• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

rumblpak

rumblpak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

ok so i decided to make a little compilation folder of all the HUDS on this thread, that way anyone can just dl this instead of every individual one, also within here, are pretty much two of the same thing, macprodan's about this mac / shutdown windows installer package, along with another package to have the are you sure you want to log off screen hud. also the MACOSX.tiff, file is so you can replace the original white apple logo with the black one, and then ofc, the black speaker for itunes. also the link for the ical HUD is not working, and i wonder if anyone, can make a system preferences HUD. also does anyone know if the iChat HUD and software update HUDs work/are out?
since, there are only 2mb upload limits, the compilation is divided into 3 folders, although you can always put them all into one..

ichat wont work because of how it updates windows. no one has replied to tell me if the software update works or not. there hasn't been an update for me to test it with. it should work but I dont know if updates will show in the window until a new one comes out.

Robbiem

Robbiem

Masta of the Rasta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Mac, Xbox360, Leopard, OSX86, Modding
Attached File  Leopard_HUD_Installer.zip   1.29MB   477 downloads
Attached File  Leopard_HUD_Backup_Installer.zip   1.92MB   308 downloads

I made an instaler package for all the HUDs, this way you dont have to spend half an hour manually replacing all the files. this will install and replace them for you.. Made the back up installer for everyone. although doesnt include, VLC or Transmission back ups..
Might i have the software update HUD then? i will place a warning on it untill its made sure to work (even tho it should) but would like to include in the package.

Also does anyone know were a tutorial for making HUDs is? id very much like to learn.

rumblpak

rumblpak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Attached File  Leopard_HUD_Installer.zip   1.29MB   477 downloads
Attached File  Leopard_HUD_Backup_Installer.zip   1.92MB   308 downloads

I made an instaler package for all the HUDs, this way you dont have to spend half an hour manually replacing all the files. this will install and replace them for you.. Made the back up installer for everyone. although doesnt include, VLC or Transmission back ups..
Might i have the software update HUD then? i will place a warning on it untill its made sure to work (even tho it should) but would like to include in the package.
Also does anyone know were a tutorial for making HUDs is? id very much like to learn.

I was looking for a tutorial for when I wanted to do it, as far as I know there isn't one. It pretty much involves either switching a single checkbox or rewriting the entire gui from scratch. The transmission and software update mod had both methods involved. the best way to do it is to copy a english.iprog to your desktop and open the files and screw around with it yourself. the software update mod is on the last page fyi.

Robbiem

Robbiem

Masta of the Rasta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I was looking for a tutorial for when I wanted to do it, as far as I know there isn't one. It pretty much involves either switching a single checkbox or rewriting the entire gui from scratch. The transmission and software update mod had both methods involved. the best way to do it is to copy a english.iprog to your desktop and open the files and screw around with it yourself. the software update mod is on the last page fyi.

well when you get online again, id very much like to talk to you, seeing as how you are substantially more informed than me, would you please contact me, at

my aim - dirtrider1178

also does anyone know were to access the trash from?

DJChee

DJChee

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

also does anyone know were to access the trash from?

Err, by clicking on the Trash in your dock?

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
To sum it up making HUDs in the simplest form = using a drop down menu and clicking a checkbox. You need Interface Builder (comes as part of Xcode)

How to make HUDs for Dummies in 10 easy steps by ~pcwiz

#1 Go into the package contents of the app you want to HUDize (right click >> Show package contents)

#2 Navigate to Contents >> Resources >> English.lproj

#3 Open the MainMenu.nib file in Interface Builder

#4 Click on the app window shown in Interface Builder

#5 In the Inspector window tick the HUD checkbox

#6 Change the class from NSWindow to NSPanel

#7 Save the nib file

#8 Rejoice and drool all over the screen

#9 Do the happy dance

#10 Share your creations with others

Other Notes

The Inspector (open by default) can be opened in either the Tools or Window menu in Interface builder. If you can't find the HUD and class options just look through the different tabs of the Inspector window. Easiest way I can explain it. Maybe not 100% correct because its been a while since I've done it, but accurate enough :unsure:

Robbiem

Robbiem

Masta of the Rasta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Err, by clicking on the Trash in your dock?

lol oh so funny. i meant (just in case you didnt comprehend me the first time) were do you access the trash properties? ie: mainmenu.nib ect...

rumblpak

rumblpak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

lol oh so funny. i meant (just in case you didnt comprehend me the first time) were do you access the trash properties? ie: mainmenu.nib ect...

I took a look for it but I have a feeling the trash properties are in a compiled nib so we cant change it. The last set of instructions are pretty much right but it doesnt say that the choices to do such things like change nswindow to nspanel are in the 5th (4th maybe?) inspector tab and once you change it you have to go to the first inspector tab and click the hud checkbox to make it a hud.

DJChee

DJChee

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

oh haha, now that makes sense..
but no, i dont know where to access it :[

Robbiem

Robbiem

Masta of the Rasta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I took a look for it but I have a feeling the trash properties are in a compiled nib so we cant change it. The last set of instructions are pretty much right but it doesnt say that the choices to do such things like change nswindow to nspanel are in the 5th (4th maybe?) inspector tab and once you change it you have to go to the first inspector tab and click the hud checkbox to make it a hud.

yes, i found that out. once you figure that out, it really is easy.

oh haha, now that makes sense..
but no, i dont know where to access it :[

yea lol, ur prolly right, i just dont know.

rumblpak

rumblpak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
So with the release of 10.5.3 I can confirm that the software update hud works perfectly. Feel free to download and play with it now.

Robbiem

Robbiem

Masta of the Rasta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

So with the release of 10.5.3 I can confirm that the software update hud works perfectly. Feel free to download and play with it now.

seems that the software update folder you provided, is actually the backup folder for software update, wondering if you have the actual HUD folder?

-Robbie

Robbiem

Robbiem

Masta of the Rasta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
not sure if it is related to 10.5.3 only beacause, i didnt spend much time with HUDs in 10.5.2 ... anyhow, when in an app that is HUD enabled, if you click onto another app, the HUD enabled app will NOT hide behind the app you clicked, it will always stay on top.. this problem, has led me to restore default resources folders to all programs, that i use WITH the exception of the shutdown/logout/forcequit/restart/ect... i left all these alone beings as how these particular apps, do not require me to hide them. anyhow, idk if this problem of mine, pertains to 10.5.3 or not, just stating it.

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
AFAIK that's there in 10.5.2 as well. They have to be configured to hide, just "using a dropdown menu and ticking a checkbox" won't cut it :)

Robbiem

Robbiem

Masta of the Rasta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

AFAIK that's there in 10.5.2 as well. They have to be configured to hide, just "using a dropdown menu and ticking a checkbox" won't cut it :)

ah well, i wish some one would have told me that, lol i just reverted everything, but w.e HUD stuff is nice, although to complicated to do on ones own. lol and installer would be nice *cough cough* that would install all of them, and make them hide **** :P

-Robbie

rumblpak

rumblpak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Alright because I pulled a stupid and zipped the wrong folder, here is the software update hud. put it in the english.lproj folder and overwrite the files.

Attached Files

Berzerker

Berzerker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
HUD is designed not to do that because they are only mostly used for windows that will not be open for a very long time, i.e. configuration windows.

userx

userx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Can someone please re-up the iCal HUD mod? The link is dead. Thanks!

http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=744580

DiaboliK

DiaboliK

DiaboliK <- Capital K!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
theres a check box that hides the window upon loss of focus.

i have pointed this out earlier in the thread.

-D-

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
I assume you're talking about the "Hide on Deactivate" checkbox?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy