10.4.5 Prepatched DVD (Hot news for all)

hdavy2002

459 posts in this topic

Well, I seeded this thing to a 3.0 and then tried it out. I still can't get 4.4 or 4.5 to install on a box that has zero probs with 4.3. It's so damn frustrating! I've tried every dvd and patch combo and still get a kernel panic every time. It makes no diff if I use a mach_kernel with some patches or none, it will always install fine but will NEVER boot on it's own. Which, now that I think about it is just plain weird. How can a machine boot fine from the dvd and die when the same kernel is used to boot the disk?

Anyway, If anyone has a Dell 8400 that has sucessfully installed either 4.4 or 4.5 PLEASE PM me! Thanx!

Finally downloaded and booted in vmware, it's installing right now. Will let u guys know how it went. One thing for sure, it does feel faster on vmware. Also I did not see any thing which said , update for 10.4.5 included. it had the same stuff which was on the previous hacked dvd.

An update. As I mentioned before, the install on a different partition did not work for me. So, throwing caution to the wind, I simply upgraded my very stable 10.4.3 boot disk with this DVD and it works flawlessly. DVD player works! All my apps & settings are fine. Really nice upgrade. One thing I really liked was that under 10.4.3 I had done some work (following bofer's work) to get SATA AHCI working using 10.4.4 kexts. The loss under 10.4.3 was that no info showed under the System Profiler. Now, after this upgrade I get full info for all my SATA drives - and ALL SATA controllers are recognized (even ones without drives connected). Pretty cool...

Thanks jbacko. I have 10.4.5 installed (10.4.4 then updated a week later.) Do you think using this DVD to update 10.4.5 is a good idea?. I have a Dell D800 everything works fine (wireless, bluetooth, DVD burner) but the built in broadcom 570x card and the Nvidia GC.

Thanks again

Using the DVD for a fresh install, everything went smooooth as silk!

XBench without OpenGL, 87.09. Didn't bother to run OpenGL since my graphics card (PCIe x800) is not supported. Running about the same speed as 10.4.3. Not quite sure what else to expect out of it. lol

AMD 64 3200+ OC'd to 2650MHz (from 2000MHz) 1GB DDR333 and some other {censored}.

pride_142.jpg

actually i have upload more than 130gb before i chose it

those who have download shoud check MD5 before using it.

the correct MD5 should like it

d0bcd93dd9b40b072dc4cc4c6111d0b0

becase there are two patches provided after the 10.4.4 DVD launched

either one will given the same size of iso but different MD5

to make the installation less trouble, i suggest you should check it first before using it

I'm still a bit confused about this ISO.... please help me out guys!!!

I have an Intel centrino chipset (inspiron 6000) with windows xp and a 6gb partition with deadmoos 10.4.1 installed

now I wanna update this partition with this iso. Can I just boot the dvd and install it over the old version? I'm a bit frightened about crashing my system with an efi bootloader or something like that...

Do I still need a 10.4.3 installation to get 10.4.5?

thx in advance...

sorry if this is a totally dumb question but,

will this iso allow me to install up to 10.4.5 without any previous mac osx installed, or is this DVD only usable through another macOSX installation running, in other words, is this DVD just an upgrade?

Cheers!

After burning lot of mid night oil, i am happy to report success on my toshiba satellite A75. my Wireless card is working. its Atheros wireless ( soory for the spelling mistake)

For me native install failed, but i used vmware and installed it on a primary partition wih id=af and then booted with the chain0 method, it found my partiton and here i am posting you.

problems,

I am not able to get sound and my dvd does not mount.

System looks fast enough and I am happy

thanks littlepr

thats what i wanna know! so I gonna burn this thing right now

benofbodom, it seems to be possible to install without another macosx version running. i heard about problems with amd, so be careful if you have one!

Yes, you can install this without having another version of osx installed.

I have an AMD chip and I had 0 problems with the install. Everything went perfectly!

File still downloading.... In the mean time, for a brand new install is there anything that I need as far as software goes before I can load this. I already have software to burn the .iso file to a dvd, anything else I may need with the patched bootable?

I want to thank everyone for all their help and also apologise for my noob questions. My computer skills as far as tweeking and stuff goes is very limited with a PC and nonexistant with a mac. I have seen them and they look cool my sister has one and she loves it. So here I am today!!! I hope that all goes well and I could help others convert....

Thanks again

???

After booting from the DVD & a (apparently successful) fresh installation of 10.4.5:

Would not boot completely. Did a "Repair permissions" while re-booted from the DVD.

So then, OSX booted completely, but got a "No keyboard installed" error message.

Note: my PS2 keyboard/USB Mouse combo worked fine before, under version 10.4.3.

Would changing the mouse to also be: PS2, enable a complete boot to desktop?

SATA HD (Intel ICH5 SATA controller)

Abit IC7 mainboard

2.4C Northwood CPU

PS2 Keyboard

USB Mouse

Liteon 1693S DVD-RW

mhhh, i'm stuck with the white screen, the apple logo and the rotating thingy

somehow this dvd is not working for me

booting in verbose it gives me an i/o error for disk1s3

i think this is the hfs+ partition

any suggestions what to do?