The NSPanel Thread

204 posts in this topic

As far as I can tell, you can't do iChat since it uses custom NSWindows that have custom selectors. Changing it to an NSPanel would raise an exception (and prevent the window from opening), because an unrecognized selector would always be sent to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone send me the original English whatever folder for Activity Monitor?

I accidently copied over the wrong folder before backing it up.

I don't know what I was thinking, but it changed to System Profiler because I didn't read and clicked the wrong app.

Thanks.

This is definitely Awesome!

Cheer up pals!!!

anyone knows why after i replaced the about this mac my startup disk is gone?

You don't lose buttons, it just gives it a nicer interface to look at ;) Could someone post an iCal HUD please? Can't seem to find one.

EDIT-

Found one hidden away on here, I believe it was Macprodan who posted it. I'm just going to repost it here so people can find it ;)

picture1tr4.png

Download

Instead of asking someone to make the software update HUD i decided to go ahead and make it myself. I'd share it but I'm not sure if its totally working yet. i.e. I dont yet know if updates show up because I'm fully updated. There are also a couple of windows that I don't know how (where?) to change it. If there is someone who isn't fully updated that can test it and there is interest I will upload it.

post-1642-1210966658_thumb.png

post-1642-1210966674_thumb.png

I updated the transmission HUD. I had several problems using the old one. I used the mainmenu.nib from the old one, everything else is completely custom done. Tested to work fine on transmission 1.2 and above (i.e nightlies). What I left out of the conversion was because of memory leaks. Feel free to test and tell me how it works.

[edit] By the way, I left the xib files in their respective locations in case people want to compile their own versions. Feel free to not copy those files to save disk space.

[edit2] I have removed this link in favor of people using the one below.

post-1642-1210993371_thumb.png

Instead of asking someone to make the software update HUD i decided to go ahead and make it myself. I'd share it but I'm not sure if its totally working yet. i.e. I dont yet know if updates show up because I'm fully updated. There are also a couple of windows that I don't know how (where?) to change it. If there is someone who isn't fully updated that can test it and there is interest I will upload it.

ill try it out for ya

I updated the transmission HUD. I had several problems using the old one. I used the mainmenu.nib from the old one, everything else is completely custom done. Tested to work fine on transmission 1.2 and above (i.e nightlies). What I left out of the conversion was because of memory leaks. Feel free to test and tell me how it works.

[edit] By the way, I left the xib files in their respective locations in case people want to compile their own versions. Feel free to not copy those files to save disk space.

Wow thanks, looks great, downloading it now :unsure:

It doesn't work, and it changed my Transmission to German.

really? works fine here. let me copy things into folders to make everything more clear. before you had to copy files into the folders not over right them, it probably erased the plist files which would explain the german. I included mine in case you needed them but I separated the folders and made the installation more clear.

transmission_hud.zip

ok so i decided to make a little compilation folder of all the HUDS on this thread, that way anyone can just dl this instead of every individual one, also within here, are pretty much two of the same thing, macprodan's about this mac / shutdown windows installer package, along with another package to have the are you sure you want to log off screen hud. also the MACOSX.tiff, file is so you can replace the original white apple logo with the black one, and then ofc, the black speaker for itunes. also the link for the ical HUD is not working, and i wonder if anyone, can make a system preferences HUD. also does anyone know if the iChat HUD and software update HUDs work/are out?

since, there are only 2mb upload limits, the compilation is divided into 3 folders, although you can always put them all into one..

Leopard_Mod_{censored}_folder_1.zip

Leopard_Mod_{censored}_folder_2.zip

Leopard_Mod_{censored}_folder_3.zip

ok so i decided to make a little compilation folder of all the HUDS on this thread, that way anyone can just dl this instead of every individual one, also within here, are pretty much two of the same thing, macprodan's about this mac / shutdown windows installer package, along with another package to have the are you sure you want to log off screen hud. also the MACOSX.tiff, file is so you can replace the original white apple logo with the black one, and then ofc, the black speaker for itunes. also the link for the ical HUD is not working, and i wonder if anyone, can make a system preferences HUD. also does anyone know if the iChat HUD and software update HUDs work/are out?

since, there are only 2mb upload limits, the compilation is divided into 3 folders, although you can always put them all into one..

Leopard_Mod_{censored}_folder_1.zip

Leopard_Mod_{censored}_folder_2.zip

Leopard_Mod_{censored}_folder_3.zip

ichat wont work because of how it updates windows. no one has replied to tell me if the software update works or not. there hasn't been an update for me to test it with. it should work but I dont know if updates will show in the window until a new one comes out.

Leopard_HUD_Installer.zip

Leopard_HUD_Backup_Installer.zip

I made an instaler package for all the HUDs, this way you dont have to spend half an hour manually replacing all the files. this will install and replace them for you.. Made the back up installer for everyone. although doesnt include, VLC or Transmission back ups..

Might i have the software update HUD then? i will place a warning on it untill its made sure to work (even tho it should) but would like to include in the package.

Also does anyone know were a tutorial for making HUDs is? id very much like to learn.

Leopard_HUD_Installer.zip

Leopard_HUD_Backup_Installer.zip

I made an instaler package for all the HUDs, this way you dont have to spend half an hour manually replacing all the files. this will install and replace them for you.. Made the back up installer for everyone. although doesnt include, VLC or Transmission back ups..

Might i have the software update HUD then? i will place a warning on it untill its made sure to work (even tho it should) but would like to include in the package.

Also does anyone know were a tutorial for making HUDs is? id very much like to learn.

I was looking for a tutorial for when I wanted to do it, as far as I know there isn't one. It pretty much involves either switching a single checkbox or rewriting the entire gui from scratch. The transmission and software update mod had both methods involved. the best way to do it is to copy a english.iprog to your desktop and open the files and screw around with it yourself. the software update mod is on the last page fyi.

I was looking for a tutorial for when I wanted to do it, as far as I know there isn't one. It pretty much involves either switching a single checkbox or rewriting the entire gui from scratch. The transmission and software update mod had both methods involved. the best way to do it is to copy a english.iprog to your desktop and open the files and screw around with it yourself. the software update mod is on the last page fyi.

well when you get online again, id very much like to talk to you, seeing as how you are substantially more informed than me, would you please contact me, at

my aim - dirtrider1178

also does anyone know were to access the trash from?