The NSPanel Thread

204 posts in this topic

macrocks

You have to make the localization manually using the english hud nibs.

Almost or all apple system and apps localizations have compiled nibs (unable for us edit it)

The bad of this: adjust the layouts and can't test for example the "about this mac" window in real time

You have to make the localization manually using the english hud nibs.

I was really hoping it was easier than this. Therefore, my wishlist continues to remain :P

Get Info (would be so nice!!), System Profiler, Safari download window, Font Book (OoOOo), Preview (??), Finder file copy, right-click context menu.

Let's get on it gurus :)

System Profiler: (yet another by DiaboliK)

post-14143-1204611639_thumb.png

[Download]

Instructions included this time :)

Enjoy, and dont forget who you got them from!

-D-

by instructions i was hoping for how to actually change an NSPanel to an NSHud

hmm, terminal become always on top after using hud mod, anyway to solve this?
i can make a modification to it so when the terminal is out of focus it will automatically hide itself.

lemme know if you want something like that.

-D-

requested: login window and screenlock window...that will be awesome!

p.s. anyone knows why the buttons , sometimes, when covered , show this kind of...

:D

thats my style of making buttons for HUD's, simple yet sleek and you know its a button when you hover over it.

-D-

P.S. LoginWindow is upthere already, if you have installed the about this mac, all your shutdown, force quit and restart panes should be HUD's also.

Doing Safari doesn't work very well at all, because the Safari window is not a plain NSWindow, it's a custom subclass of it. On awakeFromNib some special methods are called (bordersize, etc) on the textured window, and an exception is raised if there is no textured window to be found (eg, if you change it to NSPanel). Not only that, but if the window loads up, you need to create a new tab to view any content. The tabs are also pretty terrible looking, as they take the window's background color (which is black, so there is black-on-black text). So it's basically not worth the hassle, not only is it pretty bad looking but it could lead to bad performance because of memory leaks.

i can make a modification to it so when the terminal is out of focus it will automatically hide itself.

lemme know if you want something like that.

-D-

that would be great if i can have it, thanks diabolik... :(

although hud mod is great, but i want it on the bg when i don't use it.

P.S. LoginWindow is upthere already, if you have installed the about this mac, all your shutdown, force quit and restart panes should be HUD's also.

My fault Diabolik, probably I did't say it well , what was intending it's the login window after the boot sequence.

:)

I have tried to make a HUD login window a number of times it fails to login all the time and you get a looping sequence of it trying to show the window failing an retrying.

You can mess wit this one yourself if you think it can be done could be a permissions problem.

Turn on automatic login and then try it by login out, then if it does not work on a reboot it wont show but will still log you in allowing you to replace with original.

Thesis! U inserted a link to download the QT hud modding that doesn't contain any HUD files related..ummh!

:(

Here's one that actually has nib files lol

(And a volume control which the other one lacked)

Quicktime_HUD_MOD_by_neodesktop.jpg

[Download]