10.4.5 Prepatched DVD (Hot news for all)

hdavy2002

459 posts in this topic

Yeah - this seems to bee the best update/installer out there right now. The broadcom not working is known - I have the same issue with my 8400 (a Broadcom gigabit builtin that has never worked). I just used an old 3com nic and it works great. The Nvdia is probably not going to work until the drivers are updated bu Apple - look for that sometime in the spring when they release the G5 intel replacement - the drivers will have to get updated then...

I have a Broadcom 57x gigabit card (BCM5705M) and it works..has worked since 10.4.1 (currently 10.4.5)... 165d .. vendor id: 14e4

This kext works as is for my card, and may work for others by following his edit instructions.

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...281entry44281

can this be installed on a drive with xp already installed on it

as in xp is on a partiton (partition magic)

and a blank partition on the other or will i have to do something seperate

PS this is a bootable dvd right all i do is pop it in before windows loads as with any windows instal disk?

i have tryed verbose mode and i get this error "still waiting forf rppt devices". no w i know my media is good, becuase i verified it in nero. and pryer to loading boot parameters it shows there is a apple hfs parttition and a ntfs partition. maybe while it had been sitting there it currupted the hfs parttition>? in iso buster i verified that the plist file does infact exist. any one have any idea?

dotch you have same problem as me.

i have tryed verbose mode and i get this error "still waiting forf rppt devices". no w i know my media is good, becuase i verified it in nero. and pryer to loading boot parameters it shows there is a apple hfs parttition and a ntfs partition. maybe while it had been sitting there it currupted the hfs parttition>? in iso buster i verified that the plist file does infact exist. any one have any idea?

dotch you have same problem as me.

sounds like it doesn't like your ide controller what chipset are we talking about?

Ok I got it all installed, everything seems to work just fine except the dvd player. The question I have is that I 10.4.3 installed before and I would just boot the computer and it would boot right up, now with this release I have to hit enter twice and watch all the drivers loading. Is there of fixing this?

John

Ok I got it all installed, everything seems to work just fine except the dvd player. The question I have is that I 10.4.3 installed before and I would just boot the computer and it would boot right up, now with this release I have to hit enter twice and watch all the drivers loading. Is there of fixing this?

John

You updated? If I were you I would've done a clean install. At least that is what I did and everything works.

To get rid of the drivers loading issue open a terminal window and go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Then sudo vi com.apple.Boot.plist. You should see this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v</string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>10</string>

</dict>

</plist>

activate edit by hitting "i"

scroll down to <string>-v</string>

and delete the "-v" portion

Once that is done hit the escape key to get out of edit mode.

Type

:wq and then press "enter" to save changes and quit termal.

On a reboot you will no longer see the verbose drivers loading.

sounds like it doesn't like your ide controller what chipset are we talking about?

'it si a embeded controler on a hp so i cant realy tell but i believe it will boot linux, which is why im suprised that the controler is being a problem, do you know of a workaround?

it is a pavilion zv6100a

Well, I updated my 10.4.3 and the update to 10.4.5 was successful. I'm still hosed though as I have a gigabyte 8u-939 with dual core athlon 3800 and ULI chipset. My ATI x850 card still just shows up as plain vga, my realtec on board sound chip is not recognized and even after updating iweb the program starts but the "open" command and "new" are greyed out. Also as per 10.4.3 no ata support so xbench reports the usual super slow hard drive specs. So, in reality, though it's cool to be able to dual boot Win XP and OSX the fact is, if you have a "crippled system" like mine with no sound and unsupported graphics and ATA drives, all I really have is a cool silent web browser. (the onboard NIC works). This is fun to experiment but I'm glad I have some "real MACS" around here. Until the video and chipset driver issues are fixed (if ever) I'm not ready for primetime with this install.

Hi,

Finally I got the download finished (4.7gb myz) and am seeding other ppl now.

This will be my first osx86 attempt, I've read the 10.4.3 guides but couldn't find any on the myz pack.

My goal is a dualboot with a 60gb sata drive splitted for the two os.

Any suggestion for me osx86-newbie?

Is it possible to install on external usb2 drive?

If not, could this strategy work:

-partiton magic -> 10/15 gb for osx

-reboot with the dvd in and see what happens (there appear to be no information on the burned dvd, is that due to winzoz that can't see osx install dvd content?)

thanks,

JaKKo

I'll add my pc specs, just in case others already tried on this machine:

shuttle G5 8300G (WCG edition) with

- P4 3,4 HT

- 512 Ram

- nvidia 6600 ultra 256mb pci-e

- 60GB sata HDD

10.4.4/5 dvd iso and installed ok no probs on install.

A64 X2 | DFI NF4 SLI D | Geforce 7800GT | Pioneer DV109 DVDRW | 40 GB ATA100 Drive | Realtek LAN and Sound OK. :(

After first re-boot of the new 10.4.5 installation it just freezes and does not load, also the only Version that ive had working without any USB Keyboard and Mouse problems is 10.4.1. any later versions and i have to Disconnect and ReConnect the KB and Mouse to get them to Work...?

Hows the Nforce 4 with ATA drive dont know if i got DMA and if its working to its full potentioal but speed seems ok..

Any help on Solving these probs mucho thanko. Lol

Id Switch NOW If I Had Hardware Accelration.

Hmm, well, after it installed and I tried to boot, it doesn't... I try to boot in VMWare, it just is a blank screen with an underscore, and if I try to boot natively, it just sits on "Verifying DMI Pool Data"....

Any ideas guys?

Does it work on Ati 9600 mobility?

I had an ASUS M6N laptop, CPU is centrino 1.5M with SSE/SSE2, and ATI 9600 mobility.

I am pretty new here, and wonder if my laptop could get all the functionalities.

Hmm, well, after it installed and I tried to boot, it doesn't... I try to boot in VMWare, it just is a blank screen with an underscore, and if I try to boot natively, it just sits on "Verifying DMI Pool Data"....

Any ideas guys?

I solved my problem!! Booted off the disc, and formatted the HDD with 1 partition instead of two... Works like a charm!!

I'm running 10.4.5 NATIVELY!! WOOHOOO!

Funny thing too, is that it thinks my CPU is a "3Ghz AMD Athlon 64™ 64 Processor", when it's only 2.2 Ghz hehe!! 10.4.5 seems much more responsive than 10.4.3, and I've only been in this for 5 mins now...

Thanks to Maxxuss, and the guys who made this bootable DVD, and to Apple.

:)

the MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCED_Myz.iso is the same as you talking about?, can I make a clean install with this iso?...or i need a 10.4.3 install first?

Either... I had a clean install with it... From empty ATA HDD to Mac OSX 10.4.5 !! :D

Another success story being posted from Safari. My initial attempts to get OS X to live happily along side my Win XP partition were unsuccessful. I ended up installing OS X onto the first partition of an external hard drive (USB device). Upon rebooting after the OS install I was greeted with "Error Loading OS". I was able to successfully boot into Mac OS X by booting the 10.4.4/5 install DVD and just letting the timer count down to zero. THe USB drive needed to be the primary boot drive in my BIOS.

Working on my MSI cheap-o mobo. Celeron 2.1 1680x1050 on my 21 inc LCD :)

My xbench scores are much better this time around. But i need to get some better DDR2 ram and more of it.

This is a really nice install DVD. Best one I have used so far.

I am seeding it right now for all you BT peeps.

Cheers

DaJebus

DVD worked like a charm for me.

AMD Sempron 3000. VIA K8-chipset on Gigabyte motherboard. Audio (Realtek) and lan (some onboard controller) works right out of the box :). My 256 Mb Radeon 9550 (Connect3D) AGP isn't detected (as expected).