The Poll Is On- Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose?

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose? (1791 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose?

1. Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev.2 (78 votes [3.98%])

Percentage of vote: 3.98%

2. Kalway Intel/AMD 10.5.2 (793 votes [40.48%])

Percentage of vote: 40.48%

3. Leo4Allv3 10.5.2 Intel/AMD (392 votes [20.01%])

Percentage of vote: 20.01%

4. JaS Intel / Leopard (138 votes [7.04%])

Percentage of vote: 7.04%

5. iATKOS / Leopard (266 votes [13.58%])

Percentage of vote: 13.58%

6. I like Retail Installs with Patches. =) (235 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

7. Neither of them, I'm a chicken. (57 votes [2.91%])

Percentage of vote: 2.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Jenifer

Jenifer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I like version XxX because it is simple to install the drivers !

Tinet

Tinet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Chaos Test 5 (Tiger 10.4.10) from Netkas' Team is, so far, the most reliable distribution I've ever tried. Works perfect on my two mobo's :( 100% working, 90% oob and 10% after apply the patches. I'm quite happy with it!!. I'm just wondering if there were another distribution (test 6 and so on) to be a powerfull 10.4.11 distribution. :dev:

Sorry, I love Tiger, just like Leopard. :wacko:

daytodie

daytodie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
None of the above, I use iDeneb 1.3 OS X 10.5.5

tonik23

tonik23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
iATKOS 10.5.5 works so well on my dell xps 1530 4gig.

Prior to this I had kalyway 10.5.2 and that worked ok before I upgraded to 4gig RAM. After that I would give kernel panic after 10mins.

So I decided to try iATKOS and has not
Crashed ever since. Very happy with the distro.

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
I've successfully installed and updated Kalyway 10.5.2 (you didn't fix the spelling of that one yet!) iATKOS and JaS 10.5.4 on various PCs.

Next choice is easy because when PPF3 is released, PCWiz' iPC is the only distro that supports the IDE controller on my motherboard and that's where my DVD drive is. So until i can get a SATA DVD drive that's the only distro I can install.

At this moment the Asus P5Q-E in my signature is running a clone of the Jas OSx86 install from my old PC.

teme

teme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
running iATKOS 10.5.4 AMD over here
working smooth as butter ;)
its the only one i've tried yet, so i voted for that one

GFOnyX

GFOnyX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
none of the above...

I use iPC OSX86 10.5.6

Reinekis

Reinekis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Zephyroth. Why? Worked flawlessly from the start so didn't try any other distribution :(

viperfx

viperfx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
You should add XxX and iPC, both 10.5.6. :wallbash:

Bobby0724

Bobby0724

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
I have try all of them and the one i like the most is
iAtkos 5i because it install the most stable vanilla and without dsdt on my machine

but i have use some drivers from the other distributions

michaspoli

michaspoli

Spo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Have Fun
2 Netbooks Acer Aspire One 150 and Samsung NC 10, I installed with IDeneb 10.5.5 (IDE2USB Konverter DVD-ROM). Both works very good.
After this - normal postpatching.
My Dell Latitude D530 , only Leo4All works. Ideneb and 10.5.6 PCWIZ stop at booting IOATA.
Often had good Installs with Kalyway 10.5.2 (good Boards Gigabyte - Asus -965 -P35- 945 chips

I think, at first you should try a version like 10.5.5 IDENEB. If the Install fail 10.5.4 JAS. .....10.5.2 to 10.5.1

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Please mods, close this ancient thread and start a new one :rolleyes:

rtomek

rtomek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
newbmac, I agree. I hopped in here because it was third from the top and was wondering what the heck people are still doing leaving comments here. Then I say your comment and sig and thought now that iPC 10.5.6 is out everything else (well except retail DVD install) is pretty much obsolete...

ModdTaco

ModdTaco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Kalyway 10.5.2 because it works best on my Custom Dell 5150. I tried the new iAtkos 5i as I wanted a upgradable system. Couldn't figure out how to keep it as "updateable".

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

newbmac, I agree. I hopped in here because it was third from the top and was wondering what the heck people are still doing leaving comments here. Then I say your comment and sig and thought now that iPC 10.5.6 is out everything else (well except retail DVD install) is pretty much obsolete...

PCWiz really did an amazing job with his release. Kalyway and these other ancients ones need to be archived and stored away.

xakarix84

xakarix84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I using iDeneb, so i have to choose i'm a chicken. =(

rheneas

rheneas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
As an absolute noob, Kalyway worked well for me. I consulted the HCL first and selected as many components that worked OOB as possible. Guides from PCWiz and Weaksauce were invaluable in walking me through installation.

After I gained some experience, I lusted after a retail install. I tried several methods, finding success with LTL's guide. In some ways it was easier than Kaly's.

If I were starting as a noob today, I'd go for PCWiz's iPC distro. He's done an enormous amount of impressive work for this community, and his distro would bring you right up to 10.5.6.

Good luck with whatever distro you choose. I love my Hack and use it more than the PC in the same case!

{{_King AJ_}}

{{_King AJ_}}

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
iDeneb on my desktop and iAtkos for my laptop.

gengstapo

gengstapo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
for me, the best but make me faint leo4allv3. ive try all other distro but seems they just refuse to boot after finish installation. leo4allv4.1 not bad but it can only be installed on my lower spec pc. i like "WTF is goin' on?". since only v3 can be installed successfully & able to be updated until 10.5.6, i think my vote goes to v3.

congratss.. sigh B)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
iPC is probably the best thing ever, at least for starter.

Note: Getting a $499 ADC membership to buy myself this 2799 euro expensive MacPro for only $2000 (do the math) was probably the smartest thing to do :-)

Tip: ten people could invest $349.90 each to get a ADC Premier Membership, including a huge discount on ten MacPro's (for example).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy