10.4.5 Prepatched DVD (Hot news for all)

hdavy2002

459 posts in this topic

I get pretty much the same thing. I think the problem is that the DVD automatically installs the AMD patches (which touch much more than just the kernel). When you try to use a non-AMD patched kernel, it breaks compatibility with other parts of the system. I was looking at modifying the Owned.pkg to not install the AMD stuff for those of us with Intel processors. Fixing the DVD would then be a matter of making an image from the DVD, mounting it read-write, replacing the Owned.pkg in the image, then burning the image back to disc. I think this should work, but would of course require re-installing the system. I don't see an easy way of un-patching all of the files that the AMD patch touched.

edit: First I guess I'll try the un-AMD script above. maybe that will fix things for me. The worst that could happen is that I'd have to re-apply the AMD patches

edit 2: FreeSoftwareMan, you are brilliant! It worked perfectly.

Just to follow up with this a different way, I will do a custom install of 10.4.5 without the AMD option, and see if it gives me the correct sse3 information in system profiler. Results to come.

kaos

Just to follow up with this a different way, I will do a custom install of 10.4.5 without the AMD option, and see if it gives me the correct sse3 information in system profiler. Results to come.

kaos

I was not able to uncheck the AMD option in the installation, the individual parts of the "hacks group" are greyed out for me.

I was not able to uncheck the AMD option in the installation, the individual parts of the "hacks group" are greyed out for me.

I don't why that is. I did use Toast to burn my iso. Had problems with Disk Utility which I usually use.

I reinstalled 10.4.5 without the AMD enabler option.

System profiler shows the same cpu information with or without the AMD enabler option.

kaos

So , there are two major diferences between standard 10.4.4 restore disc.dmg patched wieth patches, and the 10.4.4 iso by myzar:

in myzar iso thjere is no developer tools, so you need really to download them separately and install, and there is no additional software like iPhoto or iMovie etc... etc...

myzar dvd can be burned on standard 4,7 DVD with any aplication working with iso files,

When you are patching 10.4.4 restore disk.dmg you really need to have DL (bouble layer dvd enabled burner and DL disk to burn the image) it's all because the restore disk has got developer tools and some additional software that exceeds the capacity of standard one layer DVD ( not much but exceedes :D ) so i have made installs in both ways using myzar and patched by my self restore disc and i cant see uny differences, both installs are working really good and stable. using 10.4.4 restore diosc is better in my opinion cause all of the software you have in one place on one dvd so it's faster to get system fully working in a short time without running around with other dvd's :)

i had a problem with graphics card when upgraded from 10.4.3, system seems to be working only in safe boot properly and there was no sound working.

when i have made clean install with all patches and security updates i have got a fully working system with full acceleration and 7.1 sound system working wounderful, the system with all the software i need (office 2004 , adobe cs2, all mulimedia apolications, mc irssi and all the console stuff + some linux software installed is working over 3 to 4 times faster than the windows xp 64 edid before (i had windows for a moment to compare the speed) i am proud and very very glad of the system, it's perfect :).

!!!! important info for the intel users : check exactly are the patches for the amd unchecked before installing cause they are set to on by default and it make some problems with proper booting and hardware support)

osx.jpg

soryy for mestakes in writing, i am afther a few pills cause i have catched badly cold or flue or something so i'cant think clearly :) and i dont have enought strenght to orrect , good night

Cheers to all of you

I don't why that is. I did use Toast to burn my iso. Had problems with Disk Utility which I usually use.

I reinstalled 10.4.5 without the AMD enabler option.

System profiler shows the same cpu information with or without the AMD enabler option.

kaos

Which leads me to believe that Myzar made a slight error somewhere in his scripts. I wonder if it is related to wether you select the 10.4.5 upgrade or not. Maybe the AMD enabler option works correctly when you don't select 10.4.5, but not when you do. That would actually make sense, since there only appears to be one version of the AMD patches on the disc, when there should really be two, one for 10.4.4 and one for 10.4.5. I'd be willing to be that the 10.4.5 update that Myzar added to the disc is pre-patched for AMD.

Me again please.........when i ran the install dvd it showed me, runing "we stoled it sucker script", what it mean... somebody help me please this thing is pissing me...anyway now my benchmark after and before upgrade 10.4.3 to 10.4.5

tiger 10.4.3:

Results 110.39

System Info

Xbench Version 1.2

System Version 10.4.3 (8F1099)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model ADP2,1

Drive Type WDC WD740GD-00FLC0

CPU Test 75.22

GCD Loop 102.59 5.41 Mops/sec

Floating Point Basic 80.74 1.92 Gflop/sec

vecLib FFT 54.88 1.81 Gflop/sec

Floating Point Library 77.98 13.58 Mops/sec

Thread Test 115.12

Computation 98.90 2.00 Mops/sec, 4 threads

Lock Contention 137.69 5.92 Mlocks/sec, 4 threads

Memory Test 134.14

System 130.42

Allocate 137.66 505.54 Kalloc/sec

Fill 128.59 6252.47 MB/sec

Copy 125.60 2594.20 MB/sec

Stream 138.08

Copy 135.43 2797.19 MB/sec

Scale 137.17 2833.87 MB/sec

Add 140.48 2992.55 MB/sec

Triad 139.37 2981.38 MB/sec

Quartz Graphics Test 105.73

Line 115.16 7.67 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 106.39 31.76 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 104.96 8.56 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 118.87 3.00 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 88.76 5.55 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 221.86

Spinning Squares 221.86 281.44 frames/sec

User Interface Test 143.03

Elements 143.03 656.42 refresh/sec

Disk Test 76.82

Sequential 123.30

Uncached Write 142.53 87.51 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 122.46 69.29 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 109.71 32.11 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 122.81 61.72 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 55.79

Uncached Write 19.95 2.11 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 133.13 42.62 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 123.67 0.88 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 167.31 31.04 MB/sec [256K blocks]

and tiger 10.4.5:

Results 68.39

System Info

Xbench Version 1.2

System Version 10.4.5 (8G1454)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model ADP2,1

Drive Type WDC WD740GD-00FLC0

CPU Test 52.17

GCD Loop 102.69 5.41 Mops/sec

Floating Point Basic 48.47 1.15 Gflop/sec

vecLib FFT 33.62 1.11 Gflop/sec

Floating Point Library 60.38 10.51 Mops/sec

Thread Test 117.12

Computation 96.07 1.95 Mops/sec, 4 threads

Lock Contention 149.99 6.45 Mlocks/sec, 4 threads

Memory Test 100.89

System 82.54

Allocate 57.64 211.66 Kalloc/sec

Fill 114.23 5554.20 MB/sec

Copy 97.66 2017.10 MB/sec

Stream 129.72

Copy 127.81 2639.79 MB/sec

Scale 123.28 2546.97 MB/sec

Add 135.00 2875.81 MB/sec

Triad 133.48 2855.45 MB/sec

Quartz Graphics Test 47.72

Line 49.32 3.28 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 40.84 12.19 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 43.07 3.51 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 65.57 1.65 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 46.42 2.90 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 218.29

Spinning Squares 218.29 276.92 frames/sec

User Interface Test 41.30

Elements 41.30 189.55 refresh/sec

Disk Test 66.70

Sequential 81.86

Uncached Write 46.88 28.78 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 118.58 67.09 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 88.43 25.88 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 128.42 64.54 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 56.27

Uncached Write 20.14 2.13 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 137.23 43.93 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 126.57 0.90 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 160.43 29.77 MB/sec [256K blocks]

as you can see, the performance down close to 50%

ups my system is an Intel D915GUXLK mobo, pentium 4 660 at 3.6 GHz, 2 Gigs of RAM (two 1 Gig. 533 DDR2 sticks) HD SATA Raptor 10,000 r.p.m.

Me again please.........when i ran the install dvd it showed me, runing "we stoled it sucker script", what it mean... somebody help me please this thing is pissing me...

That is Myzar's idea of getting back at Apple for the "Don't steal OS X.kext". All it is doing is installing the Maxxuss patches.

As for your benchmark problems, you might want to look and see if the correct kexts are loading for your graphics, since it looks like your graphics scores are really dragging you down.

Which leads me to believe that Myzar made a slight error somewhere in his scripts. I wonder if it is related to wether you select the 10.4.5 upgrade or not. Maybe the AMD enabler option works correctly when you don't select 10.4.5, but not when you do. That would actually make sense, since there only appears to be one version of the AMD patches on the disc, when there should really be two, one for 10.4.4 and one for 10.4.5. I'd be willing to be that the 10.4.5 update that Myzar added to the disc is pre-patched for AMD.

I'll try with the AMD enabler, enabled, and without the 10.4.5 update and see what I get.

kaos

There is no difference with installing 10.4.4 or not ,in relative to turning off the amd support. i tryed and i can easyly say that i can turn of amd support in installer with 10.4.5 upgrade enabled, and it works stable afther install, but... the first boot is good to make in secure mode ( -x while booting) if you do that you can check is the problem either in lack of some kexts or wrong patch (cause the system should boot if it is installed corectly or not if its f***ed :guitar: )

and i can say that iDVD is working :D (some people were saing that is not) i know that problem for that people is not in the iDVD binary but in the video card support (iDVD cant identyfy the card type and cant drwa the picture, so they should trye some kext loading things :) )

Cheers

can we get some seeds on this please? i'm attempting to download it right now and at the like 7K it's going it would take me ages to finish, I'll seed as soon as i get it downloaded and installed on my 5MBps cable line, so someone please help out so i can get this ASAP.

That is Myzar's idea of getting back at Apple for the "Don't steal OS X.kext". All it is doing is installing the Maxxuss patches.

As for your benchmark problems, you might want to look and see if the correct kexts are loading for your graphics, since it looks like your graphics scores are really dragging you down.

please how i do that....my card is intel GMA900

There is no difference with installing 10.4.4 or not ,in relative to turning off the amd support. i tryed and i can easyly say that i can turn of amd support in installer with 10.4.5 upgrade enabled, and it works stable afther install, but... the first boot is good to make in secure mode ( -x while booting) if you do that you can check is the problem either in lack of some kexts or wrong patch (cause the system should boot if it is installed corectly or not if its f***ed :lol: )

and i can say that iDVD is working :) (some people were saing that is not) i know that problem for that people is not in the iDVD binary but in the video card support (iDVD cant identyfy the card type and cant drwa the picture, so they should trye some kext loading things :) )

Cheers

Same outcome here.

Installed with AMD enabled with 10.4.5 update disabled. System profiler shows only sse2 feature.

No difference in performance though.

kaos

Same outcome here.

Installed with AMD enabled with 10.4.5 update disabled. System profiler shows only sse2 feature.

No difference in performance though.

kaos

I wanted to say, that when you are intel proc. owner and you wil enable the amd patches in installer you may find some problems with proper hardware support, i have had that problem on my mashine, evetytime i included the amd patches (i'm intel owner , see spec of the hardware) there was no graphics card support (only working with safe boot) and no sound, and even not booting at all sometimes(black screen forever and system hanged afther tryeing to load some modules for usb dev while booting), unchecking the amd patches in installer made the system 100% working , with full acceleration for i915GL and multichannel sound on my sound card, just like that *"PUFF"* (I was installingsystem with 10.4.5 update too , 10.4.5 makes system much more stable + 2006.001 sec update it gets very fast and stable) but as i know 10.4.5 patch will not improve the efficency on every hardware, cause it is more "thin" in hardware support so i think that on the systems with no SSE3 it might get the system working slower (but i'm not sure cause i have got SSE3 and no acces to SSE2 only hardware)

It works (my 10.4.5) more stable (all the stuffi have ) than the PPC version was working on my old iBook G3 (no system hungs, very fast interface).

Strange thing, there was no problems with compiling the gettext binaries, in the 10.4 - 10.4.3 i had some problems with that (slow and sometimes needed to recompile two or three times cause the system was saying that there is no gettext) right now i had no such a problems.

Cheers

if you want to know what patches are applied from the myz DVD patch to your system try the follow step (by maxxuss)

strings -a /mach_kernel | grep -i maxxuss

mine is:

MAXXUSS CPUID Panic Patch

MAXXUSS RTC Panic Patch

MAXXUSS Kernel (v0.4)

MAXXUSS AMD Enabler

MAXXUSS SSE3-Emulator v5.0-8G1165

i unselected the AMD patch option in the install but is the same, no SSE3 available....

that is why my machine fall close to 50% in performance, SSE3 is emulated even on my pentium 4 660 .....i'll back to 10.4.3

Hello My first post :)

I install 10.4.4/5 version on two machines one it's an intel so there is no problem the other it's an ASUS P4PE 845chipset everything seems to working fine and good despite the network card... sometimes it's looses the IP config as it not seein it also I can't see the network at all, I can though give smb:// and connect to server but it's not visible on my finder... with 10.4.3 I had no network problem.. shall I put the drivers for network from the 10.4.3?

Another thing I try the "strings -a /mach_kernel | grep -i maxxuss" command and I get the same thing, I do uncheck the AMD option.. my CPU it's a Pentium 4 1.9Ghz but recognize it as 3.2Ghz beside that i did not see any difference in perfomance... the 10.4.3 was a little bit faster I say but I had those unoid restart problem every 15 minutes... This version is for me by far the most stable version as it is without modying anything...

I'll try to install it on a nx9105 hp notebook with mobile AMD athlon 64 3200+ to see what happens... :thumbsdown_anim:

i unselected the AMD patch option in the install but is the same, no SSE3 available....

that is why my machine fall close to 50% in performance, SSE3 is emulated even on my pentium 4 660 .....i'll back to 10.4.3

Hmm I unselected the AMD too and there is the same in the kernel you've got,

psylocybe:~ net$ strings -a /mach_kernel | grep -i maxxuss

MAXXUSS RTC Panic Patch

MAXXUSS Kernel (v0.4)

MAXXUSS AMD Enabler

but i know tah the system is more stable and works really faster than the 10.4.3 was.

no hungs, improved kext loading, better aplication suport, so i will stay with 10.4.5, you should trye to apply the 2006.001security patch by maxxus it's fixing many problems.

Cheers

I had this last post problem, but I´ve done this:

1) Booted up 10.4.4/5 Myzar Patched DVD and ERASED the HD I choose to install OS X. Quited Disc Utility and restarted the PC

2) Installed the OSX without .5 atualization - All fine and working, no more blinking cursors. Darwin boot fine!

3) Rebooted and performed an upgrade to 10.4.5. Everything fine at all.

Will try again to install directly to 10.4.5 later today.

How can you skip the .5 atualization? I search between the customized components but is wasn't there..

Hmm I unselected the AMD too and there is the same in the kernel you've got,

psylocybe:~ net$ strings -a /mach_kernel | grep -i maxxuss

MAXXUSS RTC Panic Patch

MAXXUSS Kernel (v0.4)

MAXXUSS AMD Enabler

but i know tah the system is more stable and works really faster than the 10.4.3 was.

no hungs, improved kext loading, better aplication suport, so i will stay with 10.4.5, you should trye to apply the 2006.001security patch by maxxus it's fixing many problems.

Cheers

What unselect AMD in istallation does is no to apply the cpuid-patches or copy those programs, you can see the list at cpuid_patches.txt file

if you want to know what patches are applied from the myz DVD patch to your system try the follow step (by maxxuss)

strings -a /mach_kernel | grep -i maxxuss

mine is:

MAXXUSS RTC Panic Patch

MAXXUSS Kernel (v0.4)

MAXXUSS AMD Enabler

The kernel has nothing to do with what you select during install. That is why Myzar put a copy of Maxxuss' patches for 10.4.4 on the DVD, which includes an original kernel and the patches to make your own. That AMD option during install only removes the cpuid checks from a bunch of other files, it doesn't affect the kernel.

The kernel has nothing to do with what you select during install. That is why Myzar put a copy of Maxxuss' patches for 10.4.4 on the DVD, which includes an original kernel and the patches to make your own. That AMD option during install only removes the cpuid checks from a bunch of other files, it doesn't affect the kernel.

nop....with or without the AMD option the cpuid is the same...in both cases it makes to recognized my CPU as AMD dual core....

nop....with or without the AMD option the cpuid is the same...in both cases it makes to recognized my CPU as AMD dual core....

because it's not the amd enabler kernel patch screwing it , it's the cpuid one , that patch isn't related to amd, maxxuss coded it to fix a panic problem with a cpu model i can't recall now

about your box running 50% slower isn't for sse3 {censored} for sure again it's not emulated, is it a dual core ? the cpuid patch is known to screw dual core recognition.

because it's not the amd enabler kernel patch screwing it , it's the cpuid one , that patch isn't related to amd, maxxuss coded it to fix a panic problem with a cpu model i can't recall now

about your box running 50% slower isn't for sse3 {censored} for sure again it's not emulated, is it a dual core ? the cpuid patch is known to screw dual core recognition.

hello myzar, no, it isn't a dual core, tiger 10.4.3. recognized in the right way (one core, two logic processors)with the HT on off switch, but now tiger 10.4.5. showme a dual core (the clock speed is ok, no HT switch) and i can enable one or two cores,....

cheers

hello myzar, no, it isn't a dual core, tiger 10.4.3. recognized in the right way (one core, two logic processors)with the HT on off switch, but now tiger 10.4.5. showme a dual core (the clock speed is ok, no HT switch) and i can enable one or two cores,....

cheers

sorry another thing....10.4.5. run fine like 10.4.3. (no kernel panics, no freeze, etc) but slower on some applications like quicktime (video is a little bit slower than sound) or some widgets and itunes start for e.g.

Hello My first post :)

I install 10.4.4/5 version on two machines one it's an intel so there is no problem the other it's an ASUS P4PE 845chipset everything seems to working fine and good despite the network card... sometimes it's looses the IP config as it not seein it also I can't see the network at all, I can though give smb:// and connect to server but it's not visible on my finder... with 10.4.3 I had no network problem.. shall I put the drivers for network from the 10.4.3?

Another thing I try the "strings -a /mach_kernel | grep -i maxxuss" command and I get the same thing, I do uncheck the AMD option.. my CPU it's a Pentium 4 1.9Ghz but recognize it as 3.2Ghz beside that i did not see any difference in perfomance... the 10.4.3 was a little bit faster I say but I had those unoid restart problem every 15 minutes... This version is for me by far the most stable version as it is without modying anything...

I'll try to install it on a nx9105 hp notebook with mobile AMD athlon 64 3200+ to see what happens... :)

I think that installer (myzar's) automatically puts the 10.4.3 IONetworking.kext in there...