Hard to believe but update in the works

eddie11c

120 posts in this topic

Ok this is hard to believe as I just released Leo4Allv3 and many are still downloading, but I have decided already to make a permenant patch. There are a few things I would like to do, one big one is not using efi on the install disk. I will also add an option to install without efi(hopefully I can figure out a better way to do this than my current setup) This will help alot of people out with the instant reboots. There is roughly 150MB of space so if you have some specific driver you would like to see added, or some other option now is your chance. Please be very specific in your requests. I need the actual kext if its for support, or a package if there are multiple files is fine too(please do not post a link to some long thread expecting me to find it!). I need to know specifically what the kext supports.

A good example would be:

Hey I would like to see an additional option for GMA950 with the attached kext. This provides QE/CI/Resolution without visual glitches. I have tested this on my own card(If its limited to 1 device ID please state that along with the Device ID).

Do not include codec dumps for soundcards, there are too many of them and many barely work. I will probably not include all of them if there is a lot of responses, but will included what I can for widest support. If a driver on the current DVD is not working, but you found a version that does please note which one did not work for you.

If there is a specific application(it must be small) that is a must have for you, that would also be a valid request.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Hi Eddie, thanks for your great work and I am very exciting with your new v3. I have your Leo4all v2 installed, everything works fine and the only problem is my pci Intel Pro/1000 MT desttop adapter, the chipset it uses is 82540EM, the embedded Intel 8254x kext does not work with this card, the network setting reports the presence of this card, but it says "Cable Unplugged", however, it can get ip and router address, and even can go web-browsing, but will hang up the system. Is there anything you can do with this?

Eddie, I'll send you it in a day or so if you want but the ICH9 kexts actually have a small fix to get rid of the Orange drives, not the "fix" from Tiger but an additional one. If you want me to patch it and then send you the kexts, just shoot me a PM or post here.

Eddie, I'll send you it in a day or so if you want but the ICH9 kexts actually have a small fix to get rid of the Orange drives, not the "fix" from Tiger but an additional one. If you want me to patch it and then send you the kexts, just shoot me a PM or post here.

The fix for Orange drivers is not really a fix at all. When drives have ACHI enabled they are meant to be hot swappable, changing the drive color means nothing. This can easily be done inside Leopard if you don't like orange drives. Additionally I did include candybar in the applications for those that can't be bothered to copy and paste to the drive.

The fix for Orange drivers is not really a fix at all. When drives have ACHI enabled they are meant to be hot swappable, changing the drive color means nothing. This can easily be done inside Leopard if you don't like orange drives. Additionally I did include candybar in the applications for those that can't be bothered to copy and paste to the drive.

It's a small code addition to Blockstorage, a plugin within IOAHCIFamily.

Are the 10.5.2 graphics kexts in Leo4Allv3 the latest? The NVinstaller .41 apparently has newer kexts that come with the new Macbook Pros.

The reason I ask is because I have a GeForce 7950GTX Go in my laptop, and it only works with this newer kext set along with a test build of nvInject (the NVinject.0.2.1_GoTest2.zip file in *this* thread). I tried Leo4Allv3 without the NVinstaller .41, using just the nvInject, and it did not work.

Thats not true. There really is a fix for this. It defines the SATA drives as internal devices which then don't get external hotswappable icons.

I just switched from v2 to v3, and for the most part everything works wonderfully. But if I use the installer on the DVD for my nVidia 8800gts 640mb, the screen blanks out after going thru the verbose boot (this after the install and on my actually OS boot). But if I install without the nVidia drivers and then install the kexts and NVinject using NVInstallerV.41, it works fine. I don't know what the difference is causing the problem. Its only a minor issue since everything works for me in the long run, but I thought I'd point it out in case its a simple fix.

Thats not true. There really is a fix for this. It defines the SATA drives as internal devices which then don't get external hotswappable icons.

So you say, my drives are internal, but I can open the side and hot swap them still.... This is just a matter of perspective I guess.

Ok this is hard to believe as I just released Leo4Allv3 and many are still downloading, but I have decided already to make a permenant patch. There are a few things I would like to do, one big one is not using efi on the install disk. I will also add an option to install without efi(hopefully I can figure out a better way to do this than my current setup) This will help alot of people out with the instant reboots. There is roughly 150MB of space so if you have some specific driver you would like to see added, or some other option now is your chance. Please be very specific in your requests. I need the actual kext if its for support, or a package if there are multiple files is fine too(please do not post a link to some long thread expecting me to find it!). I need to know specifically what the kext supports.

Hi eddie11c,

I would like to see an additional option for uli526x NIC driver (PCGenUli526xEthernet.kext). I am using this driver on ASUS K8U-X motherboard with AMD Sempron CPU. Here is the link (Post #17):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry274469

Thanks in advance and look forward to your Non-EFI installation disk.

Chun-Nan

P.S.

I have revised AppleSMBIOS-27 source code (combined with AppleSMBIOS-4) to make it work both on EFI and Non-EFI system. I am using it on ASUS K8U-X with Non-EFI system. You can take a look.

AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

hi eddie11c,

that's nice. In short: look at XxX 10.4.11, that's what I would call a 99% perfect install DVD!

What I would like to see above all are:

1) orbyte's PCGen kext in the DVD mkext and in the installer options (mkext so one can install to USB)

2) Master Chun-Nan kexts in the installer options

you find the links in my sig :)

Thanks,

Bugs

hi eddie11c,

that's nice. In short: look at XxX 10.4.11, that's what I would call a 99% perfect install DVD!

What I would like to see above all are:

1) orbyte's PCGen kext in the DVD mkext and in the installer options (mkext so one can install to USB)

2) Master Chun-Nan kexts in the installer options

you find the links in my sig :)

Thanks,

Bugs

Never used XxX DVD but I definately agree with those two kexts, essential for laptop users!

Zillion thanks Eddie11c.

I´d like support for the ALC268 sound driver. I don´t know the kext, but I can give you the installer that works, downloaded from this forum.

ALC268_Installer2.zip

Secondly, my Zydas USB dongle does not work with the option from leo4allv3, but it does with this small app I´m uploading.

ZDA211MacUSB_install_4_5_9_0.rar

Next some feedback from your previous release, my nvidia card is 8600m gt 512ddr2, the dev id is included in leo4allv3 release notes, but it doesn´t work. dev id 0407. I always have to install nvinstaller v33 (latest nvinstaller v41 inhibits correct shutdown). My question is why is it not possible that this card works flawlessly right out of the box, been almost a clone of the MacBook´s?

Also I´d like this app installed, its freeware and shows the temp of my hard drive and two cores, since it´s bigger than 2 megs I copy the download link:

http://www.bresink.eu/Downloads/TemperatureMonitor.dmg

This other tool is really helpful to find anything in OSX, its called Quicksilver.

Quicksilver.3815.dmg

My worst concern though is overheating my laptop, I need a way to control my fan because nothing seems to work, I need a bundle that works.

Thanks for your time and efforts, do what you can.

Compal IFL90. Sager 2090. Ahtec fl90....BTO...Powerbook....and many more clones.

Hi there. I was just posting to give you some device/vendor IDs for my hardware. (Azalia sound video card, SATA and IDE, etc, etc.) I'm not sure if it was you, eddie, who downloaded my sysinfo.txt from my forum topic... But just so it's all in one neat little file instead of spread out over a huge page, here you go.Detailed_chipset_and_video_info.txt

I tried finding a kext out there for my ATI chipset, but I didn't have any luck. I did however get a chip number for the 0x438c ID. It's identified as an ATI RD/RS600, not SB... Also, I just wanted to double-check if you have complete support for the AMD 690G Northbridge chip.

Thanks, and keep it up!

OK just an update, I have the non EFI version installing now on my old P4 laptop. Will not have more time to play with it until tomorrow night most likely. I will take all request into consideration. I was looking at the USBGen kext, but did not see a link for the version of IOUSBFamily needed. If you have this could you post it for me here? Aslo have yet to see the AHCI orange color drive patch that was talked about earlier. If you have this patch please post it for me so I don't have to waste alot of time searching for it.

Thanks in advance!

I can post the code for you or I can give you my edited kext, PM me if you want the edited kext. Here is the code:

Go to the extension directory for IOAHCIFamily. Inside you will find a plugin called IOAHCIBlockStorage. Edit this plist.

Search for IOAHCIDevice. After it you will want to insert:

<key>Physical Interconnect</key>
<string>SATA</string>
<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>
<string>Internal</string>
<key>Protocol Characteristics</key>
<dict>
<key>Physical Interconnect</key>
<string>SATA</string>
<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>
<string>Internal</string>
</dict>

Note that you insert it directly after IOAHCIDevice, not after /dict or something like that, directly after it.

Credits for this fix go to Dense.