Hard to believe but update in the works

eddie11c

120 posts in this topic

this ICH8-R kext loads the ProuctID for Dell XPS410(Dimension 9200) to start in Raid mode not AHCI mode

if you would like to add the Id to your AppleAHCIPort.kext that would be nice:

<key>ICH8RAHCI</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>

<key>Chipset Name</key>

<string>ICH8-R AHCI</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleAHCI</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x28218086 0x28228086</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>2000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>Vendor Name</key>

<string>Intel</string>

</dict>

SticMAN

I agree with Sticman.

I posted this same ICH8R fix back in November.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...86&hl=ich8r

It would be nice to see it added to the distros

It would also be nice to see the tulip ethernet driver in the distros. This has been working since 10.4.3 but never gets included. Use the Tulip 1.2 as it has the most device ids.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry38422

Dogbert's CMI8738 sound driver still works in Leopard.

Use the 10.4.8 version -- you can download it here.

http://scifi.pages.at/ffm-2/

hi eddie.

i already asked this, but i guess i was late for the v3.

the problem is my radeon 3870 (by gigabyte, device 9501, vendor 1002) works only with triakis driver package, and not with the newer natits.

there are a few more users i chatted with on irc who had the same problem.

new lamna natit for some reason works only for some 3850 and 3870's, not all.

triakis package works fine when installed after leopard graphics update - if applied after triakis, leo graphics update breaks qe/ci.

it would be nice to have it on the dvd for those unlucky users like me.

once again, thank you for devoting your time and efforts into this.

respect.

this will give notebook users with Keyboard issues, Synapticspads scrolling, tapping etc AND Powermanagement with batterymeter!

Install description inside the zipfile

Synaptics Support with scrolling would be great.

HI eddie !

I would like it very much if the following will be inculded :

1. Marvell Yukon 88E8053 . Attached IONetworkFamily KEXT with modified Info.plist in Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext : IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

2. Superhai's modified AppleSMBios.KEXT with hardcoded FSB's ( not already included memory speed modes , but bus speed mods ) . Attached for 533 bus, and more available at : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=98581&st=0 .

533: AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

3. Texas Instruments (and more )IOPCCardFamily and IOPCIFamily kext's will enable use of the internal PCI, PCIe and PCMCIA slots. PCI_Card.zip

@ Eddie11c

Kind of a little off topic but...

Some of us are working on getting our HP tx1000/tx2000 series tablets up and running with your v2 release (the v3 seems to have some unknown issue booting on the hardware sometimes) in this thread. There has been some talk about creating our own disk with your v2 as a base to start from. Wondering if you would be inclined to share with me your "voodoo" and let me know how you create your install disks?

Either way, thanks for a GREAT contribution to the community!

With Leo4AllV3, I

1. have tried but failed many times to get a BETTER THAN 1024x768 LCD screen resolution on a Sony Vaio VGN-FE45G/W, the built-in video card is Nvidia GeForce 7600Go 256MB.
  2. as usual, can't get 'Intel Pro Wireless 3945 ABG' wi-fi to work, I don't think there is a current fix for it. This is not as important as the nvidia 7600GO issue, as the Intel Pro/100VE works fine.

Thanks.

Model: SONY VAIO VGN-FE45G/W

CPU: Intel C2D T5600 1.8GHz

RAM: 2GB DDR2 667MHz

Video: NVidia GeForce 7600GO 256MB (vendor-10de, Device-0398) (can't get better than 1024x res.)

NIC: Intel Pro / 100VE

Wifi: Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG (does not work)

Sound: Sigmatel HD Audio (does not work as well)

there is something, that i've so far only seen in Kalyway, it's an input option for keyboard, called "français pc", that put your keyboard like a french pc keyboard. Including that in your update could be great for every french user.

thanks!

Hi Eddie,

It's still impossible to boot from VIA6421-connected SATA drives. It would be fantastic

if you can do something to help so many FSC Amilo users. Anyway thanks for Leo4Allv3,

It's working perfect on my desktop. Keep it going.

this will give notebook users with Keyboard issues, Synapticspads scrolling, tapping etc AND Powermanagement with batterymeter!

Install description inside the zipfile

Screwed up my Leo4AllV3 :)

And powermanagement with battery meter was working. Just synaptics won't work. And I'm missing the mouse and keyboard settings with Leo4AllV3 release under System Configurations.

With Leo4AllV3, I
  1. have tried but failed many times to get a BETTER THAN 1024x768 LCD screen resolution on a Sony Vaio VGN-FE45G/W, the built-in video card is Nvidia GeForce 7600Go 256MB.
  2. as usual, can't get 'Intel Pro Wireless 3945 ABG' wi-fi to work, I don't think there is a current fix for it. This is not as important as the nvidia 7600GO issue, as the Intel Pro/100VE works fine.

Thanks.

Model: SONY VAIO VGN-FE45G/W

CPU: Intel C2D T5600 1.8GHz

RAM: 2GB DDR2 667MHz

Video: NVidia GeForce 7600GO 256MB (vendor-10de, Device-0398) (can't get better than 1024x res.)

NIC: Intel Pro / 100VE

Wifi: Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG (does not work)

Sound: Sigmatel HD Audio (does not work as well)

7600go isn't problematic at all, select Nvinject Go and it should be good to go. If all else fails, use EFI string and make it yourself using gfxutil and IORegistryExplorer, really not that hard.

Hi Eddie, Finally yr v3 with swap old Nforce kext recognized my laptop' HD (it is Nforce 560 chipsets), but the problem is It can't format the HD. I try to fomat it but few second or about minus the screen become grabage or gray collor and the system hang. Do you know what happend and how to fix it? Thx alot!

I have included some of the requests already, but have been really busy lately. Hopefully I will have more time next few days to go over everything again. The problem with the 560 chipset is it seems to be using AHCI but this is currently not supported causing it to freeze whenever you try to write to the drive. I have been testing a number of things, I will keep you updated if I find a way to work around this.

Zillion thanks Eddie11c.

I´d like support for the ALC268 sound driver. I don´t know the kext, but I can give you the installer that works, downloaded from this forum.

ALC268_Installer2.zip

Secondly, my Zydas USB dongle does not work with the option from leo4allv3, but it does with this small app I´m uploading.

ZDA211MacUSB_install_4_5_9_0.rar

Next some feedback from your previous release, my nvidia card is 8600m gt 512ddr2, the dev id is included in leo4allv3 release notes, but it doesn´t work. dev id 0407. I always have to install nvinstaller v33 (latest nvinstaller v41 inhibits correct shutdown). My question is why is it not possible that this card works flawlessly right out of the box, been almost a clone of the MacBook´s?

Also I´d like this app installed, its freeware and shows the temp of my hard drive and two cores, since it´s bigger than 2 megs I copy the download link:

http://www.bresink.eu/Downloads/TemperatureMonitor.dmg

This other tool is really helpful to find anything in OSX, its called Quicksilver.

Quicksilver.3815.dmg

My worst concern though is overheating my laptop, I need a way to control my fan because nothing seems to work, I need a bundle that works.

Thanks for your time and efforts, do what you can.

Compal IFL90. Sager 2090. Ahtec fl90....BTO...Powerbook....and many more clones.

This is a BEAUTIFUL recommendation post. That is exactly what it should look like, a link to the file or an attachment.

Now here comes my request, I saw someone else said this but I have more to add.

I would love it if you could add support for MacVidia using a specific driver. Version 1.0.7 specifically.

Here is a link to download it and I will attach it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/65448683/NVDriver107.zip

The reason I would like this is because so far it is the only one that remotely support the Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 on-board video card.

Thanks so much for all you have done and how receptive you are to criticism. If only more people would be as dedicated as you.

NVDriver107.zip