiting on the next updates from Apple.

where can i get a driver without QE and CI as post #684 #716? :P

I only want to change the resolution before the new frame buffer.

The only way to change the resolution on is through the boot.plist If you are on a laptop with a max res. of 1280x800 you are stuck at 1024x768 until the driver is finiished.

Your options will be very limited..

The only reason those show the card is by natit but it actially does not mean anything.

where can i get a driver without QE and CI as post #684 #716? :)

I only want to change the resolution before the new frame buffer.

you need a mobile framebuffer to be able to change resolution from VESA standard one.

1280x800 isn't VESA resolution, so current desktop framebuffer doesn't support it.

that's why you'll have to wait while new framebuffer will come up from Apple, supporting mobile resolutions.

Has anybody gotten their 3650 to work in 10.5.6? I am currently on iPC without any QE support. I would appreciate any help to get QE working on the card. My 3650 card has 512 ddr2 ram. Also when i try any drivers other than the ones from the iPC PPF3 install disc(no QE), there is some mosaic/garbled pattern on the screen, which only lets me boot into safe mode.

Has anybody gotten their 3650 to work in 10.5.6? I am currently on iPC without any QE support. I would appreciate any help to get QE working on the card. My 3650 card has 512 ddr2 ram. Also when i try any drivers other than the ones from the iPC PPF3 install disc(no QE), there is some mosaic/garbled pattern on the screen, which only lets me boot into safe mode.

Use OSX86 Tool to enable Quartz Extreme, it worked for my ASUS Silent HD3650

@grim reaper: i think in the osx86 tool you can only enable QuartzGl 2D.

@alanchan2 : i'm running 10.5.6 (updatet from iDeneb 1.3) fine with full QE/CI. See this post for the drivers i used : hd 3650 drivers

How did you manage to get it working, my friend ? We're exactly at the drivers's page, but

obviously, it is not that easy for everyone or working the same way by identical cards :P

Alanchan2: The only versions under which HD3650 AGP works, and that i am aware of,

are the JaS's 10.5.4 Client/Server (LastExile told me to try it) and the XxX's 10.5.6

(which is the latest OS X version i could find, dated 25.12.2008).

Both versions have included our friend's LastExile's packages.

Under both, i have used the ATI 3650 package, included in the installers

themselves, which brought me to the desktop without any further tweaks.

NO hardware CI or QE, though...

And if i additionally use the package from this section (Natit),

i end up with nothing more than a completely black screen.Nothing else, just a total blackness :wacko:

Using a AGPGart.kext in parallel, or without it had no effect by me.

I cleaned up the ATI* and Natit.kext stuff, installed the pgk. from ritalin ( the one from my link, not these linked from the first page), applied the whole permission-stuff et voila - fully working QE/CI dual screen... (except for my swapped-dvi-port-problem)...

I cleaned up the ATI* and Natit.kext stuff, installed the pgk. from ritalin ( the one from my link, not these linked from the first page), applied the whole permission-stuff et voila - fully working QE/CI dual screen... (except for my swapped-dvi-port-problem)...

It's cool you managed to get your card working, congrats :thumbsup_anim:

But, what is your one, is it the (already) damned by all AGP-version ?

And, could you describe, what your config is - if you use it through a DVI-port,

or with a D-Sub adapter, and on which port ?

Thanx !

Hi!

I can't speak very well english, so I will hope that you understand me.

I've this notebook Toshiba A200-1GB.

I've installed the Ideneb 1.3 ISO, without select nothing in config, only the iso, without app's, patch's, ...

When I restart my computer it appears block, so I restart it with -x option and I'm going in to Leopard.

The resolution is poo (1024 x 768) so, where can i find the video drivers for my Graphics Card??

I can't install it frown.gif

Could you help me??

I'm very new newbie, so could you show me a little guide?

Hi!

I can't speak very well english, so I will hope that you understand me.

I've this notebook Toshiba A200-1GB.

I've installed the Ideneb 1.3 ISO, without select nothing in config, only the iso, without app's, patch's, ...

When I restart my computer it appears block, so I restart it with -x option and I'm going in to Leopard.

The resolution is poo (1024 x 768) so, where can i find the video drivers for my Graphics Card??

I can't install it frown.gif

Could you help me??

I'm very new newbie, so could you show me a little guide?

Without Video Card Ref. no one will help you... :unsure: I think before asking dumb questions like that you should learn to use the forum search engine, and you should take time to read threads...

good luck