10.4.5 Prepatched DVD (Hot news for all)

hdavy2002

459 posts in this topic

I am mac-ing along nicely in Vitural Machine, but how do I get Mac to boot Natively while windows is in Hybernate mode? I noticed in the VMware It didnt have SSE3.... only SSE2.... would it be enabled in Native mode? AMD Athlon 64-bit... I am more than Capable

I am mac-ing along nicely in Vitural Machine, but how do I get Mac to boot Natively while windows is in Hybernate mode? I noticed in the VMware It didnt have SSE3.... only SSE2.... would it be enabled in Native mode? AMD Athlon 64-bit... I am more than Capable

Heh, so you followed the guide and got it to work then? :thumbsdown_anim: Good good!

You will need to change the boot order in your BIOS so that the HDD for OS X86 is first in-line. It should then boot...

About the SSE3 problem people are having.... I was told it doesn't matter, becuase it will only use the SEE3 emulator if it calls for a taks requiring SSE3, which your CPU does have, it just isn't there in system profiler...

Heh, so you followed the guide and got it to work then? :happymac: Good good!

You will need to change the boot order in your BIOS so that the HDD for OS X86 is first in-line. It should then boot...

About the SSE3 problem people are having.... I was told it doesn't matter, becuase it will only use the SEE3 emulator if it calls for a taks requiring SSE3, which your CPU does have, it just isn't there in system profiler...

Thats good to know, thankyou so much for all your help!

As for all the torrent leachers out there..... SEED! QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT IT BEING SLOW, ITS YOU OWN FAULT, I AM THE ONLY SEEDER!!!! Only Lamers LEACH and dont SEED When It is finnised downloading keep your windows open so it can help speed up other's downloads! :)

When I downloaded this file, going to burn in Nero shows that the size on disk is well over 4gb, but loading it up in Deamon tools, windows explorer shows that the size used is less than 200kb.

Browsing the image, there are only 8 files, no folders. All but 1 file have the word boot in them. The other is chain0. Is that right?

The filename is MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_myz.iso.

I have taken the seed down incase something is wrong with it, I didn't want to corrupt other downloads.

I have the same file I burned the iso in sonic record, I see the 8 files and I assumed that everything was alright. starting to think I have a corrupt copy. I can boot it when I insert the dvd in and restart but cant get it to install. I tried the VMware method and cant get it to read the file at all.

Thats good to know, thankyou so much for all your help!

As for all the torrent leachers out there..... SEED! QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT IT BEING SLOW, ITS YOU OWN FAULT, I AM THE ONLY SEEDER!!!! Only Lamers LEACH and dont SEED When It is finnised downloading keep your windows open so it can help speed up other's downloads! :angel:

What is the file name. If I have that one, I will seed some more.

When I downloaded this file, going to burn in Nero shows that the size on disk is well over 4gb, but loading it up in Deamon tools, windows explorer shows that the size used is less than 200kb.

Browsing the image, there are only 8 files, no folders. All but 1 file have the work boot in them. The other is chain0. Is that right?

The filename is MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_myz.iso.

I have taken the seed down incase something is wrong with it, I didn't want to corrupt other downloads.

My filename is slightly different, but I had the same issue. Windows only showed a few files, even though I have macdrive. But, I booted up os x and the dvd was full of everything it should have. The install went through smoothly. Strangely, now I can see all the files in windows. So, try installing and see what happens.

Note To ALL:

The DVD is fine... Whether you load it up in Daemon Tools, burn it to a DVD disc, Windows will only show 8 or so files... However, all the data is there. Just silly Windows being unable to see it :(

Just incase people didn't realise, Demonoid is open for sign ups at the moment.

Oh, and if you have the DMG of the 10.4.4 restore disc, you need to apply:

1) "Mac OS X 10.4.4 8G1165 DVD AutoPatcher"

2) "MacOSX 10.4.4DVD Final ppf with 10.4.5 update"

Which should produce the same file mentioned here.

(both of which are on Demonoid)

I'm up and running... downloaded it, burnt the .iso to DVD, popped it in the drive and away she went.... it did hang after doing the pre-install check on the DVD, so I just rebooted and clicked cancel on when the pre-install check came back up and everything installed great (and normally... a.k.a. I didn't do anything special for the install). Broadcom 570x Gigabite Integrated Controller (network card) didn't work initially but after some searcing around in the forums I found a solution & it's good to go. Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG doesn't work, but that's not a big suprise (if anyone has had any luck getting this wireless card to work PM me because I kinda my miss wireless). USB worked right off the bat too. Still wish I had parallel printer support though. Also, DVD Player doesn't work... which is a bummer. Did install Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac and AIM successfully though. Other specs are as follows: Dell 600m, Intel Pentium M 1.5 GHz processor w/ SSE2 support (no SSE3), 40GB Fujitsu Harddrive, Mobility Radeon 9000, 512MB Ram. 1 - 40Gb Harddrive: OSX installed on DISKOS2 partition (see picture), Windows XP PRO SP2 installed on Untitled (NTFS) partition, FAT32 partition installed to exchange writable files between the 2 Operating Systems. Picture is below (and if you can help w/ the wireless, parallel printer, or dvd player PM me plz)

OSx86.jpg

I could not get the autopatcher to work with the 10.4.4 intel restore DVD. I follow instructions on two computers but the terminal kept showing command not found. I am wondering if I have the wrong path/directory. Can you give me some advice please? The 10.4.4_DVD_PATCHER folder is in a hard drive labeled "HD 2 60GB". What should the path/directory look like?

it didn't work for me. i tried both amd and intel versions of autopatcher, then applied ppf to them, but both isos were corrupted after applying the ppf. any ideas?

MacOSX 10.4.4DVD Final ppf with 10.4.5 update <==--- does unybody heard where besides the demonoid i can find this patch ? i would like to make all fixes by my self but there are only the DVD already made with this patch, and there is no such a patch (demonoid is password closed tracker so not many people can get there)

thanx

net@solutions.pl

it didn't work for me. i tried both amd and intel versions of autopatcher, then applied ppf to them, but both isos were corrupted after applying the ppf. any ideas?

i bet it didn't work the ppf patch is only for the iso posted on the demons too , not for the restore disk or anything else

I got a problem with this DVD, when the install reach where you must choose a drive to install to, it doesn't list any partition on my SATA HDD (on an ASUS P5LD2-VM)

Anyone got an idea? I installed WinXp before on it.

Edit: Nevermind, I just reformated one partition with the disk manager ^_^