10.4.5 Prepatched DVD (Hot news for all)

hdavy2002

459 posts in this topic

I downloaded and burned the iso got a fresh hard drive formatted it to FAT32 and I cannot get it to install. I get the blue screen at the begining (sits there about 15 minutes), then goes to the installation language(sits there for a bit after making a selection), then goes to the preparing installation screen with the scrolling bar at the bottom of the message window, after it sits there about 20 minutes I get a cannot install message that geves me a few options to restart shutdown reboot and something else. I tried to load in verbose mode(-v) but I could not deciper anything that it listed, I looked the partitioning of 6that drive and it was listed a a primary drive. I then changed it to an unallocated drive through diskmgmt.msc command don't have anything else to use. Anyway that did not work. I am going to try to partition another drive and see what happened. Hopefully it is my hard drive. But someone please set me straight.....

Thanks Kris

I installed this on a sperate hard drive, and it works okay but I can;t get it to detect my wireless card at all (PCI card with RT2500 chipset) and sound I can't get working either. I tried following an example in the wiki a couple days back but when I typed in the line "nano Info.plist" it said "Network not found" (if I recall correctly).

thanks

Well, why don't you try downloading VMWare Workstation 5.5, and booting it off that?

I am not very familliar with VMware.... Do I just use Mac Drive 6 to rip the content off the DVD and put it on my C drive 300gb, and then load it and tell it to use my G drive which is Slave hard drive 10gb

Okay, so I hope someone can help me out with this... I got this particular install DVD. I manage to boot the DVD, and the installer boots itself fine. I get to the language selection, and everything goes really, REALLY slow. To proceed, I have to hold the mouse down on the "NEXT" button for 10 seconds before it registers the click. I've then sat there waiting whilst it says "Preparing to install" with the little animated bar (that also goes along very slowly, and very jerkily) for over 3 hours, and it just doesn't seem to do anything.

Any suggestions?:

Hardware: Athlon64 3500+, nForce 4 based mobo, 1GB RAM, 512MB PCI-E Radeon X1300

How do I install it with vmware? Also I'm not dual-booting the system, I have only OS X installed.

Ok then, you won't be able to use VMWare 'cause you need Windows for it.

I am not very familliar with VMware.... Do I just use Mac Drive 6 to rip the content off the DVD and put it on my C drive 300gb, and then load it and tell it to use my G drive which is Slave hard drive 10gb

No, no, no...

In VMWare, add your physical hard disk drive you want to install onto in the Virtual PC Configuration. Next, download Daemon Tools and mount the ISO DVD on a virtual drive. Then, in VMWare, add a CD/DVD Drive, using the drive Daemon Tools makes to mount the ISO. Then start the Virtaul PC. Press ESC, and select to boot of the CD Drive. Hopefully, the installer should then start to run :(

The 10.4.4/5 myzar ppf patcher which was around 209MB, worked with XP as I stated above. However, the DVD would only boot when no operating system was found, and I did not want to delete 10.4.3 partition to be safe. I don't know why as the BIOS are set to boot from the CD first. Well, I unplugged the data cord from the hard drive [ the XP hard drive wasa already unplugged so I had no hard drives] , booted from the DVD, then plugged a USB2 to IDE adapter into the hard drive and was able to choose the empty partition. The DVD startup was a little slow, but installation proceded quickly. Restart does not work for me, even with 10.4.3 so I just held in the power button until the cpu shut off [after waiting a long time for the restart]. I plugged in the hardrive and it booted to the new 10.4.5 partition with everything running well, including sound, DVD, internet [realtec ethernet] and the PS/2 keyboard. I only have 1280x720 resolution with an ATI x800pro. The cpu is 3.4 GHz P4 precott that was overclocked to 3.51 inthe BIOS but system profile shows it as 4GHz. The DVD is a NEC 3520A which the profiler shows as vender supported. The mobo is an ABIT IC7-G with 2GB dual channel RAM. I am curious to see how iApps run.

The 10.4.4/5 myzar ppf patcher which was around 209MB, worked with XP as I stated above. However, the DVD would only boot when no operating system was found, and I did not want to delete 10.4.3 partition to be safe. I don't know why as the BIOS are set to boot from the CD first. Well, I unplugged the data cord from the hard drive [ the XP hard drive wasa already unplugged so I had no hard drives] , booted from the DVD, then plugged a USB2 to IDE adapter into the hard drive and was able to choose the empty partition. The DVD startup was a little slow, but installation proceded quickly. Restart does not work for me, even with 10.4.3 so I just held in the power button until the cpu shut off [after waiting a long time for the restart]. I plugged in the hardrive and it booted to the new 10.4.5 partition with everything running well, including sound, DVD, internet [realtec ethernet] and the PS/2 keyboard. I only have 1280x720 resolution with an ATI x800pro. The cpu is 3.4 GHz P4 precott that was overclocked to 3.51 inthe BIOS but system profile shows it as 4GHz. The DVD is a NEC 3500A which the profiler shows as fully support. The mobo is an ABIT IC7-G with 2GB dual channel RAM. I am curious to see how iApps run.

Wahey, it worked!! :(

I also have the weird problem with the CPU Speed. It think it's running at 3Ghz, when infact it's at 2.2Ghz...

I got this build running (10.4.5), and just like all the others, the ATI res sucks, (why it doesn't go higher I can only guess), no audio, no wifi, no decent functionality on the trackpad etc etc.

All this stuff reeks of a lack of modular design outside an Apple designed box, so why bother? What the hell can OSX do that a rock solid XP running Adobe, Firefox, Antispyware, and online gaming software can't offer??

Huh???

Actually, these boards are probably just getting everyone juiced up to purchase an Apple box anyway, is it possible mashugly is a Mr Jobs employee??

I'll stick to my PC hardware and fully supported software for now thanks, best luck all, better bone up on MBR's and kernal debugging, not to mention all that time spent faffing around, while I enjoy munching MP3's and JPG's.

"Error loading operating system" anyone??

Installed beautifully easy on my devkit-like machine. Runs smooth and happy. haven't done any tests on it yet, but I do know that it ran just as good as my machine runs in Windows.

Ok then, you won't be able to use VMWare 'cause you need Windows for it.

No, no, no...

In VMWare, add your physical hard disk drive you want to install onto in the Virtual PC Configuration. Next, download Daemon Tools and mount the ISO DVD on a virtual drive. Then, in VMWare, add a CD/DVD Drive, using the drive Daemon Tools makes to mount the ISO. Then start the Virtaul PC. Press ESC, and select to boot of the CD Drive. Hopefully, the installer should then start to run ;)

I already burned the Disc to a DVD+RW and I could use Alcahol 120% to mount images already. I am still having difficulty configureing it....

Virtual Machine Configuration: Custom

Virtual Machine Format: New-Workstation 5

Guest Operating System: Other

Version: Other

Number of Processors: One

Memory: 512mb (I have a 1gb memory stick)

Virtual Machine Name: OS x86

Location: D:\ (DVD drive that the Install disc is located in)

Network connection: Do not use a network connection

O/I Adapter Types: BusLogic

Disc: Use a physical disc

Device: PhysicalDrive1

Usage: use entire disc

Specify Disc: Other.vmdk *this is where I get problems!!!*

The myzar 10.4.5 image installed OK over here in VMware, native just hung on gray apple screen.

Native boot works ok now, provided I put my OSX drive as first HD offcourse.

Sound works natively (Soundmax onboard), network doesn't (known problem with 3com onboard).

Resolution is not changable (Radeon 9800 Pro). Adding the Graphics Mode to Boot.plist or typing in at boot does not work. A shame, since my 24" Dell is just sitting here doing almost nothing.

Mouse artifacts present below mousecursor.

Will try to fiddle around with ids and stuff in the 9700 kexts when I have more time, just got a hanging boot sequence during initial testing.

Offcourse internet access on OSX would save a lot of rebooting time, will have to find a cheap Realtek somewhere.

Damn, I feel for you guys having problems, but even if my install practically leapt off the DVD onto the HD, I lost interest after 10 mins without hi res, or wifi.

Novelty wore off after 10 mins!!!????

Ne pas pour moi, merci.

And whats with Apples policy on constant updates, and incompatibility?

And whats with Apples policy on constant updates, and incompatibility?

You have to realise that it's not meant to run on this kind of hardware. You get what you're given. Some people are given alot, some people are given hardly anything. It's all about the hardware, not the OS.

@Cybertronic:

What happens why you try starting up the Virtual Machine, and telling it to boot of the DVD Drive?

Thats the thing I cant create the virtual machine.... failed to lock file.... :lol:

When I try other methods such as leaving the loaction part blank and loading the DVD drive, it says no bootable Disc is found, but that is ABSOLUTE BULL!!! I have booted this disc up before Natively! I am using VMware to install because of certain incompatabilites, but others have done this with my board.

All I am asking for is a step by step on configureing VMware to install OSx86 on my G drive (10gb Fat-32) and then switch to it natively using hibernate mode. ITS NOT FAIR THAT I CANT EVEN CREATE THE VM with my ultra noobness! I am sure if I turned off just about everything under the sun on my board, I could get it to install natively, but people pointed me to VMware.....

@Bloggerman

You fail to grasp that there are many Tallented people making OSx86 more modular and compatable. This is only in its infancy... either apple will be forced to release their OS or people will crack it completely, either way the future is Apple. :D Infact right now someone is writting Drivers for my NIC and my Video Card

All I am asking for is a step by step on configureing VMware to install OSx86 on my G drive (10gb Fat-32) and then switch to it natively using hibernate mode. ITS NOT FAIR THAT I CANT EVEN CREATE THE VM with my ultra noobness! I am sure if I turned off just about everything under the sun on my board, I could get it to install natively, but people pointed me to VMware.....

Ok, I'm actually going to write a step-by-step HowTo tomorrow (with pics, etc..) on how to do so... In the meantime....

Step 1

Load up VMWare Workstation. Create a new Virtual Machine:

File => New => Virtual Machine.

Options you must select:

Custom | New - Workstation 5 | Other - Other | Virtual Machine Name (Optional) / Location (Optional) | Memory - 256MB or above is preferable | Do not use a network connection | SCSI - Buslogic | Use a Physical Disk | Select appropriate Device, Usage - Optional (for me it wasn't. I had to install OS X onto a full HDD, not a partitioned one... Not sure why...). | Disk file (Optional).

Step 2

Mount the 10.4.4/5 PrePatched ISO DVD on a virtual drive. Don't tell the CD-ROM Drive to use an ISO file, select a drive made by Daemon Tools, (or Alcohol 120%, etc...) with the ISO mounted on that.

Step 3

Start the Virtual Machine. I cannot think of ANY reason why it would not start. When loading, press the ESC button to select to boot off the CD-Rom drive. Hopefully you should see the Darwin Bootloader. Then, you should be on your way to a clean install. Any problems, enter "-v" at the Darwin Bootloader prompt, and put the error here...

Good luck! :lol:

:hysterical: Thankyou so much! It booted wonderfully, except, in the installer, It is asking for Hard drive destination and nothing is showing up, Should I format it in fat-32? I was hopping the install would automatically format my unformmated drive like a windows Install would. I am sitting at that screen right now, should I add a Mac Partition to it in Mac Drive 6? If so, then my hard drive will disapper because it isnt a recongized format.

Hey guys any chance some one can seed the file? There are about 50 or so of us stuck here at 17.2%

Download. Of if some one can send me a link or ftp or any alternative download source I would greatly rejoice and bask in your glory!!!

Thanks

Hey guys any chance some one can seed the file? There are about 50 or so of us stuck here at 17.2%

Download. Of if some one can send me a link or ftp or any alternative download source I would greatly rejoice and bask in your glory!!!

Thanks

I opened my Azureus, Enjoy....

What do I do about my Hard drive? would a simple Fat-32 work? *I would rather have a mac format if I could.

My Banias Centrino seems can't get through the "PAE" error when using VMWARE.

I added /PAE in boot.ini, tried "paevm=true" in .vmx file, but neither shut up the pae warning in VMWARE.

I am planning to burn the .iso to a DVD.

Some Banias users claimed that they could get their laptop installed successfully in 10.4.3 only using physical DVD.

So if I am using native install, would it work in this version?

I am afaird that this version lacks of significant patches for SSE2, non PAE CPUs.

HELP!!!

It is installing. The screen is gray and the resolution is low and I can hardly read what is on the screen. It looks like it is about 16 colors and 800x600

Also it does not list any partitions I can install on, even though I created one

I have a Dell Dimension 3000, P4, 3.0ghz HT, 512 mg ram, SSE3

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ok Sabr---

Here is what I did

1: Created a new work station

Custom | New - Workstation 5 | Other - Other | Virtual Machine Name (Optional) / Location (Optional) | Memory - 256MB or above is preferable | Do not use a network connection | SCSI - Buslogic | Use a Physical Disk | Select appropriate Device, Usage - Optional (for me it wasn't. I had to install OS X onto a full HDD, not a partitioned one... Not sure why...). | Disk file (Optional).

Step 2

Mount the 10.4.4/5 PrePatched ISO DVD on a virtual drive. Don't tell the CD-ROM Drive to use an ISO file, select a drive made by Daemon Tools, (or Alcohol 120%, etc...) with the ISO mounted on that.

Step 3

Start the Virtual Machine. I cannot think of ANY reason why it would not start. When loading, press the ESC button to select to boot off the CD-Rom drive. Hopefully you should see the Darwin Bootloader. Then, you should be on your way to a clean install. Any problems, enter "-v" at the Darwin Bootloader prompt, and put the error here...

I mounted the .iso into G drive using PowerISO and every which way I configire the CD-Drive it say a no bootable CD was detected.. then says Opperating System Not Found