ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Okay guys if you are using a laptop please note that unless you know how to write a Frame Buffer we have to wait for the updates..... I know that we all want our cards to work but, if you guys can not take the time to read the thread you are posting a question in people are gonna quit responding to you.

UNTIL THERE IS A UPDATE WITH NEW FRAMEBUFFERS FROM APPLE WE ARE STUCK

I don't really know but why we can't take information about internal display from atiradeonx1000.kext? (I'm talking about mobility)

WE : you are talking about a good coder with knowledge, time and willing to do it... I'm not (only have willing, not much time, and no knowledge) are you ?

WE : you are talking about a good coder with knowledge, time and willing to do it... I'm not (only have willing, not much time, and no knowledge) are you ?

not really, I don't have time and knowledge neither. and I meant us - community

thank you drumtrasher,

I've tried before post, but nothing happen, I see correctly the ATI HD 3650

but I can't change resolution and I can enter only in safe mode, also mosaic garbage scvreen :)

but I need to remove some of the older files? and how I can do that?

ty in advance

thank you drumtrasher,

I've tried before post, but nothing happen, I see correctly the ATI HD 3650

but I can't change resolution and I can enter only in safe mode, also mosaic garbage scvreen :)

but I need to remove some of the older files? and how I can do that?

ty in advance

Format/reinstall OS X.

Okay guys if you are using a laptop please note that unless you know how to write a Frame Buffer we have to wait for the updates..... I know that we all want our cards to work but, if you guys can not take the time to read the thread you are posting a question in people are gonna quit responding to you.

UNTIL THERE IS A UPDATE WITH NEW FRAMEBUFFERS FROM APPLE WE ARE STUCK

A half of the pages on this 3d are made by people asking every time the same thing: mobile hd3xxx driver. Please stop bothering with this idiot questions! We are all waiting 4 that driver.

Huff...

Hello I just got my Saphire 3850 PCIE 512MB. I installed this package. on boot up i get black screen with mouse. :)

im on leopard kalway 10.5.1. right now im on safe mode with intergrated graphics, only way i can boot now. is there any way i can remove what was installed and maybe try something else? my device id is x9505

help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Hello I just got my Saphire 3850 PCIE 512MB. I installed this package. on boot up i get black screen with mouse. ;)

im on leopard kalway 10.5.1. right now im on safe mode with intergrated graphics, only way i can boot now. is there any way i can remove what was installed and maybe try something else? my device id is x9505

help would be greatly appreciated! :)

You have to have never version, update to 10.5.5 or 10.5.6 and try again

A half of the pages on this 3d are made by people asking every time the same thing: mobile hd3xxx driver. Please stop bothering with this idiot questions! We are all waiting 4 that driver.

Huff...

YEAH !

I would suggest to split that near non handable mega thread up in:

ATI AGP cards

ATI PCIe cards

ATI Mobile gpu

Forum threads

Would be for ALL users much better !

hi bigfish

so langsam wird´s richtig peinlich.

shame on you

peinlich wird`s, weil nun auch du noch dein senf dazu geben mußt. es gibt in den foren immer bessewisser, die sich als admin aufführen und uns sagen was und wie wir zu schreiben haben. das ist peinlich...coming soon steht da schon monate, da wird man doch fragen können was damit gemeint ist. und wenn ich das fett mache ist das meine entscheidung! also auch du ab und zu mal fresse halten...

peinlich wird`s, weil nun auch du noch dein senf dazu geben mußt. es gibt in den foren immer bessewisser, die sich als admin aufführen und uns sagen was und wie wir zu schreiben haben. das ist peinlich...coming soon steht da schon monate, da wird man doch fragen können was damit gemeint ist. und wenn ich das fett mache ist das meine entscheidung! also auch du ab und zu mal fresse halten...

HEY! Could you please write in english! Even if it's surely an uninteresting post for Radeon HD users -_-

You have to have never version, update to 10.5.5 or 10.5.6 and try again

ah i had a feeling that was it. what was installed with this .pkg? I would like to remove it so i can at least boot up. :-)

or is there a 'driver rollback' kind of what Windows XP has for OSX? i would basically like to 'undo' the driver install..

Hi

I have HD 2600 PRO (device id 9589)

is there a reason to use this packages?

currently i use natit (i think it's the latest one) and edited plist in RADEONX2000.KEXT to add my device ID

all seem to work fine (resolution/qe/ci)

how do I know if it's using lamna or megadolon?

Hi

I have HD 2600 PRO (device id 9589)

is there a reason to use this packages?

currently i use natit (i think it's the latest one) and edited plist in RADEONX2000.KEXT to add my device ID

all seem to work fine (resolution/qe/ci)

how do I know if it's using lamna or megadolon?

we have the same device ID and I tried this 10.5.6 installer but had black sreen for a few seconds a couple of times per hour.

I installed the older 10.5.5 driver which can be found on some post in this thread and i thought everything was running perfect until I connected one more monitor, not working. Have you tried dual monitors using natit?

I made a bit research on mobility hd, as google says LVDS display is internal display and TMDSA is external one, in Natit.kext, every gpu series, primary display is set to TMDSA, I've tried to set 2400 series to LVDS, but all I got was black screen. Also I looked at x1000 series natit, primary display is set to LVDS

we have the same device ID and I tried this 10.5.6 installer but had black sreen for a few seconds a couple of times per hour.

I installed the older 10.5.5 driver which can be found on some post in this thread and i thought everything was running perfect until I connected one more monitor, not working. Have you tried dual monitors using natit?

Haven't tried dual monitors yet

maybe anyone could tell me what's the entry in Natit.kext for EDID overwriting?

made more research on mobility hd, now I can get blue screen on internal display, anybody knows how to avoid it?

Is there any reason why DVI is not working with the latest package?

I am on 10.5.6 (vanilla) with a Radeon HD 2600 PRO... Earlier version worked with DVI.