Hard to believe but update in the works

eddie11c

120 posts in this topic

Hi eddy

I use a notebook amilo pro with a intel 900/915 chipset.

It rocks on 10.4.11 with qe and ci but there aren't any driver for leopard....

So i read in the forum that the trick for tiger work on leopard (10.4.11 xxx install disk have the driver )

If you can use it in your disk i thank you!!!.

(so intel 900/915 have some fastidious problem ...when leopard start graphic interface...the main display go off...it's a problem resolved with correct driver.)

So in the next day i try to attach in this forum the correct driver. But i need help from other user with 900/915 chipset...

I am fairly new at this. I just installed Leo4Allv3 last week on one machine with the ASUS P5k-E board. It is now working nearly perfect, minus the audio extras. It was a week of intense learning( and joy) as I tried to redo it 6, 7 times to get the hang of it. Man, in the Windows world, it would have been calamities. Here, each install would only take about an hour from scratch.

I did several attempts on other machines at home with NVidia chipset. The HTPC machines all have NVidia MCP73 chipset and they won't install at all 'cause MAC installer won't see any hard drives.

Maybe I don't know much about this process yet, but I need to ask anyway. Here is my question/request.

Is there support for this tyope of motherboard? Where would I go to find info on this? If I had to buy an addon internal SATA card to make it work, what SATA chipset would this distro support- Silicon Image, VIA, SIS or else?

This last suggestion might be my cheapest solution to the NVidia mass storage problem on install, instead of sort of replacing all motherboards withIntel ICHx chipset.

Any comments from anyone?

Thank you

A better AppleACPIPlatform and AppleACPI kext on the install dvd! 

All the vostros and some inspirons can't get the install to boot

The boot thing is such a pain and I'm sure I'm a pain going on about it, too! Acer user here, intel. I'm worried I'm going to wear out my power button. Takes about three to four attempts to boot up and sometimes the keyboard doesn't work. freezes with mention of ACPIPS2Nub and appleacpiplatform.

I just switched from v2 to v3, and for the most part everything works wonderfully. But if I use the installer on the DVD for my nVidia 8800gts 640mb, the screen blanks out after going thru the verbose boot (this after the install and on my actually OS boot). But if I install without the nVidia drivers and then install the kexts and NVinject using NVInstallerV.41, it works fine. I don't know what the difference is causing the problem. Its only a minor issue since everything works for me in the long run, but I thought I'd point it out in case its a simple fix.

I had this problem as well with a 384mb 8800GS except my system would hang during the boot process. Installing without graphics drivers let me boot into OS X and I then used NVInstaller with the Vanilla 256mb driver and all is well. System Profiler even displays the correct VRAM.

Hey if you know of a better version that the one from 10.4.5 Tiger then please tell.... I would love to get rid of this issue for people, but don't know of a way currently.
Just venting, sorry :unsure: not at you and your excellent releases - but at 'it'. Deeply frustrating. I suspect the same will hold true for the new iATKOS. I would love to use Tiger on that laptop but there are no drivers for the GMA X3100, as far as I have been able to find any.

Get them before they go.

Sick of trying to get your X300 working with more resolution options?

Newegg have a great special on a 7300GT 256Mb - installed one this afternoon, loaded NVInject with all drivers then installed and booted. It works without any drama.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814500033

$19.99 ($29.99 less $10 rebate)

I have some people testing right now, but am still waiting to finish some updates. I think AMD compatibility is working now in chameleon(new EFI) so I am hopeful to add this, will need to do some more testing first.

i've discovered that original realtek drivers published on their website (version 2.0.0, released 2008/3/26) work perfectly for my 8111-8139 integrated ethernet on gigabyte p35-ds3l. no modification necessary.

Fully agree with including the "real" Realtek v2.0 drivers for gig ethernet adapters.

I've been using them with both PCI card based 8169 cards and those motherboards with integrated Realtek gigabit chips.

Have been very stable.

Has solved stability issues for a few folks I recommended it to.

Hi there!

First of all, thanks for the disc .... A very good install disc overall. Very complete and users have the options to test a lot of options.

However I would like to point (if I am correct, I apologise), this is about the options for GMA950 kexts / fix.

This is especially true for especially Dell notebooks. I have seen people with Acer/Compaq/Toshiba/etc - all having success with the fix but no one confirmed success for GMA950 on laptops.

Might be best to put a description in there for users choosing GMA950 (...eg this is not applicable for dell) or something.

Hey Eddie,

Can you add ATI SB600 support? Cuz I tried to install Leo4All v3 before

and you told me that ATI SB600 was a {censored}, and that I had to inject

the kext, which didnt wanna work for me. So if you can, can you make this realease compatible with the ATI SB600. I would really like to try Leo4All on my AMD box. I know Ive said this in the IRC about SB600. Yet, I cant boot into any of the other installers except Zephyroth's.

Keep Up the good work Eddie. And It would be nice to pop in and say Hi once in a while in the IRC!! :unsure:

For those that don't want to wait to be accepted for membership to the Wiki The secret password to sign up for the Leo4All wiki is leo4allrulez!

Hi Eddie

Nice work and good luck with your new release..

I'm writing from Leo4All v3 :(

Could you please include Taruga AD1988b installer for Analog Devices sound cards?

It works for a lot of people (take a look here) and it works for me too.

It's the only kext that makes my mic work so i can use VoIP on my Hackint0sh.

Cheers

Taruga_AD1988b_rev4_Installer.zip

this will give notebook users with Keyboard issues, Synapticspads scrolling, tapping etc AND Powermanagement with batterymeter!

Install description inside the zipfile

Will this get a Gateway ML6720 notebook keyboard working? I've tried so many things and have had no success. So, I had to reinstall, but now I can't complete the install process because the keyboard won't work during or after the install.

Would be a great patch in the install DVD to get the keyboard working from the beginning. The trackpad works, but all I see in verbose mode is:

ApplePS/2Keyboard probe failed

ApplePS/2Trackpad Synaptics TouchPad

hi eddie,

I updated my system with a geforce 8600gt and did a

clean install.

Although I could install nvinject and the card was recognized correctly I had a startup freeze after installing the nvidia kexts.

I tried every combination - allways freeze at the end of verbose mode, right before switching to the desktop.

It worked finally when I did an install without any drivers and used nvinstaller 4.1 for installing the drivers.

Since the files should be the same, maybe there is someting wrong with the nvidia installation of v3.

I had the exact same problem, only with an 8800gs. Oddly, the 8600gt I had before worked perfectly, but when I did a fresh install with the 8800, it always froze right at the end of verbose mode. Installing with the updated kexts in nvinstaller .41 finally got it running. Its been purring along nicely now for the last few weeks. Now if I could just get it to wake from sleep...

... I had a startup freeze after installing the nvidia kexts.

I tried every combination - allways freeze at the end of verbose mode, right before switching to the desktop.

It worked finally when I did an install without any drivers and used nvinstaller 4.1 for installing the drivers.

Since the files should be the same, maybe there is someting wrong with the nvidia installation of v3.

I have 8600GT too but nvinstaller41 doesn't work for me.. just get kernel panic everytime i boot.. :(

nvidia kexts of leo4allv3 + nvinject 0.2.1 work perfect :(

so files are different from nvinstaller41 and nvidia installation of v3 works just fine..

write your specs in your signature ;)

what about 10.5.3 eddie?

will you make leo4allv4 based on 10.5.3? hope so..

great work, anyway!

i'm living just for your new release and for the iPhone 3G :D

If I have time in the next week or so I plan on adding 10.5.3. Just time lately has been very short to work on anything. I will post an update once I make some progress(All I need to do at this point is integrate 10.5.3 and add a couple device drivers and update the video drivers again.