ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

hd3650 .... always mosaic screen :rolleyes:

...if pcie and asus...same here...tried different methods...from installer...pacifist...etc...same thing...guess not the best flawless install for me for this driver...(using vanilla on q9300)...now if some one is kind enough to give me a hint where i can get the previous driver (that worked for me...eps driver...link is "vanished"...and lost driver...!...lol...)...so i can get back on track till this is "flawless" enough for me...thx...if u could the sooner the better...thx again to insanelymac sages and legends and gurus and etc...to all...THE SITE IS FLAWLESS ENOUGH...LOL...P.S.:...if someone got it to work (new driver) for this card...pls explain it to me how it goes...reminder...!!!...for me vanilla install on GA-EP45-DS3...10.5.6...so don't want voodoo kernel or so...should i start thinking to the neibourgh...NVIDIA...?!

Hello everybody

I have a problem with my videocard (HD 2400 Pro) connected with dvi.

See my signature for details.

I have a HD 2400 Pro videocard (0x94c3). I have

used the guides here to get a working videocard with qe/ci and dual screen,

(the driver from LastExile isn't working alright from this topic):

- http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=#entry1032236

- http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry973716

The problem what I have is that if I use a dvi2vga converter I don't have any problems with my videocard if connected with vga,

but if I connect my videocard with only dvi (without a dvi2vga converter) it looks like it is working properly but after a couple of

minutes it goes black for one second and then everything is working for a couple of minutes and then it goes black again for one

second and so one. Does anyone know how to solve the problem? It is almost a fully working HD 2400 Pro videocard except

for the DVI issue.

I hope anyone can help me?

I tried your new 2600 pcie driver and IT WORKS!

but there's a strange thing going on. Sometimes my HP w2207h screen turns black for a few seconds! My resulution is 1680x1050 with 60HZ

I have this EXACT same problem.

I have a Sapphire HD 2600 Pro Previously working flawlessly with QE on a Kalyway 10.5.3 install

For the last couple days I've been trying to get an iATKOS v5i clean install working, but the video card has been the problem.

In 10.5.5 I installed the new "ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Pcie - Device ID: 9589" package for my card. Everything looks like it's working, but my DVI 22" monitor just occasionally goes blank, almost like somebody's pulled the video cable out a little bit, then it comes back on.

I've tried this 100 different ways. I've tried it in 10.5.6, I've tried it by installing in 10.5.5 and then updating to 10.5.6, I've tried it by installing it after the 10.5.6 upgrade and I have the same issues.

The only solution I've found so far was to install the old 10.5.5 package. It's not linked in the first post anymore, but I was able to locate it via a search and google cache. I'm currently using the one that used to say:

Update: try pkg for 2600 Pro & XT, 3850 & 3870 and maybe ( 2400 series ) also 3650 users try this Report back

Download here

So I'm currently staying in 10.5.5 since all reports say that going to 10.5.6 with this package would mean that I lose the QE. But I just wanted to note that I'm another person who is having these odd screen-blanking problems with a 2600 and the new installation package.

So I'm currently staying in 10.5.5 since all reports say that going to 10.5.6 with this package would mean that I lose the QE.

I guess that the plist edit process here would allow me to update to 10.5.6 using these old-school 10.5.5 install package. So if I really wanted to do 10.5.6 I could probably do it. Although I was having sleep problems with 10.5.6 so I'm probably not going to do that right now anway.

But I just wanted to note that I'm another person who is having these odd screen-blanking problems with a 2600 and the new installation package.

I'm on a Sony Vaio FW11E with a

Ati 3470 HD Mobility

as the zillions of other 3470 users i'd like to test out if there's any need.

And it would be NICE if someone could give some sort of REACTION regarding this card family and all the postings to it in here.

a "coming soon" without any reaction is a little bit...let's say uninformative.

it prevents any progress, because everybody thinks, there's a development.

But in fact there hasn't been any statement since MONTHS and it would be really nice to get some sort of information instead of ignoring all postings reagrding that card family consequently.

Greetz,

Gekko

I'm on a Sony Vaio FW11E with a

Ati 3470 HD Mobility

as the zillions of other 3470 users i'd like to test out if there's any need.

And it would be NICE if someone could give some sort of REACTION regarding this card family and all the postings to it in here.

a "coming soon" without any reaction is a little bit...let's say uninformative.

it prevents any progress, because everybody thinks, there's a development.

But in fact there hasn't been any statement since MONTHS and it would be really nice to get some sort of information instead of ignoring all postings reagrding that card family consequently.

Greetz,

Gekko

Just a quick not to you.... If LastExile says coming soon and that it is in Development than it is. This does not mean others are not working on it... I myself have spent a lot of time as well as others trying to get this working..... I believe it to be a frame buffer issue and as soon as LastExile has the free moment we will continue working on this. He is getting everything as good as he can with the desktop cards first. Reason being is that the 34xx/36xx mobility cards are a totally different chipset from the desktop cards. Making them a little easier to get fixed first. The last update stating that they were under development was on January 2nd so that is hardly months. If you would like to add any ideas or comments about progress of this card feel free that is what we are all here for. He is not ignoring posts but, to answer the same questions over and over again is time consuming..... Please add thoughts or be patient.... If it is a frame buffer we will have to wait until the next update is available.

Just a quick not to you.... If LastExile says coming soon and that it is in Development than it is. This does not mean others are not working on it... I myself have spent a lot of time as well as others trying to get this working..... I believe it to be a frame buffer issue and as soon as LastExile has the free moment we will continue working on this. He is getting everything as good as he can with the desktop cards first. Reason being is that the 34xx/36xx mobility cards are a totally different chipset from the desktop cards. Making them a little easier to get fixed first. The last update stating that they were under development was on January 2nd so that is hardly months. If you would like to add any ideas or comments about progress of this card feel free that is what we are all here for. He is not ignoring posts but, to answer the same questions over and over again is time consuming..... Please add thoughts or be patient.... If it is a frame buffer we will have to wait until the next update is available.

hi ridgeline i just want to ask you if the 3470 driver that is in progress will work for mobility? because i am with notebook... i hope it will... :/

thanks

hi ridgeline i just want to ask you if the 3470 driver that is in progress will work for mobility? because i am with notebook... i hope it will... :/

thanks

Why are you asking that? It will work EVENTUALLY, it's not even done yet. That's like saying "Are you sure these numbers are going to win the lottery next week?"

Hello Guys - I really need your help here.

I am trying to use the ATI RADEON HD3650 PCIe package with no luck.

Initially I thought it was because my I was still running 10.5.5 but I upgraded to 10.5.6 and I just get the same problem i.e I can't get beyond the loading screen (the one with the apple on grey background). There is no error message either.

Help please. I'd love to get the graphics running correctly so I can finaly ditch Windose!

I have restored my system to what it was before the package install, so I am happy experimenting any suggestion.

Jaguarg

DELL Studio 1735, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

Hi, if you try to run this package on a dell Studio 1735 (what is a Studio 1750 :thumbsup_anim: ???) you will never success because you have a MOBILITY HD3650 and the current package only support NON MOBILITY cards

OK thank you for this clarification (and I corrected my spec details in the post).

But do you know if anything is in the pipeline for the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 ?

cheers,

Jaguarg

the mobility cards are different chipsets than the desktop cards... The 36xx and 34xx are very similar and while I think the 34xx will be released first the 3650 should not be too far behind and they are underdevelopment....

the mobility cards are different chipsets than the desktop cards... The 36xx and 34xx are very similar and while I think the 34xx will be released first the 3650 should not be too far behind and they are underdevelopment....

OK great! - what would be the best way to keep being posted about the availability of the mobility card packages for OSX86?

thanks

jaguarg

The HD3800 series pkg seems to be causing a Kernel Panic at shutdown. I believe I've elliminated all other variables.

My machine shuts down normally until installing the package and then BAM... KP on shutdown :)

I've documented my progress here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1038895

Any ideas? :)

Thanks...

EDIT: Just an idea, but if I have two HD3870 connected with the crossfire cables, should I be using the HD3870X2 pkg?

How do I uninstall these pkgs?

So I'm trying to pin down a KP @ Shutdown issue that I think is related to the HD3800 series package as it didn't happen prior to install. I've been reading thread after thread until cross-eyed. :) No answer on hours of irc either...

How do I uninstall the package? I can't find any documentation.

I see a file in my root directory called "ATI_HD_Backup" with:

-ATIRadeonX2000.Kext

-ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin

-ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle

Are these the original files that were replaced by the HD3800 series pkg? If so I assume I just replace the corresponding /System/Library/Extension files with these? ;)

Any insight would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks much.