10.4.5 Prepatched DVD (Hot news for all)

hdavy2002

459 posts in this topic

where you get the patch?

I don't know where he got it, but I got mine from Demonoid! :thumbsdown_anim:

If anyone wants an account send me a PM!

EDIT: AS OF 3/3/06 I ran out of Demonoid Invites. :D I'll post when i'm able to create invites!

EDIT: I'm back up and running! If you want one send me a PM! BTW signup ASAP if you get one!

EDIT: I'm down again! :(

Thanks alot for clearing that up for me chrishelms and NemesysSRT!

i have another question.

currently i only have the original, unpatched 10.4.4 restore disc, and no previous macosx installation.

i was wodering if anyone knows the name of or knows where to get the patch which converts the restore disc to an install disc, so i will be able to apply the 200mb patch to install up to 10.4.5 onto my computer. will this work?

thanks in advance

So, was this image made by running the shell script on the DMG and then applying the 200MB PPF to the resulting ISO?

So is there a PPF patch to get to the first point (instead of the shell script) in existence?

So, was this image made by running the shell script on the DMG and then applying the 200MB PPF to the resulting ISO?

So is there a PPF patch to get to the first point (instead of the shell script) in existence?

A PPF of the first step wouldn't be practical because it would be essentially the same size as the DVD image itself. The first step is converting from an image with an EFI bootloader to the BIOS bootloader, which changes the entire layout of the disc.

Downloaded, booted, installed and now I'm natively running 10.4.4. No real hitches. Simmilar to what someone said previously, I had to restart once when I tried booting from my harddrive, but that's it.

I've got sound, I was kinda surprised it worked with my onboard chipset.

It doesn't turn off my computer, nor does it reset it if I ask OS X to, but no real biggie.

Now, all I need is to get some OpenGL going and I'm set. Even then though, everything is real smooth, as fast as an OS should be. I'm impressed. Nothing like my days of booting in PearPC.

My specs:

Chaintech VNF3-250 nForce 3 motherboard

AMD64 3000+ @ 2.0gHz

1GB DDR @400mHz

10.4.4 on a 40 gb Maxtor HDD

GeForce 6800gt OC (disabled), resolution locked at 1024*768

I just wonder if this install fixed the partition problem as the one of 10.4.4 does. Thanks a lot.

I'm pretty sure this is still an issue.

I partitioned my drive with partition magic, then I ran the 10.4.5 install DVD. It wouldn't recognize the drive, so I used disk utility to re-partition my drive and installed OS X on it, then installed Windows XP on the 2nd partition after. Pretty much my drive is completely screwed up and no partition program can even read it now without erroring.

I'd really like some advice on how to install OS X and XP on the same drive on two different partitions, preferably with OS X on the first partition... like what program to partition it and to install which OS in which order. Apparently OS X it didn't like partition magic.

Edit - And just to clarify, this 10.4.5 DVD is just the 10.4.4 DVD with the ppf patch that's going around... I patched it and it worked fine besides the disk utility problems.

I downloaded the entire prepatched dvd, the MD5 is:

d0bcd93dd9b40b072dc4cc4c6111d0b0 *MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso

Install fails about about 75% each time, tried with all packages selected and no packages selected, and several combos in between. It has thus far hosed a working 10.4.3 install. Still experimenting.

My 2 hours and 1 minute was do to a dirty disc. Cleaned it, restarted and was done in less than 26 minutes. Man...let me tell yoo. This baby is real fast. I work with macs at work and we just got an iMAC. That thing does not compare to this baby.

Xbench Score:

Results 41.04

System Info

Xbench Version 1.2

System Version 10.4.5 (8G1454)

Physical RAM 504 MB

Model ADP2,1

Drive Type WDC WD800BB-75CAA0

CPU Test 55.55

GCD Loop 63.18 3.33 Mops/sec

Floating Point Basic 63.80 1.52 Gflop/sec

vecLib FFT 47.16 1.56 Gflop/sec

Floating Point Library 51.82 9.02 Mops/sec

Thread Test 100.22

Computation 74.65 1.51 Mops/sec, 4 threads

Lock Contention 152.40 6.56 Mlocks/sec, 4 threads

Memory Test 61.51

System 44.63

Allocate 41.91 153.91 Kalloc/sec

Fill 42.80 2080.81 MB/sec

Copy 50.04 1033.53 MB/sec

Stream 98.89

Copy 93.68 1934.95 MB/sec

Scale 93.53 1932.25 MB/sec

Add 105.10 2238.83 MB/sec

Triad 104.53 2236.09 MB/sec

Quartz Graphics Test 45.33

Line 40.67 2.71 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 36.69 10.96 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 37.06 3.02 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 76.13 1.92 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 54.53 3.41 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 154.66

Spinning Squares 154.66 196.19 frames/sec

User Interface Test 14.91

Elements 14.91 68.44 refresh/sec

Disk Test 32.51

Sequential 44.54

Uncached Write 47.01 28.87 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 53.38 30.20 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 34.71 10.16 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 47.61 23.93 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 25.60

Uncached Write 8.51 0.90 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 67.13 21.49 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 78.51 0.56 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 89.80 16.66 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Damn, I'm in Heaven...:afro:----------->Isn't that an oxymoron?

post-20047-1141441697_thumb.png

i am sorta new to this and my computer has sayed on this screen for a while the screen has the gray apple logo and a spining wheel over the apple logo there is a no symbol (like a no smoking sign with out a cigarette.), so i end up rebooting becuase it doesnt appear to be doing anything, wth does this mean, im running an amd 64

mr lennin,

try bootin in verboose mode, you do that by typing f8 when darwin bootloader appears, then typ in -v so you see messages appearing during install

when you end up like me first with a SAM Multimedia error then something is wrong with the disk, it is related to a read write error, so just burn again...

I did not download this and install it

10.4.4 did not say that i was running at 3 ghz

10.4.5 does not say that I am running at 3.6 ghz for some reason ( because i am not running this of course)

xbench does not say that my system is 15 points faster using 10.4.5 then 10.4.4...

I dont know anything about ps/2 working with 10.4.5 but not with 10.4.4

i dont know that itunes will install but not the security update (because i did not do it that would be illegal)

if apple releases future updates for sale for their intel computers and i buy it and modify it for for my x86, is that legal? or is modification of their software not recommended in their license? I did not read it because of coarse, I did not install it....

Thanks jbacko. I have 10.4.5 installed (10.4.4 then updated a week later.) Do you think using this DVD to update 10.4.5 is a good idea?. I have a Dell D800 everything works fine (wireless, bluetooth, DVD burner) but the built in broadcom 570x card and the Nvidia GC.

Thanks again

Yeah - this seems to bee the best update/installer out there right now. The broadcom not working is known - I have the same issue with my 8400 (a Broadcom gigabit builtin that has never worked). I just used an old 3com nic and it works great. The Nvdia is probably not going to work until the drivers are updated bu Apple - look for that sometime in the spring when they release the G5 intel replacement - the drivers will have to get updated then...

Someone please help me. I got the 10.4.4/10.4.5 just like everyone else and I went to extract using winrar ans only the boot sector files we're visible! The larger iso seems to be hidden. The torrent downloaded everything. I browsed the disk with ultra iso...same thing. I didn't have this problem with the 10.4.3 or 10.4.4

DVD's. WinRAR extracted them fine. What am I missing??

Thanks everyone

Someone please help me. I got the 10.4.4/10.4.5 just like everyone else and I went to extract using winrar ans only the boot sector files we're visible! The larger iso seems to be hidden. The torrent downloaded everything. I browsed the disk with ultra iso...same thing. I didn't have this problem with the 10.4.3 or 10.4.4

DVD's. WinRAR extracted them fine. What am I missing??

the file is an ISO image. i don't think you were supposed to decompress it, probably just burn it.

:thumbsup_anim:

i downloaded and burned the dvd. but at the installation it stays at a grey screen with the apple logo, a moving loading circle and a thing that looks lika a do not enter sign. i don't know what i did wrong.

my specs: p4 2,8ghz, 1024mb ram, 40gb ide,

any suggestions?

thanks