[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Right now high Sierra is useless for chaps with Nvidia Pascal GPUs. Sticking with 10.12.5 Sierra.

Pointless to install DP2 without Nvidia Drivers and GUI acceleration.

And my Maxwell gtx960 is useless.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Anyone else having issues with his password on a fresh installation of High Sierra? In the sense that it triggers a password reset on the account? I had to reset mine about 5 times so far just because I logged in from High Sierra. This doesn't happen with Sierra. And it seems to only occur with fresh installations of High Sierra. Initially I thought it could be a bug with DP1. But DP2 and PB1 have the same issue.

Any idea what changed? It's becoming annoying to always reset my icloud password.

Also, it can't be a bug since it doesn't occur with real Macs. But I doubt I'm the only one with this issue. I just couldn't find anything about it online, so far.

Hi guys,

Anyone else having issues with his password on a fresh installation of High Sierra? In the sense that it triggers a password reset on the account? I had to reset mine about 5 times so far just because I logged in from High Sierra. This doesn't happen with Sierra. And it seems to only occur with fresh installations of High Sierra.

Any idea what changed?

Also, it can't be a bug since it doesn't occur with real Macs.

Hi there,

Are you talking about Apple ID's password or the local account's password?

Hi there,

Are you talking about Apple ID's password or the local account's password?

Apple ID. Logging in from High Sierra hack triggers a password reset prompt on the other idevices (like the iphone, for example). It will prompt you to enter your password, and then to reset it. Which is annoying as hell.

I had the same problem with macOS Sierra. After each clean install I had to reset the password. I didn't test it on macOS High Sierra yet but as you stated, so it will happen on macOS High Sierra too.

I had the same problem with macOS Sierra. After each clean install I had to reset the password. I didn't test it on macOS High Sierra yet but as you stated, so it will happen on macOS High Sierra too.

That is weird. I never encountered it before. With any macOS until High Sierra. Anyway. Any idea what's causing it? Or how to fix it?

That is weird. I never encountered it before. With any macOS until High Sierra. Anyway. Any idea what's causing it? Or how to fix it?

It is weird indeed, but I believe it started form back in El Capitan, and my guess is that using a different SMBIOS and serial numbers will trigger the account lock down. I'm not sure what is the exact reason for this behavior.

When Hardware UUID, Serial Number, MLB and System ID change with each config.plist it might make the servers at Apple think there is a security breach so they will lock the ID.

• Like 2

It is weird indeed, but I believe it started form back in El Capitan, and my guess is that using a different SMBIOS and serial numbers will trigger the account lock down. I'm not sure what is the exact reason for this behavior.

When Hardware UUID, Serial Number, MLB and System ID change with each config.plist it might make the servers at Apple think there is a security breach so they will lock the ID.

I think you're right. I also thought it might be that. I'll check for consistency. I might have an idea what's causing this in my particular case.

• Like 1

I think you're right. I also thought it might be that. I'll check for consistency. I might have an idea what's causing this in my particular case.

If it turned out to be true, I'll be appreciated if you share that theory so I can test it on my end.

I also kept a config.plist for my final installations so the sensitive parts such as MLB and Hardware UUID and the serial number is always the same. By doing so I can say that the account lock down is not happening as it was before.

But remember if you add your Apple ID with a certain hardware info and boot from another config into macOS might also cause the account lock down. The Apple ID gets associated with one Serial number, and suddenly apple's servers see it with another hardware info but the same MLB and MAC address and they don't like it.

I mentioned this because sometimes I accidentally boot into my main macOS from a USB disk with another config.plist in a test process and it would result to another account lock down, not always but sometimes it happens.

post your config.plist so I can take a look.

Compress it so you can attach it here.

Use these settings:

BIOS Version: MP61.88Z.0117.B01.1706261354 with BIOS Released Date: 06/26/2017

My config.plist is attached. Thanks.

config.plist.zip

Hi guys,

Anyone else having issues with his password on a fresh installation of High Sierra? In the sense that it triggers a password reset on the account? I had to reset mine about 5 times so far just because I logged in from High Sierra. This doesn't happen with Sierra. And it seems to only occur with fresh installations of High Sierra. Initially I thought it could be a bug with DP1. But DP2 and PB1 have the same issue.

Any idea what changed? It's becoming annoying to always reset my icloud password.

Also, it can't be a bug since it doesn't occur with real Macs. But I doubt I'm the only one with this issue. I just couldn't find anything about it online, so far.

It only happened to me if I enabled "2-Factor Auth", fyi I have 2 running macOS (10.11.6 & 10.13) with same SMBios Datas etc.. Means, if I've already logged in to once of them, another one would be locked down for security reason if I'm trying to do the same; or vice versa. But strange is I didn't get this issue while on Sierra.

post-826765-0-55631400-1498892747_thumb.png

If it turned out to be true, I'll be appreciated if you share that theory so I can test it on my end.

I also kept a config.plist for my final installations so the sensitive parts such as MLB and Hardware UUID and the serial number is always the same. By doing so I can say that the account lock down is not happening as it was before.

But remember if you add your Apple ID with a certain hardware info and boot from another config into macOS might also cause the account lock down. The Apple ID gets associated with one Serial number, and suddenly apple's servers see it with another hardware info but the same MLB and MAC address and they don't like it.

I mentioned this because sometimes I accidentally boot into my main macOS from a USB disk with another config.plist in a test process and it would result to another account lock down, not always but sometimes it happens.

I will definitely let you know. :)

So far, I'm trying to narrow down the specific config that could be triggering this. Unfortunately I don't have access to it right now. I'll check on Monday and let you know. But, for now, I only removed from my iCloud account, the device I knew it wasn't 100% safe. And reinstalled High Sierra. And....so far so good. No password reset prompt.

So, it doesn't look like it's the OS (as you said, it could have been happening to me in Sierra, as well), it's just that I didn't mess with that specific config back then. :) So yeah, so far, looks like you're right.

So, even if you're logging in from a device you know it's ok, if you have other devices linked to your account, and they are not ok, you'll get the account lock down. Basically, every time you add a "new device", it checks the other ones, as well. And, even if the "new device" is ok, you will still get the password reset prompt, because of the other ones. And this is exactly what I tried right now. Minimizing the points of failure to the devices I was 100% sure they work. And looks like I was right. So far so good, on a fresh installation of High Sierra. No password reset prompt. It did ask me to enter one of my other device's password. But that's standard. After that, everything ok.

Sooo..yeah. I'll need to check the other configs. Sadly I can't do that right now. I can only confirm it's not the OS, but it is the config, and it doesn't matter if the computer you're logging in at that time is ok, if the other ones linked to your account are not.

And yeah, you might be right, @Badruzeus. I have 2-factor authentication. So...maybe it doesn't occur if you don't have that enabled. I don't know. But so far, it doesn't occur with it either, IF the configs linked to the account are ok.

• Like 2

I had the same Apple ID password reset issue come up when I installed High Sierra on a new SSD (I had previously installed it on a partition of an existing SSD).

In both cases I was using the same config.plist I used for Sierra, so SMBIOS, serial etc. is all the same.

I have a pretty stable config, so I was a bit surprised when it happened. I wondered if it was something to do with using the Beta Developer Access application when my machine hadn't really been enrolled, and since I don't have a paid Apple Dev account? (My Apple ID is a dev one, but not a paid dev one).

I take a look :

-  your acpi is not completed enough to load

-  no need firmeware features now

-  did you use clover 4097 ?

See here :

Acpi in 1 :

post-1879825-0-95848500-1498898091_thumb.png

• Like 1

I take a look :

I use clover r4098.  

"your acpi is not completed enough to load"? What modfication do i need to do.

Thanks

Sorry for my bad english

I use clover r4098.  

"your acpi is not completed enough to load"? What modfication do i need to do.

Thanks

Sorry for my bad english

I had edit my post see up

For macgen84 :

acpi in 2  :

Did you used Mac pro 6,1 SMBIOS  right in your hack with Sierra before ?

post-1879825-0-03966200-1498898361_thumb.png

• Like 1

It only happened to me if I enabled "2-Factor Auth", fyi I have 2 running macOS (10.11.6 & 10.13) with same SMBios Datas etc.. Means, if I've already logged in to once of them, another one would be locked down for security reason if I'm trying to do the same; or vice versa. But strange is I didn't get this issue while on Sierra.

I don't have Two-Steps Authentication active but it's happening. But I think what @arsradu suggested is making more sense about the the devices that are linked to a certain Apple ID account.

I had the same Apple ID password reset issue come up when I installed High Sierra on a new SSD (I had previously installed it on a partition of an existing SSD).

In both cases I was using the same config.plist I used for Sierra, so SMBIOS, serial etc. is all the same.

I have a pretty stable config, so I was a bit surprised when it happened. I wondered if it was something to do with using the Beta Developer Access application when my machine hadn't really been enrolled, and since I don't have a paid Apple Dev account? (My Apple ID is a dev one, but not a paid dev one).

Nope it has nothing to do with the Beta Developer Access Utility because it started to happen to me way before I decided to use the beta developer access utility.

try the EFI folder I posted earlier. Remove all the DSDT/SSDT tables and then test it on the bootable USB disk that you created for macOS High Sierra. DP1 or DP 2 or even DP2 Update 1 should work.

The config that I used with that folder is the second line on my signature. Give it a try and let me know.

• Like 1

Nope it has nothing to do with the Beta Developer Access Utility because it started to happen to me way before I decided to use the beta developer access utility.

Do you have an actual Dev account though? That's more my point.

I take a look :

See here :

Acpi in 1 :

having all those options selected doesn't necessarily mean that your system needs them. My computers can load macOS installer and the macOS itself with none of them only the ones that are necessary.

If you are using a patched DSDT or even if you are using the patched SSDTs you won't need those fixes at all.

Do you have an actual Dev account though? That's more my point.

Nope I don't :)

But as I mentioned before the problem started with El Capitan for me I wasn't even using the beta version at that time.

• Like 1

But as I mentioned before the problem started with El Capitan for me I wasn't even using the beta version at that time.

Ah, fair enough. First time it's happened for me, and weirdly it was only when doing the second install of DP1. It was to a new NVMe SSD though, perhaps related.

having all those options selected doesn't necessarily mean that your system needs them. My computers can load macOS installer and the macOS itself with none of them only the ones that are necessary.

If you are using a patched DSDT or even if you are using the patched SSDTs you won't need those fixes at all.

Your are right and no need to use default clover options. ;)

• Like 1

@Sherlocks

Have you seen this post yet?

4092 is the only version of clover that I tested so far that doesn't end up with OSInstall.mpkg error with all of my hard disks connected, with all the other versions I have to remove all the other hdd/ssd disk drives other wise I get the error.

Your are right and no need to use default clover options. ;)

That's correct  :yes:

• Like 1